Campus Tours

Blaidd

Mini 2 done!

Following a bunch of people including Elastigirl & Luciana (friends from my last failed challenge), and jennilovesryan & several other new recruits.

+1 CHA

Level 4 Halfling Warrior

| STR 9.5 | DEX 0 | STA 4.2 | CON 6.68 | WIS 6.9 | CHA 4.3 |

Current Challenge

--

Get obsessed with consistency in the actions that feed the goal. Getting obsessed with the goal won't work and neither does having moderate goals. It's like thinking about laying down perfect brick after perfect brick rather than going nuts over when you'll see a building emerge.

-- Amir Siddiqui

Quoted in JC Deen's Staying Leaner Longer

Twitter | Instagram | DeviantArt

1) Signature done.

2) Trying to find a team to join. Don't really want to start one since I'm still not sure what I'm doing.

3) Following Bulwark and my fellow engineer, Tigera.

TheMadEngineer the level 0 Human

My first challenge is here!

5%
5%

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."---JFK

Mini #2 Completed! 

My signature was already updated, and I joined the Accountabilibuddy groups Adventuring Party and Assassin Initiates. I am also following a few other challenges.

Level 0 Human Recruit (Future Assassin/Monk)

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Book of Challenges: The Prologue, Chapter 1: Respawn

Seize the day, put no trust in the morrow.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.

(Horace/ George Eliot/ Victor Kiam)

CAFFEINE FREE CHALLENGE (12 out of 42 days caffeine free!)

28%
28%

Mini Challenge #2 done.

I started following: Majixe and Jabliss. Will be looking for others as well.

Truthfully, I would like to join an accountability group but I can't figure out how to tell if a group is full nor can I locate the google spreadsheet that keeps being mentioned in the threads...will try to look more into this next week. Any help or guidance appreciated :)

ldhuffling

Half Orc Adventurer  | Lvl 2

"What am I doing today that will help me be the person I want to be tomorrow?"

Challenge: #1 | #2

STR 3 | STA 7 | DEX 1 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

2015 Weight Loss Goal

13%
13%

Signature in place.

I've joined the PVP walkers challenge for accountability/support and to support fellow runner/walkers.

Am also following and posting on the Assassins guild initiates and chat Q&A plus several peeps I've met on here.

Alrighty, mini quest 2 -check.

1st  -  2nd  -  3rd  -  4th  -  Current Challenge

Ninja Assassin

No one believes our excuses but us... so let's stop making them and go accomplish something!

Mini #2 complete  :nevreness:

I already had a signature and I'm now following Kyellan who's with the Monks already but keeps popping by and offering support. I'm also following Smashmp as they have some similar goals based around karate and learning Japanese :)

Can't wait to see everyone progress together.

Forest Pixie - Level 3 Monk

STR 3 | DEX 0 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 8 | CHA 1

Current Challenge | 32 | 1

2nd Mini-Quest:

1.  Updated my signature to include my challenge thread.

2.  Have been discussing creation of an accountability group with 3 other ladies on this forum who oddly enough have the same main motivation as myself.

3.  These lovely folks are weaver, Embembol, and rochsmell.

Level 1.5 Halfling

STR 3 <> DEX 0 <> CON 3 <> STA 3 <> WIS 1 <> CHA 1

My First Challenge

Mini 2:  Have followed people and updated my signature - hope the signature looks ok. :)

Level: 3 (EQ) - Race: Wood Elf - Class: Assassin Epic Quest: Rathlan

Current Challenge: Rathlan revisits old disciplines

Previous Challenges: Gaining Control Part 1 - Finding the future in the pastPart 2 - Preparing for Superhero statusRathlan Lays FoundationsRathlan learns to love mornings Rathlan refocuses on focus Rathlan brings it together

(Old system: Level 3 - Stats: STR 9 | DEX 7 | CON 6 | STA 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 4)

I've been trying to complete my signature but I can't seem to make my link to my current challenge work.  I put in the url in the correct box and have tried filling in all the boxes but it wont let me click okay.  If I hit cancel it will ask me if I want to but when I press yes nothing happens and I have to close the whole tab.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if you have any tips but they would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

LisaMarie

Level 0

Current Challenge

Accountabilibuddy Group

STR 0 STA 0 DEX 0 WIS 0 CON 0 CHA 0

Mini Quest #1 - Belated but DONE

and 

Mini Quest #2 - Making friends, check!

BadassityInMotion

Amazonian by birth, Druidic Ranger by choice (yeah, not sure how that's gonna work either!)

Level 0, training with the Adventurers - Challenge #1

BodyFat Composition Progress Bar - Start 24.3% - Goal 18%

20%
20%

"Your biggest challenge isn't yourself.

It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs, and the voice inside your head that relentlessly yells 'CAN'T'.

But you don't listen. You just push harder. And then you hear the voice whisper 'can'.

And then you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the person you REALLY ARE."  â€“ Dave Scott, U.S. Triathlete

"Namaste."

(In other words, "The Badass in me recognizes the Badass in you.")

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Good job everyone!

Week 3: The Library

So we've gotten into the swing of things and we're going full steam ahead, but there's something tripping us up and we aren't quite sure how we go forward.  Do we just stop altogether or do we find a solution?

I vote for finding a solution.  NF is a forum with loads of resources at our disposal - there are hundreds of threads answering questions that we have and there are tons of fantastic articles written by Steve and the Crew that we can use to help us get over the hump. We can even join a NF bookclub.

Searching is so easy too. At the top of this page is a search bar.  You can type your request in there and it will find all related threads.  You can search by members, help files, calendar and galleries there too.  The other option is to search by tags.  If you have added tags to your thread, just click on one of them and you will find other threads that have similar tags listed in date order.  (Don't worry if you don't have tags, you can search through tags on any thread).

So your challenge for this week has 3 parts:

1. Pinpoint the quest in your journey that is giving you the most uphill (or one that you're struggling to achieve)

2. Search through NF (forums or articles) to find one that is able to offer some assistance

3. Apply it to your challenge (no collecting underpants here).

Example:

1.  I'm having a hard time sticking to a paleo diet because I can't find affordable recipes that I like. 

2.  I found this thread about how to diet on a budget and this recipe thread.

3. I followed the advice, sat down and made a meal plan, then put together a grocery list and went shopping. Surprisingly I was able to spend less than $20 on a week's worth of food and because the crockpot does all the cooking for me, I didn't even miss my workout.

For completing this challenge, you will get a stat point as per the quest you have identified (you can choose which attribute this should be) to be allocated at the end of the challenge.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

1. Having a hard time sticking to a calorie deficit because I've come home for a job interview and am now faced with my mum's wonderful cooking, which is near on impossible to resist afer having to cook for myself so often.

2. This article and this article reminded me that a) my willpower is finite and maybe it is too big of a challenge for me to tackle all at once with both restricting calories and restising good food and  b ) even if I don't like it, I need to fix the problem rather than complain about how I "just can't resist".

3. I was thinking about staying home for a while, but to save my willpower I am going to go back to my term time address the day after my interview where I can get myself into better habits while using up less willpower. I will be removing myself from temptation. It would be nice to stay home for a bit but I need to do what I need to do to start up these habits.

Challenge 3 | Challenge 2 | Challenge 1

L3 Elf: | 0 STR | 1.6 DEX | 7.4 STA | 6.8 WIS | 8.6 CON | 3.8 CHA |

Overall Weight Loss Goal:

33.3%
33.3%

SW: 153lb CW: 142lb  GW: 120lb

This was exactly the kind of challenge I needed!

1. I jumped on the scale yesterday, achieved a weight I think could be ok (48.5 kgs / 107 lbs - 157 cm / 5'15" height), and spent all the day panicking about... what should I eat now? If I eat the same, will I stay this weight or go further down? Is this dieting (about 1500 kcal a day) extreme now I have a correct weight and I'm training harder? Panic panic panic.  :nevreness:  :nevreness:  :nevreness:
2. I read an interesting article from Steve, and after that other similar ones, all sources that I trust. Looking for reassurance, I opened a thread here.
3. In any case, Steve's article and all the sources confirmed I should eat way more and stop starving myself now. I'll try eating the right food in right (=higher) amounts and seek help from the community, to figure out if I'm doing right ore not.

• Like 1

• Ladygazza  :lemo: 

Race: Lightfoot Halfling | Class: Assassin

[Level: 1 | STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1 ]

​Current quest: Lemons!

Battle log: Le cahier de Mme Pie aka The Ladygazza

Accountabilibuddies: Aspiring Assassin Apprentice Accountabilibuddies

While not a direct "Quest" this time I am looking to improve my half marathon time, so this is a big factor I ignored in my initial quests toward my main goal.

1. I am terrible at adding interval training to my running. I usually just do Fartlek's and be done with it, but those are only so helpful. I really hate not just setting a distance goal for the day and running that. I need to be free of the "distance" number for awhile.

2. I read this article again by Steve on Interval Training and posted a request for suggestions in the running program forum.

3. I will listen for new ideas, but I purchased a new GPS watch this week which should help track my current speed to meet my goals speeds during intervals and also keep a closer eye on time and distance during these intervals.

Completing this side quest will add +1 DEX obviously :-)

Trizza the Padawan Scout - Level 2

STR 3/DEX 1/STA 5/CON 3/WIS 5/CHA 1

Epic Quest Challenges: #1 #2

MyFitnessPal/Strava/@troypatterson/Athlinks

"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose"- Yoda

Reach goal running weight (170 lbs) - Reached and held for a full week so far!

100%
100%

Run 458 Miles to Rivendell in 2015

60%
60%

Completed mini quest 2 today.  I tried fighting with the putting a link in my signature for awhile before deciding to go the easy way.  I'm still back and forth on putting progress bars in my sig, but I'm leaning towards not doing it because I don't want to have to update it that often.

I joined the accountability group Any Goal Will Do, partly because I also struggle with some of the issues mentioned in the group and also because I felt like the other groups didn't really fit me well, and I didn't want to start a new group two weeks into the challenge, as I feel most people have already chosen their group.

Onto mini quest 3!

LisaMarie

Level 0

Current Challenge

Accountabilibuddy Group

STR 0 STA 0 DEX 0 WIS 0 CON 0 CHA 0