No Quitting, Alarion!

Walked 9.42 km yesterday.

And yes, time for a challenge, Ensi. Otherwise I'm altogether disorganised and undisciplined. Hmm. I'll look into support groups then, though mostly I have been lazy enough only to update my own thread without encouraging others much (you seem to be an exception...).

I wouldn't complain to have the salary they pay in Finland for translation. :D Here they only promise three or four times less, and then with grumbling that I ask a lot. But need to have some money to pay off monthly bills and get food, and then hopefully start repairing this apartment (and buy a pair of Nike Flex before I damage my knees badly).

• Like 1

~ All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Ranger

STR: 10.5 / DEX: 1 / STA: 2.9 / CON: 22 / WIS: 2 / CHA: 1

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Current challenge

Battle Log: No Quitting!

Nerdfit character: here

Today's activities:

15 min run (1.68 km), 2 min walk, 30 min run (3.19 km), walk 2.74 km: the more I run in my new shoes, the more I long for my old Flexes. But alas! They are too worn out and no longer fit for running purposes.

Counter push ups 5 sets of 20, which means going on to Phase 2 of THIS.

• Like 1

~ All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Ranger

Current challenge

10.15 km walked today.

Also measured myself, since it is the beginning of a new month. Not impressed...

Waist: 80 cm (same as in August)

Thigh: 63 cm (same)

Chest: 92 cm (- 1 cm)

Hips: 112 cm (+2 cm... oh bother)

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

And today...

Run 20 min (2.26 km), walk 2 min, run 20 min (1.99 km), walk 3 km. Took off my shoes for the second 20 min run, it was fun to run barefoot along the sea and feel the sand with my feet. And I hate Karrimor shoes.

Also did this workout. Horrible! Didn't do the high jumps because I land as an elephant and hurt my joints.

And also some stretching.

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

Too sleepy to write much, but walked 13.08 km. Seems that Karrimor shoes are okay for walking, but I still fear the next run in them.

Ranger

Current challenge

Got in some nice activity today:

Chin up training: 4 sets of 1 chin up + 7 negatives, and 1 set of half a chin up and 7 negatives;

Run 20 min (1.83 km), walk 2 min, run 30 min (3.29 km);

And then a short stretching.

However, it is still a constant struggle to get myself moving and to limit the consumption of sweets. I think it is because I am dissatisfied with myself and my life, and lack the sense of purpose and structure, so often stressed and unhappy. That transition after graduation definitely does not come easy. But perhaps the next challenge will help me to pick myself up again. Anyway, it seems that I must stop being lazy and undisciplined, since I've signed the contract with that translation firm and they already want to know if I would translate some sort of bank brochure till Monday. Will see how it goes...

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

Got in some nice activity today:

Chin up training: 4 sets of 1 chin up + 7 negatives, and 1 set of half a chin up and 7 negatives;

Run 20 min (1.83 km), walk 2 min, run 30 min (3.29 km);

And then a short stretching.

However, it is still a constant struggle to get myself moving and to limit the consumption of sweets. I think it is because I am dissatisfied with myself and my life, and lack the sense of purpose and structure, so often stressed and unhappy. That transition after graduation definitely does not come easy. But perhaps the next challenge will help me to pick myself up again. Anyway, it seems that I must stop being lazy and undisciplined, since I've signed the contract with that translation firm and they already want to know if I would translate some sort of bank brochure till Monday. Will see how it goes...

That's a lot of activities, Al! Nice :D

It's no wonder the transition after graduation feels hard: you're facing a whole new set of challenges! You're no longer a student, you've moved away from your old apartment, you're trying to find a job... Now would be the time to focus on small steps, or what do you think? I don't think you're lazy or undisciplined, you've just got a lot on your plate.

I know it's hard to pick yourself up, but start small. Get excited from things, such as meal prep (has changed a lot for me), and clean up your apartment: throw away everything you don't need, keep only what you need. Keep surprising yourself! You're a smart, hardworking person, and you can change the way you feel about yourself. Keep it going, Al! Have a motivational Gandalf dropping truthbombs:

tumblr_ltqgc9alVk1r5xma8o1_500.gif

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

Thank you for encouragements, Ensi! Probably you are right; I might just need to settle in a little, or a lot. Could do meal prep, but... no fridge. Interesting life without it. But yeah....

So, I did sign a contract with a translation firm; suppose they liked my test translations. Though I feel like they sent me the real test translation right after contract was signed. :D 23 pages of difficult bank text to translate! But it makes me feel more purposeful and motivated. Only... the week of fury approaches, so must be aware...

Also a bit of activity today: walked 7.87 km to get some delicious food stuffs.

And then 5 sets of 8 knee push ups. Ouchies, though rather few.

Ranger

Current challenge

The evening was nice, so I went out to... run 15 min (1.71 km), walk 2 min, run 30 min (3.22 km), walk back home 4.97 km. It is nice to see other people running, walking, biking, rollerskating (in the park, not by the sea). :D

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

And today's activities:

Walk 8.71 km

Chin up training: 4 sets of 1 chin up + 7 negatives; 1 set of 1 half chin up + 7 negatives.

Stretching

Ranger

Current challenge

Today:

run 20 min (2.04 km), walk 2 min, run 20 min (1.94 km), walk 2.61 km;

This workout - says for beginners, but difficult! Well, I could do all exercises, but at times wanted to give up.

And this stretching.

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

Activities:

Walk 5.07 km

5 sets of 8 knee push ups.

Also managed to translate 7 pages or so of the text due by Monday morning (7 more pages to go), do my laundry, and bake pancakes. Yes! Sweet Saturday! Pancakes with chocolate spread. (Okay, maybe a bit too sweet). :D

Ranger

Current challenge

All right. No official challenge this time, but I am giving up sweets and online games till Christmas. Will see how things go!

Ranger

Current challenge

It has been three days without sweets and games. I do find that I miss them, but perhaps I will survive. :D Also trying to add some more activity back into my routine, since I've been sitting for way too long and my back is sore and achy because of it.

Also bought a new phone with an intent of setting it up to alert me about incoming e-mails, so that I can go out for a walk and not worry about missing a task sent by translation agency. But waiting for the SIM card to arrive, and a new internet router. Obviously I am behind in the area of technologies... Still fond of my old mobile phone because it has an excellent interval timer for my runs, but maybe time to upgrade to a smart phone. And I am still using 3G mobile modem for my laptop, so a router might be much better. Heh..

Now, maybe I should knit a little bit, read a book, and go to bed at a reasonable time.

Ranger

Current challenge

So it has been a lengthy time since I posted here, but I'm keeping track of everything - by the help of pen and paper. :) Tracking my weight, sleep times, workouts, and this far have successfully avoided sweets and online games.

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

So it has been a lengthy time since I posted here, but I'm keeping track of everything - by the help of pen and paper. :) Tracking my weight, sleep times, workouts, and this far have successfully avoided sweets and online games.

The important part is to keep track of your progress somewhere, right? I'm glad to hear you're doing well! :)

Yes, Ensi. Track must be kept. :D Even if it is old-style.

Week 1     Week  2       Week 3      Week 4

Avr. Weight            75.6          76               75.1           75.1

Sleep before 0:00     7              5                 5                3

Workouts                2              4                 3                2

Stretching               2              3                 4                3

km walked            30.12        38.58           30.42          35.18

This sums up my month of November.

It seems that I have managed to get the weight down a little, so contented in that area of my life.

But have become a bit disorderly in getting to sleep before midnight. Hopefully will remedy that in December.

Physical activity has been pretty okay, me thinks. Necessary to keep the brain working, at any rate.

And no sweets and games for a whole month. And I no longer crave them crazily, maybe a passing thought now and then. So let's go for another month!

Ranger

Current challenge

Aaaah, Ensi-Fox! ;) Hope the year has started well for you!

I've been rather busy with translations and stuff, but otherwise okay. Up and down all the time. The holiday season though... Spoiled the whole progress of two months in one week. Ewww. Sweets are nasty, precioussss. And I should perhaps peek and write here in NF a bit more.

Ranger

Current challenge

So I watched this yesterday:

Very inspiring to hold on to the process of making healthy changes in my life. I definitely would like a healthy brain!

While I'm trying to do some type of activity every day, it will take a while to get back to healthy eating and proper sleep habits again. Not that easy to recover after the Christmas and New Year. Oooof.

Ranger

Current challenge

Riiiight. I have neglected getting to bed before midnight for about a month, and now these poor decisions have come back to bite me in the butt. I've come down with cold in addition to having the 'red guests'. What with lots of work promised for the next week and such, and having to go grocery shopping... when all I want is lay in bed under a warm blanket and just rest. Ah well, have to manage it somehow.

Ranger

Current challenge

Ha, gotta remember to check that video tomorrow!

Take one moment at a time to get back in doing healthy habits :) It feels like a big thing, but in practice it's one moment at a time. Being down with the flu and the "red guests" sounds like a "joy", though! Just embrace all the sucky feelings, it makes it feel so much nicer when you're back in health.

Krya på dig! Snart kommer du att gå på gym och gympa ;)

All right, the 'red guests' left, but the illness doesn't want to go away that quickly, now I have my voice back, but the infection has moved from the throat to the nose. Ewww. Luckily not too much work at the moment, not easy to think with my head feeling like it is stuffed with cotton or something.

Ja , och jag är mycket otÃ¥lig...  At least in regards to getting back to workouts. I've been giving my body time to recover, so haven't done much for a few days, except for a random chin up.

And I think that perhaps the next challenge would be fun, and Sgt. Grumpy Hedgehog might fit in Stargate SG-1 world. Must make use of my current excitement over the series. :D

Ranger

Current challenge