Ensi - Sweet Summer Alien (Challenge #5)

Ensi

"Thank you for vittu"

*howls from laughter because "vittu" basically means "lady parts"*

998801438.jpg

Please accept my apologies for thanking you for your lady parts! ;) (although I am also howling with laughter LOLOLOLOL)

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Please accept my apologies for thanking you for your lady parts! ;) (although I am also howling with laughter LOLOLOLOL)

My lady parts accept your apology :D I just started thinking about the situations where you could say that... LOLOLOLOLO Also, there's a Finnish television show, The Joulukalenteri ("The Christmas Calendar") where they talk partly in English and partly in Finnish, and that's part of the fun. "It's hard to be a tonttumies" is one of the songs, check it out on Youtube!

Got another X this morning, when I hit the gym! Rowing machine for 10 min + kettlebells and bodyweight movements for 20 min + rowing for 5 min.

I felt really bad this morning, but working out really helped me to clear my head. I've been a bit down lately, thinking about all sorts of stuff that I can't even fix, and not being able to exercise has just made it worse. All the negative thinking has actually made me very tired, so today I started hitting my negative thoughts with positive ones. I felt the bad energy just flowing out when I was rowing and listening to some music! My throat has been OK today, and I hope to keep exercising regularly from now on :)

Maybe a bit too much info in brackets:

{ There are some things in my past that make it difficult to trust people, but I'm going to try something my friend did with her therapist: when a negative thought appears, I debunk it and replace it with a positive one. Trusting people and being vulnerable are two things that I'm very much afraid of, but I really, really want to do it. I believe that I can do it one day, but it might be a long process. I've already made a lot of progress in a few years, and I just need to keep working on it. }

I made a study plan for the next weeks, and all the workload seems a lot more tolerable already! Ready to keep going for a couple more exams D8< Right now I'm on a lecture, and I'm starting to wonder whether it's wise for me to take this course now or not... :D

Bonus: Got some salmiakki today! Hopeatoffee, it's the best <3 And they sell small bars these days (20g), no need to buy a big bag of them...

• Like 2

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

Here we go: another X for avoiding aliens! (So much red... I'll turn every succesful week green!)

The gym obviously knocked my head back in it's place, and I finally got back to studying properly :) Writing my worries here is really helpful... I'm thinking of updating my blog today or tomorrow! I have some new material, and I'd really much like to draw Ron Swanson, the light of my days.

• Like 2

"It's hard to be a tonttumies" is one of the songs, check it out on Youtube!

I watched the video just before working out and have had the song in my head ALL day! 

Here we go: another X for avoiding aliens! (So much red... I'll turn every succesful week green!)

The gym obviously knocked my head back in it's place, and I finally got back to studying properly :) Writing my worries here is really helpful... I'm thinking of updating my blog today or tomorrow! I have some new material, and I'd really much like to draw Ron Swanson, the light of my days.

I am glad going to the gym helped, sometimes we need to let off steam like that. It's good to pay attention to areas of you life you'd like to improve and moving ahead with as little baggage as possible is a great way to do this.

Enjoy your salmiakki! (I still want to try it, even after I read stuff like this - read definition no 2 lololololol) 

• Like 1

I am glad going to the gym helped, sometimes we need to let off steam like that. It's good to pay attention to areas of you life you'd like to improve and moving ahead with as little baggage as possible is a great way to do this.

True, true. A lot of baggage has been cast off the wagon window, but some still remains. One luggage at a time, I suppose...!

Enjoy your salmiakki! (I still want to try it, even after I read stuff like this - read definition no 2 lololololol) 

Couldn't read definition no 2. It had a very strong scent of fear and wekness. Most of Finns are very allergic to them both.

Couldn't read definition no 2. It had a very strong scent of fear and wekness. Most of Finns are very allergic to them both.

No you're right, those are definitely the words of a little bitch. 

No you're right, those are definitely the words of a little bitch. 

Oh gosh :DDD

Another day worth of an X!

Since shopping cheered me up last Friday, I organized my wardrobe today. Gathered a pile of clothes that I'm going to donate away, and I'm going to wash the clothes that I'm keeping :) Maybe I've been feeling a bit down because I haven't had any energy to keep my apartment (or myself) organized...? I've felt really nice wearing my new clothes (a new top with printed giraffes + a sand cardigan! how cool is that), so it's time to start scheduling some time for me D8< Now that I have my study plan, I actually do have a lot better sense of how I'm using my time.

Still having some anxiety symptoms (tummy hurts, boooo), but my mood is a lot better and I have more energy than a couple of days ago. I'm thinking of taking a walk now, reading a couple of articles afterwards aaaand finally update my blog today! Also, time to start setting up PostgreSQL + Eclipse on my computer. My group and I discussed our project today, and I think it's not going to be as arduous as I thought. They're very smart people, happy to be in the same group with them :D

Hopefully everyone's having a wonderful Thorsday!

• Like 2

Can't update blog today: it's already dark outside, and I can't get proper pics of my drawings with fake light! Gotta wait until tomorrow to get proper pictures... I'll write all the text that'll be in the update, though :D

... also, now I have some time to watch Parks and Recreation. *humming the theme*

• Like 1

Another X acchieved: I hit the gym this morning (10 minutes rowing + 30 minutes of strength training + stretching + 5 min rowing), which means that I have completed 3/3 workouts this week. Hurah!

Today's to-do list consists of article reading, getting PostgreSQL collaborate with Eclipse and updating my blog. I'm gonna try and create a database of some sort during the weekend so that I can practise making SQL queries. I'm finding that Spyro the Dragon soundtracks are great to have in the background while working :D

• Like 2

Oh, pretty deer! I think I should follow your example and do some drawing too. It's been a while since I have picked up my pencils.

And well done with avoiding those aliens. But I think they have all travelled here, since I am beset by them. :D

• Like 1

~ All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Ranger

STR: 10.5 / DEX: 1 / STA: 2.9 / CON: 22 / WIS: 2 / CHA: 1

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Current challenge

Battle Log: No Quitting!

Nerdfit character: here

Oh, pretty deer! I think I should follow your example and do some drawing too. It's been a while since I have picked up my pencils.

And well done with avoiding those aliens. But I think they have all travelled here, since I am beset by them. :D

Thank you! And you should definitely draw something! It would be lovely to see your art :)

Oh noooo :o Shoo, aliens, shoo! Shoo!!

Managed to get PostgreSQL and Eclipse work together, which wasn't as brain-paining as I was expecting...! I did have to install a Data Tool Packet for Eclipse, but all in all, it was OK. I have tested our course's example program, and I'm getting information from the example database to Eclipse command prompt. Hurah!

Did my laundry this morning. There was also a Belgian exchange student, who couldn't pay for using the laundry machine: her phone operator was Belgian, and it only worked with a Finnish one (oh, the time when stuff worked with coins...). Couldn't leave her there with dirty laundry, so I paid the machine for her. It's only 1,5 euros, so if I can help someone out with such a small money, I'm happy to. She arrived here just last week, so it's taking her a while to get the hang of things :D Hopefully she'll get a Finnish phone operator soon!

So far I've seen no aliens today. Went for a walk in the forest earlier, and took a nap afterwards. I'm expecting my friends to arrive in an hour: we got so pumped up for the new Star Wars trailer, that we're going to watch A New Hope and eat waffles (with bacon and sausages)!

Who else is pumped for the new Star Wars trailer??

• Like 3

Another X earned yesterday :) We had waffles with bacon, sausages, whipped cream and strawberry jam... YUM MUCH??

So, I watched a couple of episodes of Parks and Rec while doing my laundry this morning. It was the episode where Leslie is about to run for city council again, and Jennifer Barkley tells her to dream bigger.

And I started thinking... I'm not dreaming big enough anymore. I'm doing the best with my studies and all, but I haven't thought about what I'm going to do when it's time to choose a career. I've been a bit scared and uncertain, thinking that I can't do things. But I've probably been a bit bummed out, because I'm trying to fit into this lifestyle I have right now - while the fact remains that it's not the final place for me. I need more challenges and I want to do work that matters. My fear of commitment has made me back away from important causes, but only now I'm starting to see that I'd like to be a part of... something. Not sure what career I'm going to pick in the future. Something with technology and language interests me. Time to get dreaming bigger!

• Like 3

Not the smartest day, when it comes to eating, but: X! Acchieved all my goals this week :)

Actually got another workout today! I went to a nearby hill. There are stairs, which I ran up and down a few times. Just a little interval session to spice up my Sunday :Dmy legs are dying, yet growing stronger

• Like 2

Well done with keeping aliens at bay. I think mine got afraid of you also and escaped. :D

And yes, dream! How else you will eventually go forward and do great things?

Also, if you want to take a peek, this is where I put most of my doodles: Visits to the Pencil Case

• Like 1

~ All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Ranger

STR: 10.5 / DEX: 1 / STA: 2.9 / CON: 22 / WIS: 2 / CHA: 1

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Current challenge

Battle Log: No Quitting!

Nerdfit character: here

Thank you both!

Yesterday I was having a severe case of PMS, so: Medic Alien Encounter of the challenge #1! Had some dark chocolate with gardamum and coffee, my favourite :)

Morning weight: 83 kg... It's been stressful again, and I haven't been paying enough attention to what I'm eating T__T Starting working out after a pause also makes me always gain one or two kg. Taking all this into consideration, I'm just aiming to maintain my weight this way until the stress wears out. I was first thinking about taking some summer studies, but instead I'm going to have the summer to myself! :D I'll concentrate on losing weight and building healthy habits. There's always too much stress to focus completely on myself, so I'm going to do it this summer. That's what I did last summer, and I'm interested in seeing, what I can acchieve this summer :)

There's still time to summer, though, so I'm going to keep doing my very best with my current goals. And chill.

• Like 1

Week #1 was a success, but I need to get a few things clear so that wekk #2 will be a success as well.

1) FOOD COMES FIRST. I always get excited with working out, and then I work out too hard. Sprinting up and down the stairs was definitely fun, but also too hard. I'm a bit worn out and hungry today, which reminds me that losing weight is all about the food. I don't need to do any insane exercises in order to lose weight - actually, working out too hard will increase my appetite, which makes losing weight even harder.

2) YOU DON'T NEED TO WORK YOUR A** OFF. Just do your regular gym exercises 3 times a week, and concentrate on the food 24/7.

Let's carry on with week #2 :D

• Like 3

I have been gone a little bit but I am back now 

Leslie-Knope-Happy-to-See-Bestie.gif

And have finally caught up! Great to see you're doing well with your challenge and we are both being badass alien hunting machines! 

• Like 1

I have been gone a little bit but I am back now 

Leslie-Knope-Happy-to-See-Bestie.gif

From my point of view, I was certain that I'm Leslie and you're Ann (because that is my reaction to you being back), but you probably meant it the other way around :DD Oh that sugar high episode was precious... I miss Ann! Just started season 7...

Got an X from Alien Combat and another from hitting the gym this morning :) X

Did a light workout, because my legs are still tired from all the sprinting that happened on Sunday. I'm also going to cut down on fruits and dairy from now on :) I'm having an exam tomorrow morning, oh goooosh

All the text is in bolted red, because I can't change it back. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAA I LOOK EVIL

• Like 1

From my point of view, I was certain that I'm Leslie and you're Ann (because that is my reaction to you being back), but you probably meant it the other way around :DD Oh that sugar high episode was precious... I miss Ann! Just started season 7...

Haha, you have no idea how "Leslie Knope" I actually am.... LOL I haven't seen season 7 yet but I am really sad Ann left :(

Good luck on your exam tomorrow and on the cutting down on fruit and dairy - those have been my crutches since I gave up chocolate! 

• Like 1