Moralitea needs discipline, not dessert.

Moralitea

My biggest problem? Discipline.

I have tons of knowledge on what I should be eating, I plan healthy, buy healthy, set aside time for workouts, bike to work, decide that this will be "the week" where I suddenly become this crazy in shape superstar. And then it doesn't happen, and I let my bad habits give me "comfort" because it didn't go how I planned. 

So for this challenge, I'm going to do the opposite. Instead of making huge changes that only cause me to backslide when I fail, I want small wins. Lots of them. My healthy eating goal isn't to make huge changes, but rather make small substitutions to things I already do that make it better for me and to lay a strong foundation.

I know this is going to take discipline, and that's why I'm doing it this way. Discipline is something I need to develop more in all areas of my life, as I always make great initial strides but tend to not follow through or continue with it.

Starting Weight: 230lb (102kg, roughly). Yeeeeikes, injuring my back and hitting up old diet habits put me here. Time to dig out.

Goal 1: Healthy Breakfasts that are actually....well........Healthy?

I bike to work, and often that means skipping a solid breakfast at home because it doesn't feel good biking on a full stomach at first; or I'll end up stopping for a breakfast sandwich halfway in. I don't like that! I own the greatest blender there is, and recently for my wife's birthday purchased her an Omega masticating juicer. I have no excuse for not having a healthy breakfast! I love juices and smoothies!

Goal: To have at least 25/30 healthy breakfasts, be it smoothie or juice. This covers the business days, as on the weekends I can cook as I like when I wake up. 

Goal 2: A strong body is a healthy body. That's Simple and Sinister!

I love my kettlebells. Coming off of a back injury though, I need to make sure that I'm rehabbing my back correctly while rebuilding my strength. Enter Simple and Sinister! I'll be doing swings and TGU's 3x a week in order to get my body used to that movement and mobility again. 

Goal: 15/18 S&S Workouts: Sunday, Tuesday, & Thursday Weekly

Goal 3: Being more conscious of what goes into my body.

I really sometimes find myself eating without thinking. So to fight this, I want to start keeping track of anything that goes into my mouth, food or drink. I'm not going to be counting calories, I just want to be mindful of the eating choices I am making. I'll be doing this on my battle log, and if I really like what I'm eating, I will probably post a picture. 

Goal: Track my meals 25/30 days for the challenge. Breakfast should be easy!

Day to Day posting will be done in the battle log, while any big events and weekly updates will be posted here. I'll be checking both daily, so cheer me on!

• Like 3

Moralitea, Level 2 Flind Assassin
{STR 3|DEX 2|STA 4|CON 4WIS 2|CHA 2}

Incepto Ne Desistam.

Previous Challenges: 1,

Someone else doing Simple And Sinister, yay! Love the small changes plan.

If I let my head plan a crazy workout schedule, I probably will end up only doing half. :P

Simple and Sinister is....well exactly that. Not a lot of thinking. :D

Incepto Ne Desistam.

If I let my head plan a crazy workout schedule, I probably will end up only doing half. :tongue:

Simple and Sinister is....well exactly that. Not a lot of thinking. :D

yeah, I love that about it. I can just do it without thinking about it.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Monday Update:

Not doing AMAZING on tracking meals and I did have pizza on Friday as that was the only thing open in that neck of Cleveland after the concert I went to, but I've done well at keeping my meals healthy and watching my portions. 

My workouts have been decent, but Friday before the concert a personal trainer of mine asked for some help with his boss's training video so I did a crazy circuit workout with the rest periods being super sets of ab exercises (varied between crunches, slow crunches with a 3 second pause at the top, reverse crunches, v-ups, and supermans. oh God ow why). I'm glad I've been doing some work with S&S because otherwise I would have embarrassed myself. Luckily my form is still great and I actually impressed my buddy's boss, he admitted that he thought I was going to make the video harder :P

I'm excited and this week my big effort is going to be hitting up my battle log daily with updates as my meal tracking was lacking this past week. 

• Like 1

Incepto Ne Desistam.

Hubby has back problems... I feed him bacon & eggs for that.. :-0

What "diet" are you focusing on? I've been trying to figure food out for years -- still makes no sense.

Being "over 50" and recently deciding to take high blood pressure seriously, I tripped over the "dash" diet. It's a low sodium high fruit & veggie kind of thing. It took me a while to decipher the "rules" involved. I think it's mostly a "servings per day" thing.

I found one quote that reads simply, " You just cut the fat, double your fruits & vegetables & use low-fat dairy products" The thing for me is the cutting out salt!! There is salt in EVERYTHING!!! And LOTS of it! Real food takes a lot more time to prepare than just grab & go garbage.

Blenders are probably very helpful for increasing your fruit & calcium intake.

I've been putting frozen veggies in my steamer basket a lot lately, and mixing no-salt sauces. I tried to find some mustard that wasn't jacked up on the sodium and wound up in the spice section (really had to think for that one :-P ) It had a recipe for honey mustard sauce right on the back of the jar!

Keep writing everything down - I know that helps. (I've known dieters that will skip eating the junk food just so they don't have to go to the trouble of logging it!)

~good luck~

• Like 1

ADVENTURER

now

howareyoudoing

Some kind of Jedi .....

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

“THE QUESTION ISN'T WHO IS GOING TO LET ME; IT'S WHO IS GOING TO STOP ME?” Ayn Rand

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49