Open PVP - Starts 13-April-2015 - Return of the Walkers!

I went out walking today even though I didn't really feel like it.  I haven't felt like walking but I told myself that I can't buy myself a song off itunes unless I walk two miles.  I really want the Taylor Swift album... I see much walking in my future.  

• Like 2

Hillary // Level 1 // Current Challenge

Previous Challenges: One

Epic Quest  -  Blog  -  Instagram

Folding 1,000 Cranes

Hi all! Was germy for five days and now getting back into the swing on things. Got in a morning 1.2 while listening to The Walk. Any suggestions on how to handle sick days during the 6WC? 

Hope everyone has a terrific week!

• "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good"
  • current challenge: 04/13 - recruit xxjj reporting for duty 
  • race: human | class: (wanna be) adventurer | level: 1 
  • attributes: 0.8 STR | 0.67 DEX | 0.8 STA | 3.33 CON |1.67 WIS |1.47 CHA
  • sw: 198/197 | gw: 127-137 | mini-gw: 189 (or -9)/see progress below | cw: 194 
    44%
    44%

Hi all! Was germy for five days and now getting back into the swing on things. Got in a morning 1.2 while listening to The Walk. Any suggestions on how to handle sick days during the 6WC? 

Hope everyone has a terrific week!

Well it depends what your goals are and how sick you are.

I don't train if I'm sick, rest if you need to but don't use it as an excuse not to eat well. In fact your nutrition is even more important when you are sick or injured. Unless you're laid up with zero energy and need to be sleeping all the time I would also consider short walks in the fresh air helpful for raising my spirits when I'm sick.

Nice job getting back into it today :)

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Well it depends what your goals are and how sick you are.

I don't train if I'm sick, rest if you need to but don't use it as an excuse not to eat well. In fact your nutrition is even more important when you are sick or injured. Unless you're laid up with zero energy and need to be sleeping all the time I would also consider short walks in the fresh air helpful for raising my spirits when I'm sick.

Nice job getting back into it today :)

Thanks Endor! Appreciate the advice.

Hope everything is going well on your end!

44%
    44%

I checked my route against Google Maps just now, and found that I've been underestimating it by three tenths of a mile. I'd no idea I was walking that fast...

'And now leave me in peace for a bit! I don't want to answer a string of questions while I am eating. I want to think!' â€¢ 'Good heavens!' said Pippin. 'At breakfast?'

Level 1.5 Marsh-Wiggle 2 STR | 3 STA | 0 DEX | 6 CON | 2 WIS | 1 CHA

Second Quest: Wocker is an Adventurer Now!  â€¢  Walkers PvP

I haven't had much time to walk or update unfortunately. I have a bunch of catching up to do to reach my goal, but it's still manageable!

"How does one become a butterfly? You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

-Chouji Akimichi 

33.33%
33.33%

BBWW: 6 of 18

37.5%
37.5%

Yoga: 9 of 24

46.15%
46.15%

Brown bag lunch: 12 of 26

Current

Finally got my butt to walking, and found it quite enjoyable. Walked 2 miles today; it's hard to create a new habit with life throwing everything at you xD 

• Like 2

Current Challenge: June 8, 2015 

Starting weight: 165lb 

June 8:

June 15:

June 22:

June 29:

July 6:

July 13: 

"Strength does not come from physical capacity-

It comes from an indomitable will."

Mahatama Gandhi

Ain't that the truth? Awesome you still got miles in. I couldn't log many miles so far but I'm hoping to tonight and tomorrow. My life is likewise crazy but I refuse to get into a slump of busyness. 

Hope everyone keeps their momentum up and I wish you all excellent walking weather and/or the fortitude to persevere if not!  :pride:

1st  -  2nd  -  3rd  -  4th  -  Current Challenge

Ninja Assassin

No one believes our excuses but us... so let's stop making them and go accomplish something!

Half Marathon is done.  I can't feel parts of my legs while I can feel too much in other parts.  DH and I were in the back with the other slowpoke runners and race walkers so I'm counting every extra tenth of a mile I had to walk just to reach the starting line.  13.5 miles total.

Congrats! :victorious:

Hope the legs come good soon.

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I impressed myself and got in 5 miles today! I also probably sunburned my face, so I guess that balances it out.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

I impressed myself and got in 5 miles today! I also probably sunburned my face, so I guess that balances it out.  :rolleyes:

Hurrah! That's awesome. Still just walking around your apartments or have you found something more interesting yet? Sorry bout the crispy face tho....I don't if it's the same in NY but here spring always fools me since it's not quite as hot so I don't think about sunblock ever and I usually end up looking lobsterish. :tan:

I got in about 5 or 6 miles. I couldn't check it with my phone so I will say 5 for now, hoping to add to that this evening.

• Like 2

Ninja Assassin

No one believes our excuses but us... so let's stop making them and go accomplish something!

I walked downtown today, so it was a somewhat more interesting walk! I usually head down there a couple times a month and it's a perfect walking length! It's a little long for an after-work walk on weekdays though. 

And yeah, it's Spring being tricky but also I burn easily and I was out for a while, so the sunscreen might have worn off.  :playful: I hope all of this walking will get some color in my cheeks! 

• Like 1

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

Week 3 Summary:

Levels achieved:

Bronze

Elastigirl

Endor

wockerjabi :congratulatory:   <--new this week

NeverThatBored :congratulatory:  <--new this week

Silver

Puzzled  :applause: <--new this week

Lightning :applause: <--new this week

Gold

None yet

Team target:

409 miles completed, only 91 to go!

A couple of new level ups this week :positive:

Nice work everyone, keep 'em coming!

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

And yeah, it's Spring being tricky but also I burn easily and I was out for a while, so the sunscreen might have worn off.  :playful: I hope all of this walking will get some color in my cheeks! 

Color is always nice. It'd be fun for you to have a before and after pic just to see the tan factor.  :tongue: Hoping I get a bit too -I don't even mind if it's a weird tan from my running shirt n sunglasses, at least I won't glow anymore. :cool-new:  

Just got back from a night run, which doesn't contribute to tanness but at least added 4 more miles. Aiming to hit 50 by the end of the week so must focus! :blink:  

• Like 2

Ninja Assassin

Congrats to the new medal winners! Only three weeks left...I better get on it!

44%
    44%

So much walking on this page. I just met my goal, so I might have to try for the gold once I can move again.

• Like 1

'And now leave me in peace for a bit! I don't want to answer a string of questions while I am eating. I want to think!' â€¢ 'Good heavens!' said Pippin. 'At breakfast?'

Level 1.5 Marsh-Wiggle 2 STR | 3 STA | 0 DEX | 6 CON | 2 WIS | 1 CHA

Second Quest: Wocker is an Adventurer Now!  â€¢  Walkers PvP

Oh no!! I'm glad you're okay!

• Like 1

Oh no!! I'm glad you're okay!

Awww man Endor! Hope heal fast! Congrats on the silver!

Thanks guys, I'm okay just a bit sore.

Working from home at the moment and happy to be spending some of the previous 3 hours commute on walking instead ;)

Feb-March 2022 Challenge