• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MrsFeanor

MrsFeanor Reloads a Checkpoint

I jumped in to the last challenge two weeks late, participated for two weeks and then everyone in my house got the zombie virus (also known as sinus infections). So I decided at that point to just reload from a checkpoint with the next challenge. So, here I am.

I am a full-time work outside the home mom of two crazy energetic little girls (almost 4 and 1 1/2). I joined the rebellion because I'm tired of using "I don't have enough time" as an excuse to stay lazy and out of shape.

My long-term goal is to get to 18% body fat, and I am currently sitting at 29.5%.

Quest #1: Couch to 8k - interval training 3x a week.

I registered for the new 8k course at the Rock n Roll Seattle on 6/13. It's far enough away that I can actually train for it, but close enough to scare me into actually training. :eek-new:

Measurement: A = 18x trainings, B = 14x trainings, C = 9x trainings

Reward: 5 STA - probably my most difficult quest, so I'm weighting the stats in hopes of motivating myself to finish it

Quest #2: Drink 64oz of water a day. I have been working up this goal since the beginning of the year, using a 32oz water bottle, so this works out to two waterbottles per day.

Measurement: A = 42 days, B = 32 days, C = 21 days

Reward: 3 CON

Quest #3: Take my lunch to work twice a week. Currently, I am buying lunch everyday, which is terrible for my health and my wallet.

Measurement: A = 12x lunches, B = 9x lunches, C = 6x lunches

Reward: 2 CON + 2 WIS

Life Quest: Spend 30 minutes each day tidying up my house, broken into two 15 minute sprints (hopefully each one in a different room, unless one room really needs the full 30 minutes).

Measurement: A = 42 days, B = 32 days, C = 21 days

Reward: 3 CHA - since the main motivation for this is to be able to entertain friends and host game nights

Motivation: Short-term - get back into my "skinny" jeans, Long-term - Show my girls how to balance life & work in such a way that you can still take care of your health.

• Like 3

Mini #1:

The goals are SMART, but here's where I tripped up last time:

Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them?

I am going to use a combination of HabitRPG and a chart on Google drive. I'm hoping the visibility of both of these tools will help me to stay on track this go 'round.

What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?

If I become ill or injured, I will need to downgrade my goal for running and probably my life quest as well.

---

+1 WIS

• Like 1

Good luck with your challenges! I used to eat lunch at work all the time. I saw a very big difference in my wallet and waist when I stopped (inversely related, it seems)

• Like 1

Hopefully everyone in your house is feeling better. 

i've heard of habit rpg, but never used it. What do you think of it?

We're getting there, but not quite all the way. Soon, I hope.

I enjoy it in spurts. They still don't quite have reminders to log in working yet, so I find myself forgetting to check things off as completed & then my character takes unnecessary damage. However, the pets and inventory are pretty motivating to me. Gotta catch 'em all! :)

Yesterday, I packed my lunch. Yay!

But forgot my running gear. Boo...

But I did run when I got home, so it has begun.

I also drank all my water & tidied up for 30 minutes. Hubby was quite impressed with the state of the kitchen by the time my second timer went off. Now to build on those successes & not burn myself out. :)

1GTZA4flUzQI0.gif

• Like 1

you've got some great goals and good luck working around the kiddies (it can be fun). 

You might notice that someone has added a tag to your post.  This is not to box you into a corner but rather because your goals or lifestyle have links to the guild you've been tagged and we'd like to bring you to the attention of one of their guild ambassadors. These ambassadors will be able to offer you advice, encouragement and support on your goals.  You don't even have to wait around for them to come introduce themselves to you, you are more than welcome to pop into the Scouts' board and introduce yourself to the guildies there. I am also around to answer any questions that you might have so do not hesitate to PM me.

Good Luck with your challenge

AB xx

Ok, totally not fitness related, but I just had to share to nerdy updates from yesterday...

NEW STAR WARS TRAILER!!!

If you haven't seen it yet, seriously, just go. I keep trying to be cynical about this film, but these trailers are just so damn good.  :hypnotysed:  :love-struck:

Also, Hearthstone was released on the iPhone. I suddenly sense the need to set that up as a reward, so my nights aren't completely hijacked. :playful:

just focus on the not so bad things you see... I noticed rice crackers, strawberries and oranges/cuties/mandarins (not sure what exactly but they're orange and roundish) Sometimes having some fruit will help curb wanting to eat really bad things like doughnuts, and the sugars from fruit are way better than doughnuts or Oreos!

Stay away from the Oreos at all cost!!!! Not sure how valid it is, but a study released the other day says oreos are as addictive as cocaine.... 

just focus on the not so bad things you see... I noticed rice crackers, strawberries and oranges/cuties/mandarins (not sure what exactly but they're orange and roundish) Sometimes having some fruit will help curb wanting to eat really bad things like doughnuts, and the sugars from fruit are way better than doughnuts or Oreos!

Stay away from the Oreos at all cost!!!! Not sure how valid it is, but a study released the other day says oreos are as addictive as cocaine.... 

I grabbed a strawberry on the way by, but they were just about gone. Trying really hard to stay away from the Oreos.

• Like 1

Oh, that's unfair. The Cupcakes are looking so good. For me it helped to look up the calories of some sweets before I ate them. If I really wanted something, I would take a small amount. But sometimes I decided to pass, because it had as many calories as something more healthy I liked. And sometimes I ask a friend, if she wants to share something with me, to make the servings smaller. When somebody is baking something, I'm really curious and at least want to know, how it tastes. But a whole cupcake or a whole slice of cake would be too much. Only a few times it tasted so good, that I wanted to have my own slice. Most of the time I can resist, when my curiosity is satisfied.

And thanks for sharing the trailer. I can't beliefe, my boyfriend didn't show me this before.

Feeling a bit discouraged to start off this week. Hubby is sick again, and the girls seem to smell mama's exhaustion like fresh brains.

Last week started off strong, and then petered out towards the end.

Run 2/3 = 67%  :hopelessness:

Water 5/7 = 71%  :numbness:

Lunch 2/2 = 100%  :triumphant:

30 minute tidy 2/7 = 29%  :grief:

I had hoped to run today, but hubby faded fast & I had to do bedtime instead.

L7XBc0r7MD4Ck.gif

• Like 1

Hi MrsFeanor, Your calligraphy message is an awesome reminder of the challenge goals.  If you don't mind, I might borrow your idea and put up a similar message in my home.

Also, love your water challenge. Hope you're feeling great from all the H2O.  :peaceful:

Week 2 Update:

Pretty Rough  :numbness: 

Run = 1/3 33%

Water = 4/7 57%

Lunch = 2/2 100%

Tidy up = 2/7 29%

I ran and brought my lunch today, and I'm determined to finish this week out stronger stronger strongerwhatdoesn'tkillyoumakesyoustronger... Oh sorry, fell into a Kelly Clarkson vortex there...

• Like 1

So, I realized recently that trying to go from not having any kind of tidy up routine to 30 minutes everyday is kind of setting myself up for failure, as evidenced by the 2/7 score from both of the last two weeks.

So I’m going to adjust my life quest back and down a bit.

Instead of two 15 minute sprints I want to aim for:

- An empty sink before bed

- 1 10 minute tidy done in one of the public spaces (either living room or dining/kitchen)

I think this will set me up for better success since emptying the sink is actually the habit I want to build currently, and adding the tidy up is for hubby’s sanity. :D

• Like 2

Empty sink before bed....oh how I love for this to happen. The worst most depressing thing ever is waking up then going into the kitchen to see an evil awful pile of dirty nasty dishes glaring accusingly at you. Go you! XD