• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Evermist

Return of the Nerdians!

Hello,

Sooo sorry I am late.. I was out completing my challenges!!!

Monday I sat down with an officer and chatted about the job and her recommendations!! She had such good advice that I immediately went to try and implement it. The easiest one to start was Volunteering.

So I volunteered all weekend.

Also Tuesday and Thursday I was in a gun safety class so that I can apply for my gun license here in Canada.

Wednesday was studying.

And Friday was class stuff for my degree.

ON TOP OF MY FULL TIME JOB!!! 

... have I mentioned that I am exhausted????

giphy.gif

Mini Challenge.

Hi All! for those who don't know me, I am Nikki, Natasha IRL, either works. It's probably why I love Natasha Romanoff so much :tongue: Bad ass babe to the hells yeah!

This challenge is really about getting back on the horse. I set out these monstrous goals and they petrified me so much that I kept running out of fear and ambition without a safety net, but the second I hit a bump, I was totally derailed, and it has been hard to get back on that track.

But here I am. I am taking it a little slower. starting with baby steps. Doing insanity only a few times a week instead of 6 days a week. Allowing myself to have some slack and eat some things I want and not stress because I've "just undid everything I have worked for the last 6 months".. have I mentioned I have the tendency to be a drama queen? I can have a treat and not feel bad about it. I need to remind myself of this frequently.

• Like 1

Hello,

Sooo sorry I am late.. I was out completing my challenges!!!

Monday I sat down with an officer and chatted about the job and her recommendations!! She had such good advice that I immediately went to try and implement it. The easiest one to start was Volunteering.

So I volunteered all weekend.

Also Tuesday and Thursday I was in a gun safety class so that I can apply for my gun license here in Canada.

Wednesday was studying.

And Friday was class stuff for my degree.

ON TOP OF MY FULL TIME JOB!!! 

... have I mentioned that I am exhausted????

giphy.gif

Mini Challenge.

Hi All! for those who don't know me, I am Nikki, Natasha IRL, either works. It's probably why I love Natasha Romanoff so much :tongue: Bad ass babe to the hells yeah!

This challenge is really about getting back on the horse. I set out these monstrous goals and they petrified me so much that I kept running out of fear and ambition without a safety net, but the second I hit a bump, I was totally derailed, and it has been hard to get back on that track.

But here I am. I am taking it a little slower. starting with baby steps. Doing insanity only a few times a week instead of 6 days a week. Allowing myself to have some slack and eat some things I want and not stress because I've "just undid everything I have worked for the last 6 months".. have I mentioned I have the tendency to be a drama queen? I can have a treat and not feel bad about it. I need to remind myself of this frequently.

WOW!!! SO MUCH ACCOMPLISHED :D

It's really great that you talked to that officer, I'm so happy to read that you're feeling positive again. All wise on top of it!

If you start obsessing about a bad choice, or a mistake, talk about it on your thread or here! We can help :)

• Like 1

tumblr_n5a5v3eZ011ts8x9po1_500.gif

Heeeee, folks, have a dancing Vader on me! :D Well, looks like everyone had a good first week which is awesome and this is my gift to us all, ahaha. Sorry, I missed the Skype chat (lots of late hour shifts last week) but looks like I'm not the only one. SO! Let's have a great second week, shall we?

tumblr_inline_n0c42rWps71rcrw1m.gif

Let's do this.

• Like 3

Hello! Sorry I'm late - I spent my weekend watching a drama miniseries!

Anyway, my first week went pretty well! Swam, cycled, did everything EXCEPT running, and made quite a bit of progress on all my other goals :) Life's pretty okay at the moment, and school's getting a little harder now, but I'm coming along okay. I've also started tracking my spending in order to save up for a post-grad trip in March! It's going decently, and I'm quite happy with it :)

• Like 1

This week, I need to focus on being focused. XD Sounds plenty weird, but I keep getting distracted during study sessions, and that affects motivation to study and the productivity of the study session. I need to stop failing Economics if I want to get anywhere, so I'll be working on that too.

tumblr_n5mgbfAwZ71sjzbuao1_500.gif

Physical activity-wise, I'll be going running! My plans for running have been postponed repeatedly due to bad weather, and since the forecast for the next few days is sunny (finally!), I'll get a little run in. :)

• Like 1

I need to keep my eye on the prize. I also keep getting distracted.

