Jkiley: The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.

jkiley

The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
819506.gif

Hello, I am Jkiley and this is my second 6-week challenge.
I crushed my recruit challenge and I am hoping to do the same here. Right now my main focus is loosing weight, last challenge I lost 11.8 lbs.
Also, I awarded myself some treasure and bought a Fitbit to help track my progress.  With that I will also track as I walk the way to Mordor.

Main Quest: Weigh < 200lbs in 6 months.

29.00%
29.00%

Start: 235.8lbs | Current = 225.2lbs. | Progress: 10.6 of 35.8lbs

Starting Stats
Weight: 226.0 (I gained back 2lbs between the end of last challenge and now.)
Waist: 43.5"
Hip: 38.0"
Neck:17"
Chest: 44.5"
Biceps: 13.5"
Thigh: 23.5"
Calf: 15.0"

Goal 1: Exercise

I am going to try for 4-5 exercise sessions each week. Anything counts, running, hiking, bike riding, lifting weights etc.

100.00%
100.00%

Progress: 24 of 24

Measurement:
Exercise Days
A = 24 days
B = 20 days
C = 16 days
D = 13 days
F =  9 days
Attributes: +1 STR, +1 STA

Goal 2: Diet
I will eat Paleo at least 4 days a week and eat health consciously on the rest of the week.

100.00%
100.00%

Progress: 24 of 24

Measurement:
Paleo Days
A = 24 days
B = 20 days
C = 16 days
D = 13 days
F =  9 days

Attributes: +2 Con

Goal 3: Book Worm
I enjoy reading, but this year I have only managed to read one book so far. I would like to read 3 books this challenge, one every two weeks.

0.00%
0.00%

Progress:  0 of 3

Measurement:
Books Read
A =  3 books
B =  2.5 books
C = 2.0 books
D = 1.5 Books
F =  1 Book

Attributes: +1 INT

Life Goal:
I am not going to drink any alcohol for the next 6 weeks of this challenge.

Motivation:
I have been overweight most of my adult life. Two years ago I started the Paleo Diet with exercising and I was able to go from 248lbs to 198lbs. It was amazing and I felt great.
Last year my job got more stressful, and I fell off the wagon. I gained back about 35 lbs. I have joined the rebellion to get my life back, and to start feeling and looking great.

I’ve always loved the outdoors.  Right now I am in such bad shape that it is hard to enjoy the outdoors. I need to get into shape so I can have enough energy to enjoy the outdoors while I am still young.

Last Updated: 05/06/15 8:09pm

• Like 1

JKiley
Character Sheet

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Current (
May 8 - Jun 4)

Master Quest: Weigh < 200lbs

Start: 242.2lbs | Current = 225.6lbs | Progress16.6 of 42.2lbs

Walk to Mordor

759.95 of 1779 Miles

Battle Log One: The First Battle

Day one has been a success. I followed my diet plan and did the interval training for my exercises today.

Also as a side quest, I am started the Walk to Mordor last week.

So far I am 21.20 miles in from Hobbiton to Rivendell.

Next I will sign off for tonight at start reading to keep up with my 3rd goal. 

JKiley
Character Sheet

May 8 - Jun 4)

Walk to Mordor

759.95 of 1779 Miles

Battle Log Two: Fall of Gondolin
I started off day two on a bad foot.  I didn't get enough sleep and I was so tired by the time I was done with of work. I was still able to follow the diet plan but I skipped exercising and didn't end up reading.

I got up and did my exercise early this morning to get it out of the way in case I am dead tired after work again tonight.

I also joined the group FitBitters! We are doing a challenge to see who can get the most steps in during the work week.

JKiley
Character Sheet

May 8 - Jun 4)

Walk to Mordor

759.95 of 1779 Miles

Battle Log Three: Battles of Lórien

So far so good. I am on track with my diet and exercise goals, but I am not as far along with my reading goal as I would like, but I should be able to catch up this weekend.

I also joined a accountability group focusing on time management and motivation, we are still figuring out what our group goals are.

For the Fitbitters group I am currently in last place with our challenge, this week wasn't very good for me to get the extra steps in.

Next week I will bring my A Game!

JKiley
Character Sheet

May 8 - Jun 4)

Walk to Mordor

759.95 of 1779 Miles

Battle Log Four: Battle of Bywater

Still doing good so far… I am loving my Fitbit. It is really keeping me focused on how much active I need to be. During the work week, if I am not exercising, I am on average getting less than 3,000 steps in.
Plus the Accountabilibuddies group I joined called FitBitters has added a little competition into the mix which is great for keeping motivated!

Also for my Walk to Mordor, I am over 10% of the way from Hobbiton to Rivendell.

JKiley
Character Sheet

May 8 - Jun 4)

Walk to Mordor

759.95 of 1779 Miles

Battle Log Five: Battle of the Black Gate

Buying a Fitbit was a great decision, I am a nerd and I like looking at data, and that has really put some things into prospective for me. The main thing I learned was that on my non-exercise days that I barely get 3,000 steps in.

I've really kicked it up this week. I've started parking a few blocks away from my office and walking. Also after work I've started walking to the mailbox and then continuing for a lap around the neighborhood.

Also joining the FitBitters group in the forums has really pushed me to keep up with friend on there. There are about 7 of us doing the "Workweek Hustle" on the Fitbit app.

So far exercise and diet are ahead of schedule for my goals.  I need to catch up on my reading though. I have a long car trip this weekend so I will try to catch up some reading there.

JKiley
Character Sheet

May 8 - Jun 4)

Walk to Mordor

759.95 of 1779 Miles

Battle Log Five: Battle of the Camp

Exercise is going great, and I am going to work on putting a few more strict paleo days in this week since work will not be as crazy.

I am behind on my reading goal but I should be able to finish one of the books in the next couple of days.

I failed my no drinking goal. I Got back from a work road trip last night and I was super warn out.  Decided to have a couple of drinks. 

I am still going to stick with it, and try not to drink anymore the rest of the challenge.

JKiley
Character Sheet

May 8 - Jun 4)

Walk to Mordor

759.95 of 1779 Miles

Battle Log Six: Battle Name Here

So far I have walked 148.04 miles since I purchased my Fitbit, which was a few days before this challenge started. That has me 32% of the way from Hobbiton to Rivendell!

My weight loss kind of plateaued, but it is finally going back down again. I am really hopping I can loose more pounds this challenge. 

JKiley
Character Sheet

May 8 - Jun 4)

Walk to Mordor

759.95 of 1779 Miles