SunlitSapling Sails for the Tower of the Gods

tumblr_m9sd2nfCUX1r0oa3lo1_500.gif

Good morning, assassins! 

Time to get back into a new six-week challenge! Because of our "best dressed" answers last challenge (and because I've watched the WW HD Game Grumps about three times in the past month), I'm going to be using Wind Waker as my inspiration this time!

My challenge is going to be kind of weirdly structured this time, as I learned that weekly checklists really helped me get things done!

There are two parts to the challenge: my sidequests (things that I must do EVERY week) and my weekly island quests! The island quests are checklists that contain a certain number of workout reps (200 squats, dumbbell rows, etc) as well as things I need to do like mow the lawn, clean my bathroom, etc. 

My Sidequests: 

tumblr_n8rdlphYPM1sjnuu8o1_540.jpg

Sailing Along: Rollerblade 4x/week

tumblr_m9wq8x0X0o1r0oa3lo1_500.gif

Grandma's Soup: Cook myself a yummy meal 5x/week

tumblr_n6o5uozAGE1qbc2ylo1_500.gif

Break's over, kids!

• Like 4

Level 4 Assassin 

Hufflepuff House

Sunlit Embraces Earth and Sea - Current Challenge

tumblr_n2x49hOdfX1twz7bno2_r1_400.gif

Week 1 Island Quests - Outset Island

Training With Orca:

- 500 suburi w/shinai (0/500) Didn't even touch this

- 200 wall push-ups (82/200)

- 50 incline push-ups (13/50)

- 25 knee push-ups (2/25)

- 50 lunges (50/50) DONE! Actually ended up with 130 because of the mini.

- 50 squats (50/50) DONE!

- 100 dumbbell rows (12lb weight) (20/100)

Pig Catching

- 10 army crawls across bedroom (3/10)

- Farmer's carry bag of planting dirt for 10 laps around the outside of the house FAIL. Bag broke after one lap. Jogged 4 more anyway. 

Find any Rupees? 

- Mow the lawn Due to weather, lawn wasn't long enough to be mowed. 

Help Grandma

- Sweep lanai DONE!

- Clean and organize bathroom â€‹About half done. 

Sweet New Clothes

- Sort through clothes About half done

- Donate old clothes One bag in car ready to donate, one more on its way. 

- Buy new work shoes (flats) DONE

- Buy at least 2 new work shirts (Searched but didn't find anything work-appropriate that fit)

• Like 2

Level 4 Assassin 

Hufflepuff House

tumblr_njke4rRQgx1s2smryo4_500.gif

Week 2 Island Quests - Forsaken Fortress

Get Swabbin', Swabbie!

- Deep clean bathroom

- Swiffer bedroom floor

Repair Communication Stone

- Get phone finally upgraded DONE!

Convict Conditioning

- Hunt at least 2 rabbits (100 sit-ups) and one boar (100 squats) for the mini challenge. â€‹DONE! Final numbers are 143 sit-ups, 115 squats, and 56 burpees.

Any Treasure in This Place?

- Figure out monthly expenses

- Deposit checks

- Pay bills DONE

Level 4 Assassin 

Hufflepuff House

Beginning Measurements:
Weight: 159.5lbs (after work aka my heaviest time on 04-13-2015)
Waist: 38" at belly button
Thigh (right): 21" at freckle
Arm (left): 12" at freckle

Day One PRs:
Wall Push-Ups: 27
Incline Push-Ups: 6
Knee Push-Ups: 2
Squats: 14 before I broke form on 15
Forearm Plank: 45 seconds

Rollerblading 5k: 22:12, against strong storm winds

Today when I get home from work I'm going to take my measurements and have a mini fitness test where I see how many of the above exercises I can do in good form without resting. Rests WILL be taken between each PR test, though. Breaking form counts as the end of the reps. DONE!

At the end of the challenge, I'll do these simple exercises again and see how much I've improved!

• Like 1

Level 4 Assassin 

Hufflepuff House

I love your weekly island quests! That's such a great idea!

Thanks! The last challenges taught me that doing "workout 3x/week" for all six weeks gets stagnant and boring for me really fast. I also love weekly to-do checklists!

Also it's really really fun theming what I need to get done to the islands in Wind Waker. If this goes well, I might finish off the game in the next challenge!

Oh and my lovely roomie PrinceRobotCat is doing a guild-wars themed challenge in the recruits!! I might have to steal their concept later on :)

Level 4 Assassin 

Hufflepuff House

Coming over to see your awesome from House Baratheon! the assassin challenge. Apologies, I got your house mixed up. Mine is the fury, let's hear you roar!

house-lannister.jpg

I LOVE your weekly checklist idea, I'm going to borrow that for my next challenge. You're awesome!

• Like 1

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

Coming over to see your awesome from House Baratheon! the assassin challenge. Apologies, I got your house mixed up. Mine is the fury, let's hear you roar!

house-lannister.jpg

I LOVE your weekly checklist idea, I'm going to borrow that for my next challenge. You're awesome!

It's okay I kept looking at the document on my phone and being all "aw yeah we're pulling ahead... no wait that's not us" because I assumed gold was Lannister for some reason. 

Thanks for the support! I'm going to try and do a proper writeup for this week's summary tomorrow!

• Like 1

Level 4 Assassin 

Hufflepuff House

It's okay I kept looking at the document on my phone and being all "aw yeah we're pulling ahead... no wait that's not us" because I assumed gold was Lannister for some reason. 

Thanks for the support! I'm going to try and do a proper writeup for this week's summary tomorrow!

Alas, you have pulled ahead...sneaky Lanisters! Serious buisness time, feel my fury!

Toothless_poster_by_kokorotoyume.jpg

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

Updated my Outset Island post with what got done and what didn't! Learned a lot this week, including

-Don't rely on outside factors (the weather, my bag of dirt ripping in half, etc)

- I GO HARD at this mini so I need to incorporate it into my weekly lists.

- I need to plan how much I should have done by the middle of the week, etc. Because of work, most of what I did happened during the weekend.

- For exercise, focus on what the mini isn't covering so I don't ruin specific areas of my body.

- More specific life quests. I got a lot done but still failed because I didn't do it ALL.

Now to make the list for this week!

• Like 3

Level 4 Assassin 

Hufflepuff House

Great take aways from last week!!!  

I've hurt myself on a couple of PvPs in the past - too darned competitive - that I'm working on them every other day, but then I am working on it hard!  We'll see if that strategy works better this time.  Good luck!!!

Some kind of Jedi .....

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

“THE QUESTION ISN'T WHO IS GOING TO LET ME; IT'S WHO IS GOING TO STOP ME?” Ayn Rand

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49

Great take aways from last week!!!

I've hurt myself on a couple of PvPs in the past - too darned competitive - that I'm working on them every other day, but then I am working on it hard! We'll see if that strategy works better this time. Good luck!!!

Man I know the feeling in regards to being too competitive! I'm normally bad at lunges but during the challenge I did 130, with about 70 of them being in the last hour and a half or so. The bad news! DOMS for days. The good? I'm pretty good at lunges now.

The thing that's been driving me crazy lately is a weight thing. I had/have a Starbucks addiction that was tied into some OCD and self-soothing responses back in college. It got up to like two venti mocha frappes a day but I've been slowly overcoming it and am down to just one tall a day. I'm also not drinking much other than water aside from that and my food habits (which aren't terrible) have mostly stayed the same or improved.

I also got back into rollerblading and am doing more bodyweight exercising than ever!

The result? I gained weight. I'm still fluctuating between 158-160 and my trend went up instead of down. It's super frustrating. I guess I'll have to look at what I can continue to cut??

• Like 1

Level 4 Assassin 

Hufflepuff House

Or start taking tape measurements and compare them each month or each challenge.  You're probably putting on muscle.  It will weigh more than an equal volume of fat ... so you'll be thinner but weight will be the same or slightly increased. 

Eventually, if you eat the same number of calories, you'll begin to lose the fat. 

Some kind of Jedi .....

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

“THE QUESTION ISN'T WHO IS GOING TO LET ME; IT'S WHO IS GOING TO STOP ME?” Ayn Rand

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49

Or start taking tape measurements and compare them each month or each challenge. You're probably putting on muscle. It will weigh more than an equal volume of fat ... so you'll be thinner but weight will be the same or slightly increased.

Eventually, if you eat the same number of calories, you'll begin to lose the fat.

Thanks for the reminder! I forgot I started out at 38" waist but I'm down to 36" last I checked. Weight is sitting at about 159-160 and it makes me super uncomfortable, as my heaviest weight when I was fit (until my senior year of college) was 115lbs. That means I packed on about 45lbs in less than four years. Thanks terrible eating when I was super poor and now my cushy office job!!

I need to establish a more solid workout program, I think. That way I'll spend less time wondering what to do and more time doing it. I've seen some great strength gains this challenge and last, though!

Any suggestions (from anyone) in establishing routines around a job that gets me out of the house at 7am, home around 4:30pm, and doesn't include any lunch breaks? Been doing bathroom squats and push-ups whenever I can but I need to figure out rest days, rollerblading days, body weight days etc?

• Like 2

Level 4 Assassin 

Hufflepuff House

Thanks for the reminder! I forgot I started out at 38" waist but I'm down to 36" last I checked. Weight is sitting at about 159-160 and it makes me super uncomfortable, as my heaviest weight when I was fit (until my senior year of college) was 115lbs. That means I packed on about 45lbs in less than four years. Thanks terrible eating when I was super poor and now my cushy office job!!

I need to establish a more solid workout program, I think. That way I'll spend less time wondering what to do and more time doing it. I've seen some great strength gains this challenge and last, though!

Any suggestions (from anyone) in establishing routines around a job that gets me out of the house at 7am, home around 4:30pm, and doesn't include any lunch breaks? Been doing bathroom squats and push-ups whenever I can but I need to figure out rest days, rollerblading days, body weight days etc?

That sounds like my job. And honestly, I either have to plan workouts in the evening, bring my workout gear to work and go to the gym right after, or wake up at 5am (that doesn't happen very often, but it's nice when it does because then I get it over with). Or do it on the weekend. It does work better having set times each day to work out because then I don't waste time/energy trying to get out of it. 

Level 8 Asura Warrior

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 [10]