Aerinity moves to master the elements.

Aerinity

Yes, this challenge is Avatar (mostly Korra) themed...

tumblr_nf01ti9gt81rogcuio1_500.gif

Yes, there will be both ATLA and TLOK spoilers in here. You have been warned.

Dem water tribe girls thou... Unf.

Welp, I always forget to write an intro, so I guess I may as well actually do one this time. 

Yo! I'm Aerinity. I'm 29, female, work full time, work out 6 days a week. I'll be 30 near the end of this year, and I'm determined to hit goal before I get there.

I was born and grew up on the East coast of the US in New England. Nine years ago I moved to the other side of the country (California!) because it was the furthest I could move away from my blood family and still live in the same country, it wasn't a sea of white people, and hey look! There's a lot of homo's out here too! To say my life's been rocky would be a joke. It's been like a thunder storm hit head on with a tornado and a snow storm all at once that triggered a rockslide. It's kind of hilarious looking back on it in some regards. It's made me a very patient, understanding and accepting person though in the end. In fact, it's made me too nice for my own good. That's something I need to change. I need to learn how to be more of a fucking douche bag, and not feel bad about it. 

This year I'm going to quit my job. I'm not sure when in this year that will happen, and if I'll have another job lined up before I quit or not, but I am going to quit because it does nothing but upset me, and bore me. I had a discussion recently with someone I'd just met. They had a very valid point that if something is more boring than not, it's clearly something you shouldn't be doing anymore. So. Fuck my job. I'm debating how much I want to fuck them over before I leave, or if I want to go peacefully. I could use to burn some bridges sometimes instead of always taking the high road. In both my job, and my life. 

On a note related to things I need to change! 

I've been at this fitness thing since about May 7th of 2014 when I said to myself if one of my former friends could work out six days a week, I could too.  

Since then I've lost just short of 100lbs, have gone from a men's 2XL and 48 pants size to a men's M t-shirt and 38 pants size (probably closer to a 36 now actually), have brought my lean mass up to 64% ( over 150lbs of lean mass still), and am aiming for a lean mass of 78%, because if I'm going to do this, I may as well really fucking do it. That means I probably have about another 30-50lbs of fat to lose.

I want:

• An eight minute mile
  • A 200lb bench press
  • A 700lb leg press
  • A 400lb deadlift
  • To pick up a grown man with one arm
  • To be able to stare someone in the eye and tell them to get the fuck out of my way because I could bench press them.

I recently uploaded pictures to facebook (I haven't upload pictures in years because I used to hate myself, and how I looked in them) and friends that I've known for a decade and longer didn't recognize me. 

Here's me now: 

Flowers%20and%20pandas.jpgFastball_1.jpg

And this was me in 2011.

2011%20pic%20of%20me.jpg

I'm an emotional eater, and it's taken me a long time to recognize that. I've also had a lot of issues with portion size realization. I still have problems with this, which means I've resorted to weighing just about everything I eat out on a scale, or buying pre-packaged portions. 

I started doing fitness stuff for health reasons, then when I lost enough weight to not be so worried about my health, it turned into vanity, and then it turned into a desperate grab at being accepted/trying to make myself more attractive in regards to the romantic relationship I was in when I shouldn't have given a fuck. Yet, isn't that the tangled web we weave for ourselves when we get caught up in semi-toxic thoughts, and grasp for acceptance while trying to figure out where we've gotten lost, and what we can ever possibly do to make everything right again?  I felt like I was never enough, and that I was by no means good enough, and I linked that feeling of not being good enough to be loved in the way I wished things could have been - on some level - to my looks. That romantic relationship ended officially about a month ago, but really - if I think about it long enough - was dead long before then. Hindsight is 20/20. 

Over the course of my adventures I've irritated my left rotator cuff, impinged my right shoulder, over strained my lower back to the point of being recommended a new exercise regimen at one point. However, fuck that.

I'm here to blow shit up. 

korra-avatar-state-2-o.gif

EARTH: 

tumblr_inline_mu68zufuZp1qbvsbs.gif

tumblr_mpdxfuyMdj1s5eqbmo1_500.gif

tumblr_mpdxfuyMdj1s5eqbmo2_500.gif

tumblr_mpdxfuyMdj1s5eqbmo4_500.gif

tumblr_mpdxfuyMdj1s5eqbmo3_500.gif

STRENGTH! 

Accept destruction. 

