Starpuck: Gif it my all, anime win!

Starpuck

The downside to my latest anime binging, is that I've watched four whole series, a third or more of two more series, and a few episodes of even another series in the last 6 weeks.   That's on top of keeping up with series that are really long and still going.    How could I possibly find just a single theme for this challenge with inspiration like that?   So instead, a conglomerate of awesome anime references, all in one spot, and with a fiendishly terrible pun/play on words.

GIF IT MY ALL ... ANIME WIN!

(20 bonus points to the first person to figure out the word play.)

giphy.gif

The best way to succeed is to use your own abilities to the fullest.   ~ Yukio Okumura

GOAL #1 -  Run 3x/week*

tumblr_njzcxgamym1u0j60go1_500.gif

(Yes, this is probably what I look like when I run)

Despite my usual aversion to running (it's haaaaard) - I have to honestly say that I feel great afterwards, I love being outdoors for whatever reason, and it does great things to my hips.     That's three pro's right off the bat, with the only con being that it's hard.   It's time I stop avoiding things just because they seem difficult and/or require me to step out of my comfort zone of quick and easy success.     The asterisk allows me to count a hockey game as a run for the weeks that the hockey schedule may cause overlap.  

“Fear is not evil. It tells you what your weakness is. And once you know your weakness, you can become stronger as well as kinder.†~Gildarts

GOAL #2 -  Strength 3x/week*

tumblr_mzd6v9Gc8w1rnt72lo3_500.gif

Simply put.   In order to keep from losing your progress, and to see increase in strength and stability, this part of the routine must be consistent.   What I would really benefit from is getting on board a program that already exists, that includes the things I want to work on.     I have access to weights in my whse, so standard lifts are all good to go.   I also really want to get up to 10 pull ups in a row some day.  (I'm at 3-4 depending on the type of bar right now.)

GOAL #3 -  Eat for Health!  (Track Daily)

tumblr_mbah1ck90P1rbzd35o1_500.gif

This one is hard for me because I am constantly panicking over the question of, "Am I eating too much, or not enough?"    I MUST not let my slow progress trick me into eating less than my current numbers because, I DO get more powerful when I eat.    You cannot ask your body to do more, lift more, run longer, while giving it LESS fuel.    I'm not a Prius after all!    So track 6+ days per week just like last time.   Start getting variety into the week.   After months of eating the same things for breakfast/lunch/snack and doing the same exercise, the body has learned what it can do with what it's given.   So, let's get crazy.

GOAL #4 -  Keep Drawing 2x/week

m6L99j.gif

This went really well last time!    Not only was I super enjoying it, but I found that it was a great way to calm me down at night.  It was relaxing!    And I feel like I am improving on it.    Last challenge I ended up doing more than one drawing per week, but it was still often happening on one day.   This time I'd like to increase the frequency in which I am drawing. 

(Also?  I totally made that gif myself!!!   I hope it actually shows up on the forums!  Gif skills +1)

GOAL #5 -  Confidence and Love

tumblr_n2d2j1f6dF1trvcejo1_500.gif

To quote a lovely, and wise, woman I am privileged to call friend: 

I've decided to work on my self-acceptance. I want to be healthier and a bit thinner to fit in the clothes I own. Love in life should be unconditional though, including self-love! Why should I wait to love myself until I am 'x' size? Will it change nythin essential about who I am? No. Well, thats a bit dumb then.

It's time to start telling my body, my body as it is RIGHT NOW, that it is my friend.   It does some pretty amazing things, and in fact, has never stopped me from doing something.    So why all the dissatisfaction?  It's not only pointless, it's harmful.   And it has to stop.    So, once per week, I will post a picture of myself.   With this picture, I will write something kind and positive about what I see.  No negativity, no 'buts', no 'if only'.   Just.  Picture.  Kind words.   Done.     Oh god, I can't believe I just committed to this idea.

NOW THEN, LET'S DO THIS!

Noragami-image-noragami-36417558-500-213

• Like 6

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Good luck with your challenge! I recommend Stronglifts 5x5. Free tracking app is nice.

giphy.gif

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%

I LOVE GOAL #5.

I love it almost as much as I love YOU.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Yes.  All of the yes.

You got this, little 'Puck.  

<3   Thanks 7FG!   I'm glad you're here.

Your Goal #5 is awesome. You are awesome. 

D'aww, must be rubbing off from all of that joedog awesome!    That's gonna be a super tough goal.  But I know my friends got my back.

