Hat Trick of Challenges by Cathelas

Cathelas

Today went great, until I was getting ready to go to the gym after dinner and realized all of my workout clothes were dirty and at the bottom of the hamper.  So gross.  I knocked out some push ups, but didn't go to the treadmill.  Traveling is such a pain.  Did laundry, no excuses tomorrow.

• Like 1

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%

Well, I must be doing something right.  I guess sleep and eating play a big part in this whole process.  I haven't worked out since Tuesday night, and that was a light one.  I dropped another pound yesterday.  Closing in on the new weight goal is exciting.  Especially since I am not killing myself to make it happen.  Let's see what happens on the rest of this Friday!  My big plan is to go to a fancy bike store and maybe pick up some new riding kit, Another pair of shorts would be helpful since I am getting so many miles in while at home.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 2

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

100%
100%

I am currently researching heart rate monitors for cycling and running.  Anybody have any experience or suggestions? 

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/194-gear-questions-recommendations-and-reviews/

This part of the forums is specifically for asking about gear. Hopefully have more results. I never dabbled in monitors.

Congrats so far. :)

Well, I must be doing something right.  I guess sleep and eating play a big part in this whole process

Foundations: Eat. Sleep. Exercise. Stress Management.

Most people think weight loss is basically exercise, when in fact it's probably the smallest %.  Exercise makes you stronger, builds muscle, ect- but for weight loss it's more about the others.

When creating 6wc, having a goal per foundation is a good trick to keep in mind.  Remember how we're supposed to have a 'non-fitness' goal? That falls under the stress category for me. (Meditating, reading, stretching, being social+)

• Like 1

It has been a good couple days, but not as much exercise as I hoped.  No working out 3 days straight, but I did get on the treadmill this evening for over 3 miles.  I have been getting some pushups and situps in, but again, fewer than I’d like.  I am doing ok on the food front – so all in all – travel isn’t going to bad.

There has been much good news though – we finally found a bike for the wife that fits her well!  So many brands were not comfortable fits, so that is a mini-quest we have been struggling with and I consider it a HUGE win. Also, I bought a light for the front of my bike so I can ride into the evening.  There is a great ride this Wednesday, lights mandatory.  The Ride of Silence.  I am looking forward to it!

And today we spent about 4 hours getting our wish list ready for GenCon.  Sunday at noon we can submit the wish list, so we had to get everything charted out.  The Best Four Days In Gaming requires significant planning.  Last year over 50k people attended, so getting our favorite events is always on a wing and a prayer.  The computer system was pretty smooth last year, I am hoping the RNG comes through tomorrow.  Psyched that GenCon starts in 73 days!

• Like 1

100%
100%

100%
100%

I forgot to add this in last night.  I signed up for the Orc Stomp 5K at GenCon.  So on top of all the sitting, I will be running around Indy with a bunch of fellow nerds!  Also, they are having a FitBit challenge everyday.  It will be curious to see just how many miles I walk.  Happy Sunday everybody!

• Like 2

100%
100%

100%
100%

Monday was a nutty travel day, didn't get to the treadmill, but it is probably for the best.  I took the subway to the airport and none of my luggage had wheels.  I was like a pack mule.  Then flight delays, etc... didn't get home until midnight.  UGH!  Alarm went off way to early today.  I managed to get through the day with no real stressors, primarily because I knew I was going for a bike ride after work.  I got there in time to meet up with the group.  Promptly fell over in the parking lot, since the foot I had unclipped from the pedal was not the way the bike leaned, so like a tree in the forest I dropped.  SIGH.  Everybody was cool about it.  I felt like a dork.  But, we rode for 24 miles - so everything got better fast!  The best thing about being in this town is the cycling community.  They are very inviting and it is nice to be spending time with new folks.  More rides this week.  Going to finish strong! :pirate:  

• Like 1

100%
100%

100%
100%

Hi there! I just wanted to pop in and say thank you for the wonderful encouragement you have added to my journey this challenge. It has been really meaningful!

