Faille. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

faille

Here we go again....

Usually my goal formula is 1 strength, 1 cardio, 1 diet, and 1 life goal.  But apparently that is too much for me, no matter how SIMPLE I make these goals, so I'm cutting back a little.  I think I get overwhelmed with having to do something every day and if I don't do it, I fail.  There are 86 days left until San Diego Comic Con (my nerd mecca), and if I'm going to be able to ROCK my next road-to-con challenge, I need to spend this one building habits.  

Main goal:  FINISH THE THING
No starting strong then petering out.  No disappearing during weeks 4 and 5.  No missing a challenge goal and writing the entire thing off.

KRmT9vR.png

ROUTINE
Workout on a schedule.  If I schedule it, maybe I will realize that this is just what I do on Mondays, and it won't feel like a choice I have to make at the expense of something else anymore.  It's just a thing I do.  So, here's my workout schedule for the challenge:

• Mondays - Spin class after work with my coworker.
  • Saturdays - Dog Walk with my Leash Your Fitness group

That's it.  Ultimately I want to get to 3+ days a week of consistent exercise, but I'll start with these two.  If I do anything else during the week, awesome!  If not, no big deal.

schedule.gif

CONSISTENCY
I will post an update every day, with at least one thing I did to better myself.  Even if those posts are boring.  Even if they are so minor it's embarrassing to share it.  The purpose of this will be to remain mindful of the challenge and the ultimate goal.  It's easy to forget about the challenge if I'm not holding myself accountable every day in the thread.  Sorry in advance for the post spam, but I NEED to keep this challenge at the front of my mind at all times!

As far as WHAT the heck I will post every day about, since my actual challenge goals are sparse... it is going to be my way to celebrate small victories.  Getting to work at a reasonable time, making a good choice for a meal, doing an extra workout.  Basically any positive step that gets me closer to being a better me, but free from the consequence of "failing" if I don't do one specific thing x number of times.

consistencydemotivator.jpg

CREATIVITY
Still working on Bekah's Brites.  I did not finish the blue one last challenge and I feel terribly about that!  I have made some progress though and will continue to do so.  Being creative is important to me, so I am going to keep this in my challenges until it is a habit.

• Finish the current Brite
  • Finish a second Brite
  • Extra Credit: Work on other projects that have already been started but not yet completed.

joss-whedon-write-it-quote.jpg?w=600

• Like 2

(______ <\-/> ______)     Faille | Level 3 Elf Ranger/Druid

/_.-=-.\| " |/.-=-._\     [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx78%--]
    /_   \(o_o)/    _\      STR 4.75 | DEX 7.75 | STA 8.75 | CON 11.5 | WIS 15.25 | CHA 8.75
     /_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
Current Challenge | #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
        /((( )))\           My Battle Log
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

Whole 30 Progress - Complete!!  1/5/2015 - 2/3/2015 -  Meal Plan

Comic Con Countdown - Goal 155 lbs, 7 to go
0%
0%

Ready?  Set?  GO!

ready-set-go-cat.gif

• Like 1
Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

LOL I love you guys... four words and 3 responses!  Doing a lot of thinking about how I want to structure this challenge for SUCCESS.  So I'll be making updates to my first post between today and Wednesday (since that's the official (in my head at least?) last day to start our threads)

• Like 1

/_   \(o_o)/    _\      STR 4.75 | DEX 7.75 | STA 8.75 | CON 11.5 | WIS 15.25 | CHA 8.75
     /_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Day 1

Completed my scheduled workout.  This was my first spin class with my new Fitbit Charge HR and it was neat to be able to track my heartrate.  I'm not sure if it was as accurate as a chest band, but it is a LOT more convenient.   According to the bike, I burned 567 calories and went 15.8 miles in 46:26 minutes!

I also finished my challenge goals and am going to find pictures to pretty it up a little right now!

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Also, can a mod please change my thread name?  Didn't realize I couldn't change it myself (or I don't see the option to!)

Faille.  Lather.  Rinse.  Repeat.

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Day 2

Good things: I wanted Taco Bell for dinner but I came home and had a salad with chicken instead, I almost forgot to write my update, but logged on with my phone to do it anyway, and my friend lent me his label maker so I can LABEL ALL THE THINGS!

• Like 2

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Day 3

Oh snap! Forgot to post last night because I got carried away with my label maker. Started labeling my spices, AND finished my taxes! Overall a Good day.

3ace28f2a79ced789a2ec0543c6fb8f0.jpg53c21a565abf359fad6eca825c9b0fec.jpg

• Like 5

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Now I am inspired to label things.

• Like 1

Level 2 Human Druid

3.375 STR / 1.375 DEX / 0 STA / 2 CON / 3.75 WIS / 1 CHA

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was within me an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Introduction - Daily Battle Log - Challenges 1 - Current

Deepdarkgreen, it really got out of control, in the best way possible!

Day 4

Nothing too exciting to report.  During a break in my wow raid I did some planks and knee pushups instead of just sitting around.  We ended early so I'm going to play a game of Heroes of the Storm (i'm totally a blizzard girl), and then I think i'll pay a medical bill I've been forgetting to pay (scratch that, the site is down for maintenance), and go to bed early!

