Alexandrite Truly Purposes for Change

Alexandrite

The truth is, I have two problems right now. And they are taking me down at every turn so it's time to change that.

A: I don't truly trust God will take care of things. I have to add my own plans/thoughts/worries/interference to life and miss out on the spontaneity and joy of being human.

B: I don't truly motivate myself to do the hard and necessary things because I think deep down 'it will get done by someone else, some other time' or there isn't enough reward for me in it so my efforts peeter out.

These two things are preventing me from living life to the best of my ability and enjoying it at the same time. I had an awful challenge last round where I didn't level up in any way, I didn't do anything to improve myself or my situation, and worst of all I was able to lie to myself and call it 'maintaining.' These two problems are also why my anti-fragile challenge previous to that had kind of a lackluster finish and I kept making excuses.

Well if I do anything for myself before I turn 30 in August, it is going to be living life every day killing these two problems. I no longer care if I know how to drive a motorcycle or fly a plane (what I thought I would do before 30 when I was young and dreaming). I care about whether I am being genuine, loving the gifts God gave me, and giving back by doing what needs to be done to be awesome.

So I'm setting up some purpose sub-quests. I'm going to be doing them every day, and *I* will be the one responsible for my change. Let's go.

Main quest:

Kill the trust and motivation problems daily for six weeks straight to develop better life habits.

Subquest 1: Genuine Purpose

Stop with all the bull. I don't have to lie to others about how I'm doing, I certainly don't have to lie to myself, and I can't lie to God. No excuses.

Every day, open prayer to God, honest conversations with friends to let them know they are important to me, and once a week share openly about my life in my bible study.

Subquest 2: Loving Gifts Purpose

I don't do nearly enough to appreciate everything I have been given, both in life and in myself. In fact, I talk myself down quite a bit mentally and out loud. God gave me gifts and I need to love them. It starts with appreciating my body by flossing and other daily care rituals. It spreads out to doing things I love and am good at.

Every day, do one thing to care for myself and one thing that makes me productively happy.

Subquest 3: Giving Back Purposefully

I need to stop looking at everything as a requirement of my time and efforts and see it as an opportunity to give back 100% what has been given to me in life. Buckle down time. Work out every day. Doesn't matter what it looks like, as long as the heart rate gets up, the muscles get flexed, and it lasts for at least 30 minutes. Take care of me and everyone else benefits from a happier person!

Grading is simply pass or fail daily, averaged over each week. When I come out the other end of this 6 week challenge with passing grades, I will reward myself with ziplining for my birthday. I will pay for and reserve it! I wish this could be NF camp instead, but another year. =)

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

• Like 1

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31

Great challenge. I am learning that my not trusting in God's love and goodness are  a big part of my worry problems. I'm still working on it, but some of the things that help me; Starting out my day with prayer and worshiping God, praising Him for who He is, then thinking of three things the day before and thanking Him for that, when I start to worry about something-stop and thank God for His care-pray quickly about it-then move on to the next thing I need to do and purpose not to dwell on it, and also writing out things I am thankful for that God has blessed me and placing them on 3 x 5 cards that I will see throughout the day. Really just trying to make habits of thankfulness to God and acknowledgement of His goodness. 

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Great challenge. I am learning that my not trusting in God's love and goodness are a big part of my worry problems. I'm still working on it, but some of the things that help me; Starting out my day with prayer and worshiping God, praising Him for who He is, then thinking of three things the day before and thanking Him for that, when I start to worry about something-stop and thank God for His care-pray quickly about it-then move on to the next thing I need to do and purpose not to dwell on it, and also writing out things I am thankful for that God has blessed me and placing them on 3 x 5 cards that I will see throughout the day. Really just trying to make habits of thankfulness to God and acknowledgement of His goodness.

Yes, I absolutely agree! I started out today looking at the beautiful Utah scenery in the early morning and I felt inspired to read Psalm 23 out loud to my children. I'm a fan of old English in general so KJV it was. My son even asked me to repeat it. I've felt a lot more at peace, but I still suffer from the anxiety/worry of raising my children right, and need to recognize God's presence in their lives as well as my own. Thankfulness will be multiplied!

Yesterday went great. I will update the first post to show some subquests, but I was able to do a workout while cooking dinner (in a skirt and apron no less) that made me feel happy about being able to move. I'm wearing a wrist brace with metal support for any time I'm lifting or doing strenuous stuff and it has helped a lot. I only had difficulty on the third round of pushups.

Start Bodyweight Warmup

Beginner Bodyweight Workout (standard)

Start Bodyweight Cooldown.

I'm still tossing around the idea of somehow coding a skill chart like what people make for MMORPGs and such. I finished the website store and changed everything I needed to change for the preschool website, so I'm caught up on required digital projects and want to do something fun.

More driving for the next 4 days? We are scooting right ahead of storms, so I'm very grateful!

