Now that I have access to something that has a physical keyboard, I can actually type out my challenge. Woo! I won't be able to start fully on my challenge until Wednesday as I'm visiting family out of state and it'll be super hard to do most of this when I'm busy and traveling.

Next Sunday I'm going to start GM'ing a Star Wars RP campaign. Because of that, I've had Star Wars on the brain for a bit, so I'm going to go with a Star Wars theme for this challenge. :D

Main Goal - Get down to target weight of 130 pounds.

Goal #1 - Stay On Target!

I'm still thoroughly confused about how many calories I should be taking in because some days, 1300 calories makes me feel like I'm starving to death. Though, that could be because I'm not eating the best foods or something. Going to try and stay between 1300 and 1500 calories while tracking everything I eat. May also ask for help in some of the help forums to figure out what's best for me to eat.

Goal #2 - Train Like a Jedi

To defeat the Empire, I need to be in better shape. So this time, I'm going to buckle down and get my butt to the gym. I *have* to go to the gym 5 days a week, though my bare minimum is going to be 5 days. 3 days will be strength training with 20 minutes of cardio and the other days will be training for my 5K in July.

Goal #3 - Walk to Mordor....er....the Battle of Endor

Continuing with my friends over at Sprite Stitch, I'm walking to Mordor. I don't really have a clear goal on this, but if I walk more than a mile each day, than I'll call that a win. Being a stay-at-home mom in a tiny apartment doesn't give me much room to walk, but by going to the gym and even getting outside with the Youngling will help me get those much-needed steps in.

My Life Goal this time is going to be in the creative streak this time. I have several cross stitching projects that I need to get done sooner rather than later. I keep putting them off due to other random things, so I'm going to devote at least 2 hours a day to stitching. I'll have to post pictures of the projects when I get home.

• Like 2

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

[Level: 1]

Current Challenge

Following!  Commence the adventure!

• Like 1

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%

Here you are!

I AM FOLLOWING YOU FELLOW RP'ER/ CON-GOER/NERD PERSON!

As for calories, and coming from someone who has banged her head against the wall for ohhhhh, 8 years? :D   (I've a brow of steel now thanks to that training!)  If you'd like I can send you to all manner of helpful links and such to figure out a nice, safe, cushy spot for caloric needs.    Way back in my earliest days of fitnessing, I was doing Weight Watchers points system and DDR for exercise.  I dropped from 193lbs to 130lbs.   But it turned out it was actually a not so good way of doing it.    (long and short is that I was not eating enough, so I lost weight nice and fast, but didn't do myself any favors for the long run)   And really, it will differ from person to person, but I'm a strong believer in starting from a point where you're giving yourself the MOST food possible to lose a little weight, rather than start from a spot where you're at the bare minimum for sustaining your body's needs and losing a lot of weight.  ^.^

Either way!  Go Kareesh, go!

• Like 2

Level 71 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

I'm with Starpuck on that too. 1300-1600 calories seems kinda scary low... Although I don't know what you weight or anything so it could be fine. Myself I'm around 195 ish and I can eat up to 1860 per day and still lose some weight each week. I felt like death if I was getting anything leas than 1600 though. I know my gym has one of those body analyzer scales and it checked my weight, body fat % and told me how much I need in a day just if I did nothing but sleeping/reading in bed. I try and stay between that bare minimum amount and what my food tracker app tells me I can eat to lose weight. :)

Heh...probably should have put my stats, huh? I blame traveling for not allowing me to get everything organized. I'm 5'2" and last time I weighed in (2 weeks ago...?) I was 211.6 lbs. Female. Currently I'm pretty sedimentary which I'm hoping to change via my workouts. It seems that everything I look at online tells me something completely different. Urg...

This week I'm just not counting in the challenge. Headspace is all wrong and I'm finding it super hard to get motivated. Next week is my birthday so hoping nobody tempts me too much, though I'm fully prepared to have some cake and eat it, too. ;)

• Like 1

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

Current Challenge

That makes sense. I know I have zero accountability on my birthday :P

This year my friend and I celebrated our birthdays together since we were born only a few days apart and we got really epic cupcakes instead of cake. That was we could have something sweet and decadent and there were no left overs and we didn't have to worry/think about the size of the slice since they were already a set size :)

• Like 1

Heh...probably should have put my stats, huh? I blame traveling for not allowing me to get everything organized. I'm 5'2" and last time I weighed in (2 weeks ago...?) I was 211.6 lbs. Female. Currently I'm pretty sedimentary which I'm hoping to change via my workouts. It seems that everything I look at online tells me something completely different. Urg...

This week I'm just not counting in the challenge. Headspace is all wrong and I'm finding it super hard to get motivated. Next week is my birthday so hoping nobody tempts me too much, though I'm fully prepared to have some cake and eat it, too. ;)

We all struggle from time to time as you know Kareesh and you've had more on your plate then most. I for one think you are handling it quite well!

Happy Early B-day!

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Cake is a great birthday treat!  Don't sweat a slow start.  Get ready for next week. 

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%

Hey Kareesh!   

First off Happy Birthday lady!   Enjoy the once a year "I rock and everyone is reminding me that" day.   Don't sweat any indulgences.   That's what B-days are for.   Once you get back and settle in, then you can hitch all the motivation horses and start them moving.   :)

Also, on the subject of calories and junk, these are some links that Joedog gave me to use, and I really liked how they were explained and how it has worked out so far.     I'll just throw this thought out there that I've tried to adjust to THIS thinking.    "It's way better to start out eating too many calories when figuring out your deficit sweet spot, than to start off with too little.   If you have too many, you'll lose slow or maintain, and you can tweak down a bit.  Perhaps it might be disappointing to not see the scale drop drop drop... BUT!  If you start off eating far too little, you immediately set the bar so low that the body has to continually take in even less and less and less to continue to lose."    And that's such a sad, frustrating, hanger inducing path to go down.

This â–¼ is the full blown, long spiel mcspiel version.

In place of a road map

THIS â–¼ is just the tools portion of the thing.

The tools

And behind the spoiler, is Joedog's explanation in quick summary form, on how to use just the tools section of the links.

If you don't plug in your BF% it only gives you one number for BMR. The other formula requires it. So when I plug my numbers in one formula says my BMR is 2163 cals, the other says 1911 cals. It has the little activity level chart below that gives my goal calories based on my activity. I'm lightly active so that gives me a TDEE of 2974 cals. That means I need to eat 2974 cals per day to maintain my current weight (oh, it's so hard to admit that). Now obviously you don't want to maintain that weight since we set goal and current the same. I'm shooting for a 20% deficit so my target calories for the day is 2379. But I also know that as long as I stay below my TDEE I will be okay. I might even try zig zagging calories and bouncing between 2100 and 2500 days so that my weekly average works out to that 2379 number.

• Like 3

Level 71 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Thanks for all the help with the calories, guys. When I get more than a few moments, I'm going to throughly look over everything and see how my plan stacks up. :)

Just a quick update (will do a bigger one tonight), but I weighed myself today, and I lost .2 pounds which brings me up to the grand total of 3 pounds gone since I started re-tracking. Woo!

star_wars.gif

Sorry, Han....I'm not going to make my goal of losing 10 pounds before my birthday (which is, like, in 2 days) but I'm still pretty proud of that, considering this past week I stopped tracking part of the way through and had some fast food. 

Speaking of Han...

tumblr_nmwxuoVJaB1qk6mq4o1_r1_500.gif

SQUEEEEEEEEE! SO EXCITED! *flails around before just collapsing*

• Like 3

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

Current Challenge

"shoot for the moon, even if you miss you still land among the stars" (forget who said it but sounded appropriate)

Subbed...

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Quick update about today: hubby and I worked and nearly finished my garden bed. So excited. Will have to post pics later.

Then I got some not-so-great news at the doctor's today. Trying to keep my chin up as it isn't 100% for sure (need to do some lab work) but it's definitely something that has the possibility of effecting my life in several ways. *deep sigh* I'm trying to put on a strong face for my family, but all I really want to do is hide in the corner and cry.

I give myself really crappy birthday presents. Heh...

• Like 2

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

Current Challenge

I didn't like the last part of your post, but I'm sending you love.

Chronic issues are hard...the key is to figure it out and work around it as best you can.

Like my daughter that has a horrible time getting pregnant and wants more children is looking at adoption. All those warriors that have amputated appendages are finding ways to be awesome athletes. When you are ready to talk. ..there are plenty here that can help you find a way to be victorious in anything. Deal?

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Sending T&P's your way girl.    I've seen a lot of my friends go through things and have to adjust to a "new normal" and they continue to be total bad asses.   It's hard, and scary, but our will is a powerful tool!

Level 71 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler