Kaylya works on Consistency

Kaylya

Things I have learned: This is a busy time of year for bike tune ups, and they're booking for mid June now (I was anticipating more like a week or two..). I can take it in to get the spoke fixed though. I guess tomorrow morning I'll ride it over to a bike shop first thing and then maybe run home :)

• Like 1

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

2km (as 5x400m with about 1 minute in between) in 53 minutes. First and last were slower and a mix of strokes for warmup/cooldown, in the middle I did freestyle in 8:42, 9:11, and 9:29. Was definitely feeling tired by the end of that third one!

Bike is in the shop. Hopefully they get to it today..

• Like 1

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

Bike fixed, wetsuit rental arranged for tri (which is now less than a month away!), and also bought a pair of tri shorts. I was on the fence on the tri shorts, but she suggested I put on a pair to try the wetsuit on with and by the time I was done with that they were pretty sweaty which threw me over the fence :P

• Like 1

Yesterday:

Rode bike 10km to a practice for my Ultimate team, then ran around for 45 minutes, then rode back with a stop for a sandwich ;)

Today (Happy Victoria Day!)

Ran 5.6km on a trail route near me.

This past week (mainly during the week rather than the weekend I guess) has not been a great one motivation wise, but I'm pretty happy with how much I've gotten done given that!

• Like 1

So - Saturday I was at the pool, just finished my warmup and did what was going to be a fast 200m, when I started feeling pain in my chest. I stopped that at 50m, then rested, and tried a couple more easy 50m sets. It would settle down when resting then feel bad while swimming. So, I stopped my workout, and when an hour later it still hurt I decided I should go to the ER to get checked out. A few hours of waiting followed by a few hours of getting poked and x-rayed and EKG'd and they ruled out the serious things (pulmonary embolism, heart issue). So I was sent home with instructions to go see my Dr on Monday and to come back if I felt worse. Sunday morning, I still felt about the same. I decided to cautiously go for a bike ride with my husband and see how I felt, and it was fine (though I wasn't pushing myself).

I still feel about the same now - I hurt a little, particularly on a deep breath or certain movements. My Dr thinks its inflammation of the cartilage in my ribs and that it will go away on it's own but might take a few days. I needed to see my Dr soon anyways for other things, and got those taken care of too :)

Ouch.  Hope you feel better soon!  Two weeks to the next challenge and hopefully you are feeling better well before then.  About how long does it take for that inflammation to go away?

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Less than 2 weeks to my Tri!

I've been feeling really sluggish all week - I assume related to recovering from my chest thing (which has been annoying). I have been training, just feeling slow... I seem to be doing a lot better today. When I swam and ran yesterday I felt soooo slow...

Biked over 35km in about 1:45 today, a portion of which was on the exact road my Tri will be on. I wanted to get at least one ride in that would take about as long as the whole tri. Felt a lot better during this ride than on others this week (I suppose except towards the end ;)) And I'd been slacking on bricks - I did one on Friday after biking home from work. 

My running volume declined a little more in May vs. April than I intended.

• Like 1