• Like 1

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Day 5

• Was responsible(ish) at happy hour and came home at a decent time so I can do my hike tomorrow
  • Paid my medical bill tonight now that the site is up
  • Charged my fitbit so I can use it tonight to track sleep and tomorrow on the walk
  • Remembered to bring my water bottle to work so I finally drank some water this week
  • Like 2

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Day 6

• Completed a walk with my dogs as planned for my Saturday workout
  • Cleaned BOTH bathrooms including scrubbing the toilet rings off with drywall screens (PRO TIP - IT WORKS AWESOME),so that was like an extra workout in itself!
  • Like 1

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Also, can a mod please change my thread name? Didn't realize I couldn't change it myself (or I don't see the option to!)

Faille. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

click on "edit" in your very first post...you can edit your thread title and add tags then.
  • Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

click on "edit" in your very first post...you can edit your thread title and add tags then.

TY!  I had tried that before, but didn't click the "full editor" button so the option wasn't there.  Changed now!!

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Day 7

- did a bonus workout today .. Doggy boot camp. SO glad I went. It was an actual workout compared to my walks which are more for my black dog's benefit. He was a little nervous at first but by the end he was going over the a-frame and even attempted the taller hurdle :)

- worked on the Blue Brite! Trying to figure out the instructions for the foot... This one is harder than rainbow.

- my coworker came by and dropped a costume off for alterations and I will be making a belt and gauntlets for his Captain America costume. Maybe this can become a side job for me.

(The colors aren't very accurate here)

07a1f3e95257af2bc8d47092c698c048.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Day 8

• Completed my spin class.  Really wasn't feeling it today, but I did it!
  • Can't think of anything else right now :^P Edit:  I drank over 100 oz of water today!
  • Like 2

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Day 9

- drank 100 oz again

- worked a little in my uncles website that I am helping him with

• Like 1

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Day 10

- I have posted every day so far, even if it wasn't until the next morning

- my skin is starting to look better because I've been washing my face every night, using my cream meds, and barely picking at my blemishes. It would be better if I went back on spiro and/or went back to full paleo, but I'm trying to stay off too many meds.

- not related to me, but my friend had her iPad returned by an airline months after she lost it! Who knew you could actually get that kind of thing back? Turns out it was engraved so she was able to identify it as hers

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Yay for consistency! He looks AMAZING :D

I'm glad your skin is clearing up too. Its not something I have ever really dealt with in any real way, but I spaz over one zit and pick and freak out and it becomes like this monster, so I can only imagine how consistenly unclear skin must be, not to mention how uncomfortable...so YAY! its getting better :)

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Day 11

• Purchased fabric for my friend's Captain America gaunts and belt
  • Tomorrow's Friday!

Confession: My eating has been TERRIBLE lately. Like.. buying a box of Hostess Cupcakes and secretly eating them, taco bell multiple times a week, stopping for fast food breakfast and getting a coke terrible.  I know some of the reasons behind it, which I'm not quite ready to talk about on the forums, but it's so hard to stop.  I never really thought of the way I eat as a disorder or that I had any sort of binging problem before but maybe I do?  Or it has turned into that slowly as I've gone from the twig in high school that could "eat anything" to a person that really can't do that anymore.  This weekend I am going to FORCE myself to do some freezer cooking so I have better options to choose from.

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Yay for consistency! He looks AMAZING :D

I'm glad your skin is clearing up too. Its not something I have ever really dealt with in any real way, but I spaz over one zit and pick and freak out and it becomes like this monster, so I can only imagine how consistenly unclear skin must be, not to mention how uncomfortable...so YAY! its getting better :)

My skin has been a constant battle for me.  I was on birth control for years and my skin was pretty ok, especially as an adult.  Then I had a freak accident with my dog that resulted in me getting a clot in my leg (superficial instead of DVT), and my doc made me stop the BCP.  Since then it's been a crap shoot.  I'm 90% sure 90% of it is hormonal acne, which makes it hard to control without bc.  I was on Spironolactone but that's an anti-androgen and the only anti i'd rather be on is my anti-depressant!  All that plus my picking compulsion makes for some 33 going on 13 moments.

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Having convenient, delicious food in the freezer does usually help me, especially when I'm stressed. Otherwise it's too tempting to give up and get the fast food products.

Good luck!

Level 2 Human Druid

3.375 STR / 1.375 DEX / 0 STA / 2 CON / 3.75 WIS / 1 CHA

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was within me an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Introduction - Daily Battle Log - Challenges 1 - Current

*hugs*

I started telling myself that the food at those places and cupcakes and all that ALWAYS taste better in my imagination than in reality, and that I want the comfort not the food, and the mental pep talk kinda helps. But if its really a true ED behavior, then maybe something like OA could be beneficial? They have online meetings. I got a lot out of them when I went (they have meetings for Anorexia/Bulimia too). It's hard but for me, once I got to the why underneath of my eating, it got easier to work through! PM me if you need/want to, ok? :wub:

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn