I Seriousleigh suck at finishing challenges...

Leigh

*flails around a bit wailing in anger*

So this is my uhh.... oh gosh, I dunno, fourth?? challenge here on Nerd Fitness and I think I actually finished maybe two of them... the others? I got to about week three and just kinda crapped out on the whole thing. Twice I had a legitimate injury that prevented me from doing a great many of the things I had set out to do, once I got horribly sick and was basically a walking ball of plague so going to my gym was just dangerous to everyone there. And I'm not the kind of person who goes to places where I will be touching EVERYTHING when I'm sick. That's just... cruel to everyone else isn't it?

So I'm setting different goals for myself again this time around, although my life quest goal thingy is likely going to stay the same as it has since I started here, since I have not accomplished said goal :P

Main Quest: Fit into a size Medium in tops and a size 12 or less in pants by the end of the year. I will, however, adjust this if it turns out my bone structure will not allow for me to wear something that small. Doesn't matter how much weight you lose, if you've got wide hips, those bones aren't gonna get any smaller. Or they shouldn't I would hope...

1st Goal: Make a plan each week to go to the gym, post it on my calendar, post it here, and then bloody well go! Doesn't matter what I do when I'm there, bike, yoga, random strength training, speed walking on the hills setting, anything at all, just go!

2nd Goal: Track everything I eat, good or bad, write it down here, or in my battle log. Then toss it all in Lose it at the end of the week and see how I did daily. Hopefully I'll be able to sort out about what makes me feel crappy during the week, what's tasty and keeps me going and how much my terrible indulgences into bad for me things affect how I feel. 

3rd Goal: Do NOT, and I mean this, DO NOT go to bed any later than 9 pm the night before work. JUST DON'T. I've been managing to get through my work day with no issues at all with very little sleep the night before, but I'm annoyed that I then get home and relax somewhere to read for a while and pass the hell out. It cuts my time with my girl friend in half, ruins my chances of getting to the gym during the week and then I wake up ravenous and over eat and then stay up way too late that night. I get up for work at about 3:30 am and I'm out the door at about 4:30 ish, and then walking out of the door at the end of my shift at work at around 1:00, 1:30 in the afternoon.  I can't do a full 8 hours of sleep at night all that often, I'm pretty good with about 6 hours a night though.

Grading and Rewards:

Gym time:

A = went all days; 3 points

B = missed one day; 2 points

C = missed two days; 1 points

D = missed all days; 0 points

Tracking:

A+ = track all days; 7 points

A = missed one day; 6 points

B+ = missed two days; 5 points

B = missed three days; 4 points

C = missed four days; 3 points

D = missed five days; 2 points

D- = missed six days; 1 point

F = missed seven days; 0 points

Sleep:

A = in bed before 9:00 pm; 3 points each day

B = in bed before 9:30 pm; 2 points each day

C = in bed before 10:00 pm; 1 point each day

D = in bed after 10:00 pm; 0 points each day

Rewards: 

Weekly max = 31 points; Challenge max = 186 points

25 - 31 points in a week: pick a show for the weekend and gleefully binge watch it! Toss $10 into my jar of money for awesome/useless things (new books/show/movie, hair cut, new shoes etc) ^_^

18 - 24 points in a week: pick one movie for the weekend and watch it or veg out and read something frivolous. ^_~

11 - 17 points in a week: go out with my sister and/or girlfriend on the weekend do something that they want to do without complaint or question no matter how much I may hate it. -_-

4 - 10 points in a week: do ALL of my girl friend's weekly chores, including all the laundry >_<

0 - points in a week: do ALL of my room mates weekly chores. T_T

I'm thinking at the end I'll put it to a vote for anyone who follows this as to what I should get with whatever money is in the jar of awesome :)

Also: I am <<TERRIBLE>> at remembering to post here during the week. If anyone with unlimited texting wants to be cool and bug the shit out of me feel free to ask me for my cell # I'm down for text message criticism/encouragement/shenanigans I've got free unlimited international texting with my new phone ^_~

Stats as of 03/31/15:

Height: 5'6

Weight: 196.8 lb

BMI: 31.8

BMR: 1682 kcal

Body Fat%: 40%

Fat Mass: 78.8 lb

Lean Mass: 118.0 lb

• Like 1

Punny title is punny. Flea approves. What do you do for work? That schedule sounds absolutely miserable!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I'm the full time opener of a Subway. I work 5:15 am - 1:00/30 pm monday - friday

The schedule seems like it would suck, but I can do ANYTHING I want in the afternoons, the mall is dead, since the 9-5 peeps are still at work, the grocery store is a dead zone, there are no teenagers texting in the movie theatre since they're mostly still in school when I can go and I got to see daylight after work ALL WINTER LONG! WHOO! 

And yeah... I do enjoy my puns :P 

But best part about my shift? I don't have to see a single co-worker until 7:30 am, and the last two hours of my day fly by since it's break for a half hour and then BOOM! lunch rush. I blink, and I've made 250 subs and an hour and a half has flown by. :) It's a pretty sweet job, for a pays the bills and not much else kinda thing. :D

Now I just need summer to roll up so I can have the sun coming up behind me as I walk to work in the mornings :D

I'm cringing. Those are all totally great points but just the thought of being to work that early kills me. You get 100 awesome points.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I love your goals!  Last challenge I made sleep a priority and I think it has helped me more than anything else I do.  Of course, I should be on my way to bed, not reading the forums right now  :pirate:   Curse of the new challenge!  I will be following you!  And I am jealous that you already have 100 awesome points.

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%

Sadly, this girl is in Canada! But it seems that my phone freaks the hell out if I get messages on the forums so that works too :D

Don't be sad!  Canada is a great neighbor!   :pirate:   I have been to Halifax twice - LOVED IT!  Plus, half of Hollywood is Canadian anyway!

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

100%
100%

Great goals!

I've been having issues finishing challenges, too. In fact, it got to the point where I just walked away for a bit. but now I'm back and going to try it again. Whatever you do, don't give up. Just keep at it! ðŸ‘

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Previous Challenges 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

“Decorum is highly overrated and probably causes cancer.”  ~ Jenny Lawson

Woo! How were your first two days?

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Thanks everyone :D Day one was flawless and day two was damn near perfect for getting it all done and tracked. And for bonus points: my sister wants to go to the gym with me this afternoon when she gets off work so I'm getting an extra day at the gym this week! Yay!

Although tiny little moment of happiness from last night:

My gym is a Goodlife for women that is set up on the second floor of a huge grocery store up here in Ottawa and right downstairs is a big salad/soup/hot meals kinda counter, and lucky me, they have a special on Tuesday that I really like :D so I picked that up as soon as I left last night and ate it before going home. Aaaand then I managed to eat nothing until bed time despite having a pile of junk food right beside my computer ^_^

As an admitted grazer, that is like a fierce accomplishment for me :)

• Like 4

Resisting is key!  So hard to not munch on things late in the evening.  Very cool to have gym grocery proximity!

100%
100%

100%
100%

I am watching the NHL playoffs and a Subway commercial was on - which made me think of checking your thread.  But the most interesting part, it was a "Jared" commercial and he said he has kept the weight off for 17 years.  So, I feel old because I remember when he first came on the scene after the amazing weight loss (200+).  But then I just sat back thinking what an inspiration that guy is.  He changed it up, met his goals, and stayed with it for all this time.  Whenever I doubt myself, I need to think about guys like that, the NF success stories, it is totally possible.  But it is work!  

I hope you are having a great day!

100%
100%

100%
100%

Okay, so yesterday was.... bad... very, VERY bad.... we're not going to talk about what I ate, I'm not going to post it in my log but I have tracked the calories in my tracker app and I'm just gonna say that I ate twice the amount I should have yesterday. It was nearly all VERY, VERY bad for me food and I should not have done it. I ate an additional 2200 calories more than I should have...

I do NOT want to do that again... EVER. 

and I stayed out too late and didn't get to bed until well after 10 pm, but I was out walking around a huge shopping plaza with my sister, so I say the lost sleep was worth it. She seldom does much in the way of physical activity and neither of us was up for the gym yesterday, hell my legs still hurt mildly from the DOMS I got from Tuesday.

I also didn't go today, but I didn't get much sleep last night and I ended up taking a 4 hour nap today afterwork, which is why I am still bloody awake at 10:40 pm >_<;

This is why bedtime is important people! SOOOOOO bloody important.

Get yourself to sleep!  I am 15 push ups away from bed time myself!  Refresh for tomorrow!

100%
100%

100%
100%

Mistakes happen. You'll get back on track. Boo for the messed up sleep schedule though, that's no fun. 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

*poke*

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I've totally had those days where I don't log what I eat because I just said "Eff it". Sometimes, I think we need to just have one of those days. Then, the next day, we get back up on the horse, get our nose down to the grindstone, and get back on track. Don't let it affect you long term. Take a breath, let it go, and wake up fresh and renewed the next day.

26516f695c81a23ba06d1af957c272e4.jpg

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

[Level: 1]

Current Challenge

Hello?  How is the week going?

100%
100%

100%
100%

Yeah.. I'm alive... and my week was.... it was a week and I'll leave it at that. I got absolutely none of my goals accomplished, I destroyed my sleep schedule, neglected to track any of my food, didn't go to the gym at all and was generally a beyond lazy bastard since about the third day of the challenge. 

I'm starting to think I shouldn't do them... 

I get all excited about making a good solid plan and then I'll stay up too late reading a really, REALLY good story and then I make bad food choices the next day and then something little like my bed being too comfy kills my motivation to go to the gym, or something equally ridiculous and non-challenge threatening and suddenly it's all "Woe is me! I have failed!" *hunts down something sugary and horrible that I know will make me feel physically bloated and gross* I hate this part of myself and I really wish I could tell it to fuck right off and just move on with things but I get stuck in ruts easily and I find it very, very difficult to get out of them.

I get encouragement here and outside of NF but I don't seem to let it help me at all and I end up being really bitchy and standoffish with the positive people around me. I don't get it though... I tend to give out good advice and I can be really encouraging to people around me, help them wade through problems and come out on top but I cannot accept the advice given to me. I don't know how.

*sighs*

I wish I could go back in time, find the event that started all of this and prevent it from happening. Hell I just wish I knew how/when this all started... It would be really quite nice to not completely and utterly hate myself.

Have you ever tried to focus on just one thing for a challenge rather than take on 3 or 4? I have had to do that a couple of times for something really important. I also have to set alarms sometimes too to remind myself that I should sleep so I can get up and tackle the next day better than the one before :)

But I need structure like that or I procrastinate like an expert put offer.

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

One thing at a time.  Last year I pulled off one thing only - stopped drinking soda. I didn't get to the gym.  I ate the same way I always did.  But I did one thing.  12 months of one thing.  It took me that long.  This year, things changed.  But it wasn't overnight.  It is never overnight.

• Like 2

100%
100%

100%
100%

That's rough. You're certainly not alone, though I know hearing that doesn't magically make it better. Simplifying your challenges might make it easier. What if you just stuck to your sleep goal for the next 4 weeks? Commit to getting at least 6 hours a night and sticking to your bedtime. Save that really good story for the next day or the weekend as your reward for going to bed. Since sleep affects your mood, energy, appetite, etc., you'll probably find yourself eating better and hitting the gym and whatever else you want to do. But it will be pleasant side effects that make you happy and reinforce that you want to get enough sleep since you feel so awesome, rather than just piling on one more thing you have to do every day.

These challenges are about helping you better yourself. Realizing that a particular goal or setup doesn't work for you is just as valid a result as getting all A's, especially if forcing yourself to get those A's just makes you miserable instead. 

You got this. <3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

*obnoxiously checking in*

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Haaaaay come baaaaaack. :(

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi