Bekah's Path to Super Yogi: Getting BEAST STRONG! Take 2!

Bekah

I am doing the exact same challenge as last time.

7757707b-665b-499f-94d5-aac7cd6bee71_zps

ok, so maybe I don't want to be THIS big...

87c05b6e-7fc0-4edd-8676-27dcb47e4aed_zps

but I DO want to be strong enough to do this easily.

Short story: There is NOTHING like doing a few Kino MacGregor videos when you are 259lbs to make you realize just how weak and out of shape you are. (except I lost 10 lbs last challenge, so now it's 250...but still)

Over the last 10 years, I have addressed and dealt with a lifetime of trauma and abuse, and changed dramatically, but also gained 100 lbs. The last 2 years have been about coming to grips with the fat me and loving myself despite what my body looks like...and just recently I turned a HUGE corner with that, and it's time to move on to the next phase of becoming who I want to be (and she isn't a princess...weird!) and that person is not 260 lbs and someone who plays video games all day long to cope with life. She is an active, fun, happy person who can do anything she wants with her body and loves her life.

So it's time to get un-weak and un-out of shape and un-fat.

So it's time to get strong, because getting strong will build muscle, increase my metabolism and help me lose fat and be able to do the things I want to do, but I am also going to be addressing cardio and flexibility, because you don't get to be a super yogi who can run whenever she wants, without doing those things. I am planning to keep the same 4 year-long goals I started last challenge, but the exercise portion will be a mix of yoga, cardio and strength and I am going to cold turkey sugar and dairy, seriously! I realized I am not capable of small steps with stuff like that and it happening, and it's not about my emotional health, so it's not going to screw up my head. I didn't quit drinking or smoking or drugs a little at a time, I said "no more" and walked away and never looked back. This has to be the same.

aerial-dance-203x180.jpg10k-1.JPG

carmela_firefuly-pose.jpg

TL;DR--

Goal Summary

1. Consistent Wake Up/Bedtime
2. Consistent Exercise Routine
3. Consistent Cooking Dinner
4. Read 2 Yoga Centric books this challenge
5. Cold Turkey Sugar & Dairy

• Like 13

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

There are some SLIGHT changes and things I learned since last challenge.

1. I lost 10 lbs :)

2. I signed up for the gym

3. I realized that Maya is trying to kill me ;) but that I need it.

4. 6 days a week is too much exercise right now, unless it's walking.

Sooooo....

with those things in mind. I am going to have fewer scheduled workout days, because I need that right now, but keep my 8,000 steps per day goal so that on the days that i dont have a class/workout, I still at least walk. I am going to really focus hardcore on my diet, because it WORKS! That includes batch cooking and meal planning and figuring out exactly how much food I need and an eating plan that fits with what I need, without counting any more of anything than is absolutely necessary. Right now that is looking like 5-6 small meals a day with counting only carbs and trying to keep them <100g per day, with no sugar or dairy and being gluten free. I also want to read some books to enhance my yoga brain for teacher training in the future.

• Like 4

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Exercise Schedule: (may change entirely...this is just what I am thinking today) 

M: Vinyasa Yoga (for 5 weeks, last week will be boot camp) 

T: Walking

W: Boot Camp & Relaxation Yoga

TH: Walking

F:  Stretch Yoga/Swimming 

SA: Boot Camp

S: Walking

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Congratulations on your weight loss from last challenge and the strides you've made in your emotional health! In for seeing you achieve even more the next 6 weeks. 

• Like 1

"How does one become a butterfly? You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

-Chouji Akimichi 

33.33%
33.33%

BBWW: 6 of 18

37.5%
37.5%

Yoga: 9 of 24

46.15%
46.15%

Brown bag lunch: 12 of 26

Current

798379e43838443824e31576d6c73131.jpg

This is my new favorite picture

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Yay! Repeating challenges is the theme this time around I think, so great job sticking to it Bekah!

Subbed for your rainbow covered awesome :D

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Heroes do what is right, not what is easy!

c72f8e9cf9ef80207481f4f63d577fb5.jpg

• Like 1

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Gratitude...because my day has not gone pleasantly.

1. Even though a good deal of it has sucked, the processes involved in today's problems went well.

2. I have a Vinyasa class in 2 hours :D

3. Despite everything going on, both of my children are having overwhelmingly positive responses to the changes J (and I) have made recently.

4. My grocery store is special ordering me all natural London Broil for smoking and crockpotting for my batch cooking and J is willing to do the smoking part :)

5. It's a new challenge

6. AJ and X-ray make me squee :)

7. Bubba seems to be feeling better (he had what we think was an inner ear infection, after the outer ear one last week)

8. I made some hard choices this weekend, but they were well received, and that is awesome :D

9. Abby was not hospitalized this weekend, which is tremendous progress for her :)

10. Repeat number 9 :) because it's THAT awesome :)

I had to file a police report on a child today, bc she assaulted my daughter, and if you have never had to do that...it SUUUUUUUUUCKS! It's gut wrenching to know that to protect your child, you have to potentially damage the life of another child...but it needed to be done, bc my child's safety comes first. Then I had to deal with the misplacement of not one, but two semester exams, for JJ in AP Trig, which started back in January and still isnt resolved...but it all went smoothly, and I can do no more in the meantime.

So Day 1, per usual. But yoga :D

• Like 5

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I'm number six ðŸ˜

Spoiler

10 pounds!  Yay!  Joining a gym!  Yay!  Repeating goals!  Yay!!  Let's do this!!!

• Like 1

(______ <\-/> ______)     Faille | Level 3 Elf Ranger/Druid

/_.-=-.\| " |/.-=-._\     [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx78%--]
    /_   \(o_o)/    _\      STR 4.75 | DEX 7.75 | STA 8.75 | CON 11.5 | WIS 15.25 | CHA 8.75
     /_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
Current Challenge | #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
        /((( )))\           My Battle Log
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

Whole 30 Progress - Complete!!  1/5/2015 - 2/3/2015 -  Meal Plan

Comic Con Countdown - Goal 155 lbs, 7 to go
0%
0%

My yoga class today was PHENOMENAL!!

Seriously, it was. I was able to do just about everything. The teacher played Enya as the background music. I attempted Eagle pose (laughably, but whatever) and she only did like one adjustment during the whole class (my first one ever, so I was kinda like...huh?) to deepen my down dog to the point of almost being a forward fold in down dog, which I don't even understand how that happens, but apparently my body can do it? I wish I could have seen what my body looked like, bc I cant even picture it. She was like...pulling on my legs with a strap (which now I see why I haven't ever used one, I have the loosest hamstrings in existence) and they were going backwards, and I was still in down dog with my arms but almost vertical with my legs...so I dunno what that is. So anyways, I felt confident in a yoga class, for the first time ever. So after class I asked her if she didn't give me many adjustments because I was doing things wrong, or just didn't need them. She said it was the latter, and that 

I CLEARLY KNEW WHAT I WAS DOING!!!!! WHAT!!!! REALLY???? DUDE!!! I ALMOST DID A DANCE!!!! 

so all that, after this insane day. Made me freaking THRILLED :D I needed that validation from someone who already teaches, SO much. So yeah, now I actually feel like I CAN do it, because I FELT like I did it, and she confirmed what I felt, and that is freaking AWESOME! 

and for those of you who arent aware. this is eagle pose. However, it took me 2 years of consistent classes to do tree pose, so I am not stressing that I cant do this one yet (having a TBI and vision issues make for some serious balance issues). The only other problem I had, was that my body is in the way, so I can't get into poses bc I cant move my fat around enough...so I need to lose weight for that alone. 

Eagle-Pose-Yoga_1.jpg

and if I keep eating bacon cheeseburgers with avocado (ok if you have never had a good one, you must try them at least once) as after-class dinner, I will never get there, just sayin'. Bekah chill that shit out will ya? 

• Like 5

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Leave off the bun and that sounds like an A-OK meal to me!

• Like 2

(______ <\-/> ______)     Faille | Level 3 Elf Ranger/Druid

/_.-=-.\| " |/.-=-._\     [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx78%--]
    /_   \(o_o)/    _\      STR 4.75 | DEX 7.75 | STA 8.75 | CON 11.5 | WIS 15.25 | CHA 8.75
     /_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
Current Challenge | #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
        /((( )))\           My Battle Log
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

Whole 30 Progress - Complete!!  1/5/2015 - 2/3/2015 -  Meal Plan

Comic Con Countdown - Goal 155 lbs, 7 to go
0%
0%

Exercise Schedule: (may change entirely...this is just what I am thinking today) 

M: Vinyasa Yoga (for 5 weeks, last week will be boot camp) 

T: Walking

W: Boot Camp & Relaxation Yoga

TH: Walking

F:  Stretch Yoga/Swimming 

SA: Boot Camp

S: Walking

Seeing one of your posts makes me happy. Even just quickscrolling down your thread makes me happy.

All the colors!

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current