Nannoo's nightly builds

Yay battle logs! I'm here because I need a change in my life, and I need it soon. As long as I can remember, I've been overweight, and I want to change that. I "tried" to do a 6WC a couple of years ago, but I didn't follow through, and this time I want to make sure I do it right.

My main issue is that I overeat way too easily. It's like I don't even think about what I'm eating until it's too late and I've already made myself feel disgusting. So one of the ways I'm going to try to counter that is to log all of my food in MyFitnessPal. I'm also going to try to use my slow cooker more, because I feel like that's a great way to make good food without having to be an awesome cook, and I can also keep better track of my portions and what I'm eating. 

I'm also going to make it a goal to post an update on my battle logs at least once a day, even if they're not very long. I just need to be more responsible with what I'm doing, and I think that if I can admit to the Internet at large all of the things I do to set myself back, it'll make me more accountable for my actions and it'll be easier for me to slip into some better habits.

Whew! Anyway, that's my introduction. I'm sure you'll learn even more about me as the weeks go by :)

So for today: I actually woke up pretty early compared to when I would normally wake up. It's only 7:28am here right now but I got up at 6:25! I've decided to try out a new alarm tactic: Instead of getting jolted awake at 6:30 or so every morning with a really loud, irritating alarm, I'm using an app called Alarm Clock Radio FREE to wake up at 6:00 or so to the soothing sound of Wisconsin Public Radio. It's worked for me so far, so I'm definitely going to keep using it.

I weighed myself this morning, and "lost" 3 lbs or so since yesterday morning! WOO! Haha I know that that's definitely just water weight or something, but it's still a nice little burst of joy to see that you've lost weight at all!

So, in review:

Last weigh-in:  339.9 lbs

This morning:   336.6 lbs

Goal weight:     316.6 lbs by May 28th

Thanks for reading everyone! I wish you all the best of luck!

Challenge thread | Battle logs | Active PVP | @PetziCola

Start: 349 lbs | Current: 332.6 lbs | Goal: 275 lbs

Endomondo | MyFitnessPal | Personal website

"Ah yes, I was wondering what would break first... your spirit, or your body!" - Bane, The Dark Knight Rises

Six Week Challenge Weight Loss Progress:

20%
20%

Yesterday was a pretty long day, but it was a good one. All I ate was a "stir fry" that I made with 5 chicken brats and two bags of steamed vegetables, for about 1500 calories. I cooked the brats with siracha and that made it even better. Then this morning I had a half a can of pineapple for breakfast. It's going to take awhile to clean out all the crappy food I have at home, and I refuse to throw it away because I'm a college kid living on a budget. So I'll still be eating some bread and other random crap every once in awhile :)

Starting weight: 339.9 lbs

Current weight: 333.6 lbs

Goal weight: 316.6 lbs by May 28th

"Ah yes, I was wondering what would break first... your spirit, or your body!" - Bane, The Dark Knight Rises

20%
20%

Today's been another long day! It's getting to the end of the semester, so a lot of stuff is starting to pile up for school. Working two separate jobs for about 25 hours per week total isn't helping much.

I walked home from class today! It was a beautiful day out here in Wisconsin, and the 1.24 mile, 21 minutes 39 seconds walk was really nice! I was wearing jeans though so that wasn't the best :P

My eating wasn't as good as yesterday, but I still did pretty well. I ate slightly more than my allotted 2,290 calories but I'm not discouraged! Far from it, I feel really good about how I'm doing so far in my first six week challenge!

Thanks for reading :)

Tomorrow is a new day!

20%
20%

These last couple of days have been extremely difficult.

A couple nights ago, my girlfriend and I broke up. It was mutual, and we thought it would be for the best, but it's hard as hell. Now we're both going to wait just a few days before we make any decisions because neither of us is thinking clearly at the moment.

So, yesterday was pretty bad in terms of food. I ate a parfait for breakfast, then I had 4 hotdogs for lunch and then when I was in the library doing homework with my roommate and some other people we ordered pizza and I ended up eating like 1 and a half medium pizzas. I don't really regret it because it was almost therapeutic in a greasy sort of way, but I ended up like 1300 calories over my allotted amount, which kind of sucks. Today is going to be much better though.

So yeah. I'm just trying to keep it all together now I guess. 

Peace out.

20%
20%

I went to Taco Bell yesterday. But I ended up only 200 calories over what I'm supposed to have, so I'm not too upset. I know I shouldn't have gone, but I was, I don't know, eating my sadness away I guess. Work last night sucked.

Today has been much better. I haven't had much to eat yet, but I'm planning a good supper for tonight. I'm going to make some sloppy joes with onion, peppers, beef (drain the fat, of course), mixed vegetables, and a sweet potato.

But yeah. All I can really do is take it day by day and do what I can to be happy.

Also I just finished playing the drums for a little bit. I haven't done that in forever so it was really nice.

20%
20%

In reply to someone on my main challenge thread...

I've been trying to get over my breakup, and it's been pretty difficult... but we're on good terms and we don't hate each other, so that's a plus! I haven't been walking as much as I would like to, but I did some today and it felt really good, so I just have to remember that feeling  :) As for food, I did pretty bad yesterday (4/20 lol) but other than that it's been largely positive! I've been staying within about 200 of my calorie goal so I'm proud of myself for that! I've also been really busy with school stuff, since the end of the semester is coming up! I have a ton of stuff to do and it's gonna be a huge pain until May 22nd!

I had a really good weekend, and I kept myself surrounded with friends, so that was really nice. I've been lucky to have such amazing people around me, and I do not take that for granted.

20%
20%

Hello to everyone who reads this! I've fallen off the face of the earth for the last couple weeks, and by extension, I haven't been posting here. So here's the lowdown on what's been going on with me:

• My ex girlfriend and I gave it another shot. We got back together and it lasted a couple weeks, then yesterday she broke it off again. This is the final time. I will not try to get back with her. Obviously I'm in a bit of a fragile emotional state right now, so I'm going to use my time and energy to work on myself and try to be the happiest person I can be. I'm going to do my best to eat better and do more things and be with my friends and all that fun stuff :)
  • I fell off the fitness wagon quite a bit. I haven't done much exercise, and I've been eating pretty badly, particularly in the last week or so. I'm going to make more of an effort to eat better, track all of my food and drinks, and lose the weight I've been trying to lose for literally years and years. I'm nearly 20 lbs down since January and I'm using that thought and the thought of how happy I'll be to motivate and encourage me to continue my weight loss journey.
  • My grandfather has been acting very strange lately... he is all of a sudden extremely paranoid that my grandma is cheating on him, hiding the car keys from her, etc., etc. That is not the man that I know and love, and he has been getting tested for ailments. It's been stressing me out because I don't want to lose him...

So that's my life right now. I will try to do a better job of posing like I'm supposed to :) Thanks to everyone who's written kind, encouraging words! You guys are all amazing!

20%
20%

So yesterday I made some awesome burritos and I wanted to share with you guys!

Shopping list:

• Two 8-packs of burrito tortillas
  • One large sweet onion
  • One green pepper
  • One red bell pepper
  • One 2-pack of seasoned chicken breasts
  • One bag of shredded cheese
  • Two cans of refried beans
  • Coconut oil

Preparation:

• Chop up the chicken into 1-inch square pieces (size is totally up to you) and throw it in a pan
  • While it's cooking, chop the onion, mixing up the chicken occasionally
  • When the chicken is done, or if you have a separate pan, put some coconut oil and the chopped onion on the stove
  • Put the chicken in a big mixing bowl
  • While the onion is cooking, chop up the peppers
  • When the onion is done, put it in the bowl with the chicken
  • Cook the peppers in coconut oil
  • When done, put them in the bowl with the chicken and onion
  • Dump the cans of refried beans into the bowl with everything else
  • Mix thoroughly
  • Get out the tortillas and cheese and separate the tortillas
  • Put a scoop of your mixture into each tortilla and top with cheese, then wrap it up
  • Wrap each burrito in tin foil
  • Bag
  • Freeze

They are absolutely delicious, and only about 250 calories apiece! Next time I'm going to buy more chicken but I think that's the only thing I would change so far.

Woo!

20%
20%

Hello hello! The last couple days have been crazy busy for me! Finals week is next week and I just have so much stuff to do. But I have been doing really well with not eating a crap-ton of food! The main issue is that I too easily like to eat out or order Jimmy John's, cause it's so easy. I'm working on it by preparing large amounts of good food to freeze and have later whenever I can.

As for physical activity, I've been walking much more than I normally do, and it feels good! I'm getting knee surgery on June 6th so I hope that helps with my pain! I tore the meniscus in my left knee a year ago last April and it's been bothering me ever since. I want to start running but that's just not an option until I get it fixed.

I'm still eating my burritos! They're so good and I can't wait to make another batch so that I can improve my recipe!

20%
20%