Hope the wrist gets better. Doing F1 and MV may be too hard on it. My wrists start too complain if they think I'm doing too much.  I'm not sure I really like the MV's new format. I kind of liked it better when everyone was on the same day. But, I don't do well with change, so there's that. :D

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

The Sugar Monster showed up only twice. Though today was an emotional attack, and I'm not proud of going overboard. :rolleyes: Tomorrow. Day. Another. Right? 

Right!!! We all struggle from time to time, but you're owning up to it which is the important thing imo.

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Sounds like you had a strong, well rounded week 3! And remember, two Sugar Monsters are better than 3+! Wishing you a fantastic week 4! Hope the wrists are feeling better! 

• Like 1
  • "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good"
  • current challenge: 04/13 - recruit xxjj reporting for duty 
  • race: human | class: (wanna be) adventurer | level: 1 
  • attributes: 0.8 STR | 0.67 DEX | 0.8 STA | 3.33 CON |1.67 WIS |1.47 CHA
  • sw: 198/197 | gw: 127-137 | mini-gw: 189 (or -9)/see progress below | cw: 194 
    44%
    44%

I know, the challenge is FLYING BY!  Kick it up and leave the SUGAR MONSTER in the dust!!!

Go-Speed-Racer.jpg

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Swamps - status update!  How's the wrist?  Is the sugar monster beat down?

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%

Thank you, guys and gals! The wussy wrist is better, seems to have been just a glitch in the system. Whew! 

Week 4 went super concerning Sugar Monsters -  so far only one turned up, another one might today, but I don't know yet. :triumphant:

Food wise I'm a bit on a roller coaster. There are definitely days when I eat way too much for my current activity level, and then there are days like Friday, when I hardly eat at BMR level. Sadly, the former are a lot more numerous. :P 

If I manage to stick to 1550 kcals today, then I will have a weekly average of 1555 kcal, which would be almost on target. :D

MV practice (instead of F1) was done every day so far, except for today's. Sundays are usually a bit off for me, because I rarely have such a rigorous schedule as on the other days of the week. 

I also haven't made it to kb class this week again, thanks to another train driver's strike (which would have left me stranded in the big city after practice).  :grumpy: Next week I'll miss kb class as well, because I won't be in the city at all. *sigh*

Sometimes makes me wonder why I pay that monthly gym fee, especially after taking the long break thanks to my injured foot. :(

No progress on the life goals for this week. Next week I need to get the mug shots taken and get the application process for ID stuff started! 

• Like 3

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Great job keeping the sugar monster at bay.

Thank you, Sarah! Another tiny Sugar Monster was invited yesterday, but since it was just one piece of chocolate (12 grams or so) and my decision to have that one piece, I am still very much on track with this. 

Keep your chin up Swampling, I'm sure you'll make it to the gym sometime soon!

Good job keeping the Sugar Monster away!

I'm hoping for next week, gym wise. No idea how often I'll make it - twice would be awesome, but if I'll only make it to 1 class, that'll be 1 more class than I managed to get to in the past week! 

At least I managed yoga class, so I don't feel like a total sloth. :D

• Like 2

Hobbit 

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Here's to a terrific week 5 and continuing to triumph over the sugar monster!!

• Like 1
  • "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good"
  • current challenge: 04/13 - recruit xxjj reporting for duty 
  • race: human | class: (wanna be) adventurer | level: 1 
  • attributes: 0.8 STR | 0.67 DEX | 0.8 STA | 3.33 CON |1.67 WIS |1.47 CHA
  • sw: 198/197 | gw: 127-137 | mini-gw: 189 (or -9)/see progress below | cw: 194 
    44%
    44%

Great job slaying the sugar monsters! Are you able to do this week's MV jumps with your foot?

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Great job slaying the sugar monsters! Are you able to do this week's MV jumps with your foot?

Thank you! :)

The Sugar Monster slaying will be on hold, because I am visiting my family again - on one hand that is always a definite YAY! because visiting my family is the best. :) On the other hand though, I think I will skip the kcal counting this week, and I'm pretty certain the Sugar Monster slaying will not be very successful, either. :D

The MV jumps will have to be done carefully, but I should be okay. I need to be extra careful with those jumps with a turn, so D2 and D3 (if that's pirouette day) will be a bit awkward. I did alright with the straight jumps on D1 (didn't manage to post the video before I left, so I will probably do that once I get back home), and even the side-to-side hopping went surprisingly well. :)

• Like 2

Hobbit 

The Sugar Monster slaying will be on hold, because I am visiting my family again - on one hand that is always a definite YAY! because visiting my family is the best. :) On the other hand though, I think I will skip the kcal counting this week, and I'm pretty certain the Sugar Monster slaying will not be very successful, either. :D

A break while visiting family certainly sounds fair to me, why live life if we can't enjoy it once in a while?

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

I hear ya.  Maybe not slaying so much as not totally surrendering?  Family is best.  Have fun!

• Like 1

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%

It's the final stretch - how's it going???

168814686002683568_ctb4DJsK_f.jpg

• Like 2

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

Whoa... This challenge is almost done?! Time sure flies when you're having fun - and when you're busy. :D 

Week 5 was only a half week at best, since I left to visit my parents on Wednesday, and came back on Sunday evening. 

But at least I got 3 / 6 practice days for the MMV, plus I went for several walks with several ponies with my Sis (okay, there were 2 walks with 3 ponies and 1 Sis). I also did some yard work (more weed hunting on Monday and almost killing pruning shrubs on Tuesday). 

Food was not logged after Tuesday evening for the remainder of the week. :lol: My Mom is a pretty good cook and I simply eat way too much when I'm visiting... :redface-new: But since I knew that from the start, it's no big deal. I was a bit surprised that there were only 3 Sugar Monsters for the week, though they were pretty big ones. :P (One was basically canned peaches topped with a brownie batter and baked in the oven - very yummy!). 

I did make some progress with my life goals, since I got the mug shots taken and the application process for ID + passport started. Now I only have to wait a couple of weeks until I can finally pick them up. Hooray! :triumphant: 

I also went through a couple more shelves sorting books. The stack of books-to-be-donated is growing, and I need to get them to the library. :) 

Mr. Plumber will have to wait a bit longer before he gets to be attacked with my wish list, though... 

• Like 3

Hobbit 

Week 6 isn't going terribly well.

I need to figure out some health issues, so I haven't been sleeping much for two nights in a row - which means I skipped MV practice completely once, and only half-assed it on the other day. I'm also seeing more doctors than I'd like, and I'm wasting spending a lot of time on all these extra appointments. 

At least I made it to kettlebell class this week (which I didn't last week when I was on vacation) and yoga class today (ditto on missing it last week). I also went for a walk with Rosie this morning - she was very good company. :) 

Plus, Mrs. Boss took over cooking again during the work week, so she made dessert. And brought chocolate cake. And I'm worrying about the health stuff and eating that worry in the form of chocolate (Sorry, Ash! The FC has moved my secret stash so it's secret again, and I dug into your stash of Ritter, which is was not so secretly sitting on my desk. I'll replace it, promise!).

So that part of my plan is not working too well. I'll try to take the advice in the helpful binge pic from CTJ's thread and get back on track. ;) 

And I finally got the checkup from my life goal list over with (one of two doc's appts today). Whew! 

Hmmm. Re-reading the above, this week isn't really the total loss I thought it would be. I'll probably end up with 5 - 6 / 6 MMV practices, and I was pretty active. Not quite active enough to counter all the Sugar Monsters of this week, but it's not quite the disaster I was afraid it would be. Calories may be through the roof again, but other than that, I guess I'm doing okay.

Huh.  :nevreness:

• Like 4

Hobbit 

Food was not logged after Tuesday evening for the remainder of the week. :lol: My Mom is a pretty good cook and I simply eat way too much when I'm visiting... :redface-new: But since I knew that from the start, it's no big deal.  Agreed, trips are allowed the odd splurge.

I also went through a couple more shelves sorting books. The stack of books-to-be-donated is growing, and I need to get them to the library.  Wish I lived closer, I'd take them!!! (Saying the guy with boxes of books stacked 8 foot high in basement)

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Yeap.  I'd say the healthy habits have taken hold.  You're doing a lot better than you think you are.  Just hang in there.  Are you sleeping yet???

• Like 3

Some sort of Jedi .....

Wish I lived closer, I'd take them!!! (Saying the guy with boxes of books stacked 8 foot high in basement)

Yeah, that would be awesome! Though the current stack-to-be-donated consists mostly of mysteries I won't read again. Would you take those, too? Or only Fantasy / SciFi? 

It's a bummer that shipping to / from here is so friggin expensive! :( 

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Your week 6 sounds like "I'm taking care of buziness like a responsible person, which at times messes with my goals". Hopefully your health issues aren't too severe! :<

Thank you, Ensi! :) 

re health: I'd like to think that it's mostly harmless, but I hope I'll know more in a couple of weeks! 

Hobbit 

Yeap.  I'd say the healthy habits have taken hold.  You're doing a lot better than you think you are.  Just hang in there.  Are you sleeping yet???

Thank you, CTJ! :) 

I think I have made some good progress with my habits since I joined NF. I'm by no means "there yet" where I would like to be, but I'm definitely sneaking closer, bit by bit. :) 

Sleeping is going so-so. It's mostly a stupid combination of almost chronically cold feet (Raynaud's) combined with a somewhat hyperactive brain that won't shut up. Those are the days that I give up trying to sleep, start reading, and when I look again, it's 1:30 a.m., and I know the alarm will go off at 5. :nevreness: 

I haven't found a better solution yet. 

• Like 2

Hobbit 

Keep it up! You do need to get the sleep thing figured out!

Thank you, Sarah! :) 

I know, and I'm working on the medical side. Not sure how I get my brain to shut up, though. :rolleyes: 

I've been trying something like autosuggestion, but so far it hasn't made a difference at all. 

The only thing that seems to "help" so far is distracting my brain with a book I can get lost in until my eyes are simply too tired to stay open. Unfortunately this is a rather lengthy process and still cuts heavily into my total sleeping time. :( 

• Like 1

Hobbit