Yay this is my first challenge! I have no idea what I am doing but here it goes…

Please let me know if I am doing this right… especially with the points!

Goal 1: Create healthy habits

While my overall goal is fat loss, I cannot at this point reasonably expect that I will lose a certain amount by the end of six weeks especially since I have not even settled on a diet plan that fits me yet. That is why my first goal is to discover and create healthy habits to base future fat loss on. I may (this would be ideal) lose fat during this challenge but it cannot be my focus if I do not have a solid foundation to base it on first.

I will make this process more tangible by settling some ground rules that I know I can follow.

No sodas or sugary drinks (this level is already very low anyways)

No alcohol (same) with two cheat days for special occasions

No bread items 6 days a week (this will be a bit of a challenge for me but I have noticed an increase in energy when I limit just bread so I think this will be good)

No added sugar (this includes desserts) with 4 cheat days and allowances for dark chocolate

In addition, I will keep track of what I eat and limit portions to only what I need. I will essentially be following the No S’s diet with no snacks or extra portions.

Also SLEEP WELL: I want to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night

If I go off track, I will take .5 points away for every day this happens.

This will be 2 constitution points per week for a max total of 12

Goal 2: Work out at least 3 times a week in some capacity for 30 minutes.

I will take things slow because I need to let my legs rest from the shin splints so it will mostly be bodyweight at the beginning and then maybe some light walking in a few weeks. I may try some yoga.

If anyone has any advice for exercises and or cardio that I can do while giving my legs a rest that would be awesome!

This will be 2 strength points per week of exercise for a max total of 12

Goal 3: Continue to educate myself on different types of diets and being healthy.

I will be more successful when I know exactly what is happening to my body when I do different things. I will do research on exercise and make sure I am following the correct form for sure so I do not become injured. In addition, I will learn about nutrition and get better at measuring out correct portions for myself.

I will learn at least one new thing each week for 2 points per knowledge gained. First, third and fifth week will be about diet, and the even weeks will be about exercise. For every extra piece of knowledge I pick up I will get 1 point.

Minimum 12 knowledge points

I will report once a week with a point update, information I learn and a grade for myself on the week.

Height: 5’1â€

Female

Starting weight: 159lbs

Starting waist size 40â€

Body Fat %: 30-35%??

OVERALL GOAL: be happy, healthy, and informed

• Like 1

be careful about creating too many sub quests within a quest - it can become quite overwhelming. 

You might notice that someone has added a tag to your post.  This is not to box you into a corner but rather because your goals or lifestyle have links to the guild you've been tagged and we'd like to bring you to the attention of one of their guild ambassadors. These ambassadors will be able to offer you advice, encouragement and support on your goals.  You don't even have to wait around for them to come introduce themselves to you, you are more than welcome to pop into the Adventurers' board and introduce yourself to the guildies there. I am also around to answer any questions that you might have so do not hesitate to PM me.

Good Luck with your challenge

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

be careful about creating too many sub quests within a quest - it can become quite overwhelming. 

You might notice that someone has added a tag to your post.  This is not to box you into a corner but rather because your goals or lifestyle have links to the guild you've been tagged and we'd like to bring you to the attention of one of their guild ambassadors. These ambassadors will be able to offer you advice, encouragement and support on your goals.  You don't even have to wait around for them to come introduce themselves to you, you are more than welcome to pop into the Adventurers' board and introduce yourself to the guildies there. I am also around to answer any questions that you might have so do not hesitate to PM me.

Good Luck with your challenge

AB xx

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. I've been busy with work and such. I do see what you meant about being overwhelmed! I have decided to give myself a little break with the sub quests and have made some changes. I am allowing myself to transition in to healthier diet instead of going just cold turkey while still watching my calorie consumption so I'm at a slight deficit. So far it seems to be going pretty well!

Thank you for your help!

Ok so first week is over and I'm pretty happy with how things are going! I have decided to relax my goals a bit while keeping with the spirit of the challenge. I have been using a calorie counter app that has helped me keep a caloric deficit every day and I am not cutting all of the planned items out of my diet completely, but instead limiting them and being more aware honest about what I am eating.

I was able to follow a good amount of my guidelines however!

I had 2 sugary drinks and no sodas, no alcohol at all, I had very little bread (2 sandwiches), and I fell a bit on the sugar and junk food but I kept the amounts small.

I worked out three times this week doing yoga, stretching, and yard work so I get all the points there!

I have learned that I am capable of counting calories which is wonderful and I was actually surprised to see some results on the scale which I was looking at just for fun.

Current weight is 157 (that's ok right?)