Chickie.Monkey: You're Standing on My Neck!

This has always been, hands down, my theme song. In my case, I’m the one standing on my own neck. I’m constantly getting in my own way or holding myself back. I wish I knew why, but *Insert phsycho-babble here*

So, I keep knocking myself down, but I get right back up.

tumblr_m8j1rsz1sy1qfgzzvo1_500.gif

Eats

tumblr_static_58pr76uqq1cs88ko84cw0scs0.

Still struggling with this in a major way. I may be throwing a short cleanse in here at some point, but for now we’ll deal with the eating of the proper foods.

Goals:

• Have food prepared and on hand.
  • Eat said food, even when pizza sounds like a much better idea.

• Eat foods belonging to the primal/paleo food groups.

• Eat foods not belonging to these groups no more than 3 times a week.

Moves

Put some effort into it.

giphy.gif

Last challenge my trainer had to cancel several times. I used this as a license to eat the pizza and sit on the couch. This time if he cancels, I need to take my behind out for a walk. The weather is nice now, and I need to take advantage of it.

Goals:

• Move my behind 3 times a week. Most of this should come from meeting with my trainer, but if one of us cancels, I still need to move.

• Walk more. Walk at least 5 miles per week. This means I need to dig out the Fitbit and find extra ways to make steps in my day. Or, in other words, stop being lazy.

• Do at least one 20/30 minute walk per week.

Mobility

tumblr_inline_ndg35aR2hz1t2w699.gif

My box has starting offering yoga classes to help with mobility. The only cost is the effort required to get out of bed before 10 on a Saturday morning.

Goals:

• Make it to Yoga on Saturday mornings. Exception: 4.18 - I’ll be doing a 3k.
  • That’s 5 yoga sessions.

Life

large.gif

This is something I have always had to keep on top of. It’s been years since it’s been this out of control. There’s probably some *insert phycho-babble* thing going on. Whatever, I need to put an end to this.

Goals:

• Stop procrastinating

• Check in on my challenge regularly.

I may just shoot out a short update from my phone, but I will update at least every other day, if not every day.

And now I've worn myself out.

giphy.gif

Guess I'll go rest up to get a good start on this challenge tomorrow.

• Like 1

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Previous Challenges 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

“Decorum is highly overrated and probably causes cancer.”  ~ Jenny Lawson

Hey Chickie!  So glad to see you here!   Great theme, great goals, great approach!    Your faithful followers are ready to stand by and help however you need!

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

First update. I'm probably going to post as I eat so I don't forget.

Lunch: Broccoli and carrots

Doesn't sound like much, but that's all there was to choose from that would fit into the paleo/Primal food groups. Obviously, I did not prepare last night. 😕

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Dinner just made it into the oven. At this rate I'll be eating my parmesean chicken (and by this, I mean chicken sprinkled with parmesean) at 10pm. Better late than never, right? I'm totally starving, so I'm snacking on a few Ritz crackers. Not the best thing, but I'm desperate.

milage: 2.44

I didn't realize how much I walk in a day. I may have to revise my weekly milage goal. I'm going to track what I do this week and go from there.

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Subbing because... DARIA. Every year I think I should be her for Halloween... And this may be the year.

YOU'RE GONNA SLAY IT.

tumblr_mf09sywTZV1r8pqy5o1_500.png

You should totally do it! Daria is the best! Good to see you here, stranger!

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Day 2:

Lunch: sweet potato fries

That's paleo, right? :D I went to the Cafe at work to get some veggies to with my chicken, but that was about as close as I could get. Also, I didn't eat my chicken. Never got a chance to warm it up. Boo. :(

Dinner: Well, you see....

We went out and I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and fries. No big deal, one non paleo/primal food down.

Then came the desert. I've gotten into such bad habits that I didn't even realize what I'd done until I was almost done eating. Fail. :(

giphy.gif

Milage: 2.46

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Chickie challenge! Woot woot!  And it is early yet - creating consciousness about what you eat is hard - maybe try mindful eating?

Subbed, duh!

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Finding the habits we need to break and working on breaking them is the first step to moving forward with a new habit.  So this is progress!

â–² If I don't start posting before Raxie gets to my peeps, I am just going to be +1'ing all her comments this whole time!

Gotta say Chickie, I love the more frequent presence here, even if they are quick heya's!  Love it!

• Like 3

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

tumblr_static_58pr76uqq1cs88ko84cw0scs0.

Well, I mean, yea that's just obivous

My box has starting offering yoga classes to help with mobility. The only cost is the effort required to get out of bed before 10 on a Saturday morning.

That's a pretty high price...but I'm sure you can do it!

I too know the suffering of bad habits, I often don't realize I am eating...until I am done eating....I need to work on that

You're doing great, keep it up!

• Like 1

Level 5 Tiefling Ranger/Assassin Hybrid

|STR:15 | DEX:5 | STA:9 | CON:6 | WIS:6 | CHA:4 |

My Current Challenge

Challenges: First | Second |Third | Fourth | Fifth |  Sixth

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

â–² If I don't start posting before Raxie gets to my peeps, I am just going to be +1'ing all her comments this whole time!

Gotta say Chickie, I love the more frequent presence here, even if they are quick heya's! Love it!

Haha! I'm trying hard. Of course, this is week one. We'll see how it's going in a few weeks, lol. Sometimes I just flat out forget! if I'm slacking, nudge me on the book of faces!

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Dinner: Fast food. Oops.

I have a perfectly good explanation, though! You see, we wanted to go grocery shopping, but decided it would be good to eat first. We headed over to the grocery store (on the other side of town because that's where the healthy one is), but by the time we got there it was closed. So, we headed back towards home to the regular store and figured we'd get some food over there. By the time we got back there, nothing was open. So, we took what we could get since we were absolutely starving. *sigh*

Anywho, starting a 10 day cleanse tomorrow. Mainly because the wife wants to do it, so I'm being supportive, but I also figure what the heck? Maybe it will help things along.

Milage: 3.23 miles

P.S. it's way the hell past my bedtime. Why am I still up?[emoji45]

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Stupid stores!  Well, at least you did eat - sometimes you just have to make do!

I too am curious about the cleanse!

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Awesome theme! Daria carried me through the most cynical years of my life.

What kind of cleanse are you doing?

Ditto. I still look to her sometimes! There are situations when her voice clearly runs through my head. I will always love her.

I'm doing a 10 day green smoothie cleanse (don't quote me on the exact name). The smoothies are made of water, some fruits, and a green or combination of greens. Mostly spinach and/or kale. Apparently, each day has its own smoothie.

I'm doing the modified version where I drink a smoothie for breakfast and one for lunch. For dinner, I'll eat chicken or fish and some sort of veggie. *insert Daria "Yay" here*. I can snack on fruits and veggies through the day.

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Day 3, cleanse day 1

I drank my smoothies and snacked on my carrots.

large.gif

Dinner: chicken and broccoli

My trainer cancelled on me. We haven't been able to get together in so long. I'm totally bummed. We're aiming for tomorrow.

Milage: 2.58

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Good job with the foods girl.

Bummer on your trainer.  Is she the one canceling more often than not?    Is it for good reason?   If it's becoming a habit (and not for great reasons on her part), tell her that you're concerned with it.   If she's not around to help support you in this, then she's not actually doing her job at all.   And trainers cost lots of money - so you should be getting what you're paying for. :P

*climbs off soap box now*

PS.

funny-gif-cute-monkey-hug.gif

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Oh, cool! Maybe I should try something like that. Do you find it difficult to stick to the plan?

I will not lie, I would like to murder someone right now. There's a potluck going on and everyone around me is chowing down on noms. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here with my shake of dirt and carrots.

Sue_is_in_a_rage.gif

Only 8 more days to go...

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge