No Quitting, Alarion!

So I decided to use the tape measure and gain some further understanding of what the last 5 or so months of focusing on bachelor paper have done to me. Found also notes from November of 2014; the comparison shows that I have fallen far behind the best results I had reached then.

Weight: 75 kg now, in August, 2015 - 69 kg in November, 2014;

Waist: 80 cm now - 74 cm in Nov.

Thigh: 63 cm now - 59 cm in Nov.

Chest: 93 cm now - 88 cm in Nov.

Hips: 110 cm now - 107 cm in Nov.

Yup. Definitely much work to do in order to catch up again. At least I can still do 1 chin up... :D

Missing out on the current challenge though because I still have that one week of camp, but definitely will get to limiting sweets and following the workout schedule again afterwards. And getting enough sleep.

Those bachelor paper pounds... I feel ya x__x You life sounds busy at the moment, but you know you got this! Just do whatever you can, whenever you can. Things will calm down, and until that time you can just take small steps towards making better choices.

And LOTR themed fight against ice cream? How about something similar to my Chocolate Alien War? :D Whenever you eat ice cream, you're attacked by a pack of orcs. Yaiks!

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

Hehe. Orcs! That might be a good role-play opportunity.

Arrived at the Bible school to translate for a week, so at least some practice! Scary experience on the way here. I can't figure out how my friend could remain so calm at the wheel... A truck blew a tyre and suddenly came flying across our lane and into the ditch. There were 2 or 3 cars before us, but luckily the truck didn't hit any of them, and the driver and passanger seemed to be just shaken up by the incident and not badly hurt.

Also, walked 3.12 km along the beautiful Daugava river.

~ All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Ranger

STR: 10.5 / DEX: 1 / STA: 2.9 / CON: 22 / WIS: 2 / CHA: 1

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Current challenge

Battle Log: No Quitting!

Nerdfit character: here

3.54 km walk yesterday. This little town is very nice, and that path by the river is most excellent for late evening walks. But obviously I do have to get back to proper exercise, and walking alone doesn't help. I found I can barely fit in my workout shorts. Ewww.

Also, I have been thinking what it would be like to join the Latvian National Guard. Now I've started to consider more seriously, since the idea seems to have stuck in my mind anyway. I could probably get myself fit enough, but then again... afraid of heights and such. And I'm 37, and no youngster. Though the age limit is 18 - 55, and I'm still far from 55. At any rate, perhaps this idea is worth investigating...

~ All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Ranger

Current challenge

I've set myself on the road back to healthy lifestyle, starting today. Starting weight: 75.4 kg.

1) Eating something sweet only on Saturdays. Oh, but that chocolate that I brought home from the last camp is staring right at me; the cookies on the table; ice cream in the shop... Somehow survived this day without touching any of it. Oooof!

2) Workouts!

-  Walk to get the land register certificate for my apartment (proud owner moment; never mind the bills...) and groceries. Via park lane. 11.13 km.

-  After some rest and laundry 'duty' went out for a run: 10 min run (1.27 km), 2 min run, 40 min run (4.25 km).

-  Chin up training: 2 sets of 1 chin up + 7 negatives, 3 sets of 8 negatives. Barely finished it, and all but dropped down like a sack of potatoes for my lest rep.

- Stretching - approx. 20 - 25 min.

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

Managed to ignore chocolate, cookies, and ice cream today too. But ice cream would be so excellent in this Mordor-kind-of-heat. Sigh.

As for activity:

- walked 11.51 km to get food stuffs and do more paperwork for apartment. In the heat of the day too. Ewwww!

- later did my favourite stretching routine. It was very difficult with all my muscles screaming after yesterday's workout.

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

Obviously I had forgotten how painful it is when I start working out after a very long time. My whole upper body and abs are still horribly sore because of Monday's chin up training, so I took a day off. Only went for a 6.48 km walk.

As for food... Mmmmm! Fresh veggies and berries from my mum's garden!

Ranger

Current challenge

Today's physical activity:

- a walk to get groceries and a new broom - 4.35 km;

- a random evening walk - 6.81 km;

- 'countertop' push ups 7 + 7 + 5 + 5 + 5. Muscles still sore, so it was difficult; but still... I'm in a bad shape.

- stretching.

That chocolate is sooo tempting, but it is not Saturday yet. So I better eat those delicious grapes from my mum's garden.

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

I've set myself on the road back to healthy lifestyle, starting today. Starting weight: 75.4 kg.

1) Eating something sweet only on Saturdays. Oh, but that chocolate that I brought home from the last camp is staring right at me; the cookies on the table; ice cream in the shop... Somehow survived this day without touching any of it. Oooof!

2) Workouts!

-  Walk to get the land register certificate for my apartment (proud owner moment; never mind the bills...) and groceries. Via park lane. 11.13 km.

-  After some rest and laundry 'duty' went out for a run: 10 min run (1.27 km), 2 min run, 40 min run (4.25 km).

-  Chin up training: 2 sets of 1 chin up + 7 negatives, 3 sets of 8 negatives. Barely finished it, and all but dropped down like a sack of potatoes for my lest rep.

- Stretching - approx. 20 - 25 min.

There you go, Al!! You've done this before, so even though you need to walk down the same road, it'll be a lot easier to avoid the most obvious traps along the way :) I thought about having some mudcake this Saturday! I'll fight my cravings until then to keep you company :D Keep eating those grapes, I got some watermelon in the fridge...

It seems more difficult to start again, Ensi. But probably because I have no structure, and not used to my new environment and changes, and such. But must look after my health nonetheless.

As for cravings, Saturday is tomorrow! Or... in half an hour. But won't use the trick of "it's midnight, so it's Saturday", and eat lots of chocolate. :D Sleep instead.

1) Workouts:

- 15 min run (1.64 km), walk 2 min, run 30 min (3.02 km)

- a little bit of leg workout

2) I want ice cream and chocolate! Sugar is a substance that causes addiction... Tomorrow I might eat something delicious to satisfy the cravings.

Ranger

Current challenge

Had a nice walk along the park - 10.42 km, but nothing else. My shoulders and arms are still sore. Ooof.

And today is the sweet day! Though strangely enough I didn't even want that much of the sweet things. Ate my chocolate, though, and a couple of cookies. Also made very delicious pancakes. Mum had brought so many apples that I had to make use of them before they went bad. So... a lot of grated apples, 4 eggs, milk, flour, cinnamon and honey made up the batter.

Ranger

Current challenge

Had a nice walk along the park - 10.42 km, but nothing else. My shoulders and arms are still sore. Ooof.

And today is the sweet day! Though strangely enough I didn't even want that much of the sweet things. Ate my chocolate, though, and a couple of cookies. Also made very delicious pancakes. Mum had brought so many apples that I had to make use of them before they went bad. So... a lot of grated apples, 4 eggs, milk, flour, cinnamon and honey made up the batter.

The apple batter sounds delicious 8D Hope you enjoyed your sweet day!

After changing your environment, it might take a while until you get back into the swing of things! I'm currently at my parents', and it's been more difficult to avoid all the unhealthy stuff. Trying to do my best, though, one meal at a time :) Let's stay kind to ourselves, and be patient!

Aye, changes, changes. :D But it is my 'week of fury', so hopefully things might get better after that. I scared my grandma by being easily irritated and angry, so had to explain to her that it just happens a week before the 'red guests' arrive.

Last week's average weight: 74.6 kg, so a little improvement there.

Walked 16 km yesterday, but it is no fun to complete such long walks on the streets. I'd rather prefer the rough terrain of the countryside. Or maybe should try the beach next time.

Today went for a run: 20 min run (2.13 km), 2 min walk, 20 min run (1.73 km - really slow along the beach). And more walking afterwards to get back home - 3.41 km.

Also chin up training: 5 sets of 8 reps. Only one chin up out of these, the rest with the help of chair.

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

5.82 km walk today, and my favourite stretching routine.

And hoping that the old broken toilet water tank can be fixed tomorrow... wouldn't have chosen this time to change it (and probably also the toilet bowl), but it has to be done.

Ranger

Current challenge

Run 20 min (2.05 km), walk 2 min, run 30 min (3.01), and more walk - 5.10 km. It was nice to wade through the sea a little. I didn't manage to do much else, since it was already 20.30 when I returned home. I think I should definitely get new running shoes soon before I damage my knees.

And got the toilet bowl exchanged today. A bit funny with one new thing in the soviet style bathroom.

Ranger

Current challenge

Some more walking today - 8.08 km. Those worn out shoes though...  And then some countertop push ups 3 sets of 20, 2 sets of 12.

I also wonder how it is possible to do everything with so few hours in a day. I need to figure out some sort of schedule, structure, so I can achieve more.

Ranger

Current challenge

Ice cream and cookies! Mmmm! And walked 9.23 km to find me new running shoes. Bought Karrimor Duma LD 30, but they are not as nearly as comfortable as my old Nike Flex shoes. Perhaps they'll do for a while, since I couldn't really afford more expensive shoes for the time being. Perhaps will choose Nikes again next time or try something else of the 'flex' type.

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

I've been generally lazy today, only a short walk to the shop to fetch stuff for lunch tortillas. However, got myself to do the chin up training. I haven't made much progress, but no more horrible muscle soreness after workouts, which must be a progress, I suppose.

Ah, and last week's average weight was 74.8 kg, which is by 0.2 kg more than previous week. Ah well. Will blame it on the 'red days'.

Also I have to figure out a way to get more translation done, and must send out CV to see if anyone needs a translator. Still haven't done much; somehow it is very hard to get everything done - days seem to be way too short.

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

What an excellent idea, Ensi! I think I might do just that and see why I can't get anything done. Installed RescueTime so it tells me what I spend my computer time on. I bet much of it would be games... or facebook... or youtube... Anyway, thank you for bringing that article up! :)

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

And today...

Walk to the bank and shop - 6.79 km;

Run 15 min (1.67 km), walk 2 min, run 30 min (3.07 km), walk 4.28 km;

1/3 of the workout, 15 min stretching.

Karrimor shoes are definitely not as comfy as Nike Flex ones. Maybe I should go back to Nike when buying the next pair of running shoes...

Also, took notes of what I did today. Actually not that bad, especially because I became aware of what I'm doing. Hehe. Translated a couple of pages, and sent info to one of the translation firms. They sent test translations already; I didn't even expect any response, to be honest. Will see... Just that they want me to do Russian - English translation, but they have sent a text in Spanish. Of course, I can try to translate from Spanish too, but...

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

Oookays. Yesterday: a 3.54 km walk, and later countertop push ups 4 sets of 20, and 1 set of 14.

Today: 20 min run (2.16 km), 2 min walk, 20 min run (2.04 km), walk 2.88 km. Tried to put on my workout video, but internet was too slow, so I just left it at that. Meh.

Ranger

Current challenge

Today has been quite active:

Walk 6.49 km

Run 20 min (2.21 km), walk 2 min, run 30 min (3.13 km), walk 2.21 km

Chin up training: 2 sets of 1 chin up + 7 negatives; 2 sets of 1 half-chin up + 7 negatives, 1 set of 8 negatives.

The weight has gone up again this week... Probably will have to participate in the next challenge.

And I might possibly have a job. The translation agency I applied for as a freelancer said the test translations were good and they said they'd want to cooperate with me. Will see. They are quite stingy though.

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

A new challenge, eh? Join the Doodlies on that round! Having a support group has helped me loads :)

Congrats on the possible job opportunity, as well! Even if they're stingy... It's a shame translation isn't that well-paid. It's only vital communication between different languages and cultures. T__T Nevertheless, they're impressed with your work. That's excellent!