Faille. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

faille

I have been dealing with random break-outs and raw red irritated cheeks for the past year years... adult onset rosacea I think. Diet is a BIG factor for my skin. I listened to a few interviews by Dr. Suzanne Bennett, like this one, below. I didn't buy her book but I did buy some eye cream that was really good but expensive, $99 (right now I use some liquid vitamin D3 that is cheap and works well). I changed my diet and looked for things that bother my skin, like nuts and yogurt, and I have used activated charcoal to clear out insides.

My skin is much better and I can tell within 15 minutes if I ate something wrong because my skin reacts and lets me know. I hope this is helpful, skin is so important and when your skin is in good shape, you feel good, too!

https://www.bulletproofexec.com/103-hacking-into-skin-with-dr-susanne-bennett-podcast/

• Like 1

Thank you both, I will check those out! I gotta get something I control in the diet/skin arena, sometimes it feels like I am going the opposite direction from everyone in the forums, yaknow?

Oops and I missed a day!

Day 11

- Not a lot to report, but had a nice relaxing evening

Day 12

- even though it was raining, I went on my dog walk this morning! It was a really nice hike and we went to a part I haven't been to yet.

- off now to celebrate a friend's birthday !

Sorry for the size, still figuring it taps talk, but here's my crazy dog on the trail :)

31ab776ebd883c4d1bd3e2111938e1a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

(______ <\-/> ______)     Faille | Level 3 Elf Ranger/Druid

/_.-=-.\| " |/.-=-._\     [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx78%--]
    /_   \(o_o)/    _\      STR 4.75 | DEX 7.75 | STA 8.75 | CON 11.5 | WIS 15.25 | CHA 8.75
     /_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
Current Challenge | #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
        /((( )))\           My Battle Log
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

Whole 30 Progress - Complete!!  1/5/2015 - 2/3/2015 -  Meal Plan

Comic Con Countdown - Goal 155 lbs, 7 to go
0%
0%

He is sweet most of the time. Until another dog gets in his bizniss then he's like nope! The dog classes I've been taking are helping him though.

Day 13

- I cooked most of the freezer meals! I sure hope they taste good because I have a lot of them :) it is 10 meals made 2 times, and supposedly each meal serves four.. So this is a lot of food!

- Not on the schedule, but I did the dog boot camp class again

- Ordered a bunch of face stuff to hopefully get that under control. Since I want to have clear skin by beginning of July, if I don't see some kind of improvement in the next couple weeks I will have to bite the bullet and go back on spiro/ back to the derm.

- Did a load of laundry so I'll have clean clothes for work tomorrow. I'm now up to three loads of clean laundry in various piles. Maybe I'll work on putting them away this week!

3fd054f441c70f57d8860169dbbdafa7.jpg

• Like 2

/_   \(o_o)/    _\      STR 4.75 | DEX 7.75 | STA 8.75 | CON 11.5 | WIS 15.25 | CHA 8.75
     /_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

wow thats one hell of an accomplishment! ^5!!! Let me know how the food works out!

And I hear you about going backwards vs everyone else, but I think we all think that sometimes, just do the best you can everyday and it will be forward regardless :)

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Omg omg omg this is going to be me in 15 minutes (THE SILKS) 20 seconds of courage and my Fitn membership and the latest NF success lady (Maria?) = me doing something totally new!!!

cb59e4fecddf3cdd9a86d3e2d507defa.jpg

• Like 3

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Day 15

- I WENT TO AN AERIAL SILK CLASS AND IT WAS AWESOME. I am terrible and I cannot pull myself up by my arms but I'm hoping maybe I found something that will inspire me to learn to do things like pull ups because it will give me a functional skill! Yayayayyayayayaa

Here is me being not so graceful. This was the only move I could do during the class because once I flipped over my booty did all the work :)

bc8115f3b4d62412fb69882f3977b02a.jpg

• Like 5

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Aerial acrobatics? Holy shit, that's awesome.

Day 10
- my skin is starting to look better because I've been washing my face every night, using my cream meds, and barely picking at my blemishes. It would be better if I went back on spiro and/or went back to full paleo, but I'm trying to stay off too many meds.

