• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hazard

[Level 1 Recruits] **** Assassin Initiates **** (Chat/Q&A)

Welcome future Assassins!

AssassinTeam_zpsabb667ab.png

The Assassin Ambassadors & Assassin Guild Leaders will be checking in on this thread regularly!!

In other words, this is great place to get our attention and ask us questions.

This is also a place to chat!

A place for you - Recruits who are thinking about becoming Assassins - to gather and get to know each other. Come in and make some friends among those you might be calling Guildmates in 6 weeks!

Subscribe to this thread by clicking the "Follow This Topic" button in the upper right hand corner of the page.

Who are we Assassins?

We're a little bit nuts

tumblr_inline_mokox2TneA1qz4rgp.gif

But we get the job done

summerglau23.png

By whatever means we feel like

tumblr_msmzbqATHR1s714dzo1_500.gif

And you can join us!

cQRP1Jy.png

Let's start things off with a question for you:

Who is your favorite fictional Assassin?

(pictures encouraged!)

Are you a Jason Bourne fan?

JasonBourne_zps531bd3d4.png

Inspired by Beatrix Kiddo?

KillBill_zpsc2a14d70.png

In awe of the nameless Hero?

jetlihero_zpscce48b76.png

Cheering for Mindy McCready?

Hitgirl_zpsacdf7bf2.png

Remember as you think of your answer, "Assassin" is a big concept!

It encompasses assassins, ninjas, climbers, gymnasts, traceurs, dancers, circus, and much more!

• Like 3

Greetings and salutations! I really want to focus on nutritional health as a part of my journey to awesomeness, but I am a belly, tap, liturgical, and Armenian dancer, as well as a tracuse... So my guild is pretty much set for me, huh? ;D

I'm on my phone and can't get a picture just now, but my favorite assassin is Dr. Horrible. Yes, he didn't mean to, but he still did and his story tells so much about the human condition I can't even st and it.

*Go pholosophic geekery!*

• Like 5

Hey, I am brand new here, this is my first post (I hope I am doing it correctly), and I am posting in this place specifically because my hopes are to eventually want to become an assassin.

Right now, I am in my second semester of college. The Freshman 15 thing is a myth and the Freshman 30 is more accurate. My main quest is to get back in shape and to gain some slightly toned muscles in the process. In order to do this, I want to (1) start eating cleaner and healthier, (2) develop workout habits that will stick and get me on my way towards shedding these extra pounds, and (3) find a way to avoid running or learn to love it.

I have had problems in the past with keeping myself motivated to workout and eat right because the alternative is so much more convenient when its what you are used to doing. I thought making an account and participating in forums (something I have never done in the past) would make me keep at my goals. I need that extra push and need those extra supporters to get at me when I start to slack off.

Also,  My all-time favorite Assassin would have to be Ezio Auditore. There might be a correlation to the fact that the Assassin's Creed series is sitting at the top of my "Greatest Video Games Storylines of all time" list.

tumblr_mzjrypTtb51shxfmvo1_500.gif

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read. I hope I posted in the correct place. xD
  • Like 4

Yeah... I'd really have to say Ezio as well, considering my main assassin-y passion is climbing things.  Although being a badass is also a lifelong dream of mine, so Black Widow and Hit Girl are definitely up there.

• Like 4

Hi everyone! I've just started out my first challenge as a recruit, but I'm hoping by the end of the 6 weeks to be joining up here. I'm trying again to make my health more of a priority in my life and focusing on physical activity that I actually like doing... which includes belly dancing. I've taken one trapeze class as part of a groupon deal and LOVED it so much that I've been searching for a class in my city. I've found one. : DD But I may try my hand at aerial silks first! While I'm not flexible just yet, I do admire circus arts and find them exhilarating.

As for assassins... James Bond and Sebastian Moran.

• Like 4

Hi fellow aspiring Assassins!

Slight setback in my challenge, and it's only 2 days into Week 1!

Was all set for my first personal training appointment at lunchtime. Had gone to a fair bit of trouble to swap shifts with my colleagues at work to make time for this session. I turned up, I waited. And waited. Then realised I'd left my mobile phone in the car, so I went back down to the carpark and called my PT. He had a different time written down for my session than the one he told me and was on the other side of town! No more sessions available this week. Got back to work feeling kinda stressed out and annoyed that I didn't have time left to even go for a walk before I had to go back to work. *sigh*

I am resolved to subject myself to an intense HIIT session when I get home to make up for a wasted lunchtime spent standing around!

Favourite assassins? Definitely River Tam (and Jayne Cobb for that matter). Firefly is my favourite sci fi TV show of all time, and I was chuffed to bits to see her quoted above. Jason Bourne, Jaqan H'ghar and Thomas Cale (Left Hand of God) are up there too.

I've taken one trapeze class as part of a groupon deal and LOVED it so much that I've been searching for a class in my city. I've found one. : DD But I may try my hand at aerial silks first! While I'm not flexible just yet, I do admire circus arts and find them exhilarating

Hi Positively Puzzled,

I used to do flying trapeze and adored it! I've been trying to find a circus arts place near where I live now, but the nearest one is 3 hours' drive away! I am going to try and find a way to make it to the occasional class.

Best wishes to everyone for their first 6 week challenge!

• Like 4

Hi team!  I am not sure if I am really assassin material -- when I joined I was thinking of myself as a potential ranger, but I ended up with an assassin tag, so now I'm not quite sure....  I've been running casually for a few years but want to improve my strength and flexibility.  This challenge my goals are increased number of push-ups, a 5x weekly regular bodyweight/running schedule, and minimizing calories from booze... In the next year I hope to participate in taiko drumming classes, ballroom dance, and (hopefully???) my first marathon.  Can someone with more experience on the boards tell me if those goals better suited to assassin or ranger?

• Like 5

Future wannabe assassin reporting. I am working on strength and stamina right now. Desperately in need of working on the upper body strength, because my arms are about as strong as wet spaghetti. I have aspirations to do some extremely basic parkour sometime in the future, but I fear it would just end up looking like Michael Scott doing parkour on 'The Office'.

• Like 6

c4tw143.gif 

Winter's child reports for duty! One of many favourites of mine has to be the Winter Soldier.

Hiya lot! I'm currently on my first challenge which is really exciting and I'm sure I want to join the assassins when I'm done. All of my interests fall into this category - I've been dancing ballet for some time and I want to focus on my general strength and flexibility. 

Main goal right now is to finally manage the splits. I'd love to try out things like parcour and martial arts some time.

• Like 4

To be honest, I didn't really have a positive impression of parkour previously.  Over the past few days though, I've been poking around the assassin forums and watching a few videos, and I'm now much more intrigued.  I think when it's true to the definitions that I've read, that it is meant to be efficient, it's really awesome.  I think some of the videos I've seen though were over the top just to be over the top.  Someone linked to this post: the-definitive-guide-to-parkour-for-beginners in their challenge, and I really like the Austrailian team video.  There is actually a parkour gym near-ish my house... so maybe this will be a future challenge for me. :)

• Like 2

To be honest, I didn't really have a positive impression of parkour previously. Over the past few days though, I've been poking around the assassin forums and watching a few videos, and I'm now much more intrigued. I think when it's true to the definitions that I've read, that it is meant to be efficient, it's really awesome.

Find a spot where you can envision things as being obstacles (natural and/or human-made) that can be overcome. Pick a starting spot. Run through the obstacles, doing them in whatever way seems best to you. It's even better if you can set it up such that you finish at the spot you started. Then run the circuit again, and try to do it just a little faster. Then do it again, trying to be just a little faster again.

That's Parkour at its absolute most basic foundation.

It's pretty much synonymous with running an obstacle course. Parkour is even just an intentional misspelling of the French parcours, which translates as "course".

-

• Like 2

Can someone with more experience on the boards tell me if those goals better suited to assassin or ranger?

I took a look through your posts.

I'd peg you as either Assassin or Scout.

The Scouts can help you acheive that marathon goal, if you think you really need the help and support to become a better distance runner. But it sounds like your running is a pre-established habit.

In the Assassin guild, we can give you the help, encouragement, and support you'll need to progress through, and beyond, the NF Bodyweight workout, we can certainly help you with your pushups, and most of NF's dancers are Assassins.

-

• Like 1

Find a spot where you can envision things as being obstacles (natural and/or human-made) that can be overcome. Pick a starting spot. Run through the obstacles, doing them in whatever way seems best to you. It's even better if you can set it up such that you finish at the spot you started. Then run the circuit again, and try to do it just a little faster. Then do it again, trying to be just a little faster again.

That's Parkour at its absolute most basic foundation.

It's pretty much synonymous with running an obstacle course. Parkour is even just an intentional misspelling of the French parcours, which translates as "course".

-

That's a great tip, thanks!  I think I need to do some more body weight stuff before I can do anything like that super well, but doing it now for practice would at least get me in the mindset of looking for routes and would help me push myself.

• Like 3

I took a look through your posts.

I'd peg you as either Assassin or Scout.

The Scouts can help you acheive that marathon goal, if you think you really need the help and support to become a better distance runner. But it sounds like your running is a pre-established habit.

In the Assassin guild, we can give you the help, encouragement, and support you'll need to progress through, and beyond, the NF Bodyweight workout, we can certainly help you with your pushups, and most of NF's dancers are Assassins.

Thank you!! This is exactly what I wanted to know.  You're right, I have been running for a few years -- I'm not really looking to change or mess with my running habits at present, and while I enjoy running I'm not super hardcore about it.  The marathon is a bucket list goal while I'm living in the UK next year, but the London marathon is super tough to get into so I'm not sure that will happen.  Maybe I'll do a scout challenge when I'm closer to that.  

I have to say, there's a ton of assassin info on the board, you guys have your stuff down!!

That said, I have to go for the obvious role models:

Natttttt.gif

Nat, with a healthy side of Miss Phryne Fisher!

miss-fisher-ep-2x12.jpg

• Like 2

Hey guys

This look an awesome place to be. I've been massively caught with the bodyweight bug over the last six months or so and I'm actually keen to start some parkour which is something I've been contemplating for years.

I'll be going with Mr Bourne as my favorite assassin (nothing to do with watching the Bourne Identity last night :P )

• Like 3

Hey, I got waved over here and wanted to say hi.

My favorite assassin?

kku0hGo.jpg

Lady Shiva.

I love bodyweight workouts and want to get into parkour. I also rock climb whenever I have the chance. Looking forward to getting to know everyone  :tranquillity:

• Like 2

Hi everyone! I'm AJ, I'm 18 and I'm from the East Coast. Not totally sure if I'm assassin-material or if I'm really leaning toward any particular group just yet, but here I am for now! I sorta have a very inclusive goal of wanting to get healthier and stronger just in general. I'd like to be able to start lifting weights by the end of the year, and at some point I'd like to be able to run a 5K like the Color Run with my sister. I love to cook, so I'm really excited to start cooking more at home as a sort of way to be healthier and also to learn how to cook healthier stuff.

My favorite assassin, hands-down, of all time, is Deadpool. I cosplay Deadpool, I read the Deadpool comics, I'm basically championing the Deadpool movie, he's definitely first in my book. 

So, yeah, that's me! :)

• Like 3

Hi everyone. After a successful week one of the 6-weeks-challenge I thought it would be time to drop in and say hello. Right now I really enjoy the bodyweight workouts. Parcour always looked awesome, and I'd like to try, but I doubt that my back can take the shock of all the jumps. But I will try anyway as soon as I have some reasonable core strength that can support my back.

Some of my favorite assassins have been mentioned here already (Ezio Auditore, Jason Bourne, Jaqan H'ghar). But to bring some more diversity into it, I will go with this guy:

image005.jpg

Jubei Kibagami from Ninja Scroll

• Like 1