Bekah's Path to Super Yogi: Getting BEAST STRONG! Take 2!

Bekah

Yes Bekah, those bacon cheeseburgers are mine!! Awesome feelings about the class today, that is quite the accomplishment and I KNEW you could do it!! So extremely happy for you today!!!!!

BarneyTheHighestofFives.gif

Thank you! It's funny how much it means for someone else to say "you can do it" vs. saying it to ourselves. I love that I don't need that as much anymore, but it still feels good to get it! And with this, even moreso.

Congratulations on your weight loss from last challenge and the strides you've made in your emotional health! In for seeing you achieve even more the next 6 weeks.

Thank you! I got my eye on you too :D

Congrats on your successes last challenge! That's awesome to hear.

Subbed and following!

Ditto! :D

798379e43838443824e31576d6c73131.jpg

This is my new favorite picture

Yup! You always find the BEST gifs! After I finish paying for camp, I am going to join NFA. So I suppose I should warn everyone ;)

Congratulations on your progress! Good luck on your new challenge!

Thanks :) I'm glad you stopped by and I'm keeping my other eye on you! (albeit neither work great, but still

|) (thats my Jordi LaForge emoticon :P )

Yay! Repeating challenges is the theme this time around I think, so great job sticking to it Bekah!

Subbed for your rainbow covered awesome :D

Well, I would say I started it, but I was like the last of the last to actually post a thread...but yay! It's a thing :) I'm glad you are here as always!

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Awesome success! You are on a good path! Keep it up! :)

Thank you! My everpresent cheerleader :)

c72f8e9cf9ef80207481f4f63d577fb5.jpg

You and the feels! I heard the song in my head :wub:

HELL YES! Congrats on your progress last round!

The Yoga class sounds A+. Highly enjoyable workouts are best workouts. You're going to rock this.

As are you sir (are you ok with that?)

Leave off the bun and that sounds like an A-OK meal to me!

eh....great point, but the fries and giant block of fried mozzarella were not, but the burger was the star anyways, so maybe it WILL be after class food and sub a salad for the fries!

Seeing one of your posts makes me happy. Even just quickscrolling down your thread makes me happy.

All the colors!

I'm glad it makes you happy :) It makes me happy too! I wish I didnt have to use manual code on my Ipad or every post would be colorful!

Hey Bekah, I can see you are still fighting the good fight.

Well done on the yoga! I tried to sit back on my heels today, kung fu style, near on brought a tear to my eye! I wish I had your flexibility.

Good luck with your continuing goals!

Awww, keep trying and it will come. Although, it gets to where you have to just about break your leg to get a good stretch, and its too easy to cause an injury which is crappy, so it's not all its cracked up to be! and thank you!

And can I just shout out to all the noobs! I have more recruits and newer rebels on this thread than I do old timers...and while I adore everyone, I have a heart for the noobs, I am SO glad y'all are here! :emojixinfinity bc they limit them: perpetual problem for me! lol

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Awesome challenge, great progress!!! Congrats on the yoga class - well on your way to being a super yogi!

Keep going! You've had an excellent start! :D (subbing to cheer you on!)

Thank you :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I've just been lurking here for a bit, but I gotta say, CONGRATS on the yoga class!  You're right about other people telling us we can do it.  Whatever it is.  As Mark Twain once said, "I can live for two months on a good compliment". 

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I switched up one of my goals...bc my life is not conducive to routines, and after trying to force them for decades...I am letting go, at least until the kids and their chaotic existence moves out of my house! So, I'm going to read 2 books this challenge that will help me on my YTT goal for next year.

• Like 3

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I've just been lurking here for a bit, but I gotta say, CONGRATS on the yoga class!  You're right about other people telling us we can do it.  Whatever it is.  As Mark Twain once said, "I can live for two months on a good compliment".

Thank you :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Day 2:

1. Consistent Wake Up/Bedtime: wake up :) bedtime :)

2. Consistent Exercise Routine: I'm about halfway with steps at 9:15pm, so :(

3. Consistent Cooking Dinner: I planned but am not hungry, so :)

4. Read 2 Yoga Centric books this challenge: may pick a book tonight

5. Cold Turkey Sugar & Dairy: sugar :) dairy :(

6. Carbs under 100g: totally forgot to track this, but I doubt it :(

• Like 3

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Smiley face rating system, how have I not thought of this yet?! 

You ma'am, are a genius. :D

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Someone somewhere, is a genius.

Wait, why am I surprised? This is The Rebellion!

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Yup! You always find the BEST gifs! After I finish paying for camp, I am going to join NFA. So I suppose I should warn everyone ;)

WOOT

You and the feels! I heard the song in my head :wub:

YUP

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Bacon avocado hamburgers sound amazing. (So do cheeseburgers, but no dairy, remember?).

To make more amazing, add:

• fried egg
  • pineapple
  • jalapenos
  • sweet potato fries

The first three are Okinawa specials that my brother showed our family when he returned from his deployment. That last is a thing that a local restaurant does, and everyone should do, I think.

Oh, also, subbed.

Rock on, lady.

• fried egg
  • pineapple
  • jalapenos
  • sweet potato fries

Also (and I know this sounds really weird), add peanut butter to your burger.  It's called a Gooberburger.  Look it up.  It's a real thing.  And it, surprisingly, tastes amazing!  Plus, peanut butter is great for protein.  

You could also sub in almond butter instead of peanut butter too, if the PB isn't your thing.  I haven't tried that, but I'm pretty sure it'd work.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Bacon avocado hamburgers sound amazing. (So do cheeseburgers, but no dairy, remember?).

• fried egg
  • pineapple
  • jalapenos
  • sweet potato fries
The first three are Okinawa specials that my brother showed our family when he returned from his deployment. That last is a thing that a local restaurant does, and everyone should do, I think.

Oh, also, subbed.

Rock on, lady.

:) I could do an egg, the other three are no goes...although I'm hoping that with improved gut health some of my allergy issues will improve too and I can haz more foods! They sound yummy though!

Also (and I know this sounds really weird), add peanut butter to your burger.  It's called a Gooberburger.  Look it up.  It's a real thing.  And it, surprisingly, tastes amazing!  Plus, peanut butter is great for protein.  

You could also sub in almond butter instead of peanut butter too, if the PB isn't your thing.  I haven't tried that, but I'm pretty sure it'd work.

I can do almond butter and just bought a lb of ground beef and had no plans for it, now I do :D A fried egg burger and an almond butter burger :D And I know it will be good bc I made red curry beef once with an almond butter sauce and it was awesome!

Ty for some non cheesy burger tips :love_heart:

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

let me just say...I must have mammoth legs! The L/XL knee braces at the store(s), barely fit my calves! WTF?!?! Oh well, wrap an ace bandage tight enough and it does the job until I can find something!

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I'm ALIVE!!!

(that is nothing short of a miracle...because Mallory aka. the adorable sadist, tried to kill me at death camp today)

Monday boot camp with Erika is aptly named, Wednesday boot camp with Mallory is now and forever known as death camp. I used my inhaler 10 minutes in. We did sprints, tabata sets of 8 count body builders, more push ups and bear crawls than I imagined possible, jump squats, pike jumps (riiiight!) then she walked on her hands bc she can, more running, five minutes of planking. Dead! Like I honestly think I have never done that much cardio ever. I almost had a full blown asthma attack about 30 minutes in, so after that I really slowed down! But I made it!!!

Then I did relaxation yoga...and Ann, the instructor, is probably 70 and makes me look as flexible as a board, and she is darling :) I suck at long relaxations FYI!

Food: havent done counts yet but I had 60g carbs from bread (a sandwich and a burger using sandwich bread) and 4 oz cooked weight french fries and general veggie carbs. So it looks close to 100g :)

• Like 5

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Day 3:

2. Consistent Exercise Routine: I got 11k steps, 40ish active minutes, did boot camp, relaxation yoga AND walked Bubba after I got homeme so :D

3. Consistent Cooking Dinner: I planned but ate Jimmy Johns bc I wasnt even going to make side dishes :(

4. Read 2 Yoga Centric books this challenge: I picked Yoga Mala by Sri K. Pattahabi Jois and The Yoga Sutras bc I haven't finished them! (for shame!!!) :)

5. Cold Turkey Sugar & Dairy: sugar :) dairy :)

6. Carbs under 100g: exactly 100g :)

Today's lessons:

• Boot Camp may kill me
  • Relaxation Yoga is awesome, but I need to learn to chill ;)
  • There are lots of good ways to eat food without dairy and sugar
  • I really love green veggie juice
  • I need to have entire meals premade for boot camp nights
  • My goals are doable, but they aren't going to be easy
  • Like 5

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I'm ALIVE!!!

(that is nothing short of a miracle...because Mallory aka. the adorable sadist, tried to kill me at death camp today)

Monday boot camp with Erika is aptly named, Wednesday boot camp with Mallory is now and forever known as death camp. I used my inhaler 10 minutes in. We did sprints, tabata sets of 8 count body builders, more push ups and bear crawls than I imagined possible, jump squats, pike jumps (riiiight!) then she walked on her hands bc she can, more running, five minutes of planking. Dead! Like I honestly think I have never done that much cardio ever. I almost had a full blown asthma attack about 30 minutes in, so after that I really slowed down! But I made it!!!

Then I did relaxation yoga...and Ann, the instructor, is probably 70 and makes me look as flexible as a board, and she is darling :) I suck at long relaxations FYI!

Food: havent done counts yet but I had 60g carbs from bread (a sandwich and a burger using sandwich bread) and 4 oz cooked weight french fries and general veggie carbs. So it looks close to 100g :)

Wow. That does sound intense. Glad you got some yoga in as well. 

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Updated Exercise Schedule: 

M: Vinyasa Yoga (for 5 weeks, last week will be boot camp) 

T: Hatha Yoga

W: Boot Camp & Relaxation Yoga

TH: Power Yoga

F:  Stretch Yoga

SA: Walking

S: Walking

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Day 3:

2. Consistent Exercise Routine: I got 11k steps, 40ish active minutes, did boot camp, relaxation yoga AND walked Bubba after I got homeme so :D

3. Consistent Cooking Dinner: I planned but ate Jimmy Johns bc I wasnt even going to make side dishes :(

4. Read 2 Yoga Centric books this challenge: I picked Yoga Mala by Sri K. Pattahabi Jois and The Yoga Sutras bc I haven't finished them! (for shame!!!) :)

5. Cold Turkey Sugar & Dairy: sugar :) dairy :)

6. Carbs under 100g: exactly 100g :)

Today's lessons:

• Boot Camp may kill me
  • Relaxation Yoga is awesome, but I need to learn to chill ;)
  • There are lots of good ways to eat food without dairy and sugar
  • I really love green veggie juice
  • I need to have entire meals premade for boot camp nights
  • My goals are doable, but they aren't going to be easy

Wonderful successes today Bekah!! That death camp sounds killer, is it the same instructor as last week?

So very excited to see your goals being smashed and conquered :)

• Like 1