An Astounding Affirmation Adoring Awesome Assassin Audacity!! (video submissions)

Hazard

Help us make another Assassin Guild Video!

Have you seen our Guild promo video?

(if not, you aren't reading the guild Announcements thread, you slackers!)

Here it is again, just in case ;)

Scuttlebutt around the Den last challenge is that people want to see more!

And that's what this thread is all about.

Now, I take credit for the ridiculous thread title.

But what follows is brought to you by starsapart.  So send your "likes" her way. :encouragement:

Fired up yet?  Well, you should be!  If you're here, you probably already know just how amazingly awesome and diverse the Assassins' Guild is.  To outsiders, though... well, we've got a bit of a reputation with some of them as being one-trick parkour ponies, don't we?  In fact, nothing could be further from the truth  -  And it's time to proudly demonstrate that to the world!

Assassins train in a wide variety of ways - parkour is only one piece of the eclectic puzzle.  We invite you to submit a video of your favorite Assassiny training - whatever that means to you!  We'll create a compilation that guild members can watch to get fired up, and that Ambassadors can use to share with potential recruits to give a better idea of just what we're all about around here!

A few notes:

• There is no skill too small!  Sure, some people will probably be doing backflips (I am looking at you, gymnasts), but it's just as important to demonstrate that we are a guild with all levels of practitioners!  Do a single push-up - it counts!  Do a simple yoga flow - it counts!  Dance like a lunatic - IT COUNTS!  Of course, if you want to show off your epic parkour skills, it definitely counts, too!
  • You can provide a link to YouTube, Dropbox, Google Drive, whatever.  Just make sure that the eventual compiler can find your video when we've got enough material to work with.  Please post your video submission as a response to this thread.
  • BE SAFE.  Please don't take on unfamiliar/super-advanced skills just for the sake of the video.  Injuries suck.
  • Participation is completely voluntary.  Don't want to be on camera?  That's fine!  You can hopefully still enjoy the final result. ^_^
  • If you have a question, feel free to post it here!
  • If you have a question or concern that you don't want to address in the public forum, please PM starsapart to discuss!

What are you waiting for?  Get out there and show us your amazing feats of awesome!

• Like 5

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Reserved for the list of submissions!

Achaedia (pull-ups)

brutalbears (climbing)

dancezwithkittehs (aerial hammock)

Elastigirl (headstands, bodyweight) (also KB swings here)

erosan (bodyweight workout + kiddo!)

Hazard (hand balancing) (also chin-ups here, ring push-ups here, and handstands here)

karinajean (martial arts and plank + kitty!)

lucky fire dragon (pole, more here)

Mandrill (rings, tumbling)

Nanners (gymnastics rings)

Nymeria (climbing, rings, various)

mediaguy99 (trapeze) (stills here)

Phayze (rope dart)

raptron (gymnastics)

Starpuck (pull-ups + push-ups)

SymphonicDan (gymnastics, slacklining, calisthenics)

sylph (aerial fabric, more here)

Trewest (treadmill army crawls)

Yuen (calisthenics, various) (also here and here)

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

here it is again, hope it fits the purpose:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7pphyKHxjRULTRpYXVmcXd0aEk/view?usp=sharing 

I have the setting for watching, but can give rights to work on it to someone if I have their email address. So just pm that to me and I'll set permission for that.

Sooo excited to see what everyone's doing!!!

We still need Priscillia for the more advanced pole moves, mine are pretty basic, but maybe a non-poler won't notice  :playful:

• Like 9

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Is there a deadline? I'd like to participate but I don't know if I'll have anything video-worthy anytime too soon. ;;;;;;;;;;

I'm guessing it will take at least the duration of this challenge to collect enough material.

Don't overthink it, yeah? :love_heart:  No need to do the Most Epic Thing Ever!  Anything you do will be awesome.

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I need to get a video of me dancing solo since I don't wanna throw all my dance girls in this without permission (oh hey I'll be at coachella this weekend maybe I can make a friend and have them video me dancing my ass off!!) for now I know we have Sylph on silks but here is me flopping about on hammock:

• Like 6

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Hmmmmm!   Since any level is welcome, and I had actually gathered this clip just this past Sunday to check my form... it seems like fateful timing!   And I've noticed, we don't have any female puller-upper videos yet!

Also, an older video for pushups stuff - because, hockey girls are crazy and this is what we do after a game!

(starting at 22 seconds to avoid set up and commentary lol!)

• Like 10

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Soon to be assassin here!

This is my cool down exercise after workouts. 3 sets of 5 reps, or 10 if I'm not too tired

Ignore the bad form, this was after a super intense workout and I was exhausted.

• Like 4

Faedra the level 1 Lycan 
STR 1|DEX 3|CON 1|STA 1|WIS 3|CHA 1

Current Challenge  | Battle Log

What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable - Socrates

Here's a little something you might like: Rope Dart Practice!  ^^

• Like 9

Level 0 Air Nomad Assassin
STR: 0 STA: 0 DEX: 0 CON: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

Current Challenge: [Url= http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/80570-phayze-accepts-an-apprenticeship-as-an-airbender-respawn/]Apprentice Airbender![/url]

Check Out My LEGO Stuff on Flickr!
"The next golden age of human achievement begins here and now" -Neil Degrasse Tyson, Cosmos

These are from Youtube. I'm not  sure how that works as far as putting them into a montage video, as right now they are private. Maybe we the video is made,I put them public for a short time?

• Like 6

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

The last one didn't show, and it was me doing kettlebell swings outside in the winter

• Like 6

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I don't know if I'll have time to do anything new this time, but...

You can use anything from this except the hooping (because there are people on here who are much better and should submit things instead).  Some of the stuff is at 2x speed (8 angle and wild thing sequence), so I could send the regular speed ones if you want those bits.

Here's a really old climbing video:

Here's me messing around with backbends (another really old video):

• Like 8

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2