Megalopanic tracks stuff.

Challenge thread.
Introduction thread.

post-38025-0-66798500-1428753475_thumb.j

This is me in my current state. Not too horrible lookwise, definitely too horrible strenghtwise.

Starting body stats:
Height: 156 cm / 5.1 ft.
Weight: 52.1 kg / 115 lb.
Waist: 66.5 cm / 26.2 in.
Hips: 90 cm / 35.5 in.
Left thigh: 55.5 cm 21.9 in.
Left (somehow freakishly muscular) calf: 35 cm / 13.8 in.
Left arm: 28 cm / 11 in.
Left forearm: 22.5 cm / 8.9 in.
Left wrist: 13.5 cm / 5.3 in.
Neck: 29 cm / 11.4 in.
BF: According to calculators, somewhere around 25 %. According to a Tanita scale 22.2 % (there's no way it's that low).

Starting strenght stats:
Squat: 35 kg.
Deadlift: 47.5 kg.
Bench press: 21 kg.
Overhead press: 22.5 kg.

post-38025-0-66798500-1428753475_thumb.j

• Like 1

Level 2 imp recruit. STR 5 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 0

Intro thread | Challenge thread | Battle log

Squat progress (35 kg - 50 kg)

0%
0%
Deadlift progress (47.5 kg - 50 kg)
0%
0%
My very tiny weight loss journey (53 kg - 50 kg). Current weight 52,3 kg.
23%
23%

Week 1:

Monday:

I had a consultation with a PT and am going to work with him for the next 10 weeks. I didn't have the confidence to work out by myself during the daytime when there were people around at the gym and going late at night would really mess up my sleep schedule, since I'm waking up at 5:30 tomorrow. That means weight training officially starts on Friday. 

I ate a paleo-ish enough lunch, even though there was a dash of cream and about four cannellini beans in my tomato soup. I'm not going to worry about legumes or dairy too much, though. I don't think they will instantly kill me or make me fat. Unless, of course, I eat a bowl of whipped cream for lunch every day, which I haven't been tempted to do so far. If I get uncontrollable cream cravings I might reconsider.

Weights (-)

School (X)

Paleo-ish lunch (X)

Tuesday:

Every day when I get up at 5:30 to do yoga is a day to be proud of. I was very inflexible today, though, which made me feel just a tiny bit like a failure. Because we all know that our level of flexibility is what define us as persons. 

Actually, this whole day has been about failures. I got stuck on a minor piece of code for several hours which prevented me from getting further with my project and when I finally solved the problem I realized I have much more work to do than I thought. And I really didn't bring my best dancing game to lindy practice. I repeatedly lost track of the steps and had to apologize and start over. It seemed to happen to a lot of people today, though.

Yoga (X)

School (X)

Paleo-ish lunch (X)

Lindy hop (X) 

• Like 1

0%
0%
0%
0%
23%
23%

I think I'm actually going to make a new post for each weekday. At least when I'm in a rant mood, which I clearly am today.

Week 1, continued:

Wednesday:

Oh, what a shitty day. I woke up at 5:30 after just four hours of sleep and decided that I valued a couple of hours of additional shut-eye more than yoga. This was a mistake. I woke up the second time at 7:00 and spent the next 30 minutes reading stuff on my phone before I reluctantly crawled out of bed and into the shower. So far, so kind of good. 

After the shower I went to get some breakfast and realized that my tasty breakfast smoothie that I prepared yesterday before I went to bed had changed and was now not very tasty at all and had a sort of grassy/earthy after taste. I don't know why that happened. Perhaps the acidity of the berries reacted with the peanut butter or the almond milk (I don't know if that is a thing. This is just wild speculations), perhaps it just tasted a lot better in a semi frozen, sort of ice cream like state. I managed to make it relatively palatable by adding lime juice and quite a lot of brown sugar, but it still wasn't the most inspiring breakfast I've had in my life. 

Then I was just going to check some things on my computer. For about six hours. I now know a lot about normal weight obesity, artificial intelligence, what my classmate from middle school ate for dinner the past few weeks, baby animals and procrastination. Yes, I procrastinated by reading about procrastination. Kudos to me for actually googling "paragraph tokenizer"! Too bad I didn't get around to going through the search results. That's a solid six seconds of actual work done today. 

Goals for today have changed from

Yoga (-)

Going to school (-)

Eat a paleo-ish lunch (X)

to

Wear clothes ... (X)

... in which you can leave the apartment (X)

Leave the apartment (X) 

Lesson learned:

No skipping yoga. 

0%
0%
0%
0%
23%
23%

Week 1, continued:

Thursday:

Pretty good day overall. I got up in time for yoga, went to yoga class, went to school, did a decent-ish amount of work before having a paleo-ish lunch and a decent (not -ish) amount of work after lunch.

One might question my decision to end the day before my first session with a personal trainer with ice cream and cava (just one glass, though), but one might also question your mom.

Yoga (X)

Go to school (X)

Have a glass of wine (X)

• Like 1

0%
0%
0%
0%
23%
23%

Week 1, continued:

Friday:

I had my first work out session with my PT and did max tests for squats, deadlifts and bench presses. Doing 1 RMs is fun! It turned out my deadlift was better than expected, and at 47.5 kg I'm fairly close to one of my goals. It shouldn't be a problem to achieve it during these six weeks, I think. After working out I decided to skip school and my paleo-ish lunch and go visit a friend that I don't see very often. We had pasta and watched Game of Thrones and it was totally worth it.

Weight lifting (X)

School (-)

Paleo-ish lunch (-) 

Saturday and Sunday:

Weekends are off days, but I did squeeze in a low carb (and delicious) dinner on Saturday. Does that count as a paleo-ish lunch? Probably not.

0%
0%
0%
0%
23%
23%

Week 2:

Monday:

PT session again. It turns out I can overhead press more than I bench which, apparently, is not normal. 

Afterwards, my legs were so weak from squatting that I had difficulties climbing a chair to put my dinner veggies in the microwave several hours later. I do feel reasonably alright today, though. I thought that I would be in a lot of pain, but it's not too bad. Though, walking down stairs is not the least bit enjoyable.

School (X)

Paleo-ish lunch (X)

Weights (X)

Tuesday:

Not only did I get up in time for yoga, but I also managed to squeeze in a quick pre-yoga shower. Yay me!

After yoga class I wandered aimlessly around the grocery store to find something to eat for lunch until the shop assistants started giving me weird looks. I must have been in there for at least 30 minutes. I finally settled on some gyozas, which put the -ish in paleo-ish so hard that they kick the paleo part right out the door. I really need to start batch cooking lunches.

If I don't get run over by a car or something equally dramatic, I will attend lindy class, so I'm going to give myself a premature pass for it.

Yoga (X)

School (X)

Paleo-ish lunch (-)

Lindy hop (X) 

0%
0%
0%
0%
23%
23%

Week 2 continued:

Wednesday: 

I was to sore from lifting to attend yoga. Walking downstairs was not my favorite thing to do. At least I got to school before noon. Failed lunch again.

Yoga (-)

School (X)

Lunch (-)

Thursday:

Yoga class was cancelled. I got to school around 11 a.m., which I guess is a pass, even though it's much later than I would like. Ate a delicious salmon and mozzarella salad that I had prepared the evening before and even let my briefcase taste some of the dressing. I'm not sure it liked it, though.

Yoga (-)

School (X)

Lunch (X)

Friday:

Did a back and chest workout with my PT. I have the weakest, puniest pecs the world has ever seen. I think my bad technique is equally to blame, though.

After work I went to school, talked about music for an hour and then went for a not so paleo-ish lunch with my friends. My go to school goal didn't say anything about doing actual work, so I guess that's fine. And I really need to get back on lunch track.

Lifting (X)

School (X)

Lunch (-)

0%
0%
0%
0%
23%
23%

Week 3:

Monday:

I hate this! I felt incredibly weak during today's workout. In part, I think, because I'd just had lunch, which made me feel a bit tired and sluggish. I need to figure out a way to plan my eating around the Monday workouts. Perhaps I should have a snack before the workout and eat lunch afterwards. Too bad I can't work out on an empty stomach. Hunger, unfortunately, makes me dizzy, weak, shaky and sad.

I also have a hard time not eating above my maintenance, especially on work out days, since my past work out snacks leaves very little room for dinner. Ideally I would need something that's filling, high in protein and below 200 kcal. Alas, the only thing I have found that meets my requirements (not sure about the filling part) is protein shakes, which would be great if it wasn't for the fact that I really can't stand the taste of artificial sweeteners.

I'm also thinking about skipping the paleo lunch goal. It actually makes me even less likely to bring food from home, since I can't just put yesterday's leftovers in a box. Perhaps bringing home cooked food is a better goal?

School (X)

Lunch (-)

Lifting (X) 

0%
0%
0%
0%
23%
23%