Artistic and Creative Accountability

I finished the first piece for this challenge!  A fellow nerdfitness peep (starsapart) requested Fang and Vanille, and I was happy to finish it last night.  I have another piece to do already so this will be another art busy challenge :D

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Feeling unproductive this week. I'm 1200 words short of target, but that's not a problem. I think it's because I've only focused on one thing all week. Last week I did the two main projects, plus a couple of other small things, which is actually the reason it always takes me so long to finish a big project - all the little ones nibble away bits of time.

Brain needs to learn that variety isn't always the best thing to have. Silly brain :P

• Like 1

Viscura
[Cybernetic Warrior
]

Current Challenge

LEVEL: 18
STR: 23 | STA: 25 | CON: 22 | INT: 10 | WIL: 19 | DEX: 1

Stuff I do:
Write stories and talk about being trans
Various filmy/webseriesy things

So a quick random challenge thing!

This is an accountability group, so I'd like you guys to take the time a visit at least one thread from someone in this thread.

• Like 4

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] <--Current Challenge

I haven't posted anything in awhile so I thought I'd share pictures of what I've done using an image I found at the goodwill many years ago.  There were 5-6 photos of this family and I fell in love with the image of this little girl (Arlene McGilvery 1939).  I use her picture in lots of my mixed media collage play.  I have an artistic goal in my current challenge so I think once a week I'll post a picture of the different pieces I've created with the help of Arlene.

Here she is in a shadow box I made in a class with Stephanie Rubiano.  In this piece I mounted her photo to wood, cut out her shape with a jeweler's saw and then glued on various things to make this assemblage.  

be_kind.jpg

• Like 1

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

It's not much, but here is some of the things I have done. I first started into the color pencils in 2011 right before my kiddo was born. then didn't take the class again until last summer. The dragons, mickey and minnie and the ice fire were my first ones. The boat was what I worked on in the summer. I have done more to it and need to get a newer scan, but it far from finished. My next project for the color pencils is going to be something with the Avengers for my kiddo. I have an idea I want to do with hulk on a tattered cloak.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qK_KUqyg3tR3hlampaVkd0LWs/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qK_KUqyg3tMFZBMm9YZFZXaGc/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qK_KUqyg3tcVJVVjhEbndodTA/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qK_KUqyg3tWXhfZldMN2NlTk0/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qK_KUqyg3tTmtBQmljZ2NobVE/view?usp=sharing

• Like 3

Assassin - (race to be determined at a later date)

Current Challenge  4  3, 2, 1 Accountability 1 Assassin Initiates 

I'm too lazy to scan in the few drawings I've done in my new sketchbook, but I've been role-playing in a Nerd Fitness accountibilibuddy group called "The Assault on Brightwater" (in my sig) which has been satisfying a lot of writing itches. 

Free-form writing is my favourite. Rarely is it totally productive, but it's fun!

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

It's not much, but here is some of the things I have done. I first started into the color pencils in 2011 right before my kiddo was born. then didn't take the class again until last summer. The dragons, mickey and minnie and the ice fire were my first ones. The boat was what I worked on in the summer. I have done more to it and need to get a newer scan, but it far from finished. My next project for the color pencils is going to be something with the Avengers for my kiddo. I have an idea I want to do with hulk on a tattered cloak.

Ohhh I can't wait to see the next project!  The adorable dragon is well...adorable and very well shaded!  Big fan of the Hulk so I'm excited to see that one :D

• Like 2

Spoiler

---

---

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Greetings all. I've been lurking a bit searching for something such this, mind if I join?

My main focus is composing (as it's my coping mechanism for life) but drawing and writing are strong interests. I've let the latter go by the wayside a bit with my busy work schedule but I'd like to pick them back up.

• Like 1

1st  -  2nd  -  3rd  -  4th  -  Current Challenge

Ninja Assassin

No one believes our excuses but us... so let's stop making them and go accomplish something!

Hello!  I have an artistic goal in the current challenge to post 2x weekly photos of my creative endeavors.  Here's my post for this week featuring a well-loved image that appears in a lot of my work (Arlene)..In this piece I was working in a journal.  I put down some collage, including the image of Arlene, and then I used paint to create a new shape for main image.  I went back into the piece with paint and pencil work to bring out the previous collage pieces and add details to the new image.  I did this piece in September of this year.  It was practice for a piece I eventually made my mom for her birthday.    

step1.jpg  step2.jpg  step3.jpg

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

New piece I am working on for my own personal art project.

FaceMcshooty_card_step1.jpg

Far from done. Still learning as I go with this whole digital thing.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

I bombed out on writing just a little this week, time set aside for it turned into something else that couldn't wait - plus insomnia, making it very hard to do anything but stare at the screen and yawn. Still, managed a couple of thousand words on the current ongoing story last night. Now gotta edit them to post on blog, then back to the book for this week.

Also got a crafty project going on. Tis approaching the season where shorts are a thing, and that often means not enough pockets, or pockets too small to fit phone+debit card+house key. So I'm making a little pouch out of an old pair of jeans too torn to keep wearing, which will hook onto a waistband/belt loop :)

• Like 2

Viscura
[Cybernetic Warrior
]

Current Challenge

LEVEL: 18
STR: 23 | STA: 25 | CON: 22 | INT: 10 | WIL: 19 | DEX: 1

Stuff I do:
Write stories and talk about being trans
Various filmy/webseriesy things

Week 4 of the current challenge - time to post a "piece of Arlene" for my artistic endeavor goal!

WP_20150506_001.jpg

This piece was done in a journal that I play around in - paint/collage/doodle.  First I painted the page with acrylics and then collaged the border suing scraps from magazines and collage sheets.  I went back in with gelatos/charcoal/cray pas for the line work.  My center image is a piece of arlene - just her torso basically.  I replaced her feet with some from a Teesha Moore collage sheet and her head with a bunny doodle I'd drawn.  I did do something else with her head which I will show next time.  Once I get my pages set up in this kind of journal then I go back and do some journaling usually or practice lettering using a quote or song lyric or whatever.  

How are other folks doing with their artistic goals?

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

I've been doing requests for my challenge and I'm taking a bit long on my third piece (I have five requests, 2 out 5 complete), but taking a little long on this one seems to be doing good for me since I had been a bit stressed before hand.

Here is my complete Request # 2:

sailor_mars_by_artisticallystrange-d8rl0

And here is the latest WIP for Request # 3:

agito_guyver_3_wip_2_by_artisticallystra

• Like 2

Spoiler

---

---

---

Week Five Accountability Post - Pieces of Arlene (favorite photo image used in my mixed media collage journaling)

Last week I posted a journal page using Arlene's body, this week I'm posting what I did with her head :)

WP_20150506_002.jpg

this is a a piece of acetate that I painted and collaged on the reverse side then I etched details/wording into the wet paint (acrylics).  After letting the paint dry I put the piece up against a painted back ground page (pink) so the etching would show up.  I put this piece into my journal like a collage element - I don't have the finished page here, just this progression picture to show a different technique for collage (and Arlene's smiling face).  

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

Finally finished my third piece!  I really need to push through to complete the next 2!

Here is the third piece!  It is Shadow Guyver/Agito

agito_guyver_3_by_artisticallystrange-d8

Spoiler

---

---

---

Almost forgot to post my completed 4th piece!  Here is Princess Anna having a bit of a silly dream!

princess_annas__dream_by_artisticallystr

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---

The challenge is over, but I finally finished this last piece:

greyjedi_by_artisticallystrange-d8v5ol1.

Spoiler

---

---

---

Hey  yall, seems this challenge is already over. I think I am going to participate next challenge, and will be running this thread again. I will be posting more actively here and it will be part of my challenge.

HOpe to see you all again then!

• Like 1