7/30/15

Hello, friends.  I've continued to lift but forgotten to post over the last two weeks.

Squat 5x5 170 lbs

OHP 5x5 90 lbs

Deadlift 3x5 165 lbs

Music--shuffled today, but a funny story.  I'm an Amazon Prime member so I utilize Prime Music to listen to new stuff while I'm working out.  I downloaded Cattle Decapitation's MONOLITH OF INHUMANITY for today.  The only thing I knew about Cattle Decapitation was that they're a death metal band whose lyrics focus on environmental/vegetarian themes.  During my last squat set, their song [REDACTED BECAUSE IT IS DISGUSTING] came on.  It was the first song by them I'd ever heard.  Musically, not bad.  However, during my fourth rep, it got to the breakdown and their vocalist started doing this really low, gurgling, version of the typical death metal Cookie Monster vocal and I laughed so hard I barely finished the set.  I hit another one of their songs during deadlifts and he did the same thing.  It's so distracting I don't think I can lift to this band any more. 

• Like 1

Hola, Amigos.  Good day today.  My gym has been getting crowded with people doing big lifts--squats, deadlifts, cleans, etc.  In the past, it was always the bench and the machines that got crowded.  I worked in with 3 other guys who are in various stages of Stronglifts/Starting Strength and it was a lot of fun.  

Squat - 5x5 175

Bench - 5x5 155

Row - 5x5 125

Tunes--Black Flag

Lunch--2 cans of albacore tuna with whole grain bread.  I need to step up my lunch game.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

• Like 1

Can't complain!

Switched to Madcow, I was close to stalling on Squats and OHP was going nowhere. Time to change and try something new. :)

Your doing great though, good to see you could work in with other lifters, some people can be real dicks about time in the racks.

Thankfully everyone at my gym is pretty friendly about working in if you don't mind returning the favor.  There are only 3 squat racks so it can get crowded.  

I've heard of Madcow but I'm not very familiar.  Do you like it so far?

Week 2 of Madcow and enjoying it. The lighter lifts have let me concentrate on my form again instead of just grinding out weight. It ramps the weight and in 12 weeks I should be exceeding my PR's I hit in SL. Excited for that, and recovery is easier. Yeah I think it will work for me.

Our gym just got smaller! Going in to check it out on Monday with Son3 and his GF.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

8/11/15

I was finally able to break through and finish 185 lbs in the squat.  It felt significantly harder than 180 lbs, but I think I'd put a lot of mental emphasis on a plate and 25 lbs per side as a goal, so I was anxious about succeeding.  After taking two weeks off for vacation and general laziness, I'm hopeful that I'm back on track and gaining again.

Squat -- 5x5 185 lbs

Bench -- 5x5 160 lbs

Rows -- 5x5 130 lbs

Tunes--I tried to listen to Baroness, one of my favorite bands, today but something about them makes them unsuitable for lifting for me.  Too sludgy, I guess.  I'm not really sure.  But anyway--Pig Destroyer, PHANTOM LIMB; Black Flag, MY WAR; Cannibal Corpse, TOMB OF THE MUTILATED.