Weigh in: 

Bench: 55lbs (plated)/100lbs (total)

Deadlift: 140lbs (plated)/185lbs (total)

Leg press: 440lbs (plated)/475lbs (total)

Goal: 

Bench: 105lbs (plated)/150lbs (total)

Deadlift: 180lbs (plated)/225lbs (total)

Leg press: 515lbs (plated)/550lbs (total)

Outline: This one is pretty self explanatory. Build muscle and strength. Accept that pain comes with this. Accept that things must be broken down and destroyed before progress can be made. Accept and embrace that for my own well being in fitness, health, and my life, I must cause destruction.

WIND:

Tenzin_airbending.gif

tumblr_ndymqq0tbo1rti868o6_500.gif

tumblr_m5d4zbpire1r2rlh6o2_500.gif

SPEED!

Accept removal.

Weigh in:

Mile: 9mins 30secs

2 miles: 22mins

5k: 45mins

Goal:

Mile: 9mins

2 miles: 21mins

5k: 40mins

Outline: Get faster. Make better times. Accept that in order to make speed, progress one must be removed from themselves, and others. Accept that sometimes you must physically remove yourself as quickly as possible from situations of even potential harm. 

WATER: 

tumblr_mq78wnNxeb1rcv38bo2_500.gif

3803555-tumblr_ma3n6tan221rfr4i6o1_500_z

tumblr_mt6je6ajQz1rfr4i6o1_500.gif

tumblr_m6pp5u9E8h1r6obgro4_r4_250.gif

PEACE!

Accept change.

Weigh in:

Silence: 10 mins/week. 

Job apps: 0 per week.

Meditate: 10 mins/week. 

Goal:

Silence: 20 mins/day. 

Job apps: 5 per week.

Meditate: 50mins/week. 

Outline:  Become comfortable with my own thoughts. Become comfortable with a lack of thought. Move towards the inevitable changes that must occur instead of struggling against them. Embrace change. Embrace internal monologue. Acceptance and embracement of forward change, and acceptance. Heal. 

FIRE:

f1335ff31f6069e051c1c2b0d9bdee8d.jpg

tumblr_mno8q1vCCw1rtcxbuo1_500.gif

6769ce23b344c2942ecac39b4ee33d89.jpg

tumblr_lxuw2gZKHE1qh4b99.gif

PASSION! 

Accept anger. 

Weigh in:

Write: 0mins per week.

Music/Art: 10 mins per week.

Touch: 0 times per week.

Fight: 20mins per week.

Goal:

Write: 150mins per week.

Music/Art: 120 mins per week.

Touch: 5 (or more) times per week. 

Fight: 80mins per week.

Outline: Embrace strong emotions. Embrace things that fill me with fire, anger, and passion. Remind myself of who I was, and what it is I've loved, and what I've given up that has made me feel like I've lost parts of myself. Embrace the things that make me feel alive. Engage in more actions of physical affection. I've always feared the anger and fire inside of me as a destructive force that would upset, unbalance, and destroy. While fire, passion, and anger can do these things, they can also create things anew. A phoenix rises from the ashes of flame. 

REWARDS:

1. Low level (25% complete): Wardrobe replacement.
  2. Mid level (66% complete):  Passport.
  3. Full completion (100% complete): 1 additional trip out of country or 2 extra trips in country. 

tumblr_ngtegbqikb1ro0n55o5_500.gif?w=500

Race: Alive | Class: Ranger | Level: 7 | STATS: Whoops~ (Yes, that's totally a stat! I checked, I swear!... >.>)

Understand that everyone needs time. Understand that everyone deserves patience. Understand that healing, and change take countless seconds, minutes and hours before real health of body and mind can be obtained at all.

"Everything lost is meant to be found."

Becoming a part of the X-men: #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | Current

What I learned from this challenge?

• Back injuries suck. You basically can do close to nothing when you have one. 

Even with that I managed to complete the following:

Earth:

• None completed, because back injury.

Wind:

• 1 mile run time: N/A
  • 2 mile run time: 20 mins
  • 3.1 mile run time: 38mins

Water:

• Silence: Crushed it
  • Meditate: Done.
  • Job Apps: Got some in, but between injury, an entrepreneurial adventure, and finals, this became far harder than expected.

Fire: 

• Write: Didn't get this all in, but did more than I had.
  • Music/Art: Nailed it.
  • Touch: Slam dunked this one, and didn't realize how little I had in my life until I started paying closer attention to it. 
  • Fight: Couldn't fight due to back injury.
  • Like 1

Race: Alive | Class: Ranger | Level: 7 | STATS: Whoops~ (Yes, that's totally a stat! I checked, I swear!... >.>)

Understand that everyone needs time. Understand that everyone deserves patience. Understand that healing, and change take countless seconds, minutes and hours before real health of body and mind can be obtained at all.

"Everything lost is meant to be found."

Becoming a part of the X-men: #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | Current