Good luck with your challenge! I recommend Stronglifts 5x5. Free tracking app is nice.

giphy.gif

Hi hi!  Thank you for the advice and the gif!    I've heard lots of people speak well of it.  

I just wonder if I can put pull ups into the mix without it being a terrible idea.

Camping here for awesome!!

tumblr_nj6i6cYmxR1tpxvc8o1_500.gif

Woot!  Hello one of my internet meant to be best friends forever's!    Thanks for gifing me some attention. ;)

I LOVE GOAL #5.

I love it almost as much as I love YOU.

Awwww, Karina.  Girl, you've been SUCH an amazing Starpuck supporter over these past few months.   Ever since the knee-tastrophes brought us together!   I'm so glad to have you along here!   Love right back atcha!

'Give it my all, and I may win'?

Following along for awesome, as usual!

Ding ding ding!  Obax gets the 20pts!  Teehee.   *hug*

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

SUMMARY OF WEEK "IN BETWEEN" ACTIVITIES

Monday - Rest

Tuesday - Strength Day/Whse

3min jump rope warm up

Pull Ups: 3/6 - 3/6 - 3/6

Chair Sit Ups: 15 - 15 @12# - 15 @12#

Glute Bridge: 15 @35# - 15 @40# - 15 @40#

Push Ups: 10 - 13 - 13 (regular)

Step Ups: @12#  3 x 10 (each leg)

Hold/Negative: 35"

Stretching

Wednesday - Outdoor Run

2.22 miles, 24:51 minutes, average pace 11:12

Got out the door late, so decided to just do laps up and down our street at work.  

Was able to run the whole 25 minutes straight, so good news on this front.

Thursday - Strength Day/Whse

3min jump rope warm up

Pull Ups: 3/6 - 3/5 - 2/6

Tricep Press: 3 x 10 x 20# (dual handed grip)

Side Lunge: 10 @12# - 2 x 10 @20# (each leg)

Side Plank w/ Leg Raises: 3 x15 (each leg)

Chair Sit Ups: 3 x 15

Bent Dumbbell Row: 1 x 8 @40# - 2 x 5 @40# (each arm)

Weak Spot Holds: 3 x 3"

Stretching

Friday - Hockey Playoff Game#1

7pm-8pm

Saturday - Hockey Playoff Game#2 & #3

Game #1  10:45am-11:45am

Game #2  3:35pm-4:45pm

Game #3  9:50pm-10:50pm (co-ed)

Sunday - Potential Championship Game

Game 11:55am-12:55am

• Like 3

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

You're a puck not a prius

70050d8afb343f849c7a8dec7bd4c037.jpg

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Yikes, I ran out of time before I could word at your last challenge. Sorry about that. :(

Anyway. Feel you. I've been here for years and it's always felt as if I were spinning my wheels. It's a tough place to be. Certainly not a happy one. All the stuff you endure would be so much more bearable if you just got some results to match.

The unfortunate truth is that it's a slow, grinding process, fraught with twists and turns that you may never even consider, that you might not even see coming.

The fortunate truth, though, is that you're up to it.

Gotta admit, I'm kinda feeling the running/hockey goal a fair bit. Had a power outage yesterday, and I had this weird spurt of energy, so I just took off and ran around for an hour or so. After reading the story of how a marathoner managed to go Primal and improve using the principles, I have to admit, a part of me itches to get back out there and start working again. Just so long as you understand: this is an expression of yourself. It is not useful to consider it purely as a weight loss thing. If you like what it does to your legs and hips and you enjoy the activity, then so be it. Just be sure that it's something you do because you want to, and not because you're after 'results.'

Ganbare~!

ibvoL2HSwpKWF7.gif

I love goal #5!  So many of us seem to have body image problems, even though we have perfectly healthy, awesome bodies.  

And yay for the art!  You're almost, maybe, sort of inspiring me to get back into drawing, too.  ;)

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Yay you brained a challenge! :D Super pumped to see more of your artsss

Hey Raxie!  Yup yup yup!  I finally got it sorted out, and I'm super happy with how it turned out.    I knew what I wanted to do, but the theme was tricking me.   And for me, all creative nerdist that I am, it HAS to have some kind of theme -- because that's what keeps me into it!    I'm hoping the artses keeps up.   Maybe at some point I'll be able to take requests!  *meep*  (nowayI'dneverbegoodenoughforthat)

You're a puck not a prius

Gotta say, Starpuck is an awesome forum name, but it's a little weird still that it gets shortened to puck when I meet peeps.   LOL.    But yeah, def' not a Prius.  If I were a car, I'd wanna be a Jeep Wrangler!   With big tires, and a mud all over my chassis!

Yikes, I ran out of time before I could word at your last challenge. Sorry about that. :(

Anyway. Feel you. I've been here for years and it's always felt as if I were spinning my wheels. It's a tough place to be. Certainly not a happy one. All the stuff you endure would be so much more bearable if you just got some results to match.

The unfortunate truth is that it's a slow, grinding process, fraught with twists and turns that you may never even consider, that you might not even see coming.

The fortunate truth, though, is that you're up to it.

Gotta admit, I'm kinda feeling the running/hockey goal a fair bit. Had a power outage yesterday, and I had this weird spurt of energy, so I just took off and ran around for an hour or so. After reading the story of how a marathoner managed to go Primal and improve using the principles, I have to admit, a part of me itches to get back out there and start working again. Just so long as you understand: this is an expression of yourself. It is not useful to consider it purely as a weight loss thing. If you like what it does to your legs and hips and you enjoy the activity, then so be it. Just be sure that it's something you do because you want to, and not because you're after 'results.'

Ganbare~!

Yay, Kishi again.  I feel so spoiled!   Yes, slow process.   Ugh.  Hate slow.  Want instant rewards, darnit, darnit.  Not that I don't enjoy work, I do!  I'm even one of those crazy people that loves physical labor.   Relandscape the entire yard?  YES!   But the thing about that?    At the end of the day, you have a clear before and after.   You see the results of all that sweat.   When the results are small or hidden, even enjoyable work starts to tug doubts into your mind.   Must create a stronger mind.  Even if I must TRICK myself into the habit.   (Goal #5 totally touches on that.)   Thanks for checking in!   You got good words. :)

I also totally know what ganbare~ means!  YAY!

Hey gurl. Solid set of goals, especially #5.

<3 WUFKAR!   I'm so totally feeling sheepish to admit this to you.   But I totally miss your presence on my threads, so seeing you pop in made me really really happy and big smile!    You're like, one of my age old challenge pals.   And you inspire me so much.

I love goal #5!  So many of us seem to have body image problems, even though we have perfectly healthy, awesome bodies.  

And yay for the art!  You're almost, maybe, sort of inspiring me to get back into drawing, too.   ;)

Do it, do it Nymeria!   DRAW!   I am not very good at it, and I have soooo far to go before I can take my crazy brain ideas and turn them into the pics I want them to be, but I've had a lot of fun just practicing my copying skills with my favorite anime pieces!  And yeah.  #5 is a doozy.   For as much as I harass some of my friends to not let what the world thinks of them dictate what they're willing to wear, say, do, try in public ... I do this very same thing when it comes to my body.   Hide it, hide it, hide it!    I really need to learn how to own it. 

And now, we're down to less than 6 hours until my first play off game.   I'm actually really nervous this year.  We've been to the playoffs twice before.  The first year by default, because the two teams above us that should have made it, canceled out of going.    And then last year, we made it for real, on a pretty .500-ish record, went up to the tournament with only 9 skaters, had one with a broken finger not yet cleared to play, and ended up winning!   This year, we finished in first place and have a really solid, but even more important, really FUN team that gets along well, and we have the expectations of being 'defending champs'.    It's like last year we had nothing to lose, and it wasn't our business to win.    THIS year, I am struggling with nerves!     I suppose it's the good kind of anxious nerves that I imagine all athletes have, but ugh, lol.   Trying to focus on my teammates, the awesomeness that I even get to PLAY this great sport in such an organized way, and that I am about to go the funnest exercise in the world.   

I'm also trying to eat up lots of calories now.  Oi!    SO FULL!   Still gotta eat a yogurt and then my sandwich at 5pm.   Hah.

Sunday I plan on taking some starting pictures.    And this time, I'm gonna actually put 'em in my thread.  *gulp*     Will catch you all on Monday after this whirlwind weekend.    Seriously, thanks for stopping in and giving me all this support and cheering.   You guys are the best.

• Like 2

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

It's easy to be an amazing starpuck supporter because starpuck is amazing!

Have a great game!

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Got to the rink on time.   Spent the first 15 minutes talking to Kelly H from our opposing team.   We'd gone to some skating clinics together back when I first started, so we've known each other a while.   Two of the ladies on this team, also have played for our team in the past.    Evenly matched teams, amicable off the ice, hard fought game.   Can't ask for more.     This is what I love about our sport.      We got the win in tonight's game too, so bonus smiles there.

Here is this years t-shirt.   I get the intention, but I've grown past the 'real' that gets tagged along so easily these days.   I'm sure a better word could have still gotten the point across without dissing any women who /don't/ play hockey.    Something like, Women Play Hockey: I'm Proof.   

56jGqafl.jpg

And I'm sporting my first wound from the weekend.    Slashed across the wrist; three little red 'stick skids', a small lump of swelling and/or knotted muscle and likely a pending bruise.   It'd be fine except for the whole pain during any gripping motion thing going on.   Just layered up some Traumeel and rubbed it a bit.   All good to go now.

Now, time to relax and head into bed, get lots of much needed sleep.

• Like 1

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

But real women do play hockey.

I mean. Have you ever seen a manikin play hockey? Like, they can't pass for nothing, and forget shooting.

Hell, they can't even skate. Because they're fake women.

Also, yeah, hockey is rough. But you keep on skating anyway. Rest up and heal well!

• Like 2

Super pooped.   

But, this was crazy.     I ate 3000 calories today.

...MFP tells me I really should have eaten another 600 yet. 

tumblr_m6p2yiHrXl1ru3v4eo1_500.gif

• Like 1

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

But real women do play hockey.

I mean. Have you ever seen a manikin play hockey? Like, they can't pass for nothing, and forget shooting.

Hell, they can't even skate. Because they're fake women.

Also, yeah, hockey is rough. But you keep on skating anyway. Rest up and heal well!

LOL, ok ok, point well made Kishi!    Mannequins make terrible hockey players.   This is true!     (Oddly enough, at this weekends playoffs, on the north rink, they had dressed up five dummies and put them on the far side of the glass.  They looked real!!!  Except oddly all bald, and they weren't moving.  Sooooo creepy.    So, the moral of this story is; While mannequins make terrible hockey players, dummies make for excellent fans!)

I feel obligated to follow you since we have now actually met. Well, that and you're a super super awesome lady! :D

Pppfttt!   No obligations!!    That said, I'm glad you showed up, and am totes gonna counter stalk follow you! :D  

So, I may not understand all your anime references but I like anime-als.

Like this guy:

potato_from_air_tv3.jpg

Also, I like you.  :redface-new:

ZOMG He's adorable!!!  And I like you too!!   Even if the darn planets never align to allow me to get up and say hey when you guys scoot through town.    Since King Wasabi and I have hit most of the state parks and stuff in Illinois, we may venture further north this summer.  I shall totally poke at you guys!

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

So weekend final round up.     

Playoffs.      We won Friday 4-1.   Won our first game Saturday 1-0.   (Against a team that beat another team 6-1!)    Lost our third game to the Sun Prairie Rage (*shakes fist at Haikoo and her people!!*) 3-1.   Sadly, the way the pools were divided, even though we won 2 of the 3 prelim games, by losing to the Rage, we were knocked out of playoffs  UNLESS the Novas (whom we beat 4-1 and the other team beat 5-1) were to tie or beat the Rage.     The ended up losing only 1-0, and the lone goal didn't happen until the 3rd period.  HOLY CRAP!   I also twinged my left knee.   The never before injured one.   And that's freaking me out.   I'm hoping it's just a side effect of extreme overuse, and that some TLC and rest will untweak it.    If it's not symptom free in 3 days, I'll go have Moe look at it and give me a free consultation.   But ugh.   This blows.    Really don't want to start off new challenge side-lined.

That said, I am SOOOO glad we didn't have to play this morning.      You see, after our second play off game yesterday, and our 3rd total game in under 24hours, most of us had our first night of the co-ed league to play.    So we all went and played what would be our 3rd game that day, and our 4th game in a 26 hour period.       Guys.   I am dead serious.   It hurts to lie still and breath today lol.    My legs, specifically my hip flexors and IT bands and glutes, are so blown out that I can't even lift my foot off the ground without some serious pain.

To make things even more better!  (And seriously, right at the start of the challenge???)    The sharks finally showed up, today, on DAY FREAKING 36.   What up being late to the party you jerk sharks????   So I've got THAT storm going on top of a totally broken down body.

So today?   ULTRA REST.

Super proud of myself that I still got up and went to church.   Then I did laundry, and watched 17 episodes of anime.   (Finished Madoka Magica, watched a few more FT and am starting Arpeggio of Blue Steel now.)     Gonna watch one more episode while rubbing myself down head to toe in Traumeel, then going to bed and hoping I can do something active tomorrow.

• Like 2

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler