Off to a great start!

Thank you! :) 

Finally found you and got caught up!

I'll help you with the Sugar Monster if you help me with the Salt Creature, deal? <g>

Deal! I seem to be mostly immune to Salt Creatures, that should help. :encouragement:  

Kettlebell class sounds like an opportunity for pain. Glad you were mobile to start the day, hope you still feel good after a full day!

Yesterday, I was indeed still mobile, today... not so much. :P Crawling out of bed hurt!

But it's a bit better now after F1 practice, and I hope the walk with Rosie as well as another visit with my favourite osteo later will help a bit with the rest. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

OUCH.

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%

Week 1 summary:

- Floor 1 practice 5 / 6 => last one got cancelled thanks to previous osteo appt. No problem there.

- Sugar Monster: 2 / 7 => Though the one on Saturday happened at a birthday party, involved lots of yummy cake, but I knew that beforehand. No problem here, either. :)

- Kcal target: average 1580 / 1550 => Ahem. Not quite, but not horrible. But needs a bit more work!

- Life goal: made appointments for FSME shot and check-up => progress! :)

No yoga class (teacher was on vacation for the week), and 1 kettlebell class causing lots of DOMS.

Shortish walk with Rosie on Friday (before osteo appt and work), and trailer loading practice (also with Rosie :P) on Sunday.

The latter involved lots of patience (on our side), lots of treats (changed from our side to Rosie's side over time), lots of rearing (on Rosie's side), lots of mulish looks (on both sides) and lots of praise afterwards (for everyone involved). 

It took us only 2 hours until the whole pony was finally in the trailer - considering that she needed to be sedated the last time she had to ride in a trailer (about a year ago), that's actually not too shabby. ;)

• Like 3

Hobbit 

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Week 1 summary:

lots of mulish looks (on both sides).

LOL!!!

Sounds like you have a great week one with no major stumbles, keep beating that Sugar Monster back!

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

OMG - trailering a fearful horse??? 

fab021a8b7f181cf8543abd455227b03344c5de7

• Like 4

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Coming soon .....

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

I have read your last post like four times, the horse in the trailer sounds so hard.  How has the rest of the week gone?

• Like 1

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

100%
100%

OMG - trailering a fearful horse??? 

fab021a8b7f181cf8543abd455227b03344c5de7

Not so much fearful as just plain stubborn. I have no idea why she hates trailering so much - according to the previous owner she had never had any problems - until she was sold to my friend and absolutely refused to load on the day she was supposed to move to our barn. The previous owner tried for half a day, then gave up, called my friend and told her she needed to drive up there and try it herself the next time, and she'd provide a tranq...  :indecisiveness:

But it's definitely not fear. It's more like: 

72428%20-%20animated%20nope%20spike.gif

I'm sure I couldn't manage it on my own, but my friend stays VERY calm and completely unimpressed by Rosie's antics. :P

I must admit that I DO find it impressive when the pweddy widdle horsie rears - it's really hard for me NOT to react when she does. 

• Like 1

Hobbit 

I have read your last post like four times, the horse in the trailer sounds so hard.  How has the rest of the week gone?

I have to admit that I am not a very patient person. Those two hours seemed like half an eternity. :tongue:

The rest of the week went well, so far: 

Summary of week 2: 

I started fooling around with the next phase of Floor 1.

Days 1 + 4 have a lot of jumping, so I took it really slow and started with 1 - 3 sets (of the recommended 6 - 10 :nevreness:), but my left foot is still kind of sensitive and extra-wobbly, so I'd rather play it safe. 

Days 2 + 5 are all about tumbling: Cartwheels, forward and backward rolls. And bridges. Cartwheels are a bit of a challenge in our tiny basement gym, but if I concentrate, I manage just so, without killing myself. 

Days 3 + 6 is about handbalancing, which is still a kind of weak point for me. Lots of room for improvement! :D

This week I practiced only 5 out of 6 days, because I got my "tick shot" on Friday. Since I know from previous experience that tick shots and I don't agree, I didn't really plan on doing handbalancing with a sore arm...  

Still, I'm happy with my first trial runs of the new program phase, Towards the end of the week, I didn't even suck quite as much at the new exercises anymore. (Don't get me wrong, there's still enough suckage to keep me busy with this phase for the next month or two). 

Eating is going well. There's definitely room for improvement, but it's not too bad, actually. I'm currently at an average of 1527 kcal for this week (aim is to stay below 1550), and there were three Sugar Monsters so far. Chocolate pudding for dessert on Wednesday (thanks to Mrs. Boss), half of a duplo bar on Thursday (thanks to Mrs. Boss again), and two merci bars today (my choice). 

I didn't make it to yoga class, though, and only once to KB class. But today I spent more than 2 hours in different variations of a deep squat - hunting weeds in our front yard. :tongue:

GMB opened their Movement Multivitamin program again, and I plan to start another round (28 days) next Monday. Some of the folks from last time are in as well, so it's going to be fun to see how we're doing compared to last November. :)

• Like 2

Hobbit 

Hunting weeds - the most dangerous game.  Stretch before sleep, hamstrings are my nemesis.

• Like 1

100%
100%

100%
100%

I have to admit that I am not a very patient person. Those two hours seemed like half an eternity. :tongue:

The rest of the week went well, so far: 

Summary of week 2: 

I started fooling around with the next phase of Floor 1.

Days 1 + 4 have a lot of jumping, so I took it really slow and started with 1 - 3 sets (of the recommended 6 - 10 :nevreness:), but my left foot is still kind of sensitive and extra-wobbly, so I'd rather play it safe. 

Days 2 + 5 are all about tumbling: Cartwheels, forward and backward rolls. And bridges. Cartwheels are a bit of a challenge in our tiny basement gym, but if I concentrate, I manage just so, without killing myself. 

Days 3 + 6 is about handbalancing, which is still a kind of weak point for me. Lots of room for improvement! :D

This week I practiced only 5 out of 6 days, because I got my "tick shot" on Friday. Since I know from previous experience that tick shots and I don't agree, I didn't really plan on doing handbalancing with a sore arm...  

Still, I'm happy with my first trial runs of the new program phase, Towards the end of the week, I didn't even suck quite as much at the new exercises anymore. (Don't get me wrong, there's still enough suckage to keep me busy with this phase for the next month or two). 

Eating is going well. There's definitely room for improvement, but it's not too bad, actually. I'm currently at an average of 1527 kcal for this week (aim is to stay below 1550), and there were three Sugar Monsters so far. Chocolate pudding for dessert on Wednesday (thanks to Mrs. Boss), half of a duplo bar on Thursday (thanks to Mrs. Boss again), and two merci bars today (my choice). 

I didn't make it to yoga class, though, and only once to KB class. But today I spent more than 2 hours in different variations of a deep squat - hunting weeds in our front yard. :tongue:

GMB opened their Movement Multivitamin program again, and I plan to start another round (28 days) next Monday. Some of the folks from last time are in as well, so it's going to be fun to see how we're doing compared to last November. :)

I'm doing it again too. I'll be starting Monday as well.

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I'm doing it again too. I'll be starting Monday as well.

Awesome! :) Some of the guys have a head start, apparently. It takes some getting used to the new format. While I definitely appreciate the new flexibility, it was easier for me to follow the others when everyone was on the same schedule.

Hobbit 

Hunting weeds - the most dangerous game.  Stretch before sleep, hamstrings are my nemesis.

It feels like I killed off a minor forest-in-the making, since most of the greenery I dispatched were baby trees. :nightmare:

My problem area is usually the lower back. I tend to slump after a while in the squat, and after a couple of hours of slumping, my lower back feels kind of overstretched.

Hobbit 

You're doing great, Swamps! :) The Floor challenge is super interesting...! It's wise to take it a bit easier with your foot. I really hope you'll get better soon!

Let's have a kick-ass week 3! >8D

Thank you, Ensi! :)

Jumping today was extremely wobbly - I have no idea what I have done to make things worse than last week. The foot doesn't feel worse, it's just extremely unstable. 

After the normal F1 program I added the daily dose of Movement Multivitamin: Bear crawls and some variations. But I stopped after a sort of twisty/bouncy Spiderman crawl. I'm not strong enough for a "full" spiderman, yet, staying close to the ground.

Nice start for week 3, anyway. :)

Today is Tech Boss's birthday, but since he's not at the office, there won't be any special Birthday food for me to avoid. :encouragement:

• Like 2

Hobbit 

Today is Tech Boss's birthday, but since he's not at the office, there won't be any special Birthday food for me to avoid. :encouragement:

It's SO MUCH easier to avoid when it isn't there! <g>

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Ah Birthday food haha. It's so hard when these occasions happen, either I'm too tempted to get the food that is there (usually not healthy) or people just look at me in a weird manner like "why is she not eating anything ?".
Good thing you can avoid that !

I hope everything is going well otherwise, keep it up :D

• Like 1

Little Owl's First Challenge
"It's funny how day by day, nothing changes. But when you look back, everything is different."

Birthday food just smells good.  It is evil.  I guess that is why "moderation" exists... but it is so hard.  Glad you didn't have to stare down a cake today!

• Like 1

100%
100%

100%
100%

Great quests! And I'm jealous of your kettlebell classes! How are those going?

Following your challenge now!

• "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good"
  • current challenge: 04/13 - recruit xxjj reporting for duty 
  • race: human | class: (wanna be) adventurer | level: 1 
  • attributes: 0.8 STR | 0.67 DEX | 0.8 STA | 3.33 CON |1.67 WIS |1.47 CHA
  • sw: 198/197 | gw: 127-137 | mini-gw: 189 (or -9)/see progress below | cw: 194 
    44%
    44%

Week 3's already over? 

giphy.gif

Okay, F1 practice did only happen 5/6 days. I may put the "serious" F1 work on hold while the Multivitamin is happening (== for the rest of this challenge). Also, I got a stabbing pain in my wrist doing cartwheels one day - which hasn't happened in ages, I think. :( The wussies had been doing quite well, actually... *sigh*

The Sugar Monster showed up only twice. Though today was an emotional attack, and I'm not proud of going overboard. :rolleyes: Tomorrow. Day. Another. Right? 

Today's Emo Monster also wreaked havoc on my kcal total. :nightmare: Let's just say that I did eat about twice my daily BMR today, and this week's average is through the roof. More in the 1700s than 1550. Ahem. :redface-new:

BUT at least I can cross another life goal from the list: Tires are changed, the Blue Racer is now wearing his summer outfit. Hooray! 

And I filled two more boxes with books to donate to the library. :) 

• Like 3

Hobbit 

Week 3's already over? 

giphy.gif

accurate

Oooh, a lot of things happening, Swamps! I really hope your wrist will get better soon :) And you're rocking those lifegoals! Donating old books sounds like a great idea, maybe I should do that, too?

Tomorrow is another day. In five minutes, it's another moment. You're doing your very best, keep it going!!

• Like 2

-:*~ Journal ~*:-