This challenge is more or less an extension of the last one: 

Goal #1: Floor 1 practice (6x / week)

My mangled foot is on the mend, so I can finally get back into my unsual routine. Since I didn't make much (or rather: any) progress in the past couple of weeks with the Floor 1 program, I'm still stuck at phase 1B. I'll stay there until my foot can take all the jumping that's supposed to happen in phase 2. 

I've also started my yoga classes again, and I hope to make it back to kettlebell class this week. 

Goal #2: Keep the Sugar Monster at bay (2 - 3x/week max)

I've been doing okay with this for the last challenge. The occasions where I go overboard with the sweet stuff are becoming more rare. When there's stuff around at the office, I now ask myself if I truly want to eat it or not. Astonishingly enough, the answer is quite often that no, I actually don't. 

Still, this is not on autopilot yet, so I'll aim for at most 2 - 3 Sugar Monsters per week. After sticking to 1 Monster per week for Lent (well, mostly), that should be doable. 

Goal #3: Stick to kcal target. Again.  :rolleyes:

After a couple of weeks of doing basically nothing that deserves to be called exercise, the Easter holidays with all the chocolate-y goodness they bring, and a visit to my parents with way too much good food, I need to take better care of what I eat. Especially how much I eat. Because if you'll let me, I can eat A LOT. :nightmare:

Though I've been tracking what I eat (more or less) for the past couple of weeks / months, the numbers have crept up, and so has my weight. Maybe not much, but enough for some clothes to not be quite as comfortable as they used to be. 

I aim for an average kcal target of 1550 / day. 

Tracking will be done via MFP.

Life goal: Take care of stuff / make appointments: 

• FSME shot: appointment in week 2: done! 
  • check-up: appointment in week 6 done! 
  • change tires: done!
  • get ID + passport renewed: in progess: mug shots taken, application process started.
  • call plumber with wishlist :tongue:
  • sort books and donate to local library (if they want them): 2 boxes donated so far, work in progress

I don't know if I want to do the whole grading and / or stat points thingy this time around, so I probably won't. :tongue:

• Like 6

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

WHOOOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!

Go kill it my friend!! :cheerful::love_heart::cheerful:

:triumphant::triumphant::triumphant:

• Like 2

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

ASH! :cheerful::love_heart::cheerful:

Great to have you on board again! :triumphant:

WE CAN DO THIS! ;)

:triumphant::livid::triumphant:

You are right. WE most certainly can.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/36495-ashps-battle-log-recomp/?p=1448143

;)

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

Following you again Swamps!  Have a great challenge!

• Like 1

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%

26882-We+are+all+a+little+weird+and+.jpg

:cheerful:

• Like 3

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Thank you, gentle nerdettes and nerds! Your support is, as always, much appreciated! :love_heart: 

I got a pretty bad start today. It didn't look so bad, actually, until I crunched the numbers. 1620 kcal on day 1. Ahem. Including one smallish Sugar Monster thanks to Mrs. Boss and my inability to say no. It didn't even taste good, it was much too sweet... :rolleyes: 

Tomorrow, I'll know better. 

At least I managed to get up at 5 for F1 practice, despite of having only slept for maybe 4 hours, tops. Balances were rather wobbly (not the crow, though, that went surprisingly well), and my rolling backwards still sounds like a flat tire. I need to round that spine a bit more. If I can figure out how. :D 

Thanks to the train being late (and me being later than usual at the office) and my zombie brainnnnsss I totally forgot to make any calls in regard to any of the above list of life goals. :rolleyes:

Ah, well. 1 down, 41 to go. :P

• Like 2

Hobbit 

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Hope your foot heals quickly. F1 is so much fun.  It took me forever to learn how to do a back roll, even one with horrible form. So congrats that you can do one! 

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Hope your foot heals quickly. F1 is so much fun.  It took me forever to learn how to do a back roll, even one with horrible form. So congrats that you can do one! 

Thank you! :) 

Yes, it is a lot of fun, but also quite humbling. The moves look pretty simple, but when I try to do them, they are anything but. :D 

That's why I'm still on phase 1B, even though I started the program in January. :rolleyes: 

But when I look at what's in store in phase 2, I don't feel quite ready yet. 

Granted, not being able to practice much in the past 5 weeks didn't help much with progress, either... :( 

Hobbit 

Thank you, gentle nerdettes and nerds! Your support is, as always, much appreciated! :love_heart:

I got a pretty bad start today. It didn't look so bad, actually, until I crunched the numbers. 1620 kcal on day 1. Ahem. Including one smallish Sugar Monster thanks to Mrs. Boss and my inability to say no. It didn't even taste good, it was much too sweet... :rolleyes:

Tomorrow, I'll know better. 

It is a good sign when things are tasting too sweet!  Much easier to say no in the future!

• Like 2

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

100%
100%

Sugar Monster = Boss Fight!!!

• Like 3

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Wow I love your Sugar Monster Goal, if you don't mind I'll use it in my next challenges ! I'm already trying to limit my intake, I have already (pretty much) stopped eating candy which was THE Sugar Monster for me, but now ..... chocolate, cakes and adding sugar everywhere is my next fight haha.

If you don't mind I'll follow your post, I'm interested in your fight with this :D

Cheers !

• Like 1

Little Owl's First Challenge
"It's funny how day by day, nothing changes. But when you look back, everything is different."

Tiny sugar monster aside you are acing that crow! ;)

Kick butt my friend! :livid:

:cheerful::love_heart::cheerful:

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

It is a good sign when things are tasting too sweet!  Much easier to say no in the future!

Definitely! This has gotten TONS better than it used to be. Even though I'm still struggling at times (and sometimes a lot), overall I'm noticing mucho progress in that regard. Especially compared to the Sugar Monster habits I had about two years ago... :nightmare:

Good luck swampling! I agree that Kcal and that sugar monster are quite hard goals to beat. I struggle with that sugar monster myself. I'm keen to see how you fair. :) I mainly tackle it by going for a piece of fruit...but that doesn't always work. 

Thank you, breadstrings! :) The Sugar Monster has been a part of pretty much each of my challenges here, and it will probably be around for some time, yet.

Having fruit handy when the Sugar Monster attacks is a good strategy! I also like to snack on nuts or almonds, too, when the craving hits, though I tend to go overboard with those, if I don't have them rationed out.

(The FC orders 1kg bags of macadamias - they are supposed to last a month. Last time they lasted about two weeks... :redface-new:)

Sugar Monster = Boss Fight!!!

Hell, yeah! :livid:

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Wow I love your Sugar Monster Goal, if you don't mind I'll use it in my next challenges ! I'm already trying to limit my intake, I have already (pretty much) stopped eating candy which was THE Sugar Monster for me, but now ..... chocolate, cakes and adding sugar everywhere is my next fight haha.

If you don't mind I'll follow your post, I'm interested in your fight with this :D

Cheers !

By all means, steal that Sugar Monster! :D

I hear you on the chocolate and cake... and cookies... and pastry... especially the homemade stuff... :nevreness:

Yeah, it's been an ongoing battle for a while. *sigh*

Tiny sugar monster aside you are facing that crow! ;)

Kick butt my friend! :livid:

:cheerful::love_heart::cheerful:

I still owe you that crow, eh? :redface-new:

Butt-kicking was resumed last night, when I made it to my first kettlebell class in 6 weeks. Hooray!

Though I'll admit that I took it easy on purpose (I would like to be able to move for the next 3 days, thank you very much!), it still kicked my butt. (There were snatches! And push-ups! And (assisted) chin-ups! - Basically ALL the things I suck at and need to practice. :lol:)

So today I'm sore, but not overly so (yet, that will probably set in some time this evening ).

• Like 2

Hobbit 

SWAAAAMPS

tumblr_njy5ihohLL1re3kvuo1_400.gif

How's your week going, Swamps? :D

Awwwwwwwwwww... :wub:

So far, this week's going okay:

- Floor 1 practice done every day - tomorrow is going to be interesting, when the DOMS from kb class has settled in.

- Sugar Monsters: only the little one from Monday. :encouragement:

- Kcal target not quite hit on Tuesday, either, but made up for that yesterday, so my weekly average is "super green" again. :)

- Made two appointments for my life goal list.

• Like 3

Hobbit 

Butt-kicking was resumed last night, when I made it to my first kettlebell class in 6 weeks. Hooray!

Though I'll admit that I took it easy on purpose (I would like to be able to move for the next 3 days, thank you very much!), it still kicked my butt. (There were snatches! And push-ups! And (assisted) chin-ups! - Basically ALL the things I suck at and need to practice. :lol:)

So today I'm sore, but not overly so (yet, that will probably set in some time this evening ).

Kettlebell class sounds like an opportunity for pain. Glad you were mobile to start the day, hope you still feel good after a full day!

• Like 1

100%
100%

100%
100%