• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blaidd

Campus Tours

This thread is where you will find all your mini challenges.  Each week I will give you a new challenge to complete.  You have the ability to score additional stat points by completing some of these mini challenges. You can then add these points on at the end of the 6 week challenge. It is not compulsory to complete these minis, but sometimes they are a fun thing to do to keep you involved.

The challenges will normally be posted at about 09h00 (GMT) on a Monday, so keep your eyes peeled.

Week 1: Let's Get Smart

Week 2: Making Friends

Week 3: The Library

Week 4: Checking your starting credits

Week 5:

Week 6:

• Like 2

Week 1 - Let's Get SMART

So you've set up your challenge and people have popped in and said hi, given you some advise on your goals and just generally cheered you on for the start of your challenge. There's so much information to go that sometimes it seems like you're being overwhelmed.  How do I allocate attribute points?  Which guild do I join? What should my workout look like? Can I join an Accountability Squad?

You don't need to worry about these things right now.  What you do need to worry is your challenge.  For this first week you should be focusing on your own quests.  Once you're comfortable with them you can move onto other questions. Your mini quest this week will to really really look at your goals and make sure that they're SMART. 

= Specific

= Measurable

= Attainable/Achievable

= Realistic/Reasonable

= Timeous

Here are some questions to put your goals to the test:

1. Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)?  Is it reasonable?

2. Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?

3. Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?

4. Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them?

5. How are you grading your goals?  Are they pass/fail (“every day”, “not even once over the six weeks”)?  Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight” or “run the distance”?

6. What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?

7. Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?  What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?

8. Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?

9. Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set?  If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?

10. Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?

Your mini quest: Make sure your goals are definitely SMART.

For completing this mini quest you will receive an additional +1WIS at the end of the 6 weeks.

WVWMxsB.jpg

• Like 4

mini quest week 1

1. yes, maybe
  2. 1 thing to focus on
  3. smaller steps are possible (change number without, not daily requirements)
  4. I will use the forums to keep track
  5. pass/fail goals
  6. if I get ill I will drop the first goal only until I'm well again
  7. yes, the goals can be day transferable but only in advance
  8. no
  9. yes, i have time
  10. the habits will lead to the goal

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/63635-the-running-bard/#entry1450086

• Like 1

1. Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)? Is it reasonable?

Yes, over a longer period of time. I didn't get here overnight and I am basically trying to half my pants size. ;)

2. Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?

I think all of the quests are quite attainable and straight forward.

3. Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?

Sure and sure. If something crazy happened with my schedule things could be cut back.

4. Are your goals able to be measured and tracked? What will you use to track them?

Attendance and consumption of paleo meals via my diary at home and my challenge thread here.

5. How are you grading your goals? Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)? Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?

See my thread and I think my reward will be determinded. I like gifty gifts for myself. XD

6. What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?

Things happen. I'll be gentle on myself and listen to what my body says if that time comes.

7. Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge? What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?

I'll be fine. I control how we celebrate these holidays, muh ha ha ha!

8. Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?

Nope and nope.

9. Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set? If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?

Yes.

10. Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?

I want to build habits. Being a size 7 is just kind of a big measurable bonus of it all.

• Like 1

1. Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)?  Is it reasonable? = I think I can lose 5+ pounds in the time!

2. Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?= So far I just have the one quest. But mini quests include constant gym and healthy eating!

3. Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them? = Certainly! I've got enough fat on my body to drop at least that!

4. Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them? = Quite track-able! I'll be checking in at the gym once a week every other week

5. How are you grading your goals?  Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)?  Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€? = I'll be grading myself on a daily basis. Based on, foods eaten, ML of water consumed and gym attendance. And if I can complete this task,, since my birthday is around the end time, I'll be getting my first tattoo!

6. What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured? = Should I become i'll or injured I'll simply continue to eat and drink healthily, and on the exercise behalf it depends on where I am.  

7. Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?  What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those? = Yes! I'll be continuing throughout these days "birthday"

8. Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another? = None! I should be A- Ok!

9. Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set?  If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them? = Aside from late 9 hour work days, I will more than be able to continue this habit-to-be

10. Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest? = Consistent gym attendance is the main quest. Healthy eating and plentiful water consumption is a side

• Like 1

Mini Quest 1 : DONE!

+1WIS  -  Come to Mamma!!

= Specific - Oh yeah, they are very specific!  LOL!  Some may think I wrote a novella...

= Measurable -  - yup, but in a no-brainer kinda way...each one is broken down to a daily task...some incorporate changes to what I already do (like eating meals) while others are additions to my day.  And I think I have a pretty good grading scale...it's simple and easy...1 point for every good thing I do then add it all up!  Kinda like a checklist..I can see how I do on both a daily and weekly basis and can make adjustments as necessary.

= Attainable/Achievable - My overall quests may seem rather lofty and possibly unattainable.  But if you look closely, they are all baby steps...some I'm doing now and want to continue, some I'm kinda doing and want to incorporate more, and some will require a little more effort on my part.  But then who said that Leveling Up would be easy?!?  :eagerness:  Each daily task won't overload my schedule, especially since some I have to do every day (like eat meals) and others I already do (like study), while a few I just need to work in wherever (like taking "one minute" or decluttering a box).

= Realistic/Reasonable - yes again, since they are all very simple baby steps, and they all do tie in together.  Plus the fact that I was brutally honest with myself...that makes it even more real, frightening, but real..

Timely - 6 weeks...that is the length of this challenge, and that will be my goal.  I know I will not be perfect...I may not reach 100% of my goals, but I consider anything more that where I am now (0%) to be a success!  I should successfully incorporate at least part of these lifestyle changes in the  Even though this challenge is only 6 weeks, my goals are primarily lifestyle changes, so any improvement is a success!

If any of ya'll wanna check mine out, here it is...

• Like 1

Mini Quest 1 : DONE!

+1WIS  -  Come to Mamma!!

= Specific - Oh yeah, they are very specific!  LOL!  Some may think I wrote a novella...

= Measurable -  - yup, but in a no-brainer kinda way...each one is broken down to a daily task...some incorporate changes to what I already do (like eating meals) while others are additions to my day.  And I think I have a pretty good grading scale...it's simple and easy...1 point for every good thing I do then add it all up!  Kinda like a checklist..I can see how I do on both a daily and weekly basis and can make adjustments as necessary.

= Attainable/Achievable - My overall quests may seem rather lofty and possibly unattainable.  But if you look closely, they are all baby steps...some I'm doing now and want to continue, some I'm kinda doing and want to incorporate more, and some will require a little more effort on my part.  But then who said that Leveling Up would be easy?!?  :eagerness:  Each daily task won't overload my schedule, especially since some I have to do every day (like eat meals) and others I already do (like study), while a few I just need to work in wherever (like taking "one minute" or decluttering a box).

= Realistic/Reasonable - yes again, since they are all very simple baby steps, and they all do tie in together.  Plus the fact that I was brutally honest with myself...that makes it even more real, frightening, but real..

Timely - 6 weeks...that is the length of this challenge, and that will be my goal.  I know I will not be perfect...I may not reach 100% of my goals, but I consider anything more that where I am now (0%) to be a success!  I should successfully incorporate at least part of these lifestyle changes in the  Even though this challenge is only 6 weeks, my goals are primarily lifestyle changes, so any improvement is a success!

If any of ya'll wanna check mine out, here it is...

Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)? Is it reasonable?

I've done it before, so I know I can do it again.

Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?

All of the things I've picked to focus on are things I've already been passively doing with no accountability or consequence, so it seems like it would be easy to do them on purpose especially when others are watching.

Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?

This time I've made my mini goals smaller than I think is doable in hopes that I will actually finish this challenge which hasn't ever happened despite my two to three tries. I usually just sort of forget to keep up with them as I near the end, but this time that won't happen.

Are your goals able to be measured and tracked? What will you use to track them?

I created a new calendar on my phone for two of them and will use a calorie-tracking app for the other.

How are you grading your goals? Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)? Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?

What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?

My mini goals have a daily pass/fail element, are graded on effort, and are all doable even when ill or injured.

Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge? What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?

Since my goals allow for some sugar-eating and resting, special occasions shouldn't be a problem.

Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?

All of my smaller goals support my main goal.

Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set? If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?

The only thing that would consume any significant amount of time would be exercising, but I already do that.

Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?

The habits I am working to build will support the main quest.

WHOOPS.  While I was definitely excited about completing my miniquest I definitely didn't mean to triple post that... >__>  Are we able to delete our own posts?  I can't seem to figure out how...

1. Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)?  Is it reasonable? 

It's possible to do in a short time frame but more likely will happen over a longer period. It is reasonable for me, yes.

2. Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on? 

Each of my side quests follow the SMART rules. They are all small quests that will aid me in eventually completing my main.

They are realistic and are small enough that they will act as improvements to my daily life. They should not be too hard to make into habits.

4. Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them? 

For one of my goals, I am using a physical tracker app on my phone and the others are measurable as well.

5. How are you grading your goals?  Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)?  Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?

They are mostly pass/fail with some leniency. My reward is feeling good about myself and how I look, not only after the challenge is over, but for the rest of my life. Develop habits and gain a better image of myself.

We all hope injury and illness are not issues and I plan on taking the proper precautions to battle that. But in the event that it does happen I will alter my goals accordingly; for example: workouts would have to be severely altered but eating clean would be able to continue as normal.

7. Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?  What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?

I did not take these into consideration but I am trying to develop life habits that should stand through any special event.

My goals are all separate things that may actually make the others easier overtime.

9. Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set?  If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?

I did not make time for this type of thing before but I am starting to make that time. Using less of my time watching Netflix and gaming will result in more time to level up in real life.

I am building multiple habits that aide my main quest towards completion.