Cohen the Barbarians bench to impress quest.

Cohen

Have a sore throat, headache, and a little bit of a cold at the moment, so i'm not expecting any extra today. Just get in the garage and get my workout done :)

Today is workout A and i'm working at level 12 - 30kg for bench, bent over rows, and farmers walks.

BW Pullups - 2 sets 8, 5

Bench - 4 sets 7, 5, 6, 5

BO Rows - 2 sets 13, 10

Farmers - 2 sets 45m, 36m

MyFP today

Totals Cal 2,120  - C 263 - F  56 - P 113

CohenTheBarbarian Level 1

STR 4 | DEX 0 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Current Challenge

Recruit mini challenge 3: +1WIS

1. Overall my plan is working well but i'm not making any progress on pullups, i'm stuck at 8 reps and the last rep is a bit iffy, I need to change my sets or alter the workout.

2. The topic below had some good suggestions and things to try out. 

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/63991-pull-up-progressions/

3. Tomorrow I will mix up the pullup section of my workout and add chinups with slow negatives twice a week, and do the pullups twice a week.

Current Challenge

Today is Workout B at level 16 - 40kg for goblet squats, one arm rows, and suitcase walks. 

Been feeling a bit stuck with pullups the last few workouts, so I changed it up a bit today. Added 2 sets of close grip chins with slow negatives, and wide grip pullups moving slow throughout, pausing at the top and mid way.

BW Chins - sets 9,5

BW Pullups - 2 sets 4, 4

Goblet Sq - 2 sets 8, 7 

OA Rows - 2 sets 7, 7

Suitcase - 2 sets 16m, 16m - not too good today

MyFP today

Totals Cal 2,329  - C 295 - F  55 - P 127

Current Challenge

Manflu still in effect, but I got plenty of rest last night and had a relaxed morning.

Today is workout A and i'm working at level 12 - 30kg for bench, bent over rows, and farmers walks. I had a nice strong black coffee before my workout to help with my manflu symptoms :tongue:

BW CG Chins - 2 sets 10,7

BW WG Pullups - 2 sets 5, 5

Bench - 3 sets 9, 6, 6, 

BO Rows - 2 sets 12, 12

Farmers - 2 sets 45m, 45m

That's the end of benching for this week, so my main quest of a body weight dumbbell bench press (I'm using exrx to calculate my 1 rm) 

Finished bench this week at 64kg for 9 reps = 1rm of 82kg

My body weight is 82kg 

wooooootttttt :D  :D :D Goal completed, the last rep was a bit grindy, but it was full rom with a steady negative - i'm giving it to myself, but it was just one set, I need to repeat to truly call complete :D  :D :D

MyFP today

Totals Cal 2,456  - C 328 - F  74 - P 111

Current Challenge

Today is workout A and i'm working at level 12 - 30kg for bench, bent over rows, and farmers walks.

BW WG Pullups - 2 sets 5, 5

Bench - 3 sets 9, 5, 5  < hit my main goal again today :D

BO Rows - 2 sets 10, 10

Farmers - 2 sets 45m, 45m

MyFP today

Totals Cal 2,074  - C 252 - F  46 - P 124

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Hit a pothole riding home on my motorbike today, didn't fall off so my bike is fine, but there was a strange crunching noise in my left shoulder - and now it's sore inside, guessing some rotator cuff issue. 

So workout today was just some bodyweight squats, box step ups, and a big of jogging around the estate.

MyFP today

Totals Cal 2,357 - C 238 - F  83 - P 137

Current Challenge

Yesterday my shoulder was still hurting, I used dumbbells at 10kg to do some different movements and find out which hurt, farmers walks are ok, rows are ok, bench press hurts damn.... Basically anything where the dumbell is pressed hurts, and holding in front for goblet sqauts hurts too.

So I did a light workout of dumbbells step ups, farmers walks and some heavier rows. It went ok and I took it slow.

I think I need to reset my weights and go slow for a while until my shoulder is healed.

So i'm changing my workouts for the moment, hopefully in a few weeks I will get back to benching.

MyFP yesterday

Totals Cal 2,056 - C 178 - F  81 - P 152

Current Challenge

Changed my workout again today to help my shoulder recover. Good news is that the pain is going away :)

Played futsal for 60mins

3 sets of 15 leg raises

3 sets of 15 box jumps

3 sets bw squats

3 sets OA rows 40kg - 6,6,5

2 sets of DB flyes 15kg - 10,10 < tried pressing shoulder hurt, flyes seem ok but not 100%

MyFP yesterday

Totals Cal 1,980 - C 336 - F  28 - P 94 < damn a lot of carbs today, can't resist my missus pasta carbonara with tuna :D

Current Challenge