Artistic and Creative Accountability

Hey look a new challenge!

Here we are again, another challenge, another super awesome thread devoted to the pursuit of art.

For returning members welcome back, bet you thought I forgot to make the thread huh?

For new members welcome, please make yourself at home. This thread is about sharing our artistic goals, and encouraging each other. You can join at any point during the challenge. The first day to the last. There is no skill requirement, and all arts are welcome.

We have had writers, musicians, and more! So feel free to share what your working on!

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Currently Posting in -->Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] 

I want to finish some art related things for university in the next 14 weeks. And sometimes I need a little push to keep drawing.

My list:

- a portfolio about my photographs. I'm working on some digital art with pine cones.

- a portfolio for a gamification class, were I created my own board game. I still have to design a lot of cards.

- a portfolio about all the exhibitions I visited...

- in my semester break I tried to push myself to draw more with a 10 minute a day drawing challenge... Didn't work out.

- Etc.

Oh, man. I'm getting overhelmed again. I have a hard time finishing what I started.

• Like 3

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Hurray for the arts and the art-making people!! Here's to a great new challenge, everyone :)

• Like 1

Lvl 3 Wood Elf Adventurer

STR 9.25 || DEX 5 || STA 3 || CON 9.75 || WIS 12.75 || CHA 2

Challenges: Current || #1 || #2 || #3 || Artistic & Creative Accountability || Etsy Shop

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. --The Fox in The Little Prince

Walk to Mordor // 116 out of 1779 miles

Hi! It's great to meet other creative "artsy fartsy" people. :)

My main creative goal for this challenge is to crochet a hooded cape that would be in the general style of Red from "Once Upon A Time." It won't be exactly like that because it'll be crocheted instead of made in the way that one was, but it'll be red & long. I have a pattern for one without a hood, but I have a lot of friends who crochet, & they'll help me figure out how to get the hood on there so that it looks like it was designed that way. I need a creative challenge like this, & it'll be cool to work on something like this. I've been wanting to make it for a long time, & so this'll be an incentive for me I've never made something so large, & so that's another reason that I want to do this.

Aside from crochet, I'm also a musician (piano, although I don't have access to one right now, sadly; guitar; flute; singing) & a writer (stories; I've written two as-of-yet unpublished novels) & a photographer. With my photography, I do photograph in realistic ways so that people can see exactly what I'm capturing, but I also love to play around with angles & other stuff that puts a more creative spin on things. I also love to mess around with photo editing to see what else I can do with my pictures.

Yarn-wise, I also do loom knitting & very basic knitting, but crochet is my passion. I'm experimenting with freeform crochet & my own designs. Lots of fun! :)

• Like 5

Ooh, I've got a creative quest this time! May I join? :)

I always feel like I should be doing better and more creative things then I do, and then wonder why I'm not as good as I'd like to be. So this challenge I want to just put in solid time to work on writing and drawing and hopefully see some improvement in myself. 

I also crochet things and sculpt with polymer clay when the mood takes me. I've just finished crocheting myself some winter gear for the incoming wet weather here. I own a few guitars but don't play them very well. Same goes with painting. xD

• Like 3

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Welcome everybody. If you can it would be awesome if you could share something you have done too!

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Yay!!  Awesome to have another board!  I'm pretty much a strict digital artist, though I am interested in dabbling in some oil paints eventually.  My most recent piece (which I think I posted in the last challenge board) is Ayane from Ayane's High Kick:

ayane_kickboxing_by_artisticallystrange-

I have also few more arts you can find in my past challenges as well; I've been trying to do at least 5 pieces of art per challenge!  It's a bit rough but thankfully I've been keeping it up!

• Like 2

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Mhh i didn't draw the last days. But at least I visited another exhibition on Saturday.

• Like 1

STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

I have some things I've drawn recently but not uploaded. I'll get onto that sometime in the next few days :D

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Hey, this looks like a good place for me, hello :)

I am chiefly a fiction writer, but I also do a sideline of producer with an indie film company, and write an ongoing blog about being trans/transitioning/etc.

Currently got two writey projects on the go. I'm writing a new serial in the little superhero world I set up to have fun in, these go on my blog for anyone to read (fun fact: the superheroes are based on people I know - and Viscura is my own). my only sadness about this is that I can't draw to save my life, else I'd love to make them into actual comic strips. But they seem to be doing ok as they are :tongue:

Also trying to finish writing a book that's been on the slow burner for a couple of years now, but is finally reaching towards an epic ending. Then there'll be epic amounts of editing to do, but I think it'll be my best book yet :)

As far as producing goes...I'm in finance-hunting mode with the rest of the team for a feature film, and heading towards a kickstarter for a new webseries. Our last webseries did pretty well, so we're doing another while we can!

And on the trans blogs front, they're an ongoing project to try and illuminate the existence of trans people, and give me a place to put my thoughts/issues while I go through this stuff.

Looking forward to seeing what all you guys get up to :)

**quick edit - that's part 2 of the superhero story on my blog. Woo!

• Like 4

Viscura
[Cybernetic Warrior
]

Current Challenge

LEVEL: 18
STR: 23 | STA: 25 | CON: 22 | INT: 10 | WIL: 19 | DEX: 1

Stuff I do:
Write stories and talk about being trans
Various filmy/webseriesy things

My friend from university reminded me of the exhibition next week. So hopefully I can show you something on Friday I still want to get ready.

Still wondering what frame to use

Spoiler

Ohhh, I'd love to write a book one day! Part of the reason I'm (attempting to get some done, anyway) writing this challenge; getting into the habit. :D

Stonie

They/Them

This is the latest thing I've drawn - been idly working on it for about a week. 

Vampire Ninja pencil sketch! (spoiler'd because I can't stand teeny pictures)

cRaCNsT.jpg

Here's some other things I've drawen recently that I'm not ashamed of :P

Stonie

They/Them

This is the latest thing I've drawn - been idly working on it for about a week. 

Vampire Ninja pencil sketch! (spoiler'd because I can't stand teeny pictures)

cRaCNsT.jpg

Here's some other things I've drawen recently that I'm not ashamed of :tongue:

Nice arts! I love the jellyfish, and also your signature quote. I actually really needed to read that / the linked article, so thank you!

Also, is there a button for the spoiler, or do you just write in the [ ] text into the post like normal? 

• Like 1

Lvl 3 Wood Elf Adventurer

STR 9.25 || DEX 5 || STA 3 || CON 9.75 || WIS 12.75 || CHA 2

Challenges: Current || #1 || #2 || #3 || Artistic & Creative Accountability || Etsy Shop

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. --The Fox in The Little Prince

Walk to Mordor // 116 out of 1779 miles

Hey guys. I started a 365 day art challenge for myself. Today day 13. I find to be great way to force myself to focus on actually do something. It helps I gave myself a few guidelines for it.

• Like 2

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Nice arts! I love the jellyfish, and also your signature quote. I actually really needed to read that / the linked article, so thank you!

Also, is there a button for the spoiler, or do you just write in the [ ] text into the post like normal? 

There probably is a button, but it's basic html-coding type stuff. Just type ["spoiler"] ["/spoiler"] without the " " and put whatever you don't want to spoil in between the tags. :D

interesting stuff goes here!

Hey guys. I started a 365 day art challenge for myself. Today day 13. I find to be great way to force myself to focus on actually do something. It helps I gave myself a few guidelines for it.

I tried to do one of those once... Did about 3 days and got bored/distracted/depressed/ I don't know. But it stopped happening. Day 13 is awesome, good stuff!

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

I'm not dead! One of my challenges for this cycle is to write the first half or so of The Mercenary's Guide to Sunken St. Louis. I figure about 80,000 words during this challenge, and thus far I'm on track. Now I'll do my usual lurking thing to watch the people who make pretty art. =D

• Like 2

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

Made my first week pretty well. Some of writing went towards a couple of other things, but the bulk went to short story serial and book, so all is well :)

Now to start the week again!

