EmArgollo's First Challenge

emargollo

Hello Everyone!

New Recruit here, aspiring Assassin. I'm from Brazil but have been living in Canada for the past few months. When I arrived here I wanted to do loads of stuff, one of them was start training Parkour in a Parkour Gym in the city. Needless to say, without proper motivation, this plan faded into the background, but no more!

Main Quest:
-Learn the basic parkour movements by the end of this challenge.

Tasks:

-Do the Beginner Body Weight Workout twice a week, hopefully increase to 3 times by the end of the challenge.

-Join the Parkour Gym and take lessons once a week. (Sadly I'll only be able to begin this one at week two, as I'm finishing my Exams this week.)

-Reduce Soda intake to once a week max. (A few weeks ago I was basically drinking a bottle a day.)

Beginner Body Weight Workout Routine(Current):

• 20 body weight squats
  • 10 push ups
  • 20 walking lunges
  • 20 dumbbell rows (1 Gallon)
  • 30 second plank
  • 30 Jumping Jacks

Life Quest:

-Practice my Programming skills and Start Learning Android Development.

Motivation:

As I said, Parkour is something I've wanted to learn for a long while, but I never had the courage to just go out and meet people on the street to practice. I don't want to continue stopping myself from doing what I want because I lack the guts to just do it.

• Like 1

Half-Elf Assasin L0. - My First Challenge

“We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?â€

How are you dealing with the cold weather compared to Brazil's definite weather?

You might notice that someone has added a tag to your post.  This is not to box you into a corner but rather because your goals or lifestyle have links to the guild you've been tagged and we'd like to bring you to the attention of one of their guild ambassadors. These ambassadors will be able to offer you advice, encouragement and support on your goals.  You don't even have to wait around for them to come introduce themselves to you, you are more than welcome to pop into the Assassins' board and introduce yourself to the guildies there. I am also around to answer any questions that you might have so do not hesitate to PM me.

Good Luck with your challenge

AB xx

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

@Little Owl: Thank you for the support!

@Blaidd: Haha, yeah, the weather is finally starting to get warm again, I'm very proud to say I managed to survive the winter! It was my first time seeing snow.

Thank you for explaining the tagging ^^

First Challenge Update:

Did the Beginner Body Weight Workout for the first time!

I was happy to notice I was able to increase the Dumbell Rows to 20 and the Plank to 30 seconds.

The Body Weight Squats turned out to be more challenging than I thought though, my muscles are definitelly feeling it! Haha.

I'll be editting the Challenge Post to keep track of my changes to the workout!

No sodas so far, so still on track =D

Hello and Welcome to the Rebellion!

My name is Amdhiel and I’m an ambassador for the Assassin Guild. I see that your challenge includes a few things that we Assassins enjoy and we’d love to help you crush your goals! 

If you want to gather some more information about the guild, stop buy the Assassin Guild Info & Announcements thread to find out what’s happening. Keep an eye out for the Assassin Phone book if you want to find someone with similar interests, including bodyweight workouts and parkour.

If you want to get to know our crazy guild better or just ask a question stop by the Assassins' Den or the Level 1 Assassin Initiates Q&A/Chat thread for Level 1’s and introduce yourself. We’re a friendly and supportive guild so don’t be shy about sending us messages or asking for help!

If you ever have any questions or need any help, please let me or any Assassin Ambassador know.  The Ambassadors and I will be checking in on you from time to time to see how you’re doing. Remember that most successful path is one that includes plenty of support. You're going to crush those goals!

• Like 1

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

@Amdhiel: Thank you for the information, I'll surely drop by the Chats!

Challenge Update:
Did the Beginner Body Weight Workout for the second time, starting to get the hang of the exercises, but the Body Weight Squats are still very challenging

Last day of the first week, and I'm happy to say I didn't drink not even one sip of soda for the entire week \o/

First Mini Challenge:
Let's Get SMART

• Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)? Is it reasonable?
  • Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?
  • Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?
  • Are your goals able to be measured and tracked? What will you use to track them?
  • How are you grading your goals? Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)? Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?
  • What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?
  • Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge? What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?
  • Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?
  • Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set? If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?
  • Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?

1- Yes, I believe it is both achievable and reasonable.

2- The first two focus directly on the main quest, and the third influences it indirectly, as I need a healthy body in order to complete my quests.

3- Yes, they are realistic, and can be adjusted to become more challenging as I progress.

4- Yes, I'm keeping track of my quests, and for the main goal I'll keep track by divinding it and learning each movement.

5- Grading them as pass/fail and the rewards are the goals themselves.

6- Unless something serious happens, I don't believe there'll be any need to adjust my goals. If something serious happen, I'll adjust accordingly.

7- My first week was exam week, so I was unable to start the parkour classes, but I had this in mind already.

8- My goals fit well together and will not conflict with each other.

9- Yes, my schedule for my goals is already set. For the Body Weight Workout I'll do them on Mondays and Fridays, and the Parkour Classes on Wednesdays Nights

10- Two habits, Workout and Healthier eating, both for the main goal.

• Like 1

Looks like a great start to your challenge!

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

@Elastigirl: Thank you, and as for this week, was a bit of a bumpy ride haha!

I went to the parkour gym for the first time this Wednesday! It was AMAZING!

We trained some basic vaults and plus some upper body workouts, but my legs were not used to all the jumping and running around, so, as expected, my thigh muscle hurt for the next few days, which resulted in me not being able complete the Beginner Body Weight Workout, doing it only on Monday. Hopefully this week I'll be able to keep it up and do it twice.

Drank soda only once this week, almost fell into temptation on a second day, but managed to get through!

But seriously, parkour is amazing. I can't believe it took me this long to start actually practicing it..

• Like 1

Congrats on the soda will power win! Glad you are enjoying parkour. I wouldn't worry about not doing your BW workouts, sounds like parkour was a good workout

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Still one week left in the challenge. Even if you haven't done much lately, it's not too late to put in a good week.