Open PVP - Starts 13-April-2015 - Return of the Walkers!

Weird snow/wind combo today here too, but I managed to time my walks to avoid it. It was completely accidental too. :P

Everyone is doing such a good job! Keep up the walking!

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

12km's today, I have to travel for work 2 days next week so need to get some extra mileage in this week.

Got a dodgy leg though, quad is very sore after squats on Thurs, I thought walking would help but seems to have made it worse, hopefully will pull up ok tomorrow...

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I've updated the team goal to 700 miles, that's an average 50 miles per person in 6 weeks.

Every mile you log now goes towards the team goal and your own target, go team walkers! :D

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Okay felt a little less diseased yesterday so I got in a little over 3 miles with the dog. As a random side note my strength training has been an epic fail -I'm averaging only 2 days a week -so I really need to get on that. 

700 miles eh? Cool - we can make this happen, I'm sure. B)  *waves pom-poms in pathetic attempt at cheer-leading*

Endor and Lightning -Bummer on the legs. I'd admonish you to rest it but that'd be a smidge hypocritical so I'll just wish you speedy healing.

• Like 1

1st  -  2nd  -  3rd  -  4th  -  Current Challenge

Ninja Assassin

No one believes our excuses but us... so let's stop making them and go accomplish something!

Got in 2.5 miles today. Do you guys usually listen to music when you walk? I've just kind of been spacing out so far.

• Like 1

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

Got in 2.5 miles today. Do you guys usually listen to music when you walk? I've just kind of been spacing out so far.

Well done getting some more on the clock  :encouragement:

I often think I'd like to listen to music before I leave but I never do in the end, walking time is great thinking and relaxing time for me. On the other hand I always listen to music when I do the grocery shopping, I enjoy it much more with my own tunes ;)

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Okay felt a little less diseased yesterday so I got in a little over 3 miles with the dog. As a random side note my strength training has been an epic fail -I'm averaging only 2 days a week -so I really need to get on that. 

700 miles eh? Cool - we can make this happen, I'm sure. B)  *waves pom-poms in pathetic attempt at cheer-leading*

Endor and Lightning -Bummer on the legs. I'd admonish you to rest it but that'd be a smidge hypocritical so I'll just wish you speedy healing.

Thanks, knee is very dodgy this morning but off to PT anyway, no doubt he'll find some way of extracting maximum possible effort from me :)

Glad to hear you are perking up and got out there, I'm sure the woof would have been grateful :positive:

Don't beat yourself up too much, I've deliberately scaled my strength work back to 2 days and I actually think I'm doing better with more rest. Depends on what your goals are mind you.

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

NeverThatBored - Walking I'm usually a bit contemplative but running I def use music. Especially if there is sprinting or hills. The power in the music helps me push myself. XD  So when you say spacing out do you mean you day dream on walks or just aimlessly wander?

Endor -PTs can be insane but they sure help a lot. I should go since when working out my knees in general kill me since they're just plain bad -probably from lots of tile setting and not always using knee pads. (yes I was stupid, I know).  Scaling back is not something I'm good at but I'm trying to be smart here so I'll do my best as well.  :tongue: 

So today I've been motivated by you all and went walking despite the downpour and windy 50 F(which I would not have done otherwise B) ). Added another 3 miles so that puts me at 22miles/35.4KM. I wish everyone better weather and, what with recent trends (myself included), an otherwise injury free challenge :rolleyes:.  

• Like 2

Ninja Assassin

No one believes our excuses but us... so let's stop making them and go accomplish something!

I'm lucky I have such a great coach, had a good workout and avoided any quad work, leg actually fetter better when I got home so I got another 6km's in to cool down from my session. Absolutely beautiful autumn day here :positive:

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I'm jealous that you get to have autumn! Here it just gets hotter and muggier by the day as our blinding doom approaches.

'And now leave me in peace for a bit! I don't want to answer a string of questions while I am eating. I want to think!' â€¢ 'Good heavens!' said Pippin. 'At breakfast?'

Level 1.5 Marsh-Wiggle 2 STR | 3 STA | 0 DEX | 6 CON | 2 WIS | 1 CHA

Second Quest: Wocker is an Adventurer Now!  â€¢  Walkers PvP

I'm lucky I have such a great coach, had a good workout and avoided any quad work, leg actually fetter better when I got home so I got another 6km's in to cool down from my session. Absolutely beautiful autumn day here :positive:

Your mileage is amazing! How long does it take you to do so much?

NeverThatBored - Walking I'm usually a bit contemplative but running I def use music. Especially if there is sprinting or hills. The power in the music helps me push myself. XD  So when you say spacing out do you mean you day dream on walks or just aimlessly wander?

I kind of day dream or think about random things stressing me out, or have imaginary conversations with people (I do that all the time anyway). I usually just walk circles around a neighboring apartment complex since the area around me isn't very interesting to explore. It's actually great stress relief. 

I totally agree! For running, music is definitely necessary. I can run outside without music if I'm running with other people, but if I'm on a treadmill, music's about the only thing that keeps me going. 

• Like 1

Week 2 Summary:

Levels achieved:

Bronze

Puzzled

Elastigirl

Endor

Silver

None yet

Gold

None yet

Team target:

256 miles completed, 444 to go! We're a third of the way already :D

Congrats to everyone for your miles completed so far, keep on trucking and the miles will keep falling, little bit here and there all adds up :encouragement:

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Today I only officially walked 2 miles, but if felt more like 10. Went geocaching, and it was on the side of this huge rock hill. The trail felt like it went straight up the mountain some, and then straight down a bit, then more up, down, up steeper.. and on. Was a good viewpoint and we found caches. Now I'm a good tired.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Today I only officially walked 2 miles, but if felt more like 10. Went geocaching, and it was on the side of this huge rock hill. The trail felt like it went straight up the mountain some, and then straight down a bit, then more up, down, up steeper.. and on. Was a good viewpoint and we found caches. Now I'm a good tired.

Sounds like fun, what was in the cache, anything exciting?

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I didn't feel much like walking earlier but I dragged myself out and it turned out great! I walked by the local college and caught the end of a softball game. I ended up so cheerful by the time I got home~

• Like 2

Double post. Deleted.

I didn't feel much like walking earlier but I dragged myself out and it turned out great! I walked by the local college and caught the end of a softball game. I ended up so cheerful by the time I got home~

Awesome, nice use of the hard hat and berserker beast mode :D

Amazing how often these things turnout well and a walk is always good for raising my spirits, well done!

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Sounds like fun, what was in the cache, anything exciting?

No, generally it is more just kid stuff. It's more for the hunt than the prize.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Did 1.5 miles on Friday and 8.1 on Saturday. Had stabbing hip pain the whole 8.1 miles. I'm so bummed. My half marathon is next Saturday and I have to figure out a way to heal by then. Did some research and I think it's an IT band strain since it began at the side of my knee and now live at my hip joint. I will walk the half as long as my leg doesn't fall off but I'd really like to do it healthy.

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

Did 1.5 miles on Friday and 8.1 on Saturday. Had stabbing hip pain the whole 8.1 miles. I'm so bummed. My half marathon is next Saturday and I have to figure out a way to heal by then. Did some research and I think it's an IT band strain since it began at the side of my knee and now live at my hip joint. I will walk the half as long as my leg doesn't fall off but I'd really like to do it healthy.

Oh no! Sorry to hear this, sounds like time to see a physio or a massage therapist and find out what's up.

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I kind of day dream or think about random things stressing me out, or have imaginary conversations with people (I do that all the time anyway). I usually just walk circles around a neighboring apartment complex since the area around me isn't very interesting to explore. It's actually great stress relief. 

I totally agree! For running, music is definitely necessary. I can run outside without music if I'm running with other people, but if I'm on a treadmill, music's about the only thing that keeps me going. 

I'm sorry for your lack of interesting exploration areas - but I'm glad you get a bit of R&R just doing it. 

I have a special Spotify playlist for really boring runs or, as you say, a treadmill (*shudder*). It has TSFH and awesome movie music -it makes any area seem more... epic I guess. Amazing what you can do with the right theme music...

Ugh, that sucks so bad.  I hope you find something that helps this week. 

• Like 1

Ninja Assassin

So I've been knock out/dragout sick for the past 2 weeks, but today I felt well enough to get my 2 miles in. I have a lot of catching up to do, but I have a feeling it won't be easy ^.^ Yay challenge 

• Like 1

Current Challenge: June 8, 2015 

Starting weight: 165lb 

June 8:

June 15:

June 22:

June 29:

July 6:

July 13: 

"Strength does not come from physical capacity-

It comes from an indomitable will."

Mahatama Gandhi

4 windy miles today :} Hoping to hit 31 or 32 tomorrow.  

You gotta lay off the beans :P

So I've been knock out/dragout sick for the past 2 weeks, but today I felt well enough to get my 2 miles in. I have a lot of catching up to do, but I have a feeling it won't be easy ^.^ Yay challenge 

Who'd have thought sickness would end up being extra motivation? Love that viewpoint :encouragement:

Feb-March 2022 Challenge