I find it helpful to withhold things till I get my ass in gear. "No playing games till I've done the thing" works surprisingly well...

Viscura
[Cybernetic Warrior
]

Current Challenge

LEVEL: 18
STR: 23 | STA: 25 | CON: 22 | INT: 10 | WIL: 19 | DEX: 1

Stuff I do:
Write stories and talk about being trans
Various filmy/webseriesy things

I forgot to show you you, what I have been doing so far. So I'll do this now.

I once had a deviantArt account, that I haven't updated for some years. But at least you can have a look at some older work. http://katenet87.deviantart.com/

At the Moment I'm studying to become an arts teacher for Primary School. I still have a lot to learn and there have been times, when I haven't drawn something for years. Somehow I lost the fun, when I started studying or I focused more on other subjects and forgot about arts. This is very unusual for me, because I really enjoyed to be creative. I wrote Poems and own Storys. There still is a Fantasy Story I want to rewrite one day. I also want to rewrite my Bachelor Thesis one day for a bigger audience and publish it.

I also liked drawin, painting, collaging and taking pictures with a camera a lot. The last few years a lot of my Hobbies came last and I even stopped reading so much. Since February I'm trying to get some of my Hobbies back. I don't know, if I can start writing again, because I have massive writer's blocks, but I really want to try. And of course I want to draw more things for fun again. In February I started a drawing challenge and failed. But I want to at least draw this 30 pictures in one year. =)

• Like 3

Spoiler

Somehow I lost the fun, when I started studying or I focused more on other subjects and forgot about arts. This is very unusual for me, because I really enjoyed to be creative. I wrote Poems and own Storys. There still is a Fantasy Story I want to rewrite one day. I also want to rewrite my Bachelor Thesis one day for a bigger audience and publish it.

I also liked drawin, painting, collaging and taking pictures with a camera a lot. The last few years a lot of my Hobbies came last and I even stopped reading so much. Since February I'm trying to get some of my Hobbies back. I don't know, if I can start writing again, because I have massive writer's blocks, but I really want to try. And of course I want to draw more things for fun again. In February I started a drawing challenge and failed. But I want to at least draw this 30 pictures in one year. =)

I really resonate with your story.  I had stopped drawing for a very long time, because I was focused on other things, or felt like my art was crap anyways and thus I shouldn't even bother with it anymore.  I've been working hard since last year to get back the fun and joy I felt when I was drawing and painting things digitally and slowly, with some force (and making art part of my challenges each time), I've gotten that tiny spark back.  I'm sure you will too :D

• Like 2

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Hey guys I am still here, I will try to come up with some kind of challenge soon. I am also working on a piece. Far from done but heres some hints/studies.

img002.jpg

img003.jpg

cow%20gradient%20test.jpg

Hope you all are out doing some art stuff. My weekend was crazy so I fell behind in what I have been wanting to do. But tomorrow I am going to make up for it for sure.

• Like 5

Hello you wonderfully creative people,

I'd like to follow you around and lurk a bit, if you don't mind.

We are the mean of the people we surround ourselves with.

I write and draw and dance, and I'd like to do that more (and better too)... maybe I even find it in me to share what I'm working on with you folks. Because you are very inspiring... I want to do more expressing too.

Katrin Josephina

Morag

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

I have taken color pencil classes and done a few projects. I want to learn how to knit and crochet. I also have recently started to learn how to sew.  :redface-new: I have a few sewing items that need to be done as well as my last color pencil project. My current life Quest is to Finish scanning all my family pictures and up loading them so that family members can view them. That is very time consuming, but I want to try to at least get 4 hours a week in, until the are all done.

• Like 2

Assassin - (race to be determined at a later date)

Current Challenge  4  3, 2, 1 Accountability 1 Assassin Initiates