How do you do the thing where you don't pick? HOW? I must know D:

Aerial acrobatics? Holy shit, that's awesome.

How do you do the thing where you don't pick? HOW? I must know D:

.. Vanity :(  I'm so tired of going to work with these huge lesion scab dry skin bullshit things on my face that I can't cover with makeup.  Also, Comic Con is coming up and I don't want to be gross for that.  Over the last couple weeks I have bought basically anything I've read about that might help.  But picking is like this totally satisfying compulsion... if there is even the tiniest bump on my skin I feel like if I could JUST GET WHATEVER IS INSIDE OUT then it will all be ok.  Of course, that's not reality and we know it just gets red and swollen and infected.. but that still doesn't stop me. So for the next few months I'm going to use vanity as my reason.  You seem to do well with using cosplay to help your goals, so maybe you can do that too?  Would Balem pick his face?  

Day 16

- Sore from yesterday's class.  Even though I couldn't even hold myself up on the silks with just my arms, I discovered muscles I didn't even know existed!  So I took it easy tonight

- Yesterday we finished the freezer cooking prep, and today we had the Taco Soup.  It was pretty delicious for how simple it was!  

- Tomorrow I should find my receipts and see how much it actually cost to prep the meals.  It was supposed to be $160 ish for 20 meals of 3-4 servings each, so we'll see !

• Like 1

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

.. Vanity :(  I'm so tired of going to work with these huge lesion scab dry skin bullshit things on my face that I can't cover with makeup.  Also, Comic Con is coming up and I don't want to be gross for that.  Over the last couple weeks I have bought basically anything I've read about that might help.  But picking is like this totally satisfying compulsion... if there is even the tiniest bump on my skin I feel like if I could JUST GET WHATEVER IS INSIDE OUT then it will all be ok.  Of course, that's not reality and we know it just gets red and swollen and infected.. but that still doesn't stop me. So for the next few months I'm going to use vanity as my reason.  You seem to do well with using cosplay to help your goals, so maybe you can do that too?  Would Balem pick his face?  

Aaaah, kk. I've tried using vanity before, and I'm trying again now. Glad to know I'm on the right path!

I can usually manage to keep the picking to a minimum for a few days, but eventually my willpower just runs out and then intense face-picking happens. The face that work is so freaking busy these days also means that my hands don't have too much time to go up to my face. Yay? But...urgh. As soon as there's any idle time, then *pick pick pick*.

And no, Balem (or any self-respecting space lord) would not pick his face ;P Maybe I can invest in epic rings that go on the tips of my fingers or something.

There's probably some underlying psychological cause for the face-picking though, I just have no freaking clue what it is. There's a web site I found the other day called stoppickingonme.com that I will probably check out later.

Day 17

- Ate leftovers from yesterday for dinner

- Going to go do some kind of upper body thing.  Probably just hang from my pullup bar and imagine one day being able to pull myself up

- Tomorrow I have an 8am meeting so I guess I'll be posting tomorrow about how I actually got to work at a decent time

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Day 18 (1 day late)

* forgot to post

* ate like crap

* picked my face

* mostly made it to work on time

* tomorrow's a new day

Day 19

* Going to see the Avengers tonight!  Yay!

* Signed up for my weekend classes: Dog Walk, Dog Boot Camp, Aerial Silks

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Day 20

* Guess I needed sleep.  

* Woke up and took Dyson to the dog walk at Chollas Lake.  This is the first time we'd been there, and it is a really nice community park with a lake in the center.  One of the great things about this class is I'm learning all about different nature trails and spots in San Diego county.

* Then I got home, played a few games of Heroes of the Storm, then took a 5 hour nap!  Then went back to bed at like 10pm and slept until 7. Napping in the middle of the day is one of my favorite pastimes, but usually I only sleep from 1-3 hours before I am ready to get up.   I think I only woke up this time because I was hungry from not eating all day.  

* Since I didn't get anything done on Saturday, today needs to be super productive!

• Like 1

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Dude I am so far behind!!! You went to an aerial silks class!!!!!!!!!! THATS FUCKING AWESOME!!!

and is there something you can substitute for picking your face? Some other compulsive behavior that can compensate and still feel better?

And sleep is fabulous!!

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Blizzard games and aerial silks! You're my flippin' hero. <3

I have a very similar bad habit when it comes to food: Go to pick up a prescription and get one of those 4 packs of Russell Stover's, drive past McD's or Taco Bell on the way home and decide I give no fucks, or in one particularly embarrassing stint eat the rest of the ice cream my boyfriend and I made as he was waiting for me to pass the cup back to him. You are not alone on this. Even without sharing your reasons, you're not alone. *hugs*

• Like 1

~*~ WanderingLiz ~*~

(no longer wandering off the path of health) 

Current Challenge:  | Previous Challenges: Finding Peace of MindChaos Maintenance!

Day 21

• Did my boot camp class with Dyson.  They had an agility tunnel thing there, looks like one of those collapsible hampers but a long tube.  Dyson was having none of it and freaked out everytime I brought him near.  So I have a nice claw mark on my arm in thanks (he would jump up on me and start yelping in a high pitch.. MUCH too high for his size!)  So I tell people who ask that I've been velociraptor'd.  Silly moose.
  • Actually stayed awake all day
  • Put away some laundry and did another load
  • LAID OUT my clothes for the next day for maybe the first time ever.  That was actually very useful for the morning and I should probably do that more often
  • Made some good progress on the Blue Brite.  He has TWO legs now and I'm down to final embellishments  :panda:

Day 22

• Did not go get froyo like I wanted to at lunch
  • Went to my SECOND aerial silks class.  Still terrible, even with my attempts at upper body conditioning last week.  I still want to stick with it and see what kind of improvements I can make.  It seems so much more useful to be able to say "I want to be able to climb to the top of these silks" than it does to say "I want to be able to do a push up".  So, I'm gonna go with it.
  • Had our second freezer meal tonight - beef stew. Yummy but not very filling.  Need to plan ahead a little bit for fillers (sweet potato, piece of fruit, extra veggies, etc)
  • We're halfway through this challenge, woohoO!

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Dude I am so far behind!!! You went to an aerial silks class!!!!!!!!!! THATS FUCKING AWESOME!!!

and is there something you can substitute for picking your face? Some other compulsive behavior that can compensate and still feel better?

And sleep is fabulous!!

Honestly sleeping is one of my favorite things.  Hmmm replacing one compulsion with another... I think I might be doing that a little bit with all the facial things I've bought in desperation.  So I have a facewash, a lotion, a topical, these little acne patch thingies.. all sorts of crap to do to my face.  It is helping a little in that by the time I'm done with all that I feel like picking on top would be overkill.  My skin is clearing up a little right now, but it's also that point in my cycle where my skin likes to say "There There, it will all be ok" before it punches me in the face and says "HAHA JUST KIDDING"

Blizzard games and aerial silks! You're my flippin' hero. <3

I have a very similar bad habit when it comes to food: Go to pick up a prescription and get one of those 4 packs of Russell Stover's, drive past McD's or Taco Bell on the way home and decide I give no fucks, or in one particularly embarrassing stint eat the rest of the ice cream my boyfriend and I made as he was waiting for me to pass the cup back to him. You are not alone on this. Even without sharing your reasons, you're not alone. *hugs*

Blizzard... the company I love to hate.  The only IP of theirs I haven't really gotten into is Starcraft or Hearthstone.  Really curious about their FPS that they are developing.

Glad to know I'm not alone.  It helps just to put it out there, I find.  I hear you on the prescription/food thing.  For some reason Walgreens always makes me want Hotpockets (said in Jim Gaffigan voice)  The struggle is real!

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Uh oh, my lazy "i'll post yesterday today" caught up with me and I'm a few days behind now!  These are my off days where not a lot happens so it's easy to forget.  Let's see...

Day 23

• Um nothing positive happened today I don't think.  Pretty sure this is the day I had froyo and a frappucino.  oh well.

Day 24

• Since the silks class is highlighting how abysmal my core and upper body fitness is, I used this instructable I found to make a TRX rig to try to work up to pushups by doing inverted rows.  Who knew that I can't even do those!  Like.. I am seriously seriously weak.  But, now I have all the tools I need and none of the excuses, so no where to go but up from here!

Day 25

• Used my 20 seconds of courage to go to a mixer downtown hosted by my webhost(?)  I found it kind of strange that they were doing this, but offer free food and drinks and I'm in.  Originally my bf was going to come with, but he had a nerd thing to do at the nerd store (founding member of an x-wing league and it was their first night).  Normally I would use that as an excuse not to go, but this time I invited a friend to go instead!  So we went down there and it was a lot of fun.  Took an uber down and he picked us up after.  Had too much to drink, made some new friends strangely enough, and passed out happy :)  Hardly a hangover today, too :)  Its nice to know I can be social when I choose, but definitely looking forward to downtime this weekend.
  • Like 1

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Day 26

• Low key day after a crazy thursday night.  Ran some errands with the bf and split a pizza at this yummy place that makes it for you in 2 minutes.

Day 27

• Did not do my walk, but that is because I really needed to sleep in.  Instead I did my bootcamp on Sunday
  • Kind of putzed around the house today, did some laundry, cleaned some piles, played some games.  Nice day overall.

Day 28

• Did bootcamp with Dyson.  He is starting to show some progress with other dogs!  The ones he sees almost every week he is interested in sniffing now, and he can go nose to nose with them for a few seconds without getting all surly.  It's nice to see the work pay off!
  • Heading over to the bf's mom's house for mother's day in a few minutes

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ALL

• Like 2

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Day 29

• Had my third silks class tonight.  I finally made some visible progress!  
    • There was a new move she taught that I was able to do, getting up from a straddle to sitting in the silk like a swing when it is in a slip knot.  
    • I was also able to do this move I hadn't been able to do yet where you wrap the silks around your wrists, then kinda kick up into a shoulderstand?  Here's a pic (not me).  It wasn't pretty, but I got UP.  Last two weeks I would just kinda try to fling my right leg up and I would just flop down onto the mat again.  That was super empowering to at least be able to get up and support myself
    • The other thing I was able to do that I couldn't do before, was get OFF the ground for a "pretty climb".  I still don't have the strength to hold onto the silks, pull my knees to my chest, and rewrap my legs to actually CLIMB.  But I was able to wrap my leg, stand on my foot and push up so I was off the ground.  I'll take any small win!
  • On the way home from that, I got pulled over... boo!  But luckily it was just a warning that my brake light was out.
  • I shattered my iphone screen this morning.  DOUBLE BOO.  After searching for how to replace it/cost, I just decided to get it replaced at the apple store.  Apparently it is "only" $100, which is what I thought I would have to pay a fixit place anyway.  
  • Like 1

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Day 30

• Did Piyo: Define Upper Body workout tonight after raids.  I found a website that creates "hybrid" schedules for all the beachbody programs you say you have.  So instead of just randomly picking one, I used that and planned out the next two months before comic con.  Everytime I feel like doing one I know exactly which video to stick in!  Ideally I would do this every day until con, so that I look my best and also to be stronger for silks class.  But just HAVING the plan is a great step.
  • Sunday I decided to go back on the spironolactone for my skin.  I'm willing to try again with food, but I just don't have the time or discipline to deal with it right now.  My skin sometimes seems ok, then gets worse.  And my chest/back aren't clear and while I'm willing to slather a number of things on my face the thought of needing to do it on my entire body is kind of crazy making.  So I'll do the spiro for 2 months, and then decide what I want to do longterm.  Still going to keep up with the Glytone face wash and lotion+sulfur topical in the morning.
  • Like 1

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%

Day 31 (omg a month in really???)

- did Piyo: Buns tonight

- redid the knots on my little trx rig I made so they wouldn't slip. Think it is called a bowline knot? Then tried to do an inverted row. Not really happening still, but I'll get there!

- which reminds me, I got up into wheel during warmup at silks on Monday. At least I think it was wheel.. They told us to do it, and I didn't really think about it and suddenly I was there! I remember that seeming impossible during other yoga tapes I've done, so all my on-off yoga has paid off!

• Like 1

/_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

0%
0%