Question for you ladies... when you have a serious hormonally charged craving for junk food, how do you defer to something less fattening? :P

IT'S OFFICIALLY HALF WAY TO FRIDAY!! WE GOT THIS NERDIANS!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I need to keep my eye on the prize. I also keep getting distracted.

Question for you ladies... when you have a serious hormonally charged craving for junk food, how do you defer to something less fattening? :tongue:

IT'S OFFICIALLY HALF WAY TO FRIDAY!! WE GOT THIS NERDIANS!

Yay for being over the weekday hump!

I would love to hear ideas on this as well. I'm having the same problem. I think my cravings are largely due to the weather. We went from sunny and 70....to snowy and 30. :( 

Stay strong Nikki! You can overcome the junk food cravings. 

Let's keep up this awesome momentum!

1307232360516825.gif

• Like 1

You guys need a bit of Schwarzi!

8no9nxX.gif

My usual go tos:

- tea with milk (almond milk for lactose intolerants), better with a tea that has a strong body like a chai

- Hot cocoa with milk + pure cocoa powder + honey

- if the craving is really bad I make porridge with chocolate chunks: make your porridge, then pour in your bowl. Cut dark chocolate with a knife in big chunks, and sprinkle them on top of the porridge, then mix a little bit. That's definitely quite a few calories, but healthier, so yay.

- houmous and carrot sticks

• Like 3

Hey darlings, 

So, I'm not doing a challenge this time around. But I figure I'd pop in and say hello!

I MISS YOU GIRLS!

Anyway, quick update.

I've signed a lease and am moving into Brooklyn sometime after May 1st (that's when my lease starts) but it's going to take a bit to get my stuff there and whatnot. 

As for fitness and health... Remission is still going strong. Haven't hit the gym in ages... and my diet is terrible. Things are crazy right now so I'm going to re-spawn next challenge for sure. 

Alright. That's me. 

GOOD LUCK, NERDIANS!

• Like 4

Hey darlings, 

So, I'm not doing a challenge this time around. But I figure I'd pop in and say hello!

I MISS YOU GIRLS!

Anyway, quick update.

I've signed a lease and am moving into Brooklyn sometime after May 1st (that's when my lease starts) but it's going to take a bit to get my stuff there and whatnot. 

As for fitness and health... Remission is still going strong. Haven't hit the gym in ages... and my diet is terrible. Things are crazy right now so I'm going to re-spawn next challenge for sure. 

Alright. That's me. 

GOOD LUCK, NERDIANS!

Congrats on your new lease! That's so exciting :D

Thanks for checking in. It's good to hear how you are doing. Can't wait to hear more about your Brooklyn adventure :)

Hello, it is a day after the start of a new week and my question for you is.. 

how you doin??? 

giphy.gif

What is the focus this week, what are hoping to accomplish, what do you need to tweak in your challenge!!! What are you struggling with.. Lay it all out here!! 

• Like 3

week has been going well. workouts are consistently happening (my dog is over the moon about the daily runs!), food is good. I am nervous about my thursday weigh in because last week.. due to lady problems, I bloated so much I gained 6lbs!!!! in a freakin week!!

so... here's hoping it's gone and then some!!! 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

need some serious Nerdian love :(

giphy.gif

I went in for my weigh in, and I was hoping to get rid of the excess weight I'd gained since I assumed it was all from bloating..

nope only lost 1lb.. the extra 5 decided they liked it and wanted to put a ring on it... f*ck me... back right where I started 3 months ago... 

giphy.gif

• Like 2