i haven't tried many (maybe like 3 different types/yogis) but I really like http://www.dirtyyogaco.com/ it's Vinyasa-style yoga and offers a beginners course to learn proper mechanics

bonus: pledge #10 is  "we well, whenever possible, bring more swearing to yoga" gotta love that kind of attitude!

i do love that attitude. it's right up my alley :)

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Yeah I just do basic yoga shit because I used to do it all the time. I guess technically I do Vinyasa Yoga. I've modified my own routine because I basically just use it for stretching off of this video...

• Like 1

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

On that note: Workout done. burpees and pull ups kicked my ass, but I got the rest done.

I did 15 burpees first set then dropped it to 10 for the second two, was only able to do 3 pull ups each set... nothing wrong with that though.

• Like 1

Level 5 Viking Berserker

On that note: Workout done. burpees and pull ups kicked my ass, but I got the rest done.

I did 15 burpees first set then dropped it to 10 for the second two, was only able to do 3 pull ups each set... nothing wrong with that though.

i've not even attempted a pull up in forever. most i've ever done consecutively is like 3, so you've got me beat

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Realized I forgot to report on food for today...

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 3 sausage links, 1 cup spinach, 2 tbsp salsa, handful of brazil nuts, coffee, tea.

Lunch: Leftovers from dinner last night.

Post-workout Snack: half serving of unsweetened applesauce, protein shake

Dinner: boneless chicken thighs in hot sauce, steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots smothered in butter.

i've not even attempted a pull up in forever. most i've ever done consecutively is like 3, so you've got me beat

Do more pull ups. Future you will thank you.

• Like 1

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Someone is back and energized! Good for you!

I need some inspiration and looks like I might find it here. Can't have you being all badass without me.

enhanced-buzz-21751-1372616100-2.jpg

• Like 1

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Burpees are so .... not something I like.  And pull ups have always been my nemesis.  Steve's writing about doing pull ups was part of what drove me to NF... now I just need to start working on them again after many many many years of not.  Great workout!  Nice way to mix it up!

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%

Blerch...

Having another deep depression day. Had to struggle to make myself eat breakfast today. Slept in till 7:15. Not working. Going to force myself to meditate and do yoga later because I'm hoping it will help.

Really want a drink. Dr. Jameson cures all ailments. Luckily there's no liquor in the house at all right now.

Going to take the day to focus on me and get my shit together, I have a lot to do this weekend.

Edit:

I watched a movie recently that resonated way too deeply. A remake of The Gambler (the new one with Mark Wahlberg... now I need to go watch the original). Not an amazing movie but the premise is that the main character continues to do horribly self-destructive things because he's lost the point of existence. Pure nihilism at its finest. Thankfully the quote that really caught my attention is on IMDB, so I can just copy and paste it... pay special attention to the italicized part.

"There was a student... just the other day... who said that my problem, if one's nature is a problem, rather than just problematic, is that I see things in terms of victory or death, and not just victory but total victory. And it's true: I always have. It's either victory, or don't bother. The only thing worth doing is the impossible. Everything else is gray. You're born... as a man... with the nerves of a soldier, the apprehension of an angel, to lift a phrase, but there is no use for it. Here? Where's the use for it? You're set up to be a philosopher or a king or Shakespeare, and this is all they give you? This? Twenty- odd years of school which is all instruction in how to be ordinary... or they'll fucking kill you, they fucking will, and then it's a career, which is not the same thing as existence... I want unlimited things. I want everything. A real love. A real house. A real thing to do... every day. I'd rather die if I don't get it."

I need more...

• Like 2

Level 5 Viking Berserker

A little low today too. Thank God I don't live close to you cuz it would be a Irish day for me too.

I just want to be

I refuse to hit play on that because of the band, but I know what you mean.  :nonchalance:

• Like 1

Level 5 Viking Berserker

• Like 1

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Hell yeah

• Like 1

Not a Nickelback fan either but was trying to make you smile!

Metal does make everything better.

Got Operation Mindcrime album playing now. Didn't want to post just in case you are a hater.

How about this in honor of my hot flashes?

• Like 1

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Having another deep depression day.

Really want a drink. Dr. Jameson cures all ailments. Luckily there's no liquor in the house at all right now.

Going to take the day to focus on me and get my shit together, I have a lot to do this weekend.

My yesterday sucked as well buddy, the important thing (which I keep telling myself) is not to dwell upon it. Use it as a foundation stone rather than a tombstone. (Crap, that almost sounds clever!)

• Like 3

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Alternatively, when life gives you lemons, make whisky sours...

now i want whiskey. but let's be honest, i pretty much always want whiskey

• Like 3

I am in for whiskey as well.  Good call!

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%