Also, I started the walk to Mordor by stationary bike two years ago, switched to FitBit walking in 2014, and I love it. I'll have to tally up where I am - you're probably catching up to me with all that biking!

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

• Like 1

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Well today turned into a bummer. I had been all psyched for the Ride of Silence, got geared up (it was 46 out, what the heck?), and I started to ride my bike to the starting place.  And I could hear a noise.  My chain was rubbing badly. So I turned around, went back into the apartment and grabbed a screwdriver.  And oops.  Derailleur cable came all the way off.  So I grabbed some pliers.  Yeah... I could not get it back in place correctly.  SOOOOO instead of riding, I threw my bike in the car and went to my favorite bike shop where they had me fixed in about 3 minutes.  Right tools make all the difference.  I was so bummed to not ride.  But I hung out with the shop owners and BS'd for a while.  They are nice guys and it was fun to talk about something positive.  And we planned a ride for tomorrow night to make up for it.

Ended well, but I was sooo angry.  Lemonade from lemons right?

• Like 2

100%
100%

100%
100%

Today was the most awesome ride every.  I don't know what was up, but I crushed it.  20.3 miles in 1:05.  That is over 2 miles an hour faster than I have ever ridden before.  And the last 3 miles were into a headwind.  WTF?  I am starting to think I really like this bike thing.  I promised you guys I would finish strong this week!

• Like 2

100%
100%

100%
100%

Hola Rebels,

As the end of the challenge approaches, I am going full boar.  Did a short ride yesterday to keep the legs loose.  Today, new record distance of 37 miles.  Joining this cycling club is making a huge difference. Kind of like joining NF finally got me going as well.  I just needed to find my motivation.  Tomorrow I will push myself some more, the weather is supposed to be good.

I hope everyone else is racing to the finish!

• Like 2

100%
100%

100%
100%

Well, Challenge # 3 comes to a close and I have finished as strong as I could.  I have fallen off on the push ups and sit ups, but made up for it with mileage on the bike.  I kept pretty good on the diet even with all the traveling.  So in the end, the weight loss has continued.  Weighed in today at 189, so I beat my second weight goal of the year.  I actually lost 14 pounds this challenge.  My cardio is better than I can remember.  I feel the best I have in forever.  So, while I did not meet all of my mini goals, the overall success of this challenge (and the fact it is my 3rd in a row) means I am giving myself an

A-

I will dole out the points later, and change my progress bars. They look dumb going off the page.  But I kind of like it  :pirate:

• Like 3

100%
100%

100%
100%

By the way, I forgot, since I am 900 miles into my journey to Mordor:

In a clearing, meet an elf-company. Blindfolds are removed.Climb to the top of the hill of Cerin Amroth. 

• Like 1

100%
100%

100%
100%

Ok, so I posted in the last challenge's thread  - I guess I am sad it is over?  Here is the repost of my plan for this challenge:

This is my Third Challenge and I am psyched to be staying with it.  The first two did exactly what they were supposed to – built habits, put the pressure of accountability on me, and got some results.  Fun fact – getting sleep, eating healthier, and exercising five days a week makes a person feel better. Who knew?

Not to sound like too big of a jerk, because we all know it isn’t that easy, but NF is really working for me.  The community has been great, ESPECIALLY the Adventurers.

Hi, it's great you're on you third successful challenge. I agree sleep, eat and exercise can change how you see the world. I'm happy to be on the Adventurers too. Wish you luck in this Challenge. You've made lots of progress, keep on it.

"Set a goal SO BIG that you can't achieve... until you GROW into the person who CAN"

Level 3 - Malcontent Adventurer

STR 4.75|DEX 4|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 6|CHA 6

Previous Challenges 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 

Current Challenge: [GIMENIUX] Fresh Start towards a Pinterest Success Story

0.5(4.0%) of 12.48kg of fat lost goal losed since Dec 30, 2016 (updated Jan 10, 2017)