Ithil's journey to recovery

Ithil

Fruits are a strange hassle for me as well. I wonder if we could bake them? Or like, roast them. IDK. Of course you can always slice up your banana nice and thin and plop it down in a spoon full of peanut butter!

I think this is Day # 25 or if you do it this way, it's Week 4 Day 4.

I like your observations on the team thread about skipping the paper trail part of tracking. I often found it easier to really 'notice' things I think or do or react to that are causing issues. So I'd say you're on to something good with that.

Baking fruits into something or making them into smoothie would work well! I have to try that in next challenge, then I'll try to up my fruit and vegetable intake to two doses per day minimum now that I have one all covered in this challenge!

• Like 1

LV 2 Elf Scout

STR: 3 | DEX: 1 | STA: 7 | CON: 8 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

Challenges: 1, 2

Running/biking 30-60 min: 0/12

0%
0%

Yoga or flexibility practice: 0/15

0%
0%

Physiotherapy sessions: 6/96

6%
6%

1 h reading: 3/42

7%
7%
1. To run/walk/exercise 20-30 minutes three times per week (anything from running, walking, exercise biking or other type of exercise counts)

100% = 18 times total = 3 STR + 2 STA

75 % = 14 times total = 2 STR + 1,75 STA

50 % = 9 times total = 1 STR + 1,5 STA

25 % = 5 times total = 0,625 STR + 0,625 STA

2. Do 5-10 min warm-up and cool-down before exercise (I am bad when it comes to remembering this especially when exercise biking, when it's in my living room it's far too easy just to jump on it when excited to get some exercise)

100%=18 times total = 4 CON

75 %=14 times total = 3 CON

50 %=9 times total = 2 CON

25 %=5 times total = 1 CON

3. Do physiotherapy 3 times per week (I have a shoulder injury also which needs recovery time so this is work towards that).

100% = 18 times total = 3 CON

75 % = 14 times total = 2,25 CON

50 % = 9 times total = 1,5 CON

25 % = 5 times total = 0,75 CON

4. To support my exercise routine I also want to drink 6 glasses of water per day as well as eat a fruit per day

100% = 42 times total = 3 CON

75 % = 32 times total = 2,25 CON

50 % = 21 times total = 1,5 CON

25 % = 11 times total = 0,75 CON

5. My life goal is to every day read, watch tv or do something that makes me feel good for 30-45 minutes because it will help me recover mentally and also help me reach my exercise goals by making me feel like I can accomplish anything I want again.

Well, to sum up overall in this challenge I did well, I just happened to forget my login information to here so I wasn't able to update. :D

My first goal was exercising 3 times per day and it ended up being mostly exercise bike. That I managed to do 15/18 times which is bit disappointing since the misses happened on the first week of the challenge when I had a flu so I wasn't able to do anything about it later. My second goal was warm ups and cool downs and that I managed also to do 15/18 times. The fourth thing was physiotherapy: that I did 17/18 times, one I missed due to the cortisone injection to the shoulder so I wasn't able to move my hand on the physiotherapy day and even now my hand is really killing me as well as my thumb which got the other injection. The fourth goal was eating a fruit per day and six glasses of water which I did 42/42 times!

So my overall stats are:

Goal 1: 2 STR + 2 STA

Goal 2: 3 CON

Goal 3: 2 CON

Goal 4: 3 CON

Regarding my life goal I've learned to let myself have time to relax and find things that I like doing which is great. I will though have to do it more since the burn out and PTSD are still kidnapping my mind quite often but I'll win those in the end.

Regarding my next challenge I'll stay in the scouts and probably concentrate on upping my veggie and fruit intake, try to get my sugar intake down and try to change my exercise goals to that there's both strength and endurance training since I notice that often I just choose my exercise bike which makes exercising quite boring but I seem to be reluctant to change my habit without a good reason to do so.

• Like 1

LV 2 Elf Scout

STR: 3 | DEX: 1 | STA: 7 | CON: 8 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

Challenges: 1, 2

Running/biking 30-60 min: 0/12

0%
0%

Yoga or flexibility practice: 0/15

0%
0%

Physiotherapy sessions: 6/96

6%