Glass: that challenge where he gets serious about guitar

Glass

Autocorrect why u so stupid? Yes, I meant to type BJJ. Well that's convenient that they are so different. Do you have an eye towards MMA, or just interested in both?

Haha i thought you meant that ;) Eventually! I don't mind it taking a while but I think that would be pretty cool to get into fights and test myself. I know I have to get through the wall of hitting people and getting hit, but I DO like the idea of me eventually doing some mma stuff.. no plans for anything big, but some small time stuff might be awesome.

Autocorrect.  :lol:

It looks like you are enjoying the martial arts classes.  Are you going to become a Monk?

Not to mention that they get you in shape!! I was a monk last challenge but I'm moving around for a bit because I feel like I have that wheel going and stable and am working on this aspect of my dream now. I know that doing activities with people make you way more invested, so I want to get through this hump of learning enough guitar to be able to play with other people so I can get that wheel going and stable as well..

tumblr_n4thuskj8R1rlssw1o1_1280.jpg

Electricityscape..

4-19.

-Spent a good amount of time buying tickets for my eurotrip in a month and lodging, dam I should not have waited so long to buy international tickets... dam xD

-Social: read some threads on AOC, did the weekly quiz, and found this intriguing article that explains why I am chronically 5 minutes late to work.. It's not that I dont respect other peoples time or want to be late but rather that I just don't want to be early. Being 5 minutes is a valuable use of my time:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/thriving101/201411/the-real-reason-some-us-are-chronically-late

Results: 3

• Like 2

Level 85. Adventure Knight. 

str 165 dex 156 sta 167 con 167 wis 185 cha 173 

"You have in you the seeds of greatness and the seeds of destruction. The seeds you nurture will prevail. Choose wisely."

"Spring comes, the grass grows by itself" ~Zen proverb

1ST WEEK WRAPUP!

Challenge #1 (Guitar): 2/3

Challenge #2 (Fight): 2/2

Challenge #3 (Social): 2/3

Sidequest #4 (Misc): 2/3

Sidequest #5 (Dance): 1/3

64% Completion: D

-Not a greatt start, but I am always less productive when I go back home. Try to do all 5 things on those days off next week.. I'll blame it on the busy busy sunday!

tumblr_niif4pL4nn1sks7gpo1_500.jpg

• Like 2

"You have in you the seeds of greatness and the seeds of destruction. The seeds you nurture will prevail. Choose wisely."

4-20.

-Work 11-10, just worked on habits, eating, and sleep. Also sent email.

Results: none

4-21.

-Another work 11-10. Bought coworker good luck cake, habits, crockpot.

1ST WEEK WRAPUP!

Challenge #3 (Social): 2/3

64% Completion: D

-Not a greatt start, but I am always less productive when I go back home. Try to do all 5 things on those days off next week.. I'll blame it on the busy busy sunday!

tumblr_niif4pL4nn1sks7gpo1_500.jpg

It wasn't that bad!  Step back off that ledge!

But seriously, you did some good stuff week one.  Time to kick it into another gear!

Level 5 Shapeshifter Monk

STR 10.75   :   DEX 7.5  :   STA 8.5   :   CON 5   :   WIS 7.5   :   CHA 7

Challenge: I am an Avenger

Past: 1st, Draugr, Super-hero, Rocky

A soon-to-be married Kung Fu enthusiast  

It wasn't that bad!  Step back off that ledge!

But seriously, you did some good stuff week one.  Time to kick it into another gear!

Yeah! Maybe not the best letter grade in school, but if you were a team with a 67% winning average, that'd be pretty dang good! And now you have somewhere to go for next week :)

level 4 medusa monk

STR 6 | STA 5 | DEX 5 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 4

challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (current)

myfitnesspal | fitbit | habitrpg

sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

64% was a C where and when I was going to school.  It was quite often a B when I was in university, depending on the curve, of course.

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Lmao! Thanks guys. This week is tough since tmr will be the only full day off out of 7 days, but w/e. Even more important to get all 5 parts done tmr.

tumblr_mvx1aqgIHw1qa9ddao1_500.jpg

<- these taste great in crockpot btw. Like a juicy explosion.

4-22.

-BJJ class. With my teacher injured classes have gone from spars to drills. Which is fine by me since I'm green like grass. Bob is 80 lbs. I take Bob, sweep, pick him up around his knees, try to take a couple of steps, and slam him down on the mat! repeatedly. Alternate with balance on the medicine ball (throw in some knee on the bellies) and alternate with knee on the bellies on Bob lying down coupled with some armbars. Was seeing spots in my vision near the end. My teacher was telling me to finish strong but I have to save some for the car ride home xD WHOA I'm tired. How am I gonna go to Muay Thai tmr....

Results: 2

• Like 1

Lmao! Thanks guys. This week is tough since tmr will be the only full day off out of 7 days, but w/e. Even more important to get all 5 parts done tmr.

tumblr_mvx1aqgIHw1qa9ddao1_500.jpg

<- these taste great in crockpot btw. Like a juicy explosion.

4-22.

-BJJ class. With my teacher injured classes have gone from spars to drills. Which is fine by me since I'm green like grass. Bob is 80 lbs. I take Bob, sweep, pick him up around his knees, try to take a couple of steps, and slam him down on the mat! repeatedly. Alternate with balance on the medicine ball (throw in some knee on the bellies) and alternate with knee on the bellies on Bob lying down coupled with some armbars. Was seeing spots in my vision near the end. My teacher was telling me to finish strong but I have to save some for the car ride home xD WHOA I'm tired. How am I gonna go to Muay Thai tmr....

Results: 2

Just imagine how poor Bob feels....

IMG_1096.jpg

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

Sorry bob! xD But what exactly is that you are watching in those sunglasses?

Wow.  All these things sound like a lot!  How's guitar going this week so far?

Lol... did my first session today. Trying to hit 3 this week but working 6/7 days doesn't help. You start a new challenge thread? If so imma stalk haha

tumblr_ne69viUg5x1rlcp9oo1_500.jpg

4-23.

-Finished up lesson on intervals. Based on the way a guitar's strings are tuned, moving down a string on the same fret will give you a perfect fourth. Moving two strings over on the same fret is an augmented sixth or a minor 7th. Power chords are made up of 1-5-8.

-Read BJJ roadmap and mount, rear mount, watched video on rear naked choke, RNC, or more dramatically, the lion killer. So badass.

-Week 2 module AOC.

-Day 1 of confidence, day 15 of introvert challenge.

-Tried some salsa steps. This is really fun!

Results: 1,2,3,4,5

• Like 1

Sounds kinda dirty.

Lmaooooo.

tumblr_nmfvm1BdmY1tsaf9zo1_400.gif

Bloom.

4-24.

-First half hour of lesson 14. Learned about interval inversions, and introduction to scales. Turns out the major diatonic scale is also know as the Ionian mode... exciting to know that I'm finally gonna learn soon all these music terms I thought I would never understand and always shied away from..

-Finished BJJ roadmap, turtling, and looked into some apps to help me study at home. Kinky

-Introvert/confidence challenges

Results: 1,2,4

• Like 2

-Introvert/confidence challenges

Probably the majority of us on here are introverts.  I suppose I deal with a lot of contradictions between perception and reality and sometimes I get confused about it too.  The confidence issues might come down to just owning my own list is issues.  There is a thread over here devoted to introverts and I read it for a while.

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Want to play?  MFPvP

Probably the majority of us on here are introverts.  I suppose I deal with a lot of contradictions between perception and reality and sometimes I get confused about it too.  The confidence issues might come down to just owning my own list is issues.  There is a thread over here devoted to introverts and I read it for a while.

I'm definitely an introvert too, I absolutely like to stay home sometimes and do my own thing and see people just as "a bother" sometimes. Maybe thats a major difference between how introverts and extroverts think. Extroverts see other people as sources of energy and introverts see them as sources of anti-energy. I like learning about extroverts because I feel I can understand myself a lot better.

4-25.

-8-8 shift, nothing. :)

• Like 2

^^I thought of this when you gave that explanation.

enhanced-buzz-1166-1390336422-25.jpg

• Like 3

Spoiler

Want to play?  MFPvP

^^I thought of this when you gave that explanation.

enhanced-buzz-1166-1390336422-25.jpg

I like this.. Totally describes me. I have moments of extroversion but it always seems like an exception..

4-26.

-8-8 shift again, watched blue is the warmest color and just chilled. Drained. I want to try a cold shower next time I get home from a long day. Apparently the feeling you get after is amazing.. Nothing makes you feel as strong and confident and energetic as overcoming yourself and your laziness :)

tumblr_mxojozy23j1rtynt1o1_500.jpg

WEEK 2 WRAPUP!

Challenge #3 (Social): 1/3

=57% F

xD Expected, as I only had one full day off all last week. Very productive that one day though. Man I gotta pick up the pace!

Lol not too many days off this week either so my goal is a 70%!

tumblr_n4fu20R4Bf1s483sxo1_500.jpg

Ahhh, can never go wrong with a good galaxy pic ;)

4-27.

-Picked up a shift for sick coworker, drove home, and played video games from the tiring day. Lol shiet.

4-28.

-Bday! Not too productive but got some cause of waking up early..

-Finished lesson 14! Introduction to Lydian, mixolydian, dorian, phyrgian, aeolian, harmonic minor scales, and a few more i dont remember :P

-Some lessons for being confident. Being unedited and spontaneous really helps you live in the moment.

Results: 1,4

• Like 2

Mmmmmmmmmmmm space photography.

Come on week 3!  You got this!

Yes they are always a good idea! What's your profile image about btw?

tumblr_mp37s9J8Sa1qktf2io1_500.jpg

I've decided that I'm gonna contribute to atleast one goal every single day, no matter how tired or busy I am that day. That means 11-10 shifts, 8-8 shifts, I always want atleast a half hour of work every single day on any subject I'm interested in. Probably mostly guitar or martial arts, but anything depending on my mood. I want to be able to say that I work on my dreams every single fking day. Improve every single day. :pirate:

4-29.

-Practiced switching between E barre shape forms with a time machine. Got real comfortable switching to the Emaj7 chord, as well as E, Em, E7, Em7, and E5. 10 minutes quickly turned into 45 minutes and I was fascinated. I thought being tired after work meant watching meaningless tv but playing guitar was refreshing and captured my whole imagination, this is not work, its the opposite: relaxation. Yum.

• Like 1

I've decided that I'm gonna contribute to atleast one goal every single day, no matter how tired or busy I am that day. That means 11-10 shifts, 8-8 shifts, I always want atleast a half hour of work every single day on any subject I'm interested in. Probably mostly guitar or martial arts, but anything depending on my mood. I want to be able to say that I work on my dreams every single fking day. Improve every single day. :pirate:

Ooh, I love this! There's usually a point where I know I'm not getting to have a perfect day, but making sure that you're always moving forward is a great idea!

• Like 1

level 4 medusa monk

STR 6 | STA 5 | DEX 5 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 4

challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (current)

myfitnesspal | fitbit | habitrpg

sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

Thanks for the encouragement peeps! I got off work and played some guitar. Instead of being "work," as soon as I got into it I felt engaged and revitalized playing what I wanted, and curiosity took over and I felt satisfied afterwards...

tumblr_nja00qnyp91sulnzno1_500.jpg

Cacti and galaxi. Is galaxi even a word... lol

4-30.

-30 minutes of switching between E barre chords, for major, minor, dom7, min7, maj7, 5 chords. Feel pretty comfortable playing them to a beat keeper.

Results: 1

5-1.

-Overtired, watched a movie and went to bed early.

5-2.

-Eye exam for new contacts, and then movie, dinner, and drinks afterwards.

-Quick exercise on confidence

Results: 3,4

5-3.

-Lesson 15: More about scales.

-AoC articles

-Confidence

Results: 1,3,4

• Like 2