SpiderMonkey Finishes a Training Plan

Fortuositea

Was this your first race, or your first race in awhile? I'm wondering if it left you more susceptible to the cold? 

I agree, this is the faster feeling challenge I've ever done. Kinda cool actually as I'm in a switching gears mode so next challenge is excellently timed.

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Nice looking bench.  Sorry you are sick.  If you are not shaking it then make sure you get some extra rest.  You can make up some mileage during the off week between challenges or just do more next challenge.  You have done excellent so far!

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Was this your first race, or your first race in awhile? I'm wondering if it left you more susceptible to the cold? 

I agree, this is the faster feeling challenge I've ever done. Kinda cool actually as I'm in a switching gears mode so next challenge is excellently timed.

Nah, it's like, my seventh 5K, and I'd just done one about two weeks before. Maybe it's something in the weather, and the fact that I've already got allergy problems, and that colds just seem to be sweeping the area right now. It's still lingering, so maybe the timing is good to just take it easy and start the next challenge with a bang.

Currently Walking / Biking / Hiking to Mordor 

On my way to Rivendell: 208.14 / 458 miles 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Awesome Runner's Awesome Running Blog

Nice looking bench.  Sorry you are sick.  If you are not shaking it then make sure you get some extra rest.  You can make up some mileage during the off week between challenges or just do more next challenge.  You have done excellent so far!

Thanks - it's still lingering. I'm going to just take it easy and not try to break any records or anything for the next couple of days. I've been planning to dig out my bike to pad the mileage a bit!

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

So I think I can cross off goal #1: to finish the training plan. My white whale was the thirty-minute run - it seemed IMPOSSIBLE when I started out. I struggled to get to the twenty-five minute run, then I sort of dialed back my training a bit after the 5K when I got my cold, so I switched gears to 1 minute intervals. Something in there clicked, because I went out for a run last night and ran for thirty-five minutes straight. Before I began, I decided to try for maybe fifteen minutes with the twenty & twenty-five minute runs looming like mountains in the distance, but when I got to fifteen minutes, I just wasn't tired and I thought I might actually be able to run the whole thing. I just didn't get tired. Like, at all. I wasn't out of breath. I only stopped because I got back to my car. I ran two miles straight. I feel like the six million dollar man. 

P.S. Thanks to Zombies, Run and Taylor Swift for helping me absolutely demolish this goal. 

• Like 1