• Like 1

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Okay quests updated. =)

Also, I'm a huge fan of housetrucks. I think they are the coolest things ever and I would love to build one. Maybe even as cool as this one!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DCnHGKUh-5O4&ved=0CCgQtwIwAA&usg=AFQjCNHMzmCEqm6yVMOblM_Zc2yHxijyaw

I'm so glad to see you back! I hope you are able to find some peace and purpose, you deserve it! Loving yourself and doing things for yourself will benefit everyone in your family. You are a strong and amazing woman, and I can't wait to see what you accomplish <3

• Like 1

You aren't going to get the butt you want by sitting on the one you have.
Challenges: 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10  • 11 â€¢ 12 • 13 • Current

Aspiring Success Story: start 242     current 179.8     goal 142  |  Total Lost: 62.2 lbs  Follow me on Facebook

Half-Nymph Assassin Warrior • Level Up Club Alumni • Nerd Fitness Academy Member • Camp Nerd Fitness Attendee

Mon:

Pass on all counts

Tues:

Genuine - pass

Loving - pass

Giving - fail

Didn't end up having time for a workout of any kind because I was strapped in a truck for 260+ miles. It was a long day and my husband has been feeling under the weather. The kids did not enjoy us pushing to make it to Denver to see friends, but we had a very good overnight stay at Chatfield, and spent most of today repairing random broken things on the trailer. Nothing like a cross country road trip to make bolts vibrate loose or valves not shut completely.

The good news? So far I have had a great day and I have yet to feel low energy or moodiness. I was going through my medicine cabinet before the trip and I've had a bottle of plant-based prenatal vitamins for a while in there. They made me nauseous while pregnant but I thought I would give them a try now since I felt my body needed something. I have felt better the last 3-4 days than I have felt in a while. Yay!

Still need to workout today, but I fit in my genuine goals and thankfulness this morning.

• Like 1

glad to hear your trip is going well :) I'm sure the family time is nice, but I know you'll be glad when you are back to 'normal' :)

• Like 1

Aspiring Success Story: start 242     current 179.8     goal 142  |  Total Lost: 62.2 lbs  Follow me on Facebook

Half-Nymph Assassin Warrior • Level Up Club Alumni • Nerd Fitness Academy Member • Camp Nerd Fitness Attendee

Hello week 2!

Well, back on the road today for lots of driving over the next 5-6 days to get home. Last week I averaged about every other day passing on all my subquests. I'd say the willpower battle is my worst challenge right now. The mini got me kind of excited to do more though, so I'm hoping I will see more success this week.

Short and sweet, let's get to it!

• Like 1

Well here I was signing in to say the challenge is going to be a wash this week for me because I simply don't have the willpower and personal fortitude to fight through a 2000+ mile road trip AND shark week...

And then I check out the mini's going on and get all fired up at everyone's awesome participation and banter and fun. Guess that wash will have to wait because I want to go hunting too! And even if I'm just some kind of jester on the sidelines feeding the dogs I still want to be there. I want my life to be fun. I want it to be the game I am best at! New day tomorrow.

• Like 2

The week is never a wash if you don't want it to be. I know traveling is super stressful and shark week - man I FEEL ya there. But today I woke up and decided no more crap, and you can, too! I'm glad the minis are helping, some time I'll have enough time to do some of those along with my main.

• Like 1

Bam, 100 burpees down right before dinner. I managed to squeeze myself in the bedroom of the trailer and do them in increments of 15 until they were done. I've never done a burpee before, do let's just say I feel awesome and my husband was impressed.

Back on the road for another couple of hours soon. We blew right through Denver and are making our way toward Utah now. Thanks everyone for being so encouraging! And yes, the mini's are on a whole different level this time, I love it!

• Like 2

Well, we are making our way through southern Utah. 700 or so miles to go. Supposed to be home tomorrow night. It's going to be tough.

But hey, I just got to eat real, well seasoned, artfully cooked steak for the first time in MONTHS. Can't tell you enough how happy it made me. And then no dishes after. Yes! A true treat.

• Like 1

I'm definitely still at the point where I have no idea what my body can really do. I just need to do it smart and no injuries will slow me down! Breaking them up into increments of 15 really helped, and that was about my max each set before I had to walk around a bit.

Going to sit down right now and write out my journal. Been slacking this week.

• Like 1

Sunday finished off well and is making for a good Monday.

I flossed, I journaled, I worked out, I read my bible this morning.

It is SO good to be home. Ready to catch up on home stuff and feel more settled. Our windshield is ruined from a sandstorm we passed through in the Mohave desert on Sat and some things on the trailer need fixing from the long journey, but we did it! My first cross country trip, my first time driving East of the Mississippi!

Anyway, looking forward to the next mini. I may actually change my workout subquest to include mini participation, it's helping me stay interested.

I'm also searching for motivation to return to yoga class. I love it, but I'm concerned about injuring my wrist again. It's been two months since the sprain and I still have a hard time turning it in certain directions without a little pain. Maybe I still need more time before getting back into it. Or I can talk to the instructor about it.

• Like 1

I'm definitely still at the point where I have no idea what my body can really do. I just need to do it smart and no injuries will slow me down! Breaking them up into increments of 15 really helped, and that was about my max each set before I had to walk around a bit.

Going to sit down right now and write out my journal. Been slacking this week.

I did a crazy 500 push-up in a day challenge, and I can't believe I managed it! some people did 1000. Crazy. It's amazing what our bodies can do, and we have no idea until we try. I know how annoying the small injuries can be, I'm just trying to gently work through mine. I've found that I heal SO much faster if I stay active. If i try to rest completely, it just never wants to get better. I'm working on wrist strength, and man it's hard. Really, it's weird how long wrists stay sore! If you love the yoga, I would say keep trying it. Just be mindful (which I'm sure you are).

Glad you mad it back! and it sounds like a very successful trip. And bonus steak!

• Like 1

It's a few after midnight. I have been having upset stomach off and on all day. I eventually just got out of bed a while ago after everyone fell asleep and poached some yoga poses for the mini. It helped me stretch and I feel a bit more settled. I know I will be exhausted tomorrow but I would rather be tired than have tummy issues. First time I've had to take TUMS in a while too. I haven't exactly been eating the best lately. It nags at my self conscious but I ignore it like a fruit fly...

Honestly, I'm just lazy about doing better food wise. I don't really even enjoy the sugar indulgences (like the churros I had). It's more like I eat this way to maintain some kind of standard intake my body is used to. I'm concerned/afraid of how I might feel in sugar/glucose withdrawals, but I'm also worried I may be becoming hypoglycemic again. And I am not eating nearly enough leafy greens of any kind (salad once a week if I remember....).

So I guess it might be time to develop an attack plan for next challenge when it comes to food. I will keep up with the wrist recovery, body therapy, and physical activity, plus personal appreciation, and mull diet changes over.

As a side note, today was the first day in a while where I felt negatively about my day/myself, mostly because I based my success measurement off my husband's mood. I think tomorrow will be better.

• Like 1

As a life long hypoglycemic who has now become insulin resistant, the best thing I've ever done is cut the crap from my diet. I do low carb, but more importantly than that I cut out all grains. All. Grains. I don't have near the amount of issues I had before. I don't get cravings. I don't have sugar crashes. I don't get hungry like I used to. Focusing on your diet is by far the most important thing you can do. But you know that :) For me, it had a huge positive impact on my health. It does get better. Yes, sugar withdraws are pretty darn terrible for a week or two. Yes, it's hard at first and feeling bad makes it worse. Yes, it's totally worth it in the end.

I'm sorry you had a negative day. My husband made my evening bad with his attitude, so I totally get that. I had to really make an effort to change my attitude to a positive one this morning. If he's still grumpy tonight I'm going to banish him to the study. I don't need his negativity dragging down another night.

• Like 1

As a life long hypoglycemic who has now become insulin resistant, the best thing I've ever done is cut the crap from my diet. I do low carb, but more importantly than that I cut out all grains. All. Grains. I don't have near the amount of issues I had before. I don't get cravings. I don't have sugar crashes. I don't get hungry like I used to. Focusing on your diet is by far the most important thing you can do. But you know that :) For me, it had a huge positive impact on my health. It does get better. Yes, sugar withdraws are pretty darn terrible for a week or two. Yes, it's hard at first and feeling bad makes it worse. Yes, it's totally worth it in the end.

I'm sorry you had a negative day. My husband made my evening bad with his attitude, so I totally get that. I had to really make an effort to change my attitude to a positive one this morning. If he's still grumpy tonight I'm going to banish him to the study. I don't need his negativity dragging down another night.

Thank you! Yes, I keep avoiding the elephant in the room. I know diet is key, but I keep changing everything else hoping it will be fine. I talked with my husband about stuff tonight and he felt I didn't have any problems with sugar overall, but then again he also does not want to really address diet changes. Time for some tactical meal planning...

Truth - this week sucked. A lot. Kids melting down at every ridiculous sentence or request, fighting, me crying 3 times in one day, then pretending everything is great when it isn't. We finally worked out stuff today. But it all really IS okay now because my husvand and I have made some really great discoveries about each other and our relationship, plus what we need to do to help balance life.

So here's to another week of overall not meeting my set subquests but making awesome life progress despite crap in general!

• Like 1

So where are we at now?

Monday I read my bible, took care of the husband and house, managed the insurance adjuster for our truck and trailer damage from the sandstorm, etc. When Dr. Focker (he totally picked that name) got home he watched the kids. I went for a drive past a home I saw for sale (ah dreams) and then forced myself to go for a long walk at the beach in the windy chill. I sat for quite a while thinking about what I'm doing and where my motivation lies. Been feeling a bit lost lately despite having clear 'things to do' in front of me. I kind of just let it all go instead of brood over it more.

I also called and talked with my sister to help grow that relationship more, and picked up store stuff for today.

I've been feeling really out of it this morning, low energy, lethargic mood, and not motivated to do much. But I helped hubby, read bible, and took the kids out and we got lots of activity in anyway. Time to tackle the nap. I'm going to sleep as well and hopefully recharge myself.

Stomach hasn't been cooperating lately and my sleep has been poor. Too much sugar and crap? Teddie's advice is really hanging on me - what am I doing to myself diet wise? Health wise? Is it really worth it? Anyway, the sugar thing. I'll come back to it.

• Like 1