• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blaidd

Campus Tours

The aim of this particular group is to assimilate the Recruits into using the Forum and getting used to the main principles of the 6 Week Challenges. They really are about answering FAQ's - like "how do I create a signature?", "what is an Accountability Group?", "where will i find information on XYZ?" and "how do I allocate Attribute Points?".  Recruits group is literally like orientation :D

Your specific guilds will have more fitness focused side quests (if they have them) and that will be loads of fun.  At least you'll have the basics down by the time you get there :D

And thank you very much for that! :applouse:

• Like 1

I'm hoping to head to the assassins, and I've been in the initiates forum for them for a bit already, and I dropped by the Assassins Den to say Hi, not sure what else I'm supposed to do to join?

I'm hoping to head to the assassins, and I've been in the initiates forum for them for a bit already, and I dropped by the Assassins Den to say Hi, not sure what else I'm supposed to do to join?

Your next step is to sign up with them the next challenge, and that they say is that :D

Thanks for keeping us on the right track for our first challenge, Blaidd. You rock.

Question: we levelled up from 0 to 1 at the mid-point of this challenge. Do we level up to 2 now, or just stay at 1 and update the rest of the points accordingly?

Thanks for keeping us on the right track for our first challenge, Blaidd. You rock.

Question: we levelled up from 0 to 1 at the mid-point of this challenge. Do we level up to 2 now, or just stay at 1 and update the rest of the points accordingly?

You get to level up to Level 2 :D

Thanks Blaidd, definitely will be doing that then. And thanks for helping us out and running this challenge so awesomely!

It's my pleasure!

• Like 1

Woot - finally found mini challenges 5 and 6, since they weren't showing on the main post!

Week 5: The Cafeteria

You've made it so far, and levelled up and allocated points (or not).  So now we're going to sit down and have a meal together. 

Your quest for this week is to share your favourite recipe for whichever eating plan your following.  You can either copy and paste the whole recipe or you can just add a link. If you don't have one yet, why not check out the recipe boards on NF for some ideas.

You will earn +1 CON on completion of this task.

So, with that, Mini #5 Complete!  And I'll check in later to see if I get my +1 CON.

Currently my recipe is one I've combined from a few places: Moroccan Lamb Mince & Courgette "fettuccine".  I'm still trying to figure out the best mix of veg and spices, so it's a work in progress.

Ingredients:

• 400g Lamb Mince
  • Veg
    • 1-2 Red/Yellow Peppers
    • 1-2 Onions
    • 2 Tomatoes
    • 250g Mushrooms
  • 8-10 Courgettes (Baby Marrows)
  • Coconut oil
  • Spice
    • 2 tsp cumin
    • 2 tsp ground coriander
    • 2 tsp ground ginger
    • 1 tsp chilli powder
    • 1 tsp coursely ground pepper
    • 1/2 sp tumeric
    • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 1/4 tsp ground cloves

Instructions:

• Pre-mix the spices
  • Dice the peppers, onions, tomatoes and mushrooms
  • Slice the courgettes thinly (to resemble a slightly wide fettucine pasta) - I find the "cheese slicer" on our grater works well.
  • Start by frying the onions and peppers with Coconut oil till they're translucent
  • Add in the spice, and the mince
  • Cook till the mince is browned
  • Add in Tomatoes and mushrooms (Optionally add in some diced cauliflower)
  • Simmer until it's cooked
  • Boil the courgette slices for 5-10 minutes until they're soft
  • Dish up and enjoy.

I am late finding out about Mini Challenge #5 but here goes because I really do want that 1 point !!!

Paleo Pancakes

I egg

I TBSP Coconut Flour

I/4 tsp baking powder

small dash of vanilla

mix all together and let sit for a couple of minutes....

if too thick add some coconut milk.

cook in a pan with coconut oil.

top with fruit and enjoy.

fast and it fills the gap!!!  and it is 100% Paleo  yum!

come to momma little 1 point CON

Sorry I poofed for so long, was having internet issues. i think I shall be taking your advice Blaidd and join the assassins. Though I haven't been the most sociable, i've started upping my workout even.

I believe I've done Mini 1. I had just finished updating my goals based on comments so.... Yea.

I'd appreciate people having a look though and making sure it's all looking good.

Thanks

1. Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)?  Is it reasonable?

My overall quest of being healthier is achievable over a long period of time and very reasonable (if I stick with it).

2. Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?

My quests seem to all work together; running, eating clean, yoga, water intake, strength training. So far, I'm able to keep up with it all. (She says on day 2 of the challenge, hopefully)

3. Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?

I can scale my goal of weight loss back to 6 pounds in 6 weeks.

4. Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them?

Most of my goals are tracked based on whether I'm doing them or not, my weight loss goal by weekly weigh in.

5. How are you grading your goals?  Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)?  Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?

My goals are based on every day changes, but it's okay if I mess up once in a while. I'm only human. I'm grading myself on if I lose the weight, but more importantly, the inches.

6. What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?

My plan is to back off on running, instead walking; do more gentle strength training, and continue yoga.

7. Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?  What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?

I did...ish. I'm going on a 2 week conference and I won't have control over what I eat, but I'm planning on small portions and mostly vegetables and protein. There's no way for me to continue yoga, but I will try to stretch and do squats, crunches, and push ups.

8. Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?

Nope!

9. Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set?  If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?

Yes, I scheduled in time.

10. Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?

I'm trying to build multiple habits that build into my main quest of living a healthier lifestyle.

1. Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)?  Yes! Is it reasonable? Yes! 

2. Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?  For the most part, I do have huge goals for my life, health and career, but because I've tried to do too much in the past, I'm going to focus on making sub-quests to help me achieve the bigger picture. This way, I'm not bored, overwhelmed or not seeing any results. 

3. Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?  Yes, and that's why I'm here, to learn how to scale them into smaller steps. I lived up to unrealistic standards and I'm over that now. 

4. Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them? Yes, I'm going to end my love/hate relationship with MyFitnessPal and use it to track my workouts. 

5. How are you grading your goals?  Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)?  Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€? I'm going to reward myself based on effort but I'm not sure how I'm going to do it yet. 

6. What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured? To rest back to full health since I'm almost 40 and focus on the diet. 

7. Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?  What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those? Either workout early in the morning or sub another day. 

8. Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another? It's possible, but I'm going to work on balancing them out. 

9. Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set?  If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them? Yes and I plan on maintaining a schedule. 

10. Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest? I'm trying to build habits that I can adopt as a lifestyle. If I could watch TV or play video games consistently, then I can limit those and work on practical lifestyle habits.