Sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something

Hello rebels! 

I did things a little backwards and posted in the challenge section because I was so excited to participate. Then I realized I never even introduced myself, D'oh! But better late than never.

I stared at the empty box to type for a while till I could calm the tidal wave of anxiety and now here I am posting again! 

I'm Syd, 22 years old, female. I get self conscious very easily, (even when posting on the internet!) so one of my major goals is to work on my self confidence.Seriously I took voice lessons for 8+ years and still have never sung for my parents (lol but also  :neglected:)

I'm not happy with the way I'm living my life. I want to be a proactive rather than a reactive person. This site and community seems like a great way to get there!

I'm a college student interuptus, I've been on medical leave for two years sorting out my emotional biz and I only have my senior year left. Currently working on the paper work to return in the fall (ugh paper work). 

Living at home made it easy to pack on pounds. I went from my lowest weight (105lbs) to my highest (138 lbs) in like....4-6 months. Too much Talenti gelato. I'm the opposite of most college students, I actually lose weight when I go to school because I walk everywhere. I really need to focus on cleaning up my diet. I can barely go a day without chocolate...haha. But true. I've been doing a little yoga + meditation and I'd really like to get into that more. I've found mindfulness extremely helpful for dealing with depression+ anxiety + ADD and want to continue to learn. I isolate myself from others because I feel worthless so I hope the friendly vibe here will help. 

I have a sizable collection of vintage dresses/clothing that I want to fit into again. I love reading. My room has books piled on every surface. One of my long term goals for this site is to start running. ALL THE GOALS. But really I know (from experience) that one small change at a time works best, even if it's had to convince my inner enthusiasm that's the case. 

I started my fitness journey last year when my mom got certified in weight training and pilates. I'm lucky that she trains me for free (2x pilates, 1x weights per week). I went from completely sedentary (and proud of it) to exercising 3x per week. But I want to work on self-guided working out so I can keep it up at school/the rest of my life.

Wow that got long. So final notes: any Adventure Time/Steven Universe/Gravity Falls fans hit me up (those are my current 3 favorite shows) and also here is a picture of my adorable kitty because kitties are the best ice-breaker. My username comes from the funny little sideways hops she (Nico aka"Bean") makes when she wants to play. I call them her spooky feet. 

-Syd

BpD4QCYs.jpg

• Like 4

level 21 magic cat druid, doodlie for life

sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something

past challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Current

(old) Battle LogBattle Log

Ugh paper work, indeed!

Welcome, Syd. You really have no reason to be shy around here - you seem well-spoken and funny. :)

I like Gravity Falls and Adventure Time, too! ^_^ I actually clicked on your post because of your Lumpy Space Princess avatar. Your kitty is adorable. I have one, too - a little black cat with a white crescent-shaped scar on his head named Wormwood.

• Like 1

I like your title. Get after it.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Ugh paper work, indeed!

Welcome, Syd. You really have no reason to be shy around here - you seem well-spoken and funny. :)

I like Gravity Falls and Adventure Time, too! ^_^ I actually clicked on your post because of your Lumpy Space Princess avatar. Your kitty is adorable. I have one, too - a little black cat with a white crescent-shaped scar on his head named Wormwood.

Thank you! Wormwood is a great name for a cat!

Bean is my kitty (or my Waddles) but there are two other kitties in the house.  They're family pets, so they're like 1/4 mine haha. One of them is a black cat who we found in out back yard ~13 years ago and who we (not so) originally named Lucky. He's a sweetheart and you can tell he's grateful to have a home. Black cats ftw!

The other is a little booger named Cosmo who we adopted last August. We got him as a companion for Lucky and they are so cute together it melts my heart and Lucky is more active than ever. Cosmo is a smile incarnated. Animals give you so love much back. 

I cannot wait till Gravity Falls and Adventure Time come back from hiatus. They have the weirdest (or worst) airing schedules. I'll just keep watching this video:

Also I'm seriously considering taking the walk to Mordor. 

Yep, but once you do little changes it gets easier. It is easier to do out of the house too because then you control what food is around you and you need to exercise less willpower in case someone else the house brings foods in. 

Also, I had a ridic sweet tooth and pretty got off sweets for a while. Then I found quest bars and it came back, but I'm ok with desert having 20g protein and being under 200 cals :D 

Are you looking to just lose weight or build muscle too? 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Definitely want to build muscle.  I actually have already started to. I weight train a little and do Pilates (which works with bodyweight). 

Another Adventure Time fan (and chocoholic) checking in - my 7 year old has a lot to answer for. Also love Steven Universe and Gumball, but Regular Show is my favourite of them all.

Welcome along, and given you like Steven Universe and weight training... LET'S GET BEEFY? ;-)

• Like 1

~~ VALHALLA, I AM COMING! ~~

Season 1 (2015): #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Season 2 (2016): #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12  #13 #14 #15 

Season 3 (2017): #16 #17 #18 

Another Adventure Time fan (and chocoholic) checking in - my 7 year old has a lot to answer for. Also love Steven Universe and Gumball, but Regular Show is my favourite of them all.

Welcome along, and given you like Steven Universe and weight training... LET'S GET BEEFY? ;-)

Haha I wish I could blame my love of cartoons and chocolate on someone else  :playful:. I'll have to watch Regular Show at some point. Maybe with NF I can approach Sugilite levels of beef. Of at least get a megaphone so I can dance around singing at people while they exercise. 

• Like 1

Your title is awesome, I'm just now getting into Adventure Time but I'm so proud I recognized it. Good luck here!

I aspire to be like Jake even though I'm probs more a mixture of PB and Marceline. 

this is so clean scotty

Lvl 1: Adventurer with monk ambitions

Current weight: 123,3 KG.   Target weight: 85KG