Ellith, Kickin' Nass and Takin' Manes

Ellith

Hi there !

Ellith here (aka Sophie), ex-recruit ready to kick some asses !

giphy.gif

So, since I'm a huge World of Warcraft fan (still playing), the name of the challenge and of the quests are taken from the game :). Took me some time to find them but here they are !

After a good 1st challenge as a recruit, here I am, joining the assassin :).

This looks like a cool place to stay and I want to focus on building strength with weight lifting and body workout and I want to increase my flexibility and balance by doing yoga (and I want to manage some awesome poses like crow pose, headstand and handstand !). 

I also got my weight loss as a goal but I don't want my main focus to be on this so I don't stress much about it. I know the result will come, if I trust the process (as someone awesome told me :tongue:).

So here are my goals for this 2nd challenge !

Main goal :

I want to feel go in my own body, want to stop hating it and instead love it for what it helps me do, by June 18. I have a festival and want to enjoy it without thinking that my thighs look big or that I need to stop breathing every time a cute guy is passing by :P.

Goal for this challenge :

I want to keep building good habits (with gym and food), build strength and flexibility and stop focusing so much on weight but instead focus on my accomplishments.

So I will weight myself once on Monday and will not use it before the day right after the end :).

Quest 1 - Training and Discipline

I managed to build a good workout habit with my 1st challenge and I will keep working on it on this challenge in order to build strength (I will manage to do a chin-up, one day, I know it !) and lose weight.

I have a great trainer who made me some great workout plan which combine strength training with cardio in a circuit.

The goal is to do this 3 times a week and, if I can, add some cardio only session in between (I have to train for a 5k in september).

Workout 3 days/week (cardio/strength)

Grades :

Gym :

3/week = A

2/week = B

1/week = C

Rewards :

I don't know how many points we can give ourselves for this challenge so I will complete this later. It will be a mix of STR and STA.

Quest 2 - Challenge to the Black Flight

I took yoga classes for almost a year about 2 years ago and really liked it. I stopped (don't remember why) and now I miss it and feel like it would be a great complement to my program.

I also want to master my own body and manage to do some bad-ass poses like crow pose (almost got it last time) and inversion.

So my goal is to take at least 2 Yoga classes per week (in a studio or at home) and train for handstand and planks (spartan plank challenge) everyday.

Grades :

Yoga :

2/week = A

1/week = B

Daily training :

6-7 times/week = A

4-5 times/week = B

2-3 times/week = C

Rewards :

Will add points later, but it will be DEX.

Quest 3 - Even Thieves Get Hungry

Like I said, weight loss will not be my main focus but I still have to eat right so this will stay a part of my challenge.

I will keep with the plan the nutritionist gave me since it's working and I'm not starving, and will keep logging everything into MFP.

The goal is to eat under 1500kcal daily for 6 days a week and log all of it into MFP.

Grades :

1500kcal and MPF :

6/week = A

4-5/week = B

2-3/week = C

Reward :

Don't know the points, will be CON.

Life Quest - Clean Up in Stormwind

I'm a messy person, always have always will be. But now that I feel like my life is finally getting in order, I know that I need to do the same thing with my house.

So the goal will be to clean-up the house (always harder the 1st time) and keep it that way.

The goal will be to clean up once a week.

Grade :

This is a pass/fail goal so A if pass, else it's nothing.

Reward :

I guess this will be WIS.

Optional life quest - (need to find a title) 

I'm almost done for this session class (my final exam is on April 23rd) so I want to take the time I will have to finally learn how to play the guitar.

I don't know how to organize this one but it will probably be "train at least 1 hour 3 times a week" or something like this. I still need to figure this one out.

So this is it for my second challenge :).

Feel free to give me advice if you think some things need improvements !

Really excited to start this one !

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Ellith - Level 2 - Night elf assassin
STR 3.5|DEX 0|CON 2|STA 3.5|WIS 1|CHA 1

A little bit about me : Here
Challenges : 1 - Current challenge

I am here for yooooooou! :D:D:D

P.S. Did you mention which server you play on for WoW? If not, I would love to know! (if you don't mind sharing, of course!)

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

MFP: kelliefications | battlelog | NF instagram

The NF Society

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

STR 2.25 DEX 2.25 STA 2.25 CON 4 WIS 7 CHA 10.25

campaign -  act iiiact iiact i

I am here for yooooooou! :D:D:D

P.S. Did you mention which server you play on for WoW? If not, I would love to know! (if you don't mind sharing, of course!)

And me for you !! :)

I play on Hyjal, a european server so I can play with my mum who still lives in France :P. Don't think we can play with people who play on different zones :(.

www.tentacl-2.0.gif

Hello~!

Following you again. ^_^

(PS: You get 15 points to split up between your goals as rewards.)

Pika !!

Thanks for the info ! I just need to figure out how much points each goal gets and will update everything later :)

• Like 1

My brother used to play, we went to MC together :tongue:. He tried the new expansion but stopped playing a few weeks ago. He now spends his time on Heroes of the storm, Battlefield or Day-Z.

We tried to get my sister into it but she doens't like the whole MMO side. But she plays video games too :tongue:. We're a geek family and that's awesome !

• Like 1

You're going to do awesome!  I have accepted that I will forever be a messy person, but I have also included a housework goal into my challenge.  You did so well last time, keep up that momentum!  

• Like 1

High Wood Elf - Level 2

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 1

Current Challenge:  2.2  Past Challenges:  2.1  1        A little about me . . .

Okay, here we go :).

Weight at the beginning of this challenge : 74.4kg

I will not weight myself before may 25th ! (will need to take the battery out of my scale and hide it so I'm not tempted :tongue:).

Here is week 1 workout schedule :

Monday : cardio-strength circuit

Tuesday : Hot yoga

Wednesday : cardio-strength circuit

Thursday : rest

Friday : cardio-strength circuit

Saturday : rest (probably some hiking depending on the weather)

Sunday : probably some yoga at home

Week 1 - day 1 :

Quest 1 : Gym 1/3

Quest 2 : Yoga 0/2, Plank 1/7, Handstand 1/7

Quest 3 : 1750 kcal :(, logged into MFP, and macros were right on.

Ok, so gym was great. I still have a little pain in my knee so I will try to get back to squat tomorrow and see how it goes :).

I will try remembering all the exercises I do (don't know their names) and write everything here.

Deadlift was ok, I still have to figure out exactly how to do them properly so I don't get hurt.

Plank, managed to hold for 30sec but I used to hold for a minute so this wasn't that hard :P.

Wall handstand : I'm working on it. This is way harder than I thought ! Don't know exactly the angle I managed to get my wall plank but I managed to hold it for maybe 20sec ? I did it a second time and it was the same. I think my biggest issue will be the fear of falling, but I guess that building strength and going a small step at a time will help :).

Food : Yeah, this didn't go so well :/. I guess my week off didn't help at all. I'm transitioning into my previous diet, but I know I can do it !

Tonight will be my first hot yoga class. I'm excited and anxious at the same time ! And I really don't know what I'm gonna wear.

• Like 2

Yay, WoW-related challenge! I've been thinking of getting back into that game. I used to love soloing old raids on my Death Knight. Attempting challenging enough content really made it feel like a 1-man raid. My greatest accomplishment was soloing 10-man Heroic Ragnaros about two days before the stat squish. Took me almost 30 wipes before I got him down, but it felt amazing. Now I'm feeling the itch to get some BRF/Highmaul gear and try and solo some MoP raids...

• Like 1

Yay, WoW-related challenge! I've been thinking of getting back into that game. I used to love soloing old raids on my Death Knight. Attempting challenging enough content really made it feel like a 1-man raid. My greatest accomplishment was soloing 10-man Heroic Ragnaros about two days before the stat squish. Took me almost 30 wipes before I got him down, but it felt amazing. Now I'm feeling the itch to get some BRF/Highmaul gear and try and solo some MoP raids...

The last expansion totally rocks :). I liked Mysts of Pandaria but this one is awesome !

Never went back into old dungeons with my now powerful characters, I might give it a try so that I can finally see some of them, since I don't raid (i used to and am now going back in LFR but I missed a few in between).

Week 1 - Day 2 :

Ok, so I discovered something... Hot yoga is fricking Hot !!! (yeah, I know, thanks Captain Obvious :tongue:).

I know, it's supposed to be hot

giphy.gif

But I felt every drop of sweat just rolling down my body, in my eyes or falling on the floor. I was drenched in sweat by the end of the class. But even with that, the class was great. I haven't been to yoga for a while so I lost some flexibility but I have the feeling that everything will come back pretty soon :).

Gym : 1/3

Yoga : 1/2

Plank : 1/5

Handstand : 1/5

Calories : 1457 Kcal

MFP : 2/7

0/1

Day 2 was pretty great. The only thing that wasn't so good was my bedtime. I went to bed at around 1am, which is not good at all, I can't go back to this bad habit !! So I will have to work on it even if it's not part of this challenge.

Food was good, I still need to get rid of a few temptations I bought/made during my week off and I will be good :). Ate some soup (not homemade) and discovered that this has way too much calories, so I guess I'll have to make my own and stop buying those even if it's easier.

Yoga, well, like I said, that was hot ! But it felt good and I went there with a friend so this was awesome :). We chatted all the way to and from the class (40mn total) and the weather was beautiful ! 

At one point the teacher asked us to go into crow pose... I tried a little and then said nope, my face is to attracted to the floor for me to try it :P. I can't even do it when I'm dry, can't figure out how to do it while slippery as f... This will be a pose to try again, but at home with a really big pillow for my face :).

I also changed my goal with the plank/handstand. I was supposed to train when I got home but wasn't able to do anything after yoga. I just took a shower, ate and watched tv. I was supposed to work on an assignment but my brain was not working anymore :tongue:.

So I will train for the plank and handstand on days when I don't do yoga, which will be 5 days a week (instead of 7). 

Cleaning : nothing done yet. I have to focus on finishing my assignment. I should be able to start this week-end.

I'm kind of freaking out a little because I have a lot to do during this week and the next. My assignment was due yesterday but I can submit up to 2 days after so tomorrow, my final exam is on April 23rd, I have a big party this week-end and a few evening with friends planned. Well, I have a girls night out on friday and a date on thursday :tongue:. Finally decided it was time to come out of my comfort zone and try internet dating again ! 

I don't know how I'll manage to do everything, but I know I will.

That's it for yesterday :).

Went to the gym this morning, but I will post everything about it in tomorrow's recap.

Hope everyone has an awesome day !

• Like 2

So, since I'm a huge World of Warcraft fan (still playing), the name of the challenge and of the quests are taken from the game

I have not played in five years, but remember it fondly.  One quest that is (dormant) on my list is Wanted: Hogger.

Subbed.

Added:

Finally decided it was time to come out of my comfort zone and try internet dating again !

I should mash that 20-second button and just get online.

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

We are still sneaking you on the Sky Ranger.  Don't forget to:

1. Choose a Class.  (Sniper?)

2. Do the recruitment exercise.  (See post #2 for what you need to do.)

3. Do the Week 1 exercise.  (50 body-weight squats for everybody; subscribe to everybody's threads; show an workout where you do 10 pull-ups if you are being a Sniper.)

Get it all done by Saturday or Sunday.  Look at Trewest if you want an example.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Want to play?  MFPvP

Thanks guys for the amazing support :).

Sounds like you had an amazing Day 2 Sophie!!! Stormwind can definitely hold off a little til the assignment is done. I know you can stay on target with your goals even with all the events you have coming up. You have this in your hands!!

Thanks ! This week started really great, and it's still good, except my assignment that doesn't go as well but it's all my fault since I started way too late :/.

But everything will be better as soon as I submit it, finished or not !

A date! A date!! *gets excited*

Let us know how it goes, more or less. :tongue: (whatever you feel comfortable sharing)

Also, you are awesome for even trying crow pose! It scares the crap outta me.

I'm excited too but really stressed as well ! 

I'll share almost everything :P (well, depending of how it goes). There is another guy I'm interested in (and it's going really well in writing) but we're having a right time finding a date when we're both available !

I tried crow pose about a year ago and almost go it but I then fell on my face and got a little scare with my jaw (everything was fine). Haven't really attempted it since. But one day I'll do it !

I have not played in five years, but remember it fondly.  One quest that is (dormant) on my list is Wanted: Hogger.

Subbed.

Added:

Finally decided it was time to come out of my comfort zone and try internet dating again !

I should mash that 20-second button and just get online.

Hogger, the big bad boss :P.

The real challenge for me was not to get online (that's the easy part) but answer to messages or even send the 1st one if I'm interested. I always think that I'm not good enough but I am starting to realize that it's not true, and it feels amazing :).

Just checking in from XCOM. It sounds like your challenge is off to a great start. (And crow pose is HARD. This is known.)

Thanks for the support ! 

Awesome that you have so many fun things planned for this week!  

Yeah, it's great ! Still don't know when I'll be able to work for my exam next week but I'll manage :).

We are still sneaking you on the Sky Ranger.  Don't forget to:

1. Choose a Class.  (Sniper?)

2. Do the recruitment exercise.  (See post #2 for what you need to do.)

3. Do the Week 1 exercise.  (50 body-weight squats for everybody; subscribe to everybody's threads; show an workout where you do 10 pull-ups if you are being a Sniper.)

Get it all done by Saturday or Sunday.  Look at Trewest if you want an example.

Hi !

Thanks for checking in :).

I'll do a proper post right away and will catch-up with everyone's challenge at lunch :).

Yesterday's update will be posted later today !

• Like 2

WAHOO, totally getting you on the Sky Ranger!! :D

HUGE love for the World of Warcraft-ness <3

Crow pose is difficult!!  But once you get it, it is the most amazing feeling!!  You got this! :D

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

Finally finished checking everyone's thread (sorry if I missed one, will try to catch-up later), now it's time to update my own.

Week 1 - day 3 :

Gym : 2/3

Plank : 2/5

Handstand : 2/5

Calories : 1494 Kcal

MFP : 3/7

0/1

I should have written everything down as soon as I got home because now I don't really remember what I did (I have a really bad memory).

The only thing that I remember is that I ran on the treadmill as a warm-up and it felt easier than before. I only ran for 5mn at 8.5km/h but felt like I could have run longer. I was not as winded as before and my legs didn't hurt. I'll definitely have to try running outside. I haven't done any cardio outside of my circuit but it looks like it still helped a lot ! So that's pretty exciting because I can't wait to be able to finally run 30mn straight :)

Week 1 - day 4 :

Calories : ??

0/1

Thursday was not so good, at least challenge-wise. I wanted to go for a run in the morning to test if my running skills had really improved but my legs were sore and I got scared of hurting myself, so I decide to sleep instead :/. Will try going for a run next week.

I didn't have any time to cook some lunch wednesday night so I ended up buying my lunch at a vegetarian place (which is way too expensive for what I ate) and I have no idea of the amount of calories I ate.

And yesterday evening was date night, but really not conclusive. The guy (that I met on Tinder :/) was kind of cute but we had really different point of views about things I really like and because I'm a geek I don't know how to simply like things, most of the time I obsess about it :tongue:. So when a guy tells me that rock and metal are crappy music and that gym-goers are stupid, well, let's say that I didn't take it well. I didn't say anything but it didn't help his case. There were other things too but I will not write everything down.

But the good thing is that, even if I won't see him again, it was a really great way for me to see what I'm capable of. And since he was open for a second date it really helps with my self-esteem problems and gave me a nice confidence boost :).

I'm also realizing that this dating thing is really hard. I'm talking to another guy that I like but I haven't had any news since the text I sent him last night. I'm tempted to send another one because I feel like he could even be a good friend but I'll try to be patient and wait for him to come to me. So, this means a lot of stress added to the fact that I submitted my unfinished assignment and that my exam is next Thursday !!

Week 1 - day 5 :

Calories : ??

0/1

I was supposed to go to the gym today but ended-up going to bed way too late (because of the assignment) and figured that going to the gym with only 5:30 hours of sleep was a bad idea.

I went to the restaurant at lunch with some colleagues so I have no idea how many calories I ate. It was a japanese restaurant and everything was really good and not overpriced.

Tonight is girls night out and tomorrow we are going outside of town to celebrate a few friends' birthdays :). We'll leave early so we can go for a hike before the party really starts.

I'll try to post updates this week-end but I don't know if I'll have any internet connection or time.

This week has not been pretty good regarding the challenge but I feel great (maybe it's the new haircut, or Spring finally coming back) so it's still a win for me :).

• Like 2

So when a guy tells me that rock and metal are crappy music and that gym-goers are stupid, well, let's say that I didn't take it well. I didn't say anything but it didn't help his case. There were other things too but I will not write everything down.

But the good thing is that, even if I won't see him again, it was a really great way for me to see what I'm capable of. And since he was open for a second date it really helps with my self-esteem problems and gave me a nice confidence boost :).

I'm also realizing that this dating thing is really hard. I'm talking to another guy that I like but I haven't had any news since the text I sent him last night.

Wuh-oh. Looks like you got a dud this time. :/

But hey, he clearly liked you! :) Even though he's not a good match, there'll be others. Maybe the dude you've been texting. Maybe someone else. Personally, I feel that friendship is a great base for a deeper relationship later. (I've actually only dated people I was friends with first.) Try to just let the relationship develop naturally and see what happens.

• Like 2
And yesterday evening was date night, but really not conclusive. The guy (that I met on Tinder :/) was kind of cute but we had really different point of views about things I really like and because I'm a geek I don't know how to simply like things, most of the time I obsess about it  :tongue:. So when a guy tells me that rock and metal are crappy music and that gym-goers are stupid, well, let's say that I didn't take it well. I didn't say anything but it didn't help his case. There were other things too but I will not write everything down.

But the good thing is that, even if I won't see him again, it was a really great way for me to see what I'm capable of. And since he was open for a second date it really helps with my self-esteem problems and gave me a nice confidence boost  :).

I'm also realizing that this dating thing is really hard. I'm talking to another guy that I like but I haven't had any news since the text I sent him last night. I'm tempted to send another one because I feel like he could even be a good friend but I'll try to be patient and wait for him to come to me. So, this means a lot of stress added to the fact that I submitted my unfinished assignment and that my exam is next Thursday !!

Yup.  Yuck.  There is a lot of nonsense in that scene.  At least the differences show up very obviously early on.  I work, eat, sleep, go to gym and stuff like that.  So what do I do in my spare time?  What spare time.  Really??!?  [End of date.]

My theory:  Something in the water.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Want to play?  MFPvP