Chickie.Monkey: You're Standing on My Neck!

Mmm, JUST a rotisserie chicken, you say?  Those are like the little black dress of Paleo Emergencies!  Not to mention that the most fun part is when most of the chicken is eaten and you get to dismantle it with your hands to get all the tasty bits that are left.

Your lunch sounds so tasty!

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Well, you see... never made it to the store. Never made it off the couch. So, yeah, pizza for dinner. Oh, well. One non paleo meal down.

As for today, work stress has me wanting all the foods. I'm stuck at my desk, so I just want to munch. I'm also out of greens, and I think that made my smoothies a little less filling. I litterally want to eat my desk right now. RAH!

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Previous Challenges 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

“Decorum is highly overrated and probably causes cancer.”  ~ Jenny Lawson

Dinner: went out to a Mexican restaurant, but stayed primal. Didn't even eat the chips.

Milage: 1.96

Super low because I was so busy today. I barely got up from my desk at all.

Whoooooa, achievement unlocked:  Will Master!    Zero chips at mexican restaurant!

That is amazing!

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

You are a chip resisting wizard!  I can never manage that - this is why I can't go to Chipotle.  

Also, I found this!

178-e1353554106381-600x451.jpg?a0509d

PIZZA DRAGON! SLAY IT!  

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Today

Smothies - check

Snacked on an apple

Dinner: burger and tots. Eh.

Milage: 2.63

Tomorrow we go to see one of my very favorite groups/shows/combo of the two, Celtic Woman. There will be pre-show dining, but I'm bound and determined to keep it paleo/primal. I know the place we are going has salmon, so I will have salmon. And I will have no dessert. Hear that self? No. Dessert.

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Salmon is the dessert of seafood?  Or is that scallops...

Weekly Wrap Up (Better late than never)

Week 3

Eats

I didn't really keep track of what I was eating this week since I was so freaking busy. I can say that it wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst. I usually ended up with on good meal per day and one not so good meal per day. I probably averaged a C if I were to put a grade on it.

Moves

Work outs: 1/3 - Not a formal workout, but I volunteered at a CrossFit competition and "got to" carry barbells and plates up and down a massive hill. I'm going to call that one hell of a workout.

Milage: 14

Walks of 20/30 minutes: 0/1 Plain just didn't have time.

Mobility

Yoga: 0/1 There was no yoga due to the CrossFit competition at the box

Life

Procrastination: I've been diving in at work and getting things done as soon as they come in, but at home, I'm not doing very well at all. The house is a mess and I don't want to deal with it. I just keep putting it off.

Check in on challenge: Didn't do as well this week as I wanted, but again, just so damn busy!

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Got our clean food delivery! All we have to do is plop it on a plate and heat it up. Life is good!

20150501_134320.jpg

Also, Friday night I saw Delta Rae and they put on the most amazing show. After, they had an informal meet and greet. I was super excited, obviously. :lol:

received_10101284576121336.jpeg

Today

Lunch: Grilled chicken, brown rice, and green beans

Dinner: Grilled trout (I think. Some kind of fish), brown rice and sweet potato

Milage: 2.39

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Yay prepared foods!  It sounds like the biggest obstacle for you right now is finding the time to make everything happen, and prepared meals in the fridge just takes SUCH a load of the ol' thinkybrain.  It sounds like it will be a huge help.  

And yay shows!

You are so adorbs in that pic!   Yay for clean food.  This thing exists? Like ... "Hello, yes, bring me pre-prepared clean foods.  Yes thank you."  BOOM!?   Ooooh so awesome.

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Yay prepared foods! It sounds like the biggest obstacle for you right now is finding the time to make everything happen, and prepared meals in the fridge just takes SUCH a load of the ol' thinkybrain. It sounds like it will be a huge help.

And yay shows!

It's the best! I love that I don't have to think about it. I just grab a container and heat it up. ~love~
  • Like 1

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

You are so adorbs in that pic! Yay for clean food. This thing exists? Like ... "Hello, yes, bring me pre-prepared clean foods. Yes thank you." BOOM!? Ooooh so awesome.

Aw, thank you! I was cheesin hard!

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Today

Lunch: turkey stuffed pepper and sweet potato

Dinner: grilled chicken, broccoli, sweet potato

Milage: 2.65

It seems that I completely buggered my knee while volunteering at the CF competition. I'm under orders to stay off it and ice it whenever possible. I'm hoping it will be good to go after this week. It's a total bummer. :(

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Aw honey.  Sorry about the knee, but DEFINITELY follow the Rx to the T!    Ice, elevate, rest, be kind!  Don't try to hurry back to activity while your body is begging for some TLC.     

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Quick entry:

Today has been all about frustration. My knee has been hurting and I just want it to go back to normal. I know if I lose weight, it will help, but I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. My knee hurts, so I can't really exercise, but I can't lose weight if I don't exercise.

Needless to say, I sat around and felt sorry for myself while eating all the bad food because I'm impatient and I want what I want right now, and that's to be a physically functioning person.

Proper recap coming tomorrow.

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Oh dear oh dear.  Sounds like a rough night.  Bodies change slowly, and it sucks, but you've been doing so well and even with an injured knee, hell, even if your knee turns into a pine cone, you can still make progress with your eating, and those glorious freezer meals!  Standing by for full report, and hope you're feeling better.

Weekly Wrap Up

Week 4

Eats

I did SO good this week (minus the nervous break down Sunday). This prepared healthy meal thing is SO. FREAKING. AWESOME. This is totally the way to go, at least for right now.

Non-Paleo/Primal Meals: I think I took care of that on Sunday.  :rolleyes-new:

Moves

Work outs: 0/3 - Knee ouchie got in the way of this. :(

Milage: 11.77

Walks of 20/30 minutes: 0/1 Again, stupid knee

Mobility

Yoga: 0/1 There was nothing this week.

Life

Procrastination: Getting overwhelmed at work. My favorite thing to do when I have too much to do, is just get up and walk away or play on my phone. Not very productive. There's just so much to do and I don't wanna!

The house is still a pit and I haven't brought myself to do anything about it. Maybe I can just burn it down and start over?

daria_quotes_that_sum_it_up_perfectly_64

Check in on challenge: Didn't do as well this week as I wanted, but again, just so damn busy!

• Like 1

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Today I was in meetings ALL. DAY.

I succumbed to the pizza that was ordered for lunch. I realize I'm allowed 3 non-paleo meals, but I still feel a tad guilty when I consume them. Not to mention, it made me super sick.

Dinner will be one of my prepared meals.

Milage: 1.97 Super low. Blech.

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

You're doing so awesome Chickie! I understand feeling bad about the non-compliant meals we allow ourselves, but I find it better if you think about it as your actual GOAL being to eat 18 paleo meals a week (3*7 meals a week - 3 non-paleo meals) so each paleo meal you eat is building UP to meeting it instead of your non-paleo meal pulling your other goal down.  It helped me get my positivity back in my eating at least... especially because if you're going to have a non-compliant meal you're certainly going to want to enjoy it and not just sit there feeling guilty about it :)

• Like 2

Focus on how the food made your body feel, more so than the guilts you got for it.     We need to get past feeling guilty about eating things outside of our prescribed boxes.  It's not a crime, or a sin.  It's just, food outside our normal, routine perimeters. :)  And that's okay to do!

You're doing well girlfriend.  Keep hanging in there.   Hope the knee feels better soon.  I know how chatty body parts go.   You know the best way to fix a chatty body part?  Break a different part!!  Seriously... once something new hurts, you suddenly go, "Oh wait, that other thing got better somewhere along the way... huh."  LOL

• Like 2

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Focus on how the food made your body feel, more so than the guilts you got for it.     We need to get past feeling guilty about eating things outside of our prescribed boxes.  It's not a crime, or a sin.  It's just, food outside our normal, routine perimeters. :)  And that's okay to do!

You're doing well girlfriend.  Keep hanging in there.   Hope the knee feels better soon.  I know how chatty body parts go.   You know the best way to fix a chatty body part?  Break a different part!!  Seriously... once something new hurts, you suddenly go, "Oh wait, that other thing got better somewhere along the way... huh."  LOL

Solid advice, Starpuck!  I never quite figured out how that one worked...

Cheat meals are weird like that, because they do feel like CHEATING, like you are doing something BAD and REPREHENSIBLE even though it is planned and accounted for.  Brains are weird.  But I think that Raxie is totally right - 18 paleo meals out of 21 is preetty durn awesome, and those last three meals aren't CHEATING, per se, they're...pressure-release valves.  Training wheels?  Parachute?  METAPHORS

• Like 2

Weekly recap to come.

This weekend was a washout foodwise. The wife and I went to Atlanta for a show and met up with some friends. There was bad food the whole time. I did try to be good and at some point even ordered the least bad choice, but I made many more bad choices that probably negated that. But, I had lots of fun.

After the show, my friends (who are in way better shape than I am), decided we should run up the stairs of the amphitheater (We had table seating on the ground floor). While I didn't run, I went as fast as I could and didn't stop. I was quite proud of myself. Although my knee is a little pissed off at me and quads are still sore. 

I weighted in this morning and, well, yikes. But it's to be expected and I'm sure it's just flash pounds and will go away soon.

• Like 2

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge