Cinderellis VS Gravity in the Fight for Chin Up Victory

Ok, for real this time, I really REALLY want to get going with my chin ups and pull ups!! We've had an ongoing battle over the last two challenges, and so far I've lost. It's been a wee bit discouraging. No more!

red-panda-pull-ups-o.gif

Even though I will never have this level of fluffy-tailed greatness, this guy is still my role model :D

Main Quest: Achieve chin up (and then maybe even pull up) glory

Quest #1: Keep up with the Beginner Bodyweight Workout 3x per week, gradually adding difficulty. Make sure to keep up the good stretching work!

Reward: +4 STR +1 DEX

Quest #2: Follow the Pre-Armstrong Pull up Program on non-BBWW days. Also, make a tracking chart.

Reward: +5 STR

Quest #3: Don't help the gravity nemesis. Eat well! Eat only 7 servings of grains or sugary treats per week. Also, REMINDER: two bowls of cheesy popcorn does not equal one serving. No cheating.

Reward: +3 CON

Quest #4: Floss floss floss! Cause who needs plaque weighing them down? I have never ever been able to do this consistently, and I really want to start. I think I will have more success in the mornings, since at night I tend to forget / be too tired to feel like bleeding. Floss 6x per week.

Reward: +1 CON +1 CHA
(Shiny teeth and nice gums mean charisma power, right??)

I'm also going to make a better effort to keep posting on here, even if things aren't going super well. But of course I hope it does go well :)

Grading:

A= 85 -100% completed = Full points

B= 70 - 85% completed = 0.75 points

C= 55 - 70% completed = 0.5 points

D= 40 - 55% completed = 0.25 points

F= Aint gonna happen!! 

• Like 2

Lvl 3 Wood Elf Adventurer

STR 9.25 || DEX 5 || STA 3 || CON 9.75 || WIS 12.75 || CHA 2

Challenges: Current || #1 || #2 || #3 || Artistic & Creative Accountability || Etsy Shop

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. --The Fox in The Little Prince

Walk to Mordor // 116 out of 1779 miles

Your challenge looks great! Flossing is something I've been working on too.  I've tried to make it a habit of just flossing my front teeth.  Once I do those consistently, I plan to start adding more teeth, one at a time until it's all of them.  My change in job might mean no dental coverage for quite some time, so i'll need to try extra hard to take good care of my teeth! 

Following along!  This challenge is looking great and ugh flossing...I hate flossing!  Also, that diet challenge looks awesome!  Good luck and I'll be cheering ya on!

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Following along!  This challenge is looking great and ugh flossing...I hate flossing!  Also, that diet challenge looks awesome!  Good luck and I'll be cheering ya on!

Thanks!! Yeah, so far flossing is on track but have a few sore spots that bleed : / Guess it's a good sign I should be making it a habit!

subbed to follow along

Thanks! Hope you're doing well :)

Your challenge looks great! Flossing is something I've been working on too.  I've tried to make it a habit of just flossing my front teeth.  Once I do those consistently, I plan to start adding more teeth, one at a time until it's all of them.  My change in job might mean no dental coverage for quite some time, so i'll need to try extra hard to take good care of my teeth! 

Oh man, I'm with you on the no coverage! I can't wait to get a teaching job so I can stop putting off health care needs. And maybe magically also get coverage for physio, haha :D

Challenges: Current || #1 || #2 || #3 || Artistic & Creative Accountability || Etsy Shop

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. --The Fox in The Little Prince

Day 3: Noodle arms!! Ow ow. But soreness = progress, right? :P

tumblr_mkwugiJtQO1qatb03o5_500.gif

So far I've done (arms/back):

Monday: beginner bodyweight totals:

- 18 full and 12 knee pushups

- 30 dumbbell rows @ 15lbs each side

Tuesday: pull up program totals:

- 14, 5, 4 full pushups

- 13 pull up negatives

- 15s, 17s, 14s grip hangs

- 10, 10 dumbbell rows @ 15 lbs each side

Wednesday: Beginner bodyweight totals:

- 18 full and 12 knee pushups (really tough)

- 15 dumbbell rows @ 15lbs each side (also ouch)

- 30 tricep dips added so as not to overdo the ouch

And tomorrow the pull up program will be more arm/lats/back craziness. Is this too much?? I'm stretching a lot, and will see how this week goes with only Sunday as a rest day. Maybe I will have to modify my bodyweight workout for more legs and less arms, since my squats and lunges are getting a bit too easy (Howdidthishappen????) We shall see...

• Like 2

I share your desire regarding pullups.  For me, its one of the simplest measurements of fitness.  I couldn't do 1 full lower proper form pullup (proper form being arms straight, no swinging, kicking, kipping, etc).  I just did 5 for the first time yesterday.  I'd attribute my success to 3 things.

1) Dropped wt from 171 to 163lbs (my ideal wt).  That had to be a big help.

2) I've been doing plenty of seated cable pulldowns.

3)  Learning proper technique.  I noticed in watching videos that people doing lots of pullups lean back slightly.  I'm not talking about a big lean.  I'm talking about not trying to come up so straight that your nose scrapes the bar.  Now when I come up, my nose is about 4" away from the bar.  I seem to have a lot more strength pulling at a slight angle than perfectly vertical.  

I'm not sure what % I would attribute any of the above to increasing my # of pullups, they probably all helped.

I also saw you were doing pushups.  I recently started doing declines where I put my feet on a support. I'm currently using a 3' support for my feet.  It doesn't actually feel that much harder than a regular pushups (been doing those to), but it does give me soreness in a different area of my chest than regular pushups, and it breaks the monotony.  Plus I think it looks cool, and above all, looking cool is the most important thing when working out, right?

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

I quite like the noodly feeling - means I pushed myself.

Sounds like you're doing well! Modifying based on progress/requirement for rest is a good idea - better to take it down a notch and not get injured. Even days off can have stretching though :)

Viscura
[Cybernetic Warrior
]

Current Challenge

LEVEL: 18
STR: 23 | STA: 25 | CON: 22 | INT: 10 | WIL: 19 | DEX: 1

Stuff I do:
Write stories and talk about being trans
Various filmy/webseriesy things