Phoenix Rising focuses on destressing with the druids

Phoenix Rising

Good future planning!!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

So Week 3 summary:

Overall goal to remain calm and relax going well but not really the component parts.

Exercised 1 / 3 but went for a walk x 3 as well

Yoga 1 / 2

Meditated x 2

Uncluttering x 1: old medical journals disposed of

Non TV evening: spent an evening in a hotel reading

On the plus side completed my essay and portfolio for my patient assessment module which goes some way to removing some stress.  

• Like 1

Fitness:  Self defence, Yoga, Meditation.  As of July 16 dumbell weight training.

Other interests:  Pre hospital medicine, Role playing, Sci-fi / fantasy, Cooking, Dog.

First Challenge Second Challenge Third Challenge

Congrats on a solid week 3!!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

Thanks. I've got a new job! Interview yesterday went very well. I was a paramedic manager in the ambulance service; I'm now going to be a senior lecturer teaching paramedic science at my local university. Very excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fitness:  Self defence, Yoga, Meditation.  As of July 16 dumbell weight training.

Other interests:  Pre hospital medicine, Role playing, Sci-fi / fantasy, Cooking, Dog.

Congrats!!!!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

Found out my new workplace has a gym on site with discounted membership and Olympic barbells. No excuse not to start barbell training now.

• Like 1

Great!! Which lifting program do you follow?

Sent via two swallows carrying a message in a coconut.

Some sort of Jedi .....

Great!! Which lifting program do you follow?

I don't start the new job until 3rd August so can't join the gym until then.  I'm planning on using the Stronglifts 5 x5 plan.  Mainly because it seems straightforward and there's a free app that I can use on my phone that keeps track of the weight I need to use each time I go to the gym.  I'm really looking forward to being able to start.

Wow, time flies.  Almost two weeks have shot by and the challenge is about to end and I seem to have completely failed to post regularly about how its going.  So much going on with new jobs and new houses...but then that's been the whole point of setting a challenge that should help to keep me relaxed during a time of chaos.

So how have I been doing:

Regular exercise 3x week, successful all the way through

Meditation: was aiming for daily but instead managed to achieve about 3 -4 times a week.  Mainly when I was starting to feel stressed about things.  I actually found it really beneficial when i did it but there were too many days when i didn't.  Probably because I never linked it to another event so often forgot.

Uncluttering:  this has been going well, I've got rid of lots of things, mainly old clothes and textbooks and garden waste. Still quite a lot to dispose of before we move but progress is being made.

Yoga:  I was aiming on doing yoga 3 times a week but have pretty much singularly failed to do so.  Which is disappointing as I really enjoy doing yoga when I actually get off my backside and do it, but with everything going on I really haven't done so.  Something to reflect on.  With a new month coming up I think I'm going to redo 'Yoga with Adriene's 30 days of yoga challenge to try to get this back on a regular basis.

Non TV evenings:  I was aiming on doing this once a week and have managed this doing a range of things:  evenings out with friends, evenings reading, evenings going for a walk with my wife.

All in all despite the madness I've remained pretty stress free which was the overall aim, so I'd consider this challenge a success.

As well as studying I'm planning on spending some time in the garden cutting up a load of tree branches to go in our recycling bin. Then this evening I'm going to catch up on some TV episodes I've got saved of marvels agents of shield and the hundred.

• Like 1

As well as studying I'm planning on spending some time in the garden cutting up a load of tree branches to go in our recycling bin. Then this evening I'm going to catch up on some TV episodes I've got saved of marvels agents of shield and the hundred.

I've come to like Agents of SHIELD again - although double agent situations are really hard for me to watch.  How's 100??

Some sort of Jedi .....

I've come to like Agents of SHIELD again - although double agent situations are really hard for me to watch.  How's 100?

The first season of 100 was very good.  Working my way through season two which is still very good.  I was worried after the end of the first season seemed to remove part of the reason the show seemed to work, but its still going OK.

Agents of Shield was pretty dodgy to start with but after they essentially became a small group of hunted people struggling to fight a global enemy (a bit like the rebellion in star wars) it got much better and seemed to gain focus and direction.  Now its one of the shows I look forward to watching as soon as it airs.

• Like 1

Hi Sunmage,

Yes very happy. Didn't complete each part to the max that I'd set myself but looking back I think that might have been a bit over ambitious and next time I'll just focus on one or two things. However overall goal of remaining chilled completed so I'm happy.