No Quitting, Alarion!

Walking, walking and more walking. 9.62 km today. Spending time with grandma and planning the next three weeks. Though I should prepare something for that defense too.

• Like 1

~ All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Ranger

STR: 10.5 / DEX: 1 / STA: 2.9 / CON: 22 / WIS: 2 / CHA: 1

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Current challenge

Battle Log: No Quitting!

Nerdfit character: here

No waaaaaaaaay! It is really all over. Done! FInished! Defended my bachelor paper and received an evaluation of 9/10. So... attacked some ice cream again to celebrate both this and birthday (which is tomorrow). And... walking, walking, walking.

• Like 2

~ All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Ranger

Current challenge

No waaaaaaaaay! It is really all over. Done! FInished! Defended my bachelor paper and received an evaluation of 9/10. So... attacked some ice cream again to celebrate both this and birthday (which is tomorrow). And... walking, walking, walking.

9/10?? You amazing, intelligent, hardworking mung bean!! You eat that ice cream! D8<

loki.jpg

And have a very happy birthday, Alarion!! I'm very happy for you, now it's the time to chill and enjoy the summer :) Do you have any plans?

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

Mmm. Average grade, taking into account all 4 years - 9.270. Not bad...

As for the plans, Ensi, I'm trying to pack my things. Will move everything to grandma's apartment tomorrow, and then will spend the remaining time till graduation with friends. Afterwards I'll try to settle in a bit, though have to head to the camp on 26th already to do some translation. Not sure what to plan yet otherwise, except to get a self-employed status and start searching for job opportunities. Probably will start to conjure up future plans once I have rested a little.

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

So... Moved all my things to grandma's apartment, but went to visit friends in another town. The friend I'm staying with is not one for walking though, so I have to do it on my own. 6.42 km today + 3 km on elliptical (mean machine!). But I should probably start running again next week. Hopefully.

Ranger

Current challenge

Oh noes. I've been lazy way too much. Ran 3.06 km today in about 28 minutes, and did a 20 sec plank. But found out I have no strength left to do any chin ups. :(

Ranger

Current challenge

Oh noes. I've been lazy way too much. Ran 3.06 km today in about 28 minutes, and did a 20 sec plank. But found out I have no strength left to do any chin ups. :(

Oooo, you feeling tired? You've accomplished a lot this year... I felt exhausted once I got my thesis done! :D

Not sure what your fatigue is caused by, but don't force yourself to do something you can't do right now. Sit down, take a deep breath! :) Running 3k in 28 minutes is a lot more than running 0k in 0 minutes. Some days are slower, but one day you'll have more energy!

I think I'm getting more tired from just sitting around and doing nothing. Working out energizes me; it's just that I have been lazy in that department for a whole month. Funnily enough, I feel my quads even after running. Helped my friend with gardening today, so at least some more moving around. :)

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

Oooo. Went for a run today, half way along with my friend. It was 6.11 km in 59:06 min. In much rain! But it was very enjoyable. :)

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

Ran 5.27 today in 53 min. BUT! Today was the graduation day. :) Had an excellent time with my friends - a picnic in the park, and then could practice some driving, and then a run, and after that a bit of pizza coupled with the most beautiful sights at the lake. Only... I have a sore throat, probably because of running in the rain and getting very cold. Altogether, a very wonderful day.

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

Ran 5.27 today in 53 min. BUT! Today was the graduation day. :) Had an excellent time with my friends - a picnic in the park, and then could practice some driving, and then a run, and after that a bit of pizza coupled with the most beautiful sights at the lake. Only... I have a sore throat, probably because of running in the rain and getting very cold. Altogether, a very wonderful day.

Congratulations, Al!! Sounds like you had a lovely day :) I had a sore throat yesterday, as well...! Sometimes the cold makes that happen, hopefully it'll pass soon!

Yes, Ensi. Graduation day was definitely great. But now I have really come down with colds. Suppose it was a combination of lowered immunity (too little sleep, too many sweets, too little exercise)+rain and cold + being in a room with a person who had a cough. Totally feeling blah with that fever of 37 degrees Celsius, and throat trouble and stuffy nose. Supposed to be translating for the camp from June 26 to July 3, so not sure how that will go.

Ranger

Current challenge

Grrr. This being ill thing is very annoying. Fever still constantly stays somewhere above 37 degrees Celsius, but little wonder... Now I almost have my voice back, but still sore throat, cough and stuffy nose. Yuck! Feeling so weak too that I don't want to do anything, and half of my bags are still unpacked. And no camp. :( Meh.

Ranger

Current challenge

I think those health vibes must have reached me, Ensi. ;) Almost well, except for some cough in the evenings and mornings. I thought the fever was gone, so went for a long shopping walk today - 8.32 km, but thermometer says I still have some fever (37.3). Hmmm. It better be gone by morning again.

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

And more walking, and some more walking. Yesterday - 10.61 km, but I wore summer sandals with a thin flat sole, so my feet suffered greatly, and there were blisters on my toes. I was so upset that I bought a pair or Rieker shoes, so they better live up to that reputation and price... Had to take the tram back from the shop though, since I would have gotten even more blisters if I attempted to finish my walk.

Today - 6.26 km. Went to the local government to do the apartment business, and then a walk in the park with my brother.

I've also almost unpacked, and have set up the pull up bar. I haven't started any serious training yet though - neither pull ups nor running. Don't think starting intense exercise right after being sick would do me any good, probably should start with some light stretching in addition to walks. I still have some annoying cough in the evenings and mornings, but hopefully that too shall pass.

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

I'm somewhere... Hehe. Finally recovering properly after that illness. I've been walking lots - Liepaja is bigger than Ventspils, so walks automatically become longer. And have run on Monday and today. Quads are definitely feeling it! And then I've been doing a random chin up once in a while too. Those walks are definitely necessary, especially when I get tired from being in the same room with grandma all the time.

Also, much paperwork and trips to various offices (tax office, land register, etc). As soon as I'll be a registered tax payer I will have to start sending off my CV to see if I can get any translation jobs or I'll have to go pick berries in the forest and catch fish in the lake to avoid starvation. :D

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

11.24 km on a bike. Ewww. Why do they make those bike seats so narrow? Very uncomfortable and... my butt is now sore. I'm much more at ease strolling along merrily for the same distance. :P

Ranger

Current challenge

Eeeps! I weighed in at 75 this morning. And can't blame it all on the red days either, seeing that my trousers have become kinda... smaller, and the belly has a tendency to want to roll over the safety belt in the car. Not happy! I have one more camp next week, but then should definitely get back to my good habits before I become even bigger and heavier and run into some sort of health problems. Grrr. Laziness and lots of sweets are not a good combination.

Ranger

Current challenge

So I decided to use the tape measure and gain some further understanding of what the last 5 or so months of focusing on bachelor paper have done to me. Found also notes from November of 2014; the comparison shows that I have fallen far behind the best results I had reached then.

Weight: 75 kg now, in August, 2015 - 69 kg in November, 2014;

Waist: 80 cm now - 74 cm in Nov.

Thigh: 63 cm now - 59 cm in Nov.

Chest: 93 cm now - 88 cm in Nov.

Hips: 110 cm now - 107 cm in Nov.

Yup. Definitely much work to do in order to catch up again. At least I can still do 1 chin up... :D

Missing out on the current challenge though because I still have that one week of camp, but definitely will get to limiting sweets and following the workout schedule again afterwards. And getting enough sleep.

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

And walked 10.12 km. It is nice to live in a rather big city... Intentionally went to the shop located 5 km away to get in a walk and stop being lazy.

Ranger

Current challenge

Today: a walk - 10.63 km. And a random chin up or two. And ice cream... Eh, might have to come up with something LOTR themed to fight off my cravings for ice cream...

Ranger

Current challenge