Netzzolo - In Like a Lion Out like a Lamb

netzzolo

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Well hello there,

Are you ready for another 6 weeks of fun?

Good, me too.

So there is some scheduling fun going on for me this challenge, the last 2 weeks of this challenge I will be on travel for work and out of 6 weekends I will only be home for half of them, with one of those 3 weekends hosting house guests. So weekends might be quiet around here.

I'm ready to pounce on this challenge, and adjust as needed with the hectic schedule

lkpic10.jpg

Last challenge I went for the make, do, learn approach. I really liked it so I will be using that template again

Quest 1: Make a Mile Counting Lock box

51yFgINP4pL._SY450_.jpg

I have been looking for an electronics project to do, and I was thinking I need to get out and walk/run more how could I put those together?

Well here is my answer!

I plan on designing and building a raspberry pi or arduino powered lock box that syncs up with my mile log, so every 5 miles or something it will open and something awesome will be inside (maybe a plant that needs to be watered, or some other kind of reward).

What will be inside is still up in the air, the building part is what I am focusing on this challenge

Quest 2: Do, Run / Walk 3x a week

yogging-t-shirt-anchorman-t-shirt_design

I gotta get up and moving more, when I get home if we don't go climbing, I don't do much.

Now with the help of you all I will have motivation!

Longer term goal - I want to make it to Rivendell by October, progress will be displayed in my signature

Quest 3: Learn, Guitar

rocksmith-ps3-boxart-1024x850.jpg

So we have Rocksmith, I should just play it. Lets say 3x a week for 30 minutes.

Because who doesn't want to learn guitar (probably a few people)?

The only exception is when I am gone for work the last 2 weeks of the challenge.

In that time I will read a book, possibly about guitars. 

Life Quest: Be Social, Don't Lurk

p-lamb.jpg

I am keeping this quest in from last challenge, I had some great support last challenge hopefully I can provide that to others this time

So this challenge I am aiming to post 5 times a week to any threads that are not my own. That is why we are here right? To support and encourage each other, and post gifs

Feel free to stop in and say hi :). You will possibly hear about climbing activities and board games and maybe plants, plants are growing now

abb94a16496fc2e923603f707ff49a3f.jpg

• Like 2

Level 3 Zoo Lion Assassin

Current Challenge

Past: 1 2   

Purpose, it's that little flame that lights a fire under your a$$ - Princeton, Avenue Q

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

Hooray! Found your challenge! Your lockbox idea is really cool! Please post lots of details for us!

Also, that lamb is ridiculously cute.

Hey welcome back!

I'll post stuff about the lockbox as I go, it might get switched over to a frog tank build... I just got excited about some dart frogs

We currently have 3 Whites tree frogs, which can be adorable... but more would be fun, and the little guys are active during the day

thorsleeps.png_zpsbwf78pfl.jpeg

[the mighty Thor sleeps, after evacuating a plant from his bed]

I'm liking this Rocksmith part of my challenge, it sucks me in :)  I just have to start playing, luckily Greg likes to play computer games so while he is off doing that I remember to boot up the PS3

I am also crocheting some flowers to give to my flower girls, I'll put some pictures up when I get those guys done too, and Hawkeye from last challenge

Current Challenge

Purpose, it's that little flame that lights a fire under your a$$ - Princeton, Avenue Q

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

Check out the flowers !

86de728267319bfc7bc7ea49009e80ca.jpg

I thought they turned out adorable.

Not as part of this challenge I have been doing a modified strong lifts program, and as I have been in Michigan for I was pretty excited I got my 3rd lift in this week ( my uncle has an awesome gym in his basement)

I'm going for a walk with my mom this morning then heading home. I'll do a better weekly summery tomorrow. How have all your challenges been going?

Sent from my iPhone using thumbs and Tapatalk please excuse any typos

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

You got to post your box when you are done with it. That sounds freaking awesome. I need to work on a new electronic myself.

I will post pictures when I am done!

so I have a question for you all does mowing the lawn with one of these bad boys count as a walk?

StaySharp-Max-Reel-Mower_width306.jpg

My legs would tell you yes, but I'm not sure if I feel like counting chores towards this challenge...

Anywho, I need to get my $#!t done this week and prioritize me, last week I lost Thursday - most of Sunday while I was in MI so I didn't get guitar playing or walking in :/ this week I gotta get it done by Thursday as we have guests in late Thursday through mid Sunday.

Happy week 2!

20121126-happylamb.jpg

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

I will post pictures when I am done!

so I have a question for you all does mowing the lawn with one of these bad boys count as a walk?

StaySharp-Max-Reel-Mower_width306.jpg

My legs would tell you yes, but I'm not sure if I feel like counting chores towards this challenge...

Anywho, I need to get my $#!t done this week and prioritize me, last week I lost Thursday - most of Sunday while I was in MI so I didn't get guitar playing or walking in :/ this week I gotta get it done by Thursday as we have guests in late Thursday through mid Sunday.

Happy week 2!

20121126-happylamb.jpg

I count my time mowing, it can be a hell of a workout.

Challenges:

R: Winter is Here

20|19|18|17|16|15|14|13|R|12|11|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” -John Galt

I'm walking to another building today (its Sunny!) and mowing the lawn tonight so I will record my distance and count it as a walk!

As far as the puzzlebox I plan on using this kind of setup http://www.sundial.com/(at least the servo locking mechanism) you might be able to see it better here http://arduiniana.org/projects/the-reverse-geo-cache-puzzle/

now I just need to get working on an adruino sketch so I can sync it to my mile log, and design an enclosure

so much to do, too much work takes up so much time during the day :/ eh it funds my projects :)

Happy Wednesday

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

I'm walking to another building today (its Sunny!) and mowing the lawn tonight so I will record my distance and count it as a walk!

As far as the puzzlebox I plan on using this kind of setup http://www.sundial.com/(at least the servo locking mechanism) you might be able to see it better here http://arduiniana.org/projects/the-reverse-geo-cache-puzzle/

now I just need to get working on an adruino sketch so I can sync it to my mile log, and design an enclosure

so much to do, too much work takes up so much time during the day :/ eh it funds my projects :)

Happy Wednesday

I clicked on the puzzlebox links to see what it was and am returning to your post half an hour later. That is really cool stuff - super awesome that you can build that!

tinkerer
Level 14 Elven Blacksmith

current challenge - yearlong quest

14 13 12 11 10 9.1 9.0 8 7 6 5 4,2 4.1 4.0 3 2 1

I missed lifting heavy things yesterday Sunday I should be getting an actual barbell setup and my sand bags can be used for a more assassin type workout

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

Did you get your new barbell setup?

I did! the end of the school year is a great time for Craig's List in a college town. So now I have my very own olympic bar, some plates, and a bench/rack combo. Nothing extraordinary but the basics are there.

In other challenge news

It is totally mystifying me how much effort it is taking me to fit in a walk :/ and I haven't just been sitting and watching TV! sigh a weekend at home will help me get back on track. To be honest this will be one thing that will be easier when I am on travel for work.

Guitar is coming along, I don't necessarily feel like i could go off and play something yet, but I'm getting the basics down.

I found an online arduino simulator so I can test out my circuit to make sure I know what I need to order (and what I can use from home). So the box is moving along also. I just need to decide if I want to build a box or just buy a cool looking one.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

Do you have a particular song that you are working toward on the guitar?

not really, I'm just playing along with the rocksmith game. I and now a Level 2 act or something of the sort. There are 3 new songs that I am trying to qualify through, I just don't remember what they are

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

FUN!!!  How's the weekend going ..... any fitness fitting in???

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

I had a pretty awesome weekend,

Food Truck Friday / Drive-In (to see Avengers! and Cinderella)

Lifted some heavy stuff

Cleaned the deck

Climbed some rocks inside

Read a book in the sun!

It was great, maybe not so much progress wise towards goals this challenge but it was a nice relaxing balanced weekend.

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

I got a walk in yesterday (had to sacrifice guitar time, but its ok) and today was mow the lawn day. My other half and I split the lawn, so just mowing the front and edging is a whole mile. I was pretty surprised

• Like 1

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

I got a walk in yesterday (had to sacrifice guitar time, but its ok) and today was mow the lawn day. My other half and I split the lawn, so just mowing the front and edging is a whole mile. I was pretty surprised

Oh yea!  It's surprising how many steps it takes to cover a lawn!!  Good job.

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

So the crazy weekend is done now I'm on my 2 week guitar hiatus. I found out I didn't like trying to do my strong lifts with the stuff at the hotel, so this week will be all bodyweight stuff. Also there is a climbing gym down the road! I brought my shoes! More updates to come

• Like 1

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

So the crazy weekend is done now I'm on my 2 week guitar hiatus. I found out I didn't like trying to do my strong lifts with the stuff at the hotel, so this week will be all bodyweight stuff. Also there is a climbing gym down the road! I brought my shoes! More updates to come

Looking forward to updates! That is really cool that you get to check out a new climbing gym while traveling. I've wanted to do that at conferences and such but haven't ever made it work.

What sort of bodyweight things are you trying?

tinkerer
Level 14 Elven Blacksmith

current challenge - yearlong quest

14 13 12 11 10 9.1 9.0 8 7 6 5 4,2 4.1 4.0 3 2 1