Ensi - Sweet Summer Alien (Challenge #5)

Ensi

Haha, you have no idea how "Leslie Knope" I actually am.... LOL I haven't seen season 7 yet but I am really sad Ann left :(

Good luck on your exam tomorrow and on the cutting down on fruit and dairy - those have been my crutches since I gave up chocolate! 

Leslie Knope gets stuff done and is a warm, considerate person - yep, that's you, all right! <3

Thanks! I've been slipping with dairy and fruit, but now I'm putting tabs on them. Veggies, lean meat, healthy fats! D8<

Good luck on your exam! Would pretending that the exam is an alien work as well?

Thank you! :D The exam went well: I got 18/24, which is well enough to pass...! Didn't really feel too motivated about the course, and I'm happy that I scored that high :)

Another on it's way. My body and mind are recovering from all the stress, and I don't feel so hungry. I also have no dairy or fruits in the house, and I'm loading up on veggies. Today I'm going to get some homework done, and I have some painting plans for the weekend... Might hit the gym tomorrow, but today is rest day :)

• Like 3

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

Well done on your exam, Ensi! Yay!

Eh, why no fruit? I really like my fruit smoothies (with addition of spinach, kale, or something else green) - they give me energy to start the day. Are they too sugar-loaded for your purposes?

• Like 1

~ All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Ranger

STR: 10.5 / DEX: 1 / STA: 2.9 / CON: 22 / WIS: 2 / CHA: 1

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Current challenge

Battle Log: No Quitting!

Nerdfit character: here

Well done on your exam, Ensi! Yay!

Eh, why no fruit? I really like my fruit smoothies (with addition of spinach, kale, or something else green) - they give me energy to start the day. Are they too sugar-loaded for your purposes?

Thanks, Al! <3 I'm skipping fruit for a few weeks. I'm snacking on banana and grapes, which indeed brings too much sugar in my system T__T Ooooh your smoothies sound delicious...! I'll have more fruit once I've dropped a bit of weight! :D

75 kg is my goal weight for this year... Not getting there too fast, but I'm doing my very best with all the stress :D I'm doing my best every day, but the stress has made me go back into some bad habits. At least I'm staying away from chocolate, but dairy and fruit have been a bit too prominent... Luckily it's summer soon: I will be doing cleaning work every day for a few hours, and I'm not going to take any summer studies. Just relaxing and focusing on building healthy eating habits. And watching good movies and reading good books... Ah!

• Like 1

WELL DONE ON YOUR EXAM!

YEAAAH! THANK YOU 8D

So, yesterday I had to put a stop on some binging. Sometimes you just gotta look into mirror and say, "You can do better than this, OK? You do not need that yoghurt, OK? Do something else." I'm having some pretty unpleasant PMS symptoms, but I'm doing my very best to stay healthy. One meal at a time! I'm going to see, how avoiding dairy and fruit is going to affect my PMS symptoms in the long run (I've read that dairy makes PCOS symptoms worse... But it's so gooooood x__x). 

Now I'm finishing my homework for today's lesson! Might hit the gym later for a light workout :)

• Like 3

So, yesterday I had to put a stop on some binging. Sometimes you just gotta look into mirror and say, "You can do better than this, OK? You do not need that yoghurt, OK? Do something else." I'm having some pretty unpleasant PMS symptoms, but I'm doing my very best to stay healthy. One meal at a time! I'm going to see, how avoiding dairy and fruit is going to affect my PMS symptoms in the long run (I've read that dairy makes PCOS symptoms worse... But it's so gooooood x__x). 

You're so controlled, Ensi. So many people struggle with binges (me included) but you just managed to bullseye the whole problem with that self-talk. I love how you can do this. 

How are you limiting your fruit and dairy? Are you having x amount a day or cutting it completely?

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

You're so controlled, Ensi. So many people struggle with binges (me included) but you just managed to bullseye the whole problem with that self-talk. I love how you can do this. 

It's not easy, because when you keep binging on something, you can't see what you're doing - it's just "oh, I'll have some more. It won't hurt me. I'll have one more portion. And then some." And that mindset is super strong! Breaking it is very hard... The worst part is recognizing your own BS, I guess. The part where you go "oh, this food won't hurt me". YES IT WILL. It'll ruin your progress. I just have to tell myself that I'm a grown adult, who can deal with bad feelings in ways that don't keep me from acchieving my health goals.

I'm like a child, really. Therefore, I probably need to be my own parent, right? :D I tell myself not to eat all the stuff. Yeah, I do get upset and cry and "I WANT IIIIIIIIT RROOOAAARRRGGGH" but the adult side of me just goes on with business. is this bad parenting?

I just trust the progress. I know that it only takes a couple of days to get the momentum going - and when the momentum is on, there's no stopping! :)

How are you limiting your fruit and dairy? Are you having x amount a day or cutting it completely?

I only have some sour cream here at home. I'm having half a fruit and a small glass of butter milk during lunch. The University's restaurants always offer fruit, so I'm getting a small portion there :) Just not having it at home, where I can go "yay, grapes!" one hundred times a day :D

Check this site out: http://www.sugarstacks.com/fruits.htm

• Like 1

The gym was crowded, so I came back home and completed the Nerd Fitness Beginner Bodyweight Workout. Classic :D Getting back my momentum! But I'm going to fly low for now, though. I feel a bit soft and squishy. (what movie is that from... Ah, Kung Fu Panda!)

Had some fruit and butter milk with lunch. I'll go for a walk a little later and do some stretching afterwards. I just started a new painting, which is a bit different from what I usually do... Hopefully I'll get the blog updated during the weekend!

• Like 2

Grapes are like candy omg it's best to never buy them. Can go through an entire box in one sitting.

I know, right?? o__o So delicious!

An X for Alien Combat and another one for BBWW: X :) Tomorrow I don't need to go anywhere, so I'm going to stay home and get prepared for weekend!

No, wait...

AGE OF ULTRON TOMORROW!!!!!

• Like 1

YES. When are you going to see it? 8D

Hopefully this weekend or next - as soon as I can muster a few people to go and see it with me! Although, maybe I will go alone. Love a casual solo cinema trip...

• Like 1

Aquatic Elf

Level 2 | STR 0 | DEX 0.5 | STA 1.5 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 1

Challenges 1 2

Hopefully this weekend or next - as soon as I can muster a few people to go and see it with me! Although, maybe I will go alone. Love a casual solo cinema trip...

Seeing movies solo is great! :) I'm not going to tell you anything about Age of Ultron, but be prepared - there might be the new Star Wars trailer before it begins...!

Got another X yesterday, and my momentum is going strong! Started the day by taking a walk and stretching. Right now I'm having a little conflict: Edge of Tomorrow is on Netflix, but I need to polish my bachelor's thesis! Guess which I'm doing?

... I'm actually polishing my bachelor's thesis D8< It's so close to being done... I'm trying to get the analysis and theory done today, and tomorrow I'll go through and try to find all the typos and grammar mistakes. I'm expecting a healthy, 23-page-long bachelor's thesis to be born by Monday :D

Some background noise is always nice while writing:

• Like 3

You rock, Ensi! \m/ \m/ 

And you are going to rock that thesis, too. :star:

So envious - I don't know when I'll get the chance to watch Age of Ultron... *sigh* 

And it's awesome to see you collect all those Xs  - you really make it look easy, though I know it isn't! :)  

Also looking forward to the next blog update, I really enjoy your artwork. (Loved the colors of the deer painting! :wub:

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

You rock, Ensi! \m/ \m/ 

And you are going to rock that thesis, too. :star:

So envious - I don't know when I'll get the chance to watch Age of Ultron... *sigh* 

And it's awesome to see you collect all those Xs  - you really make it look easy, though I know it isn't! :)

Also looking forward to the next blog update, I really enjoy your artwork. (Loved the colors of the deer painting! :wub:

Oh gosh Swamps ;__; You sweet, kind person. I'm gonna do my best to rock! :D You will see Age of Ultron one day, hopefully sooner than later...!

Haha, I remember how horrid my 25-day grid looked, when I started my first X collecting challenge... Now I barely think about chocolate! It's dairy and fruit that's problematic at the moment. Currently I'm having a small portion of both with my lunch :) As I did today: a portion of watermelon in my salad and a small glass of butter milk.

And thank you! It's nice to hear that the deer painting was to your liking - I thought I went a bit bonkers with the colours :D But hey, going bonkers is great... I'm working on a bit bigger painting now, hopefully I'll finish it by tomorrow and can mark the X! :)

Worked on the thesis a couple of hours today and went to have lunch to the Uni restaurant. After that I watched Edge of Tomorrow, which I enjoyed very much! A nice, fresh movie. Gave me a lot to think about :D And Emily Blunt is awesome.

Had to think about my priorities, though... I'm having an exam on Tuesday, and I'd better revise some theory. We're also having a group project in the Databases course, so I had to learn how to program graphical user interfaces - which I'm currently doing. I installed Windowbuilder plugin for Eclipse, which allows me to design the interface by dragging and dropping components, and the code is automatically generated. It's great to see how many tools there are for programming! And Youtube videos are super helpful :D

Anyway, this means that I'm going to keep working with my thesis next Wednesday or Thursday, when the exam and Database project are hopefully finished. But then again... I have no arrangements of any sorts today or tomorrow. Just hours of time and the good old question: "Do you have something better to do?"

Well, I'll probably hit the gym in the morning, but other than that... Nope. I have nothing better to do. Let's get ready for week 3!

• Like 1

You're doing fantastic work! Also thanks for no spoilers! :D You are the best.

Thanks! :D Yeah, spoilers are a sad thing :<

Aye... thesis and exams. But I'm sure you'll be victorious! Only don't forget to breathe and rest a bit now and then. ;)

We'll be victorious, indeed! :) And breathing is actually the topic of today...

This sad, hopeless feeling I've had for a couple of months has gone on for too long. I've let being busy and having a ton of things to do make me feel bummed out. I feel tired and sad and stuck. I'm mostly okay, but there's still sad feeling in the background. After another pep talk with the mirror I grabbed the book Mindfulness by Mark Williams and Danny Penman from my bookshelf. I suffered from eleveted anxiety and panic attacks two years ago, and reading this book and doing the exercises stopped the panic attacks. I just felt very calm and happy about things... Time to start working towards that state of mind again :) Venting out here has helped, but it's better to treat the cause, not symptoms. I've lost the focus, but I know I'll find it again.

Got an X yesterday for no Aliens, and another X today for hitting the gym in the morning. This means that the exercise goal is green! :D

Today's agenda: revise for the exam and practise building a GUI with Eclipse

I'm watching a horrible program about mothers, who are obsessive about their children's weight. This one mother is constantly monitoring, what her daughter eats, and makes her weigh herself three times a day... I have no words. There's a little girl who says she's fat... She's only seven years old. Gosh.

• Like 1

An X for Chocolate Challenge, and another X for updating the blog!

I've had some banana and cottage cheese today, because I went to the gym :) I also got the graphical user interface working, and now I can keep developing it for our group's project. Hurah!

Another week of green. Used one of my Medic Alien encounters, which was really needed. Didn't crave any chocolate after that was over, though!

• Like 1

Love today's blog entry! I can SO relate to Mr. Bear. In both frames. :lol:

YES, it's so weird! I got the GUI working today, and it was so easy that I became very, very suspicious! :D

It's a warm evening (spring!!), so I took a walk. Let's get ready for week 3!

• Like 1

Woot! Two green weeks is all I wanted to see!

Hmm... Either the challenge is too easy or then it's just going very well... In any case, WOOT! :D

Excellent work slaying week 2 Ensi! Let's go week 3!

Thanks! Let's goooo! >8D

Another X for Alien Combat :) I did some walking today, but other than that I've been mostly still, reading for my exam tomorrow... Only one exam left after that one!

Story time! I was walking down the road, when I noticed that The Crush was approaching by another road to my right. He was heading towards the same direction as I was - so I took a sharp left and escaped by a forest trail.

6f2bf2906d90f85d600e6ee249fe9c02.gif

Once I realized how dumb I was, it was already too late to turn back. The level of regret I'm experiencing is off the charts. On the other hand, it's kinda funny  